FOTM gold reward system

FOTM gold reward system

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lapoemist.5097

Lapoemist.5097

I was wondering if fotm should incorporate a gold reward system for each instance (lvl dependent) like the current dungeons reward system.
Good idea?
It would make to run FOTM again. XD

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Definetly. Considering that average length of the fractal is roughly the same as an average length of a dungeon. Considering rewards we get in fotm, make the gold reward into like 50 silvers or so. Or maybe 2-3g upon completion of all?

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: nightzirch.3126

nightzirch.3126

I agree.

I am currently at personal level 50, meaning I have spent between 50 and 100 hours in FOTM. I dont consider myself a lazy person, but when I started with GW2 I decided to not do anything I dont get joy from doing. This has resulted in me not farming CS or other places for “mad cash”. I have a little over 50g and I have around 1300 hours played. That is very little consindering the amount of time I have put into the game. I am usually not running other dungeons than FOTM and when Im not, I do PvP. I dont think a player like myself should have to farm champions or hoard on the TP in order to get money.

TL;DR
FOTM should have a higher cash reward

Hi, I’m Chris aka nightzirch
Snow Crows [SC]
Front-end developer – SecretToymaker.com

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

1-9 50s per fractal, daily maw 1g
10-19 1g per fractal, daily maw 2g
20-29, 1.5g per fractal, daily maw 3g

Same pattern up to 80. It also needs a unique exotic TRADEABLE drop from each individual end boss of a fractal. Like the obby sword from FoW

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

A guaranteed exotic per boss would be nice, even if they remain account-bound on acquisition as they are now.

Retired. Too many casuals.

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

It is somewhat dumb that Entropy/genesis doesn’t drop from the Archdiviner. Prestigious, valuable drops should come from difficult instances, not casual open world.

Most dungeon/fotm hardcores aren’t obsessed with gold, but they would like some prestige items. Gold rewards alone will not satisfy this, though its better than no reward. If every legendary boss in the game had an ultra low chance of dropping a miniature version of himself on his exotic loot table… lets just say I could imagine Mini-Lupicus being one of the most prestigious (and valuable) items in the game.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I think some of the bosses in HotW p2 and p3 get killed on a less regular basis than Lupi though.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

FOTM gold reward system

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I think some of the bosses in HotW p2 and p3 get killed on a less regular basis than Lupi though.

Supply would be lower… but so would demand.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

FOTM gold reward system

Bright.9160

Supply would be lower… but so would demand.

I know. I have proposed said idea a couple of times as well though. And I know that mini Lupi would be the most popular.

Honestly, I thought they’d have the same birthday system as GW1 and I thought mini lupi was gonna be the Exotic one.

But nah, screw that, everyone gets the same mini, that way everyone is happy! Lol…

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

FOTM gold reward system

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Knowing Anet, mini lupi will be released as a reward for a pvp tournament winning team, there will only be 5 in circulation ever and they will be worth thousands of gold. Then someone will figure out how to dupe them and everyone will freak out.

Where have I seen this story before….

Death and Taxes [DnT]

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Uh, uh, uh. I know.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Does it rhyme with Build Floors, Son?

Retired. Too many casuals.

FOTM gold reward system

Bright.9160

I actually calculated the conversion for mini Kanaxai. Taking a price of 1750 armbraces, at 30e per armbrace, and 30 dollars for a stack of ecto’s (around the prices late-2010, early 2011). You get 6300 dollars for mini Kanaxai. Translated to the current dollar-to-gold ratio’s (just googled the first one I could find) that’s around 25,000 gold.

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I actually calculated the conversion for mini Kanaxai. Taking a price of 1750 armbraces, at 30e per armbrace, and 30 dollars for a stack of ecto’s (around the prices late-2010, early 2011). You get 6300 dollars for mini Kanaxai. Translated to the current dollar-to-gold ratio’s (just googled the first one I could find) that’s around 25,000 gold.

And to add to your point Mr. Sparkles recently sold on ebay for $700 USD…

Back to the topic, I agree FOTM should award gold but only once per day for each daily, example:
Completing maw on
lvl 2-8 gives 50s (I see this equivalent to a story mode in terms of time & difficulty since there is no agony)
10-18 1g
20-28 1.5g
30-38 2g
40-48 3g

And so forth would be the way to do it, I limited the reward compare to the above post since otherwise players wud abuse this.
Also you cannot reward per fractal as doing swamp takes like 5 mins or less…which would definately be exploited.

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Also you cannot reward per fractal as doing swamp takes like 5 mins or less…which would definately be exploited.

50s for swamp sounds reasonable when cof1 gives 1g.

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

50s for swamp sounds reasonable when cof1 gives 1g.

SE p2 also gives 1g… and stories are usually longer than most explorables yet they give 50s

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

“First off, crafting is not the only way to get Ascended Weapons! Anywhere you can get an Ascended Material drop or an Ascended item drop there is also a rare chance that you will get an Ascended Weapon chest that allows you to choose which weapon type you want from within a stat combo. And lastly, there is a new collection tab for Ascended Crafting materials that includes all the new materials and gives you a little peak at the additional materials coming later this year.”

Fractals were not mentioned… but mist essences count as “ascended” material perhaps? EVERYONE, BACK TO FRACTALS, GO GO GO!

FOTM gold reward system

haviz.1340

Rare chance = 2e-64.

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

“First off, crafting is not the only way to get Ascended Weapons! Anywhere you can get an Ascended Material drop or an Ascended item drop there is also a rare chance that you will get an Ascended Weapon chest that allows you to choose which weapon type you want from within a stat combo. And lastly, there is a new collection tab for Ascended Crafting materials that includes all the new materials and gives you a little peak at the additional materials coming later this year.”

Fractals were not mentioned… but mist essences count as “ascended” material perhaps? EVERYONE, BACK TO FRACTALS, GO GO GO!

This is how i read it. If it is true (and i dont see why not) it provides a non time gated way and sorta a fractal rewards revamp. That is until everyone has their ascended weps and then fractals will die again LOL

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Knowing Anet, mini lupi will be released as a reward for a pvp tournament winning team, there will only be 5 in circulation ever and they will be worth thousands of gold. Then someone will figure out how to dupe them and everyone will freak out.

Nah, probably would have been introduce a completely out of lore, exploitable/soloable and lime limited LS istance with a chest at the end with a 0,000 – snip for lenght – 00001% chance to drop a minipet to sell at stratosferical prices.

Completely random chances FTW.

/sarcasm

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

New blog today confirming that Dungeons will be a consistent source of the new ingredients in T7 mats (or something along those lines). The way that mobs are spawned in Fractals (as opposed to most dungeons) could be a significant factor in the rewards discussion here.

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: Lapoemist.5097

Lapoemist.5097

Any ideas on how we can get started on this idea and make it a reality? XD
Spread the word?…Contact ANet? Leave comment on “support?”
:3

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Fractals are much more challenging than most dungeons, and cannot even be compared to world bosses.
I thought we would get rewards according to the level of challenge…

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

FOTM gold reward system

haviz.1340

World bosses? You mean alt-tab bosses?

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Fractals are much more challenging than most dungeons, and cannot even be compared to world bosses.
I thought we would get rewards according to the level of challenge…

Have you noticed how the easy, boring living story content that you have to grind out, always has better rewards than the more difficult living story content? Tribulation Mode for SAB gives a dumb weapon if you do it all. Grinding out the lame kitten gives titles + other goodies

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Yes there seem to be some kind of correlation between the game modes where people spend the most gems and the rewards … how strange …hm

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

FOTM gold reward system

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

The essence dropped in fractals is considered an ascended crafting material but its only good for the fractal backpiece and fractal rings. That is why they are listed in a separate area in your materials bank slots. They will NEVER be used for any other ascended items. Much like the pristine relics, they are useless!