FOTM got kicked, for no particular reason

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: idan koren.7691

idan koren.7691

i played the Dungeon lots of times... i’m lvl 20 (Dungeon lvl) and i get in with lvl 22 guys..

they didnt like that i was dying from time to time :( .

so on the last before stage of the bonus at the last boss thay kicked me.

I have two names.. if you want I can give you them hope you will help me in the problem,
Because it’s not fair that someone comes in and gets things for all the work and time invested

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

Had this happen a few times myself. Got kicked at the end of an Arah path 3 run after I basically carried the entire team. >.> They were all in the same guild too btw.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

There’s a report function ingame, and you can report via support on website.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Watch out for same guild PUGs.

I usually party with guildies and sometimes we need a 5th, or even 4th and 5th. We don’t troll people by kicking them at the end (except once, but wasn’t a troll, he just showed his true colors on maw). With that being said, if somebody is playing poorly, not listening, or just being a jerk, it’s extremely easy to kick them.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Aurora.9048

Aurora.9048

I got kicked for no reason before final boss in AC path 3 when pugging with same guild last week. We went smoothly btw.

I screen shot before we started the run(always do this when I pug), and reported them for scamming. I feel like I have been used. Be careful when you pug with ppl who are from same guild.

P.S. I usually run dungeons with my friends.

Posted by: Lodius.5392

Lodius.5392

I will instantly leave a group if it is a long dungeon run and the other 4 are from the same guild.

People are jerks without remorse in this game ( so I have found ). They will take your money (happened to me for 89 gold) or kick you without warning… plus tons of other stuff.

There is no reprecussions as ANET seems to allow this type of behavior. Not to throw off on them, but it seems that there is nothing stopping people from scamming or kicking.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

i played the Dungeon lots of times… i’m lvl 20 (Dungeon lvl) and i get in with lvl 22 guys..

they didnt like that i was dying from time to time .

You kept dying so they kicked you… how is this a surprise? o.O
I know the game itself might do it, but other players are not required to spoon feed you and hold your hand.

Posted by: Inevitable.8920

Inevitable.8920

This is why I always use bandicam to Record 100% of maw fractal

Death and Taxes [DnT] – Inevitable

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

i played the Dungeon lots of times… i’m lvl 20 (Dungeon lvl) and i get in with lvl 22 guys..

I know the game itself might do it, but other players are not required to spoon feed you and hold your hand.

Don’t be obtuse. They kicked him at the END, when rewards were going to be claimed.

It one thing to kick someone when they made the mistake. You don’t waste their time by having them do the whole content and then boot them and bring a guildie in for the reward. That’s just absurd.

OP, never run PuG groups with 4 people of the same guild. If they are all of the same guild, then YOU must open the dungeon.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Oh god please. I run with 3 friends and we pug the last guy, nothing is worse than having some idiot in magic find or signets holding the dungeon at ransom.

Real story here is this-

1.) It was wrong of them to wait till the end to kick you. If they had a problem with you, they should have kicked you earlier. They’re either griefing because you annoyed them (seen this alot), or they genuinely wanted that slot for a friend, in which case they are kitten.

2.) If you don’t want this to happen again, instead of being a kittenhole and opening the instance so people have to deal with your dieing (as suggested above).. work out why it is you are failing and correct it so people don’t have a reason to kick you. Win/win for everyone.

Anet’s not gonna help you in this matter. Best you can do is make sure there’s 100% no reason to kick you in the future and hope u dont run into kittenholes.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

2.) If you don’t want this to happen again, instead of being a kittenhole and opening the instance so people have to deal with your dieing (as suggested above).. work out why it is you are failing and correct it so people don’t have a reason to kick you. Win/win for everyone.

O.O you mean you might actually have to improve your play and use legit strategies/weapon sets and carry your own weight in order to not die a lot and get kicked from groups? you’re crazy…

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Player Character.9467

Don’t be obtuse. They kicked him at the END, when rewards were going to be claimed.

It one thing to kick someone when they made the mistake. You don’t waste their time by having them do the whole content and then boot them and bring a guildie in for the reward. That’s just absurd.

OP, never run PuG groups with 4 people of the same guild. If they are all of the same guild, then YOU must open the dungeon.

OP admittedly dies a lot in the run, wouldn’t surprise me if he was dying during the boss too and they finally got tired of it.

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

OP admittedly dies a lot in the run, wouldn’t surprise me if he was dying during the boss too and they finally got tired of it.

This could be the case, dying on a boss is extremely frustrating. Was in a level 38 pug a while back and we had a guardian which would go down literaly at every confrontation, we put up with it for whatever reason but at the ice fractal (2nd one) final boss, he DIED (not downed) twice. We stopped resing him even out of downed state after that since we would actually die trying and cause wipes, idk why we didnt kick but the point is that even one player dying constantly can cause huge problems in the party and how smooth the run goes, and OP’s party probably got so fed up with it and just kicked.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You kick when the mistake is made. You don’t use him to finish the run and then spitefully kick him so he doesn’t get a reward for completion.

It was your fault you didn’t properly vet the player to begin with, as deficient players have telltale signs even at the beginning of a run that tell you whether you will need to replace him.

To be honest I’m getting tired of all you people rationalizing despicable behavior. You wouldn’t want this done to one of your guildies or irl friends newly playing the game. But since these people are strangers you are more than happy to behave like animals.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I’m getting tired of people rationalizing bad behavior. Like telling people who are problematic enough to be kicked, that the solution is to open the instance and screw the rest of the team over into putting up with them. And acting like the only reason anyone gets kicked is because the other 2-4 people in the team are just big bad meanies.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I’m getting tired of people rationalizing bad behavior. Like telling people who are problematic enough to be kicked, that the solution is to open the instance and screw the rest of the team over into putting up with them. And acting like the only reason anyone gets kicked is because the other 2-4 people in the team are just big bad meanies.

100% team swiftpaw. My guild group has kicked numerous people around maw, and they probably all went on complaining on forums saying we kicked to replace with a guildie. If it’s 3 man we usually ask the last pug if he wants to invite somebody, if we’re 4 man we usually open it up to guildies then LFG if nobody responds, or finish 4 man. You guys seem to always side with the one getting kicked. All of our instances the person was either rude, didn’t have AR and lied to us, or wouldn’t listen to our strategies and continually made things harder. We’ve all had that ranger or necro in the party where the pets eats the maw’s charges and they either dodge attacks or go down, making it take 10 minutes longer.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

This is a 1 side story and I normally don’t give a freaking kitten about it. You never know the truth by listening to 1 side story. To whomever jumping to side by listening to a 1 side story, my advise to you is please don’t be a juror, if you are an adult. You will kitten up the case and might throw the innocent into jail.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Morbyd.3761

Morbyd.3761

Yeah, it kinda sucks, but I feel like you kinda sign a disclaimer when deciding to Pug. I Pug pretty much every run I ever do because I don’t have any friends that play and my guild is never on when I am. If I get kicked or harassed I just kinda accept it since I knew what I could be getting into. Unfortunately, it’s just life, some people are kittenbags.

[Yay]

Player Character.9467

When you watch somebody die 8 times in 1 boss fight you really gotta take actions to keep people from wasting their time reviving that guy >.>

Posted by: Inevitable.8920

Inevitable.8920

Here’s how it is. If I am going to kick someone from a run. Then I will do it when they are being stupid. Such as mouthing off, playing bad, the instant I see a magic find stacking sigil. But not at the end boss before a chest spawns. If they were in the group until the end boss and the boss has died there is no reason to kick them. But anytime up until that point. I will kick someone. About a couple weeks ago we had to get a pug guardian on our guild fractal 48. We spent upwards of an hour trying to get past agony on maw because our single guardian didn’t know how to use the book correctly. Well one of our members, who is a lot more… tolerant, or practical I guess, wouldn’t let me kick him because he had been in the run from start but I assure you no one else would have had a problem…. relieving him of his guardian duties.

Death and Taxes [DnT] – Inevitable