FOTM level 50 - drops and rewards.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Simple question.

You need 70 AR to be able to do FOTM level 50 – which means you’ll have to invest a significant amount of gold into getting your AR that high.

At the same time you can do level 49 with 50+ AR – which is much less of an investment. My question is simple : To those of you that have managed to do 50 + ( if anyone ) are the drops/rewards worth it?

I’m talking from a purely economical/ min-max point of view. If you want a challenge I don’t imagine level 49 is that much easier – but is it worth it to invest to get to 70 AR? Do you think you’ll get a return on your investment?!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Ehehehhehehee.

Fotm and rewarding in the same sentence.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Fotm is not worth doing at all from a monetary perspective. Jump on the dungeon tour train instead.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

With ascended armor coming out next week, once you complete your set you will be able to easily get an extra 30AR just from simple infusions making the 50 instability negligible. So just be patient

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Nah, according to the stat we see on the ascended armor using the chat codes, there’s no infusion slots on the armor pieces.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Ascended armour wont have infusion slots.

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

And anyway crafting a full set of ascended armor will cost a lot of money.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

I’ve heard ascended weapon codes had no infusion slots either, do you have any other information apart from codes?

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I’m asking if it’s more profitable than level 49- not what the most profitable thing in the game is. I know that already.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

L50 hits into a new ‘tier’, which means that fractal weapon drop rate, fractal ring drop rate, and (presumably) ascended weapon drop rate all increase. How much is anyone’s guess and will come from lots of statistics, but from what I remember way back when we could get up to 80, the 60-tier had somewhere around a 1 in 2 fractal weapon drop rate, and 50 was almost 1 in 3. I have no idea if these numbers, for 50, have changed at all.

Outside of the drop rates on those things, the difference is almost nonexistent elsewhere. The loot/gold reward/etc. are all only marginally increased, if increased at all.

EDIT: Reading some posts from people who have done L50, apparently there isn’t a bonus chest anymore? If that’s true, then it’s definitely not worth doing at this point.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

The tiers have been changed, they are now 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40 and 41-50. So presumably, 50 gives the same daily reward as any 40.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Ah, well, that’s a shame. In that case there’s definitely no real advantage to running 50 over 49.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!