FacePalm - The New Meta

FacePalm - The New Meta

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Marndeis.7815

Marndeis.7815

So this weekend, COF p1 had two moments where I just had to shake my head and wonder, who is actually playing this game.

First trip… had a mes which I am always happy about because it makes the boulder part a lot faster. Get up there and the guy picks up a rock…. before I could type in “are you going to use portal” he runs in a dies. Than he says in chat… Oh…. I didn’t realize you wanted me to use portal…… Ummm what else are Mes’s for in COFp1?

Second Trip. The mes pings chat portal and sets it up great. Me and one other take it while the other 2 run in and die (one stayed dead… never WP’d to help out). They both had COF gear on so I know this isn’t their first trip through…..

Baffles the mind what you get in PUG’s these days…. really ruins my already limited time I have on this game when I’m stuck in the easiest dungeon run forever with only time to think about what the person behind the computer is really doing.

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

So this weekend, COF p1 had two moments where I just had to shake my head and wonder, who is actually playing this game.

First trip… had a mes which I am always happy about because it makes the boulder part a lot faster. Get up there and the guy picks up a rock…. before I could type in “are you going to use portal” he runs in a dies. Than he says in chat… Oh…. I didn’t realize you wanted me to use portal…… Ummm what else are Mes’s for in COFp1?

Second Trip. The mes pings chat portal and sets it up great. Me and one other take it while the other 2 run in and die (one stayed dead… never WP’d to help out). They both had COF gear on so I know this isn’t their first trip through…..

Baffles the mind what you get in PUG’s these days…. really ruins my already limited time I have on this game when I’m stuck in the easiest dungeon run forever with only time to think about what the person behind the computer is really doing.

So like a total of 12 minutes instead of 9? #firstworldgamingproblems

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They could have gotten the armor from pvp before last month.

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Not wp’ing out of the boulder puzzle is a whole new level of lazy…

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Not wp’ing out of the boulder puzzle is a whole new level of lazy…

Old type of lazy. Seen that kitten countless times in the old cof farming days.

FacePalm - The New Meta

dlonie.6547

Glad I run with guildies xD

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: Arbosis.1039

Arbosis.1039

They were noobs. That’s not a bad thing, we all started playing knowing nothing and making mistakes. I don’t see this as a huge issue. I’m not a very good player, but if I can help or teach something to someone I do it because then they’ll be more valuable to the rest of the community.

K.
Game Designer, Chile. | http://arbosis.weebly.com/

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

You need to recognize there are new players, especially since gw2 was on sale awhile ago. In fact, i still haven’t finished all the story mode dungeons or tried any paths yet.

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: Popcornpasta.7605

Popcornpasta.7605

OP, I once had a run similar to yours. I’d posted something like “P1, experienced zerkers only” and got a group of people with 6k+ AP. So I was thinking it would be a nice smooth run for a pug. Long story short, the mes didn’t use portal and suicided into the boulders followed by the other 3 like lemmings. This went on for about 15 minutes and I gave up hope. I feel your pain.

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Like has been said before, AP is never a good benchmark or indicator of skill. Hell, I’m approaching 9.5k and I still don’t have the confidence to take on Arah.

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Like has been said before, AP is never a good benchmark or indicator of skill. Hell, I’m approaching 9.5k and I still don’t have the confidence to take on Arah.

On the other side of the spectrum, I solo’d Lupi at 700 AP… My pug even told me it was impossible…

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Arah is easy as long as you don’t aggro all the trash mobs. However for beginners, Lupicus will probably wipe the floor with you if you don’t have experience with him.

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Arah is easy as long as you don’t aggro all the trash mobs. However for beginners, Lupicus will probably wipe the floor with you if you don’t have experience with him.

Hehe… the image is funny because he’s so big. He could just pick you up and use you like a wash rag.

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

spend seven hours practicing him getting your first solo

then practice it more

and more

and more

and then purposely join bad pugs, watch them eat the floor and solo

OR

get him down to 1% twice and die

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I did Arah once or twice in the dim past. This was before the advent of solo runs, or around about the time that solo runs were being hinted at being possible (when dungeons were sort of interesting and challenging) We got to Lupi and none of us had any idea what to do about him, so read a few guides about his attacks and made do as best as we could. After about the 9th wipe we kinda gave up, haven’t been back since.

Oh and having a charr, that means a LOT of grime sticking to his fur…

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

get him down to 1% twice and die

I did that, but on purpose. So I could practice several times in a row. I was so bad back then I’m still bad, just less than before.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

FacePalm - The New Meta

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I did Arah once or twice in the dim past. This was before the advent of solo runs, or around about the time that solo runs were being hinted at being possible (when dungeons were sort of interesting and challenging) We got to Lupi and none of us had any idea what to do about him, so read a few guides about his attacks and made do as best as we could. After about the 9th wipe we kinda gave up, haven’t been back since.

Oh and having a charr, that means a LOT of grime sticking to his fur…

The old pug method for Lupi (before people figured out how to melee) was to run around and range him and res people when they invariably got downed by his unavoidable fast shots and/or bubbles. It was super slow but it sorta worked.

Now Lupi is pretty much either people trying to solo range him (which doesn’t work because he will pretty much insta-down you if you’re the only target he can hit with his projectile) or trying to melee him without any idea of how to actually do so. Back when I pugged Arah for “fun” I used to get tons of pugs who would go “Oh yeah I saw that video i can do it” then immediately get kicked/swiped and die and go “wtf I don’t get it i stacked like in the vids”.

If anyone ever figures out a valid pug method for Lupi other than “hope everyone knows what to do” or “let them die and then solo” do let me know.

FacePalm - The New Meta

dlonie.6547

The old method still works. Range for p1 with him stuck at his starting point (oh god…pls no), then scatter, range, and res for p2/p3. Slow as can be, but get the job done.

I wouldn’t want to do it everyday, but it’s nostalgic to fight him the old way sometimes ;-)