Farm Control.. ARE U SERIOUS

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Boofsplz.9024

Boofsplz.9024

They have made it soo much harder and longer for people like me who want to get the Mjolnir or Legendary, if someone wants to farm let them farm, its not required that everyone farms, so why would u make it so thakittens stupid hard to farm for the people that want to.. and 1g 50s for finishing a dungeon ARE U KIDDING ME THAT IS REDICULOUS.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Poor Diddums

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I’m sorry but we don’t agree on farming. We do have a gem store with important new items, please have a look!

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

would it make you more mad if I tell you most paths reward less than 1.5g?

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Ethrium.8529

Ethrium.8529

farming isn’t really all that bad imo, Arah alone nets you 10.5g all path excluding the dumb bags we get from the boss.

perhaps you can try this cycle: All Path AC ( 4.5g) – TA up & FF (2g) CoF 1&2 (2g) SE 1&3 (2g) HotW all (3g) and Arah All (10.5g)
every vets & champs drops better loot bags (although i can say thakittens not that great)
that gets you 24g a day (+ loots and a chance at a rare weapon skin drop? lol if you cant tell by now that i hate the loot bags) then end your day at higher level zones and cycle through the champs and vets that drops those dam bags and call it a day.(by then your night is over but thats what farming is all about right?)

Boofsplz.9024

yeh i know mst runs are 1g-1.25g, and yeh they would rather have us spend money (real money) to buy there gem store stuff, than to let us farm for a high end weapon that we want . its rediculous, by LETTING us farm isnt telling people they HAVE to farm. if you want to pvp or wvwvw than do that u can still get armor and weapons by being just a wvwvw person

Boofsplz.9024

i guess ill just sell all my tier 6 mats and hope i get 900g right, instead of being given the choice to farm what ever path i want as many times as i want.

Posted by: Ethrium.8529

Ethrium.8529

i’d hold off on selling your mats, the new crafting system will bring all craft to 500 that allows you to craft ascended stuff saved you some mats there

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

The tokens got hit even worse. I don’t mind the gold so much since their are other ways of getting it, but making dungeon paths give only 20 tokens now, and 40 more from a once-a-day-per-path bonus chest does not encourage me to run dungeons.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

farming isn’t really all that bad imo, Arah alone nets you 10.5g all path excluding the dumb bags we get from the boss.

perhaps you can try this cycle: All Path AC ( 4.5g) – TA up & FF (2g) CoF 1&2 (2g) SE 1&3 (2g) HotW all (3g) and Arah All (10.5g)
every vets & champs drops better loot bags (although i can say thakittens not that great)
that gets you 24g a day (+ loots and a chance at a rare weapon skin drop? lol if you cant tell by now that i hate the loot bags) then end your day at higher level zones and cycle through the champs and vets that drops those dam bags and call it a day.(by then your night is over but thats what farming is all about right?)

if u get a nice skin drop though early on, you could have sold for a nice profit before the prices “tank” and stabilize. adds quite a hefty bit to your gold made. unless if you hate them for another reason lol

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

The tokens got hit even worse. I don’t mind the gold so much since their are other ways of getting it, but making dungeon paths give only 20 tokens now, and 40 more from a once-a-day-per-path bonus chest does not encourage me to run dungeons.

They’ve been giving 20 tokens plus the 40 token bonus for some time now. Subsequent clears of the same path will only reward the standard 20 tokens. Before bosses would only drop by tokens each so it took a while to actually get the gear.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

It’s referring on alts not getting 60 tokens anymore.

Before patch you could do a path → 60 token → let 1 or 2 hrs pass → redo same path on different char → 60 tokens again.

That just got deleted from game w/o even half a mention in notes.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Well OP could just think of it this way:

…Less gold given out to you… is also less gold given out to everyone else competing against you for that same exact Precursor and all the other mats that have to be crammed onto it to make it legendary…

Whether the OP recognized it or not, he was in a race with everyone else using the same vehicle as him, and the race track was only getting longer and longer…

What we had there was called an Open Economy instead of a closed-loop one.
It’s still not actually closed yet, but it’s not nearly as open as it was… thus the price of the components you WANT for that legendary, will not continue to just go up and up and up every month while your Gold Farm gives you only a fixed amount of income. Now BOTH values are a bit more permanently fixed in place. (and will probably drop by 300% once the Scavenger Hunt is finally added to the game)

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Just a heads up. Currently inside the pavilion in divinitys reach groups are farming the bosses. I played for 2 hours and netted 20g. While waiting for bosses to pop I grouped ppl for farming destroyers which netted me 6 lodestones. Not to mention all the achievement points you gather while playing…..This content might be temporary but with all the T6 crafting material dropping like candy Im gonna gather as much as possible.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

When you get gold from events, chests, mobs, or dungeons, you are creating money out of thin air. This new money reduces the value of all the money in the system (inflation).

Inflation affects those on the low end of the volume spectrum much more severely since they already had a small amount of money but now that small amount of money can’t buy as much as it used to.

It is for that reason that we attempt to control inflation.

That is why farming for gold is constantly being adjusted, because the developers have determined that you are creating too much too quickly and that is negatively impacting the low volume players.

Server: Devona’s Rest

zerotwo.4731

Yet charged lodestones were just under 3g before this was released and now they are closer to 2.4g. I need these to craft Sunrise. 100 to be exact. Not only are the stones falling in price so are T6 crafting materials. I think your wrong when you talk about inflation. Personally I think Anet wants the prices cheap for T6 materials since they want to move crafting up to 500. I welcome the overpopulation of crafting materials. They are essential for trade and keeping costs low for those of us who are still pursuing legendaries.

mtpelion.4562

Inflation affects the entire economy, not just select individual markets. Prices in individual markets fluctuate all the time based on supply and demand.

Generating more lodestones does not create any new gold (unless you decided to vendor them) and thus does not cause inflation. It does impact supply though which can cause the price to go down.

All of the T6 materials are tanking in price because the supply has soared due to the new Champion loot mechanics (and the Gauntlet). Farming resources allows you to trade them for gold, but it does not create gold (again, unless you vendor them).

Posted by: Midnattsol.4503

Midnattsol.4503

Anet is quite against us farming, yet what exactly are we doing to get our Legendaries? Farming, and It’s a long, agonizing farm. What kitten es me off the most is how lucky people can get with the mount of Exotics that drop, and that are worth more then simply 1 gold.

Oh look, that guy tried out the Forge a total of three times, and guess what? DUSK! …You try out the Forge a total of 100 times and guess what! NO DUSK!

Same with the Black Lion Chests. Oh look, that guy got a ticket on his 2nd chest! …You try it and 20 keys later, NO TICKET!

Hell, some people try 60 times and no ticket, or even 100, or even 250 times and still no kitten ticket. Oh, but then someone else you know got it on his 5th chest.

If the money that goes towards Gems actually made it’s way to Anet? I’d buy Gems to support, and even buy a few keys and skins and that kitten Flute that I want so badly. The fact that it goes all to NCSoft has me NOT wanting to buy Gems more then the stupid gamble on Black Lion Chests.

And yes, farming is a CHOICE that should be left up to us, and I’m not talking about stupid CoF p1 farming like a bunch of idiots, leaving the other dungeons barren wastelands. If we choose to farm certain areas that are noted for dropping the mats we need? Let us do so. You wanna put DR on it? Fine, but don’t punish us for farming.

zerotwo.4731

Inflation affects the entire economy, not just select individual markets. Prices in individual markets fluctuate all the time based on supply and demand.

Generating more lodestones does not create any new gold (unless you decided to vendor them) and thus does not cause inflation. It does impact supply though which can cause the price to go down.

All of the T6 materials are tanking in price because the supply has soared due to the new Champion loot mechanics (and the Gauntlet). Farming resources allows you to trade them for gold, but it does not create gold (again, unless you vendor them).

So what has inflated in price that players who don’t have the money can no longer purchase anything? All I see is items dropping in price. As players scramble to build the legendaries to sell, they too will be cheaper since the costs to make them would have been cheaper then the past 5 months. Costs will drop considerably once players farm multiple dungeons instead of just Cof 1. All those extra drops that get sold to the TP from areas barely farmed. I don’t see the problem with balancing that out by adding the additional reward of gold at the end.

mtpelion.4562

So what has inflated in price that players who don’t have the money can no longer purchase anything? All I see is items dropping in price. As players scramble to build the legendaries to sell, they too will be cheaper since the costs to make them would have been cheaper then the past 5 months. Costs will drop considerably once players farm multiple dungeons instead of just Cof 1. All those extra drops that get sold to the TP from areas barely farmed. I don’t see the problem with balancing that out by adding the additional reward of gold at the end.

The whole point of nerfing the gold farming is to prevent inflation in the first place. The fact that the average player has not been completely priced out of the market suggests that the gold farming nerfs are working.

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

I made 30g pure gold from dungeons today. I get a lot more gold than before. This update is causing an inflation and not preventing it.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Or you could farm Cursed Shore champs and make more in 5 minutes than a whole day of dungeoneering.
DERZ YA F4RM!1!

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I made 30g pure gold from dungeons today. I get a lot more gold than before. This update is causing an inflation and not preventing it.

Yes, and you made it by doing a lot of different dungeon paths, probably taking you a little while to do. Most PUGs can’t do that many dungeon paths in so little time to make 30g, whereas they used to be able to just farm CoF p1 for 3 hours and make that amount of money.

The update has made it possible for the good players to make more money than the average player, as it’s supposed to be. Those who can clear a lot of dungeon paths in little time make a decent amount of cash. PUGs that take 30-40mins / dungeon path are making some money, but a lot less. So a handful of good players are making decent bank, and the gross of the population is making “meh” bank, meaning that inflation has been sort of countered, because it used to be “everyone is making buckets of cash, regardless of experience or skill”.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

zerotwo.4731

Yes, and you made it by doing a lot of different dungeon paths, probably taking you a little while to do. Most PUGs can’t do that many dungeon paths in so little time to make 30g, whereas they used to be able to just farm CoF p1 for 3 hours and make that amount of money.

The update has made it possible for the good players to make more money than the average player, as it’s supposed to be. Those who can clear a lot of dungeon paths in little time make a decent amount of cash. PUGs that take 30-40mins / dungeon path are making some money, but a lot less. So a handful of good players are making decent bank, and the gross of the population is making “meh” bank, meaning that inflation has been sort of countered, because it used to be “everyone is making buckets of cash, regardless of experience or skill”.

Those players that group together to complete dungeons quicker probably spend a lot of time playing this game and should be rewarded for the time they have dedicated to it. I don’t see why players who have little time to play this game deserve more rewards. If your looking to bank lots of gold then put the time in like everyone else. Eventually you will find the right group of players and you will be the one running 30+ gold in a short period of time. Personally I don’t think its ever been “everyones making buckets of cash”. It takes time and research. Sometimes just watching a few dungeon videos posted by other players will speed up your own completion time. It all depends on how much time your willing to play this game.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Those players that group together to complete dungeons quicker probably spend a lot of time playing this game and should be rewarded for the time they have dedicated to it. I don’t see why players who have little time to play this game deserve more rewards. If your looking to bank lots of gold then put the time in like everyone else. Eventually you will find the right group of players and you will be the one running 30+ gold in a short period of time. Personally I don’t think its ever been “everyones making buckets of cash”. It takes time and research. Sometimes just watching a few dungeon videos posted by other players will speed up your own completion time. It all depends on how much time your willing to play this game.

Son, you’re preaching to the choir here… I am one of those people that speedclears dungeons…

The thing I said about “everyone’s making buckets of cash” was referring to pre-nerf CoF p1, where anyone, regardless of skill or experience was able to rake in preposterous amounts of gold, whereas now, in order to make that much gold, you need to be one of the experienced players. You can still make decent gold when you run dungeons, but if you take 30-40mins / path (the time we usually need for a complete dungeon), you’re going to make a lot less money than us.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

zerotwo.4731

Just park your butt in the pavilion.

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

I just want token rewards back. This is going to make gearing up all of my characters 10x more difficult. The money made is only a bonus. Fix the DR on the tokens.