I have yet to get flood control.

#Anti-Infraction-Shield available now at your local retailer

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Fashion Contest [Completed]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I suppose these would be my main three. Although the Guardian is the main. Not my best work, but lets face it I am better at games them I am at Photo shopping stuff

Attachments:

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

This is a genius idea….

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I just discovered this thread at the 11th hour! I could really use a couple more “dream” pieces of armor! Here are my submissions:

• Heavy Armor Charr Warrior in Honor of the Waves
  • Medium Armor Sylvari Ranger in Twilight Arbor
  • Light Armor Human Elementalist in Ascalon Catacombs

Mine aren’t the fanciest, rarest, or most expensive fashions. Instead, I’m making creative use of mix ‘n’ match armor pieces to create “setting appropriate” looks.

Here are the combos for anybody who wants to know what the individual pieces are (from head to toes):

Charr Warrior: Clawfford leaps into battle with his Devil Horns, Gladiator Pauldrons, Primeval Warplate, Fire God’s Heavy Vambraces, Heritage Legplates, and Heritage Warboots.

Sylvari Ranger: Breanna Banana sports a “Legend of Zelda”-like look for her first foray into Twilight Arbor. She has on a Vigil’s Honor Headguard, Studded Shoulders, Viper’s Jerkin, Heritage Armguards, Inquest Leggings, and Outlaw Boots. Nana is wearing a simple bearskin.

Human Elementalist: Bubbles Powderpuff took a wrong turn while chasing her stray kittycat into the Ascalon Catacombs. She is wearing a Diviner Helm (concealed), Devout Mantle, Country Coat, Primitive Handwraps, Country Pants, and Vigil’s Honor Footwear (offscreen – but they really make the outfit!)

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Y’all are making it super freaking hard for me.

Sigh.

Bring on the fashion.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Hamfast.8719

Hooray! I’m excited to see everyone’s screens. And although I will not be biased…. I hope to see some Asura fashion!

This one is not for the contest (since it’s not in a Dungeon), but I posted it on another thread and thought it was fun. Since you asked, I thought you’d like it anyway.

My character Hamfast Hornswoggle is a youngster who loves superheroes. In picture number one, he poses as “Hadron Hornswoggle”; average, ordinary, everyday gazillionaire banker and his ward “Rockford”. In picture number two, we see him in his alternate identity, the Incredible “Supercollider” and his trusty sidekick “Particle Boy”.

I hope it gives you a great big smile!

(He definitely supports the initiative for Guild capes!)

Attachments:

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Hooray! I’m excited to see everyone’s screens. And although I will not be biased…. I hope to see some Asura fashion!

This one is not for the contest (since it’s not in a Dungeon), but I posted it on another thread and thought it was fun. Since you asked, I thought you’d like it anyway.

My character Hamfast Hornswoggle is a youngster who loves superheroes. In picture number one, he poses as “Hadron Hornswoggle”; average, ordinary, everyday gazillionaire banker and his ward “Rockford”. In picture number two, we see him in his alternate identity, the Incredible “Supercollider” and his trusty sidekick “Particle Boy”.

I hope it gives you a great big smile!

(He definitely supports the initiative for Guild capes!)

A++ for particle physics references

Hamfast.8719

Man. Who would have thought that the dungeon forum regulars would be outnumbered by outsiders? Thanks all you new folks! They needed some competition. Some of your posts are spectacular.

I don’t do Dungeons much (tiny Guild, and I’m not generally comfortable in PUGs), but some of my most desired skins come from there. With the Wardrobe, I was finally able to use a few pieces that I had earned through the PvP Achievement Chests that used to come inside of the “normal” Achievement Chests. Unfortunately, those have now been removed from the Achievement Chests, and I am once again at a loss as to how I will get any of the pieces I really crave.

So I have my fingers crossed and am trying to submit some attractive scenes for ya. (You’ll notice my pics are from the entrance of the various Dungeons. I only had to solo a couple of spiders at Twilight Arbor. But regardless, the start is also the safest place to take screenshots and not get bushwhacked in the process )

Posted by: Alora.6841

Alora.6841

Oh well, I might aswell enter. Tried to mix the races a bit. ( also asura fashion^^)

The first picture shows my self proclaimed Reaper Souvrii in Ascalon Catacombs(Can’t wait for that title^^). I usually use Tormented Scepter and Bloodseeker, but that picture looked crappy. Shes wearing Heritage Armor, Karka Backpiece and starter eyes.

Second my hazardous mushroom Velothi in Twilight Arbor Aetherpath. I have tried to run this path with another class, but the team always fails till I switch to her. Armor is just Tier 2 plus the rose backpiece.

And for the last one Elora Shadowleaf my first character in Fractals of the Mist. I finally perfected her look, but I may want to get the Phoenix Longbow. Mostly its T2, but I needed shoulderparts to cover more, than the ones from the set. Also I have used other gloves, that I found in the wardrobe.

Attachments:

I am Commander Shepard and Evons Company is my favorite store in Lion’s Arch.

(edited by Alora.6841)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yep. I approve of any and all physics references with darling Asura.

Meet my Squaark. She had a nasty accident testing trans_dimensional travel and now her body is an intergalactic portal. She saved her head though and contained it properly. She’s okay. She itches sometimes in places she can’t scratch but all in all she’s happy.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Hamfast.8719

EXTRA CREDIT! (I didn’t see anything against that…)

Here is little Miss Alyssa (named for my real-life Niece) in her finest Mesmer colors, presenting her best friend “Dolly” to the fine Lords and Ladies at Caudecus’s Manor.

She is wearing (from head to toes) Priory’s Historical Cowl (concealed), Apostle Epaulets (thank you, PvP Achievement Chest! It works perfect with the blouse!), Phoenix Vest, Stately Gloves, Adept Leggings, and Exalted Boots. Dolly is wearing a Princess Outfit.

Attachments:

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

OOOOPS, posted in the wrong thread lol.

Here’s my vampire themed Mesmer and my fiend-themed (?) Guardian.

Attachments:

Xae Isareth.1364

I’m loving what I’m seeing!

Just a reminder that 3 screens/characters/dungeons are absolutely mandatory for entrance into judging. Certain exceptions (like the Coe photoshop) ARE acceptable but there will be points off in my judging for it not having 3 dungeons. But there absolutely must be 3 fashionable characters of the different weights

Just curious though, do you need to have characters in all 3 armor weights? Or cna you just enter with 1 character?

Also, does FotM hub count as a dungeon?

Lilith Ajit.6173

Just a reminder that 3 screens/characters/dungeons are absolutely mandatory for entrance into judging. Certain exceptions (like the Coe photoshop) ARE acceptable but there will be points off in my judging for it not having 3 dungeons. But there absolutely must be 3 fashionable characters of the different weights

Just curious though, do you need to have characters in all 3 armor weights? Or cna you just enter with 1 character?

Yes you need 3 charss and yes.

[ARES]

Xae Isareth.1364

Yes and yes.

Is that a yes to you can enter with only 1 character or a yes to you have to have all 3 weights?

I don’t have a medium-armor character you see

EDIT: Oh dang.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yes and yes.

Is that a yes to you can enter with only 1 character or a yes to you have to have all 3 weights?

I don’t have a medium-armor character you see

EDIT: Oh dang.

Make one!

[ARES]

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

And I don’t have a light-armor one :/

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Lilith Ajit.6173

And I don’t have a light-armor one :/

….Make one

[ARES]

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I don’t have a male norn.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Lilith Ajit.6173

I don’t have a male norn.

Make 5.

[ARES]

Posted by: Suns Dusk.7201

Suns Dusk.7201

My guardian, thief and mesmer.

edit: Guardian and thief in SE, mesmer in CM. The 2 last ones at the start of story mode because they are afraid of dungeons …

Attachments:

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

My guardian, thief and mesmer.

edit: Guardian and thief in SE, mesmer in CM. The 2 last ones at the start of story mode because they are afraid of dungeons …

Wow it’s like your guardian’s hair glows

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

Here are my entries:

My pirate themed mesmer in Arah, my thief surveying the terrain in Fractals, and my guardian lighting up the night in AC.

Attachments:

Posted by: Scrribble.7496

Scrribble.7496

My last minute entry! :3

My human guardian in HotW:
http://i.imgur.com/DwmGhy7.png

My Norn ranger in AC:
http://i.imgur.com/U8jsWwJ.png

And my human ele in the FotM lobby:
http://i.imgur.com/KGW5LhA.png

| Mizarhi | Mesmer | [BA] | CD |
| My GW2 Project 365 Gallery |

Posted by: Alennia.1904

Alennia.1904

So people were talking about charr andthey are my favorite race in this whole game! (Also totally the first reason why I preordered GW2 was because I found out you could be a charr and they were one of my favorite enemies in GW1) So just for funsies, here are 3 of my charr for light med and heavy ^^

Katia Firesong- my beta warrior and elementalist in her tank set and zerk set^^
“Rawrr Iama Charr”- my silly named engie and PvP bunker
Saxton Steakslayer- my warrior that was created to CoF farm back in the day XD

Attachments:

(edited by Alennia.1904)

Posted by: Kenji.6031

Kenji.6031

“Permit me to introduce myself ma cherie, I am your new lover.”

Pepe Le Poof.

Attachments:

(edited by Kenji.6031)

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Not for submissions, but considering this is the last day of the contest i’d figure i should throw in my elementalist too.

Attachments:

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

Lilith Ajit.6173

Winners Announced

This contest was unbelievably tough to judge. There were amazing screens all around, and everyone seems to understand fashion pretty freaking well.
So what it ended up coming down to was screen quality and my personal biases given dyes, background, all of that jazz.

I must first congratulate the TRUE Lilith’s choice. The first screen is below. This, however, was not entered as an entry. So therefore it could not win. I post it because I just love it. I would love to see more amazing fashion/dye/background combos like this. Plus Howler. Win.

Lilith’s Choice:

Mr Finesse’s Norn Guardian. This screen is phenomenal, so phenomenal that I forgive the use of staff. Message me or post here and let me know which armor set you wish to own.

Medium Category:

Alvarez Azel’s Lisa Novella. Wonderful Asura. Message me or post here and let me know which armor set you wish to own.

Light Category:

XSquared. It was a toughy. All of you appear really bad at light armor fashion, you basically just handed it to him. Ah well. Message me or post here and let me know which armor set you wish to own. Disclaimer This isn’t true, many of you made lovely light armored characters, but xsquared’s Mesmer is a wonderful example of making it look good.

”Cat”egory:

DeSade’s kitty thief. I love her. I want to snuggle her. She is in a world of her own and I love it. Message me or post here and let me know which armor set you wish to own.

Honorable Mentions:

Iris’s Elementalist: I love her. And what you did in the screen. She’s awesome, but I guess I would have liked to see all of her armor, it was just a little blurry and tough to see.

Laar’s Guardian: Holy crap. You did some amazing things with that Charr. Props to you!

Kirin’s warrior was winning until I saw Finesse’s Guardian. I love her look, she’s exceptionally badkitty.

Thank you all for participating. Next week we will see another contest. I love you all!

Attachments:

[ARES]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Congratulate to all the winners!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Grats everyone, good to see such a turnout!
Again, thank you Lilith for running these!

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Congrats!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: sheep.2437

sheep.2437

Congratulations everyone

Time to return to lurking and closet Lilithism.

Posted by: Afro Dude.8423

Afro Dude.8423

Grats to all of the winners! Here’s to the next awesome contest.

Posted by: Alvarez Azel.4083

Alvarez Azel.4083

Wow I actually won something O_o

Thanks Lilith!
Also some great entries to be seen.

For my gift id like the “incarnate light armour” skin please, my mesmer and ele would make great use of this

Again thanks! what a great thing to hear after a rather depressing day.

Posted by: Mithyl.8620

Mithyl.8620

All of you appear really bad at light armor fashion, you basically just handed it to him. Ah well. Message me or post here and let me know which armor set you wish to own. Disclaimer This isn’t true, many of you made lovely light armored characters, but xsquared’s Mesmer is a wonderful example of making it look good.

Ouch. Joking or not, that’s a bit harsh…

Congrats winners!

Lilith Ajit.6173

All of you appear really bad at light armor fashion, you basically just handed it to him. Ah well. Message me or post here and let me know which armor set you wish to own. Disclaimer This isn’t true, many of you made lovely light armored characters, but xsquared’s Mesmer is a wonderful example of making it look good.

Congrats winners!

I can be harsh when im joking.

[ARES]

Posted by: Mithyl.8620

Mithyl.8620

Congrats winners!

And when you’re not? :p

Lilith Ajit.6173

Congrats winners!

And when you’re not? :p

Mmm. Well. You’ll know.

[ARES]

Hamfast.8719

Congrats, all! Strong competition! I guess I’ll have to live without my dream armor pieces for awhile longer. I knew I was doomed the moment I saw on another thread that you despise the term “mix ‘n’ match”, Lilith. I seriously considered editing that out of my entry. I’ll know better next time. (I hope there is a next time! I love making creative screen caps!)

If you’re still doing it, I noticed that you are part of something called “Dungeon Mentors”. I may have to avail myself of your services someday, as Dungeons are the only way I’ll get a few of the pieces I crave for the Mix ‘n’… uh, Mexican look I’m shooting for next. (Whew! Saved that one!)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Congrats, all! Strong competition! I guess I’ll have to live without my dream armor pieces for awhile longer. I knew I was doomed the moment I saw on another thread that you despise the term “mix ‘n’ match”, Lilith. I seriously considered editing that out of my entry. I’ll know better next time. (I hope there is a next time! I love making creative screen caps!)

If you’re still doing it, I noticed that you are part of something called “Dungeon Mentors”. I may have to avail myself of your services someday, as Dungeons are the only way I’ll get a few of the pieces I crave for the Mix ‘n’… uh, Mexican look I’m shooting for next. (Whew! Saved that one!)

Hahaha mix and match didn’t hurt your chances. I’m a big fan of your RP and story work. These screens just blew me away. Hope to see you in noob and in the next contest!

[ARES]

Hamfast.8719

Maybe I’ll be able to get some pics from the end of a Dungeon by the next one!

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I know I am repeating myself but:

Congratulations to the winners.
And again a round of applause for Lilith for hosting these.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Aliatis.7836

Aliatis.7836

Winners Announced

I must first congratulate the TRUE Lilith’s choice. The first screen is below. This, however, was not entered as an entry. So therefore it could not win. I post it because I just love it. I would love to see more amazing fashion/dye/background combos like this. Plus Howler. Win.

Eternal blame on me for not having chose, for the Twilight Arbor entry, my favourite and picturesque dungeon glimpse along with my lovely main character >.<
Anyway thank you very much for your sincere appreciation! And thank you for giving us these opportunities!
I’ll try to give my best next time!

Desolation – still [GoD] in the spirit

Lilith Ajit.6173

Congratulations to all the winners! 2 winners requested the incarnate armor, and one the Magitech. Interesting choices!

Look out for the next contest. Will be posted this week sometime.

[ARES]

Posted by: Scrribble.7496

Scrribble.7496

Congrats to the winners! :D

| Mizarhi | Mesmer | [BA] | CD |
| My GW2 Project 365 Gallery |