Fastest explorable dungeon paths?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

With the new upcoming changes announced where you will no longer get gold drop from bosses in dungeons, arena net want players to do different dungeons each day rather than the same one so this question arises..

“What are the fastest paths on each explorable dungeon?”

Most people know CoF P1 can be done between 8-14 minutes depending on the party, what about other dungeons?

I’ve done most explorable dungeon paths, but not all, and the ones I have done are usually just done once for the achievement, so I have no basis for gauging how long they can/should take with an efficient party.

There was an old post about this many months back, but with all the changes to the game since this post, this information is probably out of date.

So if you know which dungeon paths (explorable) are the fastest, please say here and give the estimated time to completion in minutes.

thanks

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Involving what level of glitches? None, minor ones (climbing up a wall to skip 1 minute of running), decent (skipping events/climbing wherever possible to reach bosses faster) or even major ones (unintended skipping of dungeon parts or even just going to endboss to get reward as fast as possible, which is mostly fixed though)?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: halfsquelch.3465

halfsquelch.3465

My current fastest exp path was cof p2, finished it in 5min 13sec but I know it can be done faster.

Sea of Sorrows – FIST

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

AC – p3,closely followed by p1. Most people avoid p2
CM -p2 can be fast depending on how willing you are to exploit, but I see most people running p1.
TA – up, closely followed by F/f. Unless you are in a highly organized group don’t bother with f/u
SE – p1, or p3 depending on how well you are able to run past dredge. p2 is a chore.
CoF – p1, p2 again depending on exploits. p3 is much longer.
COE – pretty much the same for all three, from what I can tell. This is the dungeon I tend to run if I’m bored with CoF.
HOTW – again, pretty much the same, though I run p1 mostly because the other 2 have underwater final bosses.
Arah – p3, p1 and 2 seem to be pretty similar. p4 is much longer than the other paths.

This is my experience from pugging, and from what I see most often on gw2lfg.
If you play with an organized group it may be different. Actual time of completion will depend mostly on the specific group, so I think it’s only useful to consider relative length.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

(edited by rfdarko.4639)

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

thanks this is helpful info, but how long does each one take? if we are to pick some dungeons to do daily after the new changes, which ones should it be ?

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

rfdarko.4639

As I said it depends almost totally on your group and how you perform. I could give you a range – somewhere between 20 mins to a few hours, but honestly its all about how many mistakes were made, how much dps you bring, etc. more than the dungeon itself. In a highly optimized group, only a few dungeons will take more that half an hour. In a pug, an hour to an hour and a half seems pretty average for the easier dungeons.

If your looking for a recommendation of a few easy dungeons besides CoF p1…HotW p1, TA up and CoE are all fairly easy. CoE gets run a lot because you can get knights and zerker gear from it, where as the stat combos from HotW and TA armor are fairly poor for PvE. Arah P3 can be very quick for an experienced group, and long for a group that’s not.

(edited by rfdarko.4639)

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

You can only get Knight’s gear from SE and Arah, not CoE.

Retired. Too many casuals.

rfdarko.4639

Ah, your right. Not sure how that got stuck in my head. You can get zerkers, rampagers and travelers from CoE.

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

If you’re wanting the absolute fastest/easiest paths for each dungeon, they are: AC P3, CM P3, TA Up, SE P1, CoF P1, HotW P1, CoE P1, Arah P3.

The absolute longest/slowest dungeons you would avoid (assuming typical skips, not assuming exploits) are CM P2, TA F/U, CoF P3, Arah P4. In your average PuG, the first three typically take longer than 30 minutes, and Arah P4 can take over 90 minutes. Obviously co-ordinated guild runs/DPS parties will do them faster.

Paths that have not been mentioned are OK to do, but you probably won’t end up farming them as frequently as those paths mentioned above.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Wait, AC Path 1 with zero glitches takes 5-6 minutes.
AC Path 3 takes 10-12 minutes.
Something must be wrong here.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.