Favorite/Least Favorite Dungeons?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

What is your favorite dungeon and least favorite dungeon? Try not to list several off for each, just name one for favorite and one for least favorite.

I’m curious how many people are going to answer with “Aetherpath” for their least favorites and favorites. It would make sense to me if you wanted to separate it from TA since it kind of is a dungeon of its own.

Also, you can include TAFU in your reasoning if you wish to, despite it having been removed.

For each, feel free to break it down into simple reasons as to why but you don’t have to. Here’s mine:

Favorite: Arah

1. super-awesome and fun jumping puzzles to go exploring

2. very cool scenery

3. plenty of the bosses are very fun to go for personal best times when soloing… as some of you know my favorite two in particular would be Korga and Lupicus

4. the trash skips are in my opinion one of the best parts of the dungeon which truly makes it unique from most other dungeons and it’s a fantastic way to test a person’s skill with a class as well. I also typically would expect a dungeon to have people ‘running for their lives’ from threatening enemies. It seems fitting to me.

5. gold reward at the end makes it actually worth my time and effort

6. great, replayable content… there’s a low chance of me wanting to repeat paths more than once in a day but I’m generally always up for Arah dailies even after a year of playing

Least Favorite: Caudecus Manor

1. dull atmosphere, would probably be cooler and set the mood for a dungeon more so if it were night.

2. everything just seems so darn compact when inside the manor. I frequently bump into walls while moving (at least with swiftness), and it’s really lame how the mobs can be attacked from behind walls.

3. I also can’t use my warhorn #5 on warrior to blast in fire fields/smokescreens unless I want to never be able to get ooc again (at least inside of the manor).

4. ferocity made it and the other lower dungeons too easy imo.

5. for some odd reason, the majority of people that pug this dungeon are even dumber than they are in the other dungeons. I can’t come up with any reasons for this that satisfy me.

6. gold reward is sufficient for the level of difficulty of it, but considering how I don’t find it fun I don’t think even doubling it would justify it for me.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Same. Fav: Arah Least fav: CM

Posted by: NACotser.4125

NACotser.4125

What is your favorite dungeon and least favorite dungeon? Try not to list several off for each, just name one for favorite and one for least favorite.

I’m curious how many people are going to answer with “Aetherpath” for their least favorites and favorites. It would make sense to me if you wanted to separate it from TA since it kind of is a dungeon of its own.

Also, you can include TAFU in your reasoning if you wish to, despite it having been removed.

For each, feel free to break it down into simple reasons as to why but you don’t have to. Here’s mine:

2. very cool scenery

3. plenty of the bosses are very fun to go for personal best times when soloing… my favorite in particular would be Lupicus

4. the trash skips are in my opinion one of the best parts of the dungeon which truly makes it unique from most other dungeons and it’s a fantastic way to test a person’s skill with a class as well. I also typically would expect a dungeon to have people ‘running for their lives’ from threatening enemies. It seems fitting to me.

6. great, replayable content… there’s a low chance of me wanting to repeat paths more than once in a day but I’m generally always up for Arah dailies even after a year of playing

1. dull atmosphere, would probably be cooler and set the mood for a dungeon more so if it were night.

2. everything just seems so darn compact when inside the manor. I frequently bump into walls while moving (at least with swiftness), and it’s really lame how the mobs can be attacked from behind walls.

3. I also can’t use my warhorn #5 on warrior to blast in fire fields/smokescreens unless I want to never be able to get ooc again (at least inside of the manor).

5. for some odd reason, the majority of people that pug this dungeon are even dumber than they are in the other dungeons. I can’t come up with any reasons for this that satisfy me.

6. gold reward is sufficient for the level of difficulty of it, but considering how I don’t find it fun I don’t think even doubling it would justify it for me.

A few chops and changes and…. done.

2Hairy = 2Scary
B)

Purple Miku.7032

Same. Fav: Arah Least fav: CM

Same reasons or did I forget to mention anything? :p

EDIT: Hah, nice. So all 3 of us nearly agree with all of it. What are some of the chops and changes you’d make? I know a lot of people hate the trash mobs in CM because of the elite riflemen.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Fav: CM and TA.

Least fav: Arah.

I feel like a black sheep here. ._.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

2. very cool scenery

3. plenty of the bosses are very fun to go for personal best times when soloing… as some of you know my favorite two in particular would be Korga and Lupicus

Can you read my mind? Though I have to admit that I at least like the trash in CM. Most trash groups have a nice mix. //Oh and blasting the kitten out of Wahlen with the air blast cannon is hella fun.

To Arah I’d like to add that it feels more like a map than just corridors, which is something that makes it so much better than the other dungeons.

And since you talked about Aetherpath: It’s an okay path. The bosses are better than most others, but in the end they’re not really special either, neither in terms of mechanics nor difficulty. I like the ideas behind Mai Trin and the Thaumanova Instability more for example. Clockhearts’ shielding is a nice idea, but that’s it. Unskippable dialogue/cutscenes and the Ooze Font drag it down a lot, plus it’s just corridors – not that were able to do much in that regard. It’s fun to do it every now and then, but especially Aetherblade-Trash always felt… meh for me. Just because it’s trash it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be threatening. Not saying they aren’t, but they certainly feel easier than trash in other dungeons.

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Fav: Hotw / TA Least Fav: CM

Grimkram [sS]

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

CM is so nice.

It’s the dungeon we really got to figure out how to do everything and have never needed to watch a video to see if there was a better way to do it.
It’s not too long, the health pools aren’t too big and the mechanics aren’t completely dumb (although Turmaine’s immunity while in Plague Mode is borderline).

And on the complete opposite there’s HotW.

The health bars are so enormous, and the underwater fights are so terrible on my engi and I find underwater guardian to be so boring.
We run it from time to time to remind ourselves how we should be grateful for every other path.

Purple Miku.7032

@NovaanVerdiano.6174

Totally agree. Especially “To Arah I’d like to add that it feels more like a map than just corridors, which is something that makes it so much better than the other dungeons.”

Btw, not sure about the aetherblade trash in aetherpath since I have never tried to solo it before, but after having solod the aetherblade retreat fractal on level 50… I will not take those mobs for granted.

You know you’re getting desperate when you have to kite mobs around objects with GS/longbow and stunbreakers. Lmao.

@RedStar.4218

I thought engineers had the highest DPS underwater? A friend of mine in rT told me that a few weeks ago I think… with grenades. They could’ve meant that they used to be and got nerfed at some point… I don’t really know. All I’m certain of is that warrior is a freakin’ monster in the water and if I ever go in WvW, the way to make sure that I kill the other person is to jump off the bridge into the water and hope they follow me. An ele, however, is absolutely useless in the water.

P.S. I was close to listing HotW as my least favorite as well, but also because I can’t stand the slanted map. It gives me a headache.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

@NovaanVerdiano.6174

Totally agree. Especially “To Arah I’d like to add that it feels more like a map than just corridors, which is something that makes it so much better than the other dungeons.”

Btw, not sure about the aetherblade trash in aetherpath since I have never tried to solo it before, but after having solod the aetherblade retreat fractal on level 50… I will not take those mobs for granted.

You know you’re getting desperate when you have to kite mobs around objects with GS/longbow and stunbreakers. Lmao.

I was talking about when going through there with a group. In solos they can really hurt, but I still think Arah trash or even CM trash (if they wouldn’t die so fast) is worse. Oh and Dredge of course. kitten Dredge.

RedStar.4218

@RedStar.4218
I thought engineers had the highest DPS underwater? A friend of mine in rT told me that a few weeks ago I think… with grenades. They could’ve meant that they used to be and got nerfed at some point… I don’t really know. All I’m certain of is that warrior is a freakin’ monster in the water and if I ever go in WvW, the way to make sure that I kill the other person is to jump off the bridge into the water and hope they follow me. An ele, however, is absolutely useless in the water.

Engis can have amazing DPS underwater. If the grenades manage to hit the boss. For some reason, mine wouldn’t last time we did it. Well only 1 out of 3 grenades manage to get to the boss.
It got to the point where I did more DPS when I was downed >.>

We tried to make the boss sink so even grenades that missed him would at least explode close to him, but we hard a time achieving that.

Purple Miku.7032

Ah… I see.

Well, about not being able to hit stuff… for some reason the air autoattack on trident for ele doesn’t hit things most of the time for me. I really have no idea why, but it can sometimes be fixed after using the second skill and/or selecting another target quickly and re-selecting the intended target again.

I’m not sure if the grenades problem you’re describing is the same ordeal, but it sure as hell is annoying.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Fave: CoF p1 for nostalgia reasons. I farmed it religiously and met alot of cool people there. The path is quick and the acolyte time gate allows people to socialize.

Least Fave: Arah p4, too long, not rewarding enough.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Arah p4 isn’t too bad in terms of length, takes half a hour to 45 mins which is acceptable I think. However the bosses are such a snoozefest and they just make the path a drag. If the bosses were better, the path would be a bit shorter (especially Vahid and the Grenth Priest) and much more fun. Farkittens the only good boss imo, Simin is okay too.

Purple Miku.7032

Arah p4 isn’t too bad in terms of length, takes half a hour to 45 mins which is acceptable I think. However the bosses are such a snoozefest and they just make the path a drag. If the bosses were better, the path would be a bit shorter (especially Vahid and the Grenth Priest) and much more fun. Farkittens the only good boss imo, Simin is okay too.

Path 4 took me 7 hours the first time I ever did the path with pugs, which was approximately 10 months ago if my memory serves correctly. I didn’t have a full set of exotics at the time, had no clue how to do Lupicus in any way other than to range, and aside from 1 other person in the party I was the only one that spoke English.

The first hour or so was me soloing up to Balthazar (took a while to get people to join), where I got him to maybe 50% hp at best before dying because of lack of experience and because I kind of sucked back then in general.

Lupicus took roughly 3 hours to get done with the pugs, pretty sure I kicked one of them for trash talking, and the other one left. I remember spending a full 2 hours waiting for the replacements because of the time of the day. It was like midnight for me, which is 6-7 AM for europeans.

I’m sure most pug groups would never amount to the disaster that this one was for me back when I was first learning, but I’d wager that a team of 5 pugs that have never done the path before wouldn’t come anywhere near breaking 2 hours to get it done, perhaps more.

Funny to think back at how long that took, fast forward to a few months ago and I can consistently duo it in ~50 mins. My god…

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Fav: COE

• Love the Robot fight, I kinda wish more fights involved buffs, maybe necro would be useful, but mainly because I like my mesmer and then that’d be more useful.
  • Alpha, basically exactly what I ask for from a game. Give me something that tells me to do X and if I don’t I am punished… well Alpha does that perfectly. Sure it’s not as advanced as say Lupi, but I haven’t perfected Lupi, which is probably why Arah isn’t my favorite honestly, so it’s just a matter of time till I agree with everyone else here
  • The Defense Grid, simple, but it’s fun.
  • Relatively easy to PUG, more or less if they can hit buttons when asked then they’re good to go, though sometimes that is asking too much… actually far too often it’s too much to ask, I guess I’ll have scratch out this reason, though it’s not too bad.
  • Charged Cores! some days I get very lucky and end up with an extra like 9+ gold from those things thanks to that dungeon.
  • Better stuff from tokens, Zerk gear for alts and Rares I can salvage for Ectos.
  • I like the environment design/style. It’s a pretty cool place

Least Favorite: AC

• Timegate…ohh you tabbed out during your AC run to read this post and you still don’t have to tab back yet?
  • Spider Queen just reminds me that ANet tried to cater to a bunch of PHIW people who didn’t know what they were talking about, and in the end did nothing more than make the fight a little more annoying… still stacking, even without FGS.
  • Same as the comments on CM, it burns too fast
  • Only thing I enjoy is the Troll, who doesn’t always show up.
  • Boring stereotypical dungeon setting, which fits, but just feels bland.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Fav: CoE

• It gives off that scifi and technologically advanced feel which I’m a huge fan of.
  • I got a small case of ocd and really appreciate how symmetrical everything is in that dungeon.
  • The blend of black, blue, and red colors in the dungeon is perfect (black/blue my fav colors).
  • My jaw dropped when I entered the aquarium for the firs time, it and the rest of the dungeon simply looks amazing.
  • Some very unique and interesting encounters: Destroyer, Husk, Lasers.
  • While everyone was farming cof1 I was farming coe123. Got mats for Bolt/Twilight and leveled most of my 11 chars to 80 by running that dungeon. Kinda got attached to that dungeon since then.
  • I know the dungeon in and out and can more or less solo everything with no issue, which makes pug’ing a piece of cake – don’t have to wait for guildies to run it, pop a random lfg and you’re off.

Least fav: TA

• I hate poison. And tree dogs.

(edited by frifox.5283)

Purple Miku.7032

I like both your reasons for CoE. I especially agree with subject alpha being a cool boss. One thing that I kind of hate about the path is that the golem for no good reason is just a total kitten to eles. I don’t really like that, but it can be pretty easily avoided by just waiting until everybody else starts attacking before running in. If it doesn’t aggro on the NPC, it’s always on an ele.

The main reason I’m not as much of a fan of CoE, however, is that it feels too easy (for me at least) and requires too little of my attention/input to perform well. Without trash skips and with nothing threatening me besides subject alpha, there’s basically nothing that will hurt me besides those lasers, the icebrood wolves at the start, and I guess the little exploding golems if the person defending in P1 at the console is doing a bad job. :S

I like it’s atmosphere however and I especially agree with the colors of the place. It’d seem super dull if it were brightly-lit.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I actually enjoy the CoE JP exploit in the beginning. Feels so good when you squeeze yourself into that little hole ;-)

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

Fractals > TA > SE > CM > HoTW > CoF > Arah > CoE > AC

Only one I’m not sure about is HotW… some days I love it, some days I hate it. It’s a great dungeon for the most part IMO but a few minor things hold it back like bosses having so much HP and the fact that it’s impossible to find a good pug for it (I used to run it daily before troll change that PUGs just never got used to besides taking an hour to range it).

CoE and AC make me want to go to sleep. Super boring. The darker colors don’t help either, I like more lively places. SE has the lava and gritty look so I don’t mind as much. It just feels like I go 100% on autopilot in those 2 dungeons, 0 thought put into it.

TA / SE / CM can all be run very fast and smashing those in an organized group is always satisfying. I prefer playing thief andTA/CM in particular are fun as thief.

CoF is just easy to find PUGs for and easy to carry them no matter what they do.

Arah.. meh, just not a fan. It’s big but I find it bland overall except the telescope in p1.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

That’s exactly it about Alpha. He’s not hard by any means, but he’s not so easy I can bang my head on the keyboard and win, which is not something I can say about a LOT of the content in this game. He’s the bare minimum of what I consider “challenging” barely eeking into the category, but that’s perfect for PUGing daily runs, “if I stop paying attention completely, I’ll die”. I’m sure once I learn Lupi well enough to solo him like a lot of the people here I’ll be looking at him the same way but with even more love as he’s a much better designed fight.

As for the Robot, I LOVE how much my mesmer can make him his kitten. Phantasmal haste with 2 wardens and a disenchanter, basically the golem never buffs, his laser never gets off, his static thing doesn’t go off, and all I have to worry about is the spin killing my wardens. When everything goes well though It’s just extremely satisfying how big of an impact the mesmer can have on that fight, I wish there were more fights like that. I do miss the old golem though, because I could do all that AND interrupt the spin (which I could do still but it would involve shattering which then removes my capabilities to nullify the other attacks).

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

Favorate: CoE P3 – i seem to always get the most loot, as in t5 mats + other stuff then any other single dungeon.

Least Favorate: Fotm 50 – getting an non infused ring after fighting Mai Tran is epic.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Fav: TA

TAFU was my favourite path in TA. Forward is still fun though.

The TA maps look great, theres some nice exploring you can do aswell (not as free as arah). Even the easy fights (wurm and malrona) remain enjoyable for me. I really liked fighting the husk boss and Vevina in TAFU. Leurent is awesome too.

#BringBackTAFU

Least Fav: HotW/Aetherpath

Cant enjoy Aether with its current timegating and puzzles. Hotw is obvious.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Purple Miku.7032

Yes, HotW is indeed obvious. Between the 3 explorable paths and story mode, I don’t find a single bit fun except Svanigandir.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

o.O

y u lie Miku? you know your favorite dungeon is AC

lol, i’m actually surprised you didn’t put ac as your least favorite.

Purple Miku.7032

It might be now that FGS will be removed from PvE. I can’t imagine wanting to play much longer after the balance patch hits, especially on my ele, since they’re nerfing burning speed + burning retreat as well. So, any remote chance of me enjoying that dungeon is pretty much going to be non-existent soon.

As of now, it’s tolerable… not on a warrior though. As Kurr posted above me, that would be basically running on “autopilot.”

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Ah… I see.

Well, about not being able to hit stuff… for some reason the air autoattack on trident for ele doesn’t hit things most of the time for me. I really have no idea why, but it can sometimes be fixed after using the second skill and/or selecting another target quickly and re-selecting the intended target again.

I’m not sure if the grenades problem you’re describing is the same ordeal, but it sure as hell is annoying.

Nades were nerfed underwater to have a much wider spread, and if I remember correctly, a lower DPS. If I remember right they did it so in PvP engis wouldn’t be so OP while killing sharks on the one underwater map. They used to be so much better.

RedStar.4218

Nades were nerfed underwater to have a much wider spread, and if I remember correctly, a lower DPS. If I remember right they did it so in PvP engis wouldn’t be so OP while killing sharks on the one underwater map. They used to be so much better.

So they did it for the one PvP they ended up removing. They can never stop amazing me.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

So they did it for the one PvP they ended up removing. They can never stop amazing me.

Don’t quote me on it because my memory is a bit shabby in this regard. But I think that was part of the justification.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Fav: the ’Rah

Least fav: HotW/Aetherpath

Meatbags that take 10 minutes to kill and have a total of 2 kittening attacks are brainmeltingly boring. And Aetherpath is too puzzly/gimmicky/nonskippablecutsceney for me to enjoy.

CM comes after that but with a good team (read: SC since they are the only ones that actually do that kitten) it’s ok.

Nova [rT]

Purple Miku.7032

I’m almost tempted to change my mind on least favorite to HotW, but I have to keep reminding myself that the only path in CM I can tolerate without wanting to lose my mind is the first one.

I feel like logging out within a minute or two after starting CM P2/P3.

dutchiez.7502

I’m almost tempted to change my mind on least favorite to HotW, but I have to keep reminding myself that the only path in CM I can tolerate without wanting to lose my mind is the first one.

Ask Abe to take you on a pro SC run, I heard they were like Europe’s DnT or something

Nova [rT]

Purple Miku.7032

Ask Abe to take you on a pro SC run, I heard they were like Europe’s DnT or something

He invited me to CM the past week and I actually went. I was the only person that wasn’t on teamspeak and it was like my fourth time ever doing P2.

Felt like I was this, to say the least.

dutchiez.7502

MRW running through the manor http://i.imgur.com/deCVSqy.gif

Nova [rT]

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

My favorite dungeon has to be arah path 1~3. In these paths you’ll see a lot of whiners, pros, super speedrun groups, people willing to learn, ragers and even more. This dungeon is the line between being a dedicated/good pve player vs facerolling everything without actually exploring the profession/tactics/characters/etc. To me this is where the real gw2 dungeon starts, but also unfortunately ends due to lack of dungeon team. Future dungeons should look at arah and develop more interesting bosses like Lupi and alphard and tar boss and dwayna.

My least favorite dungeon has to be COF p1 and p2 because everyone thinks they know what they are doing, but then the little tactics/errors immensely slow down the whole party, and yet people still don’t realize that they are approaching the dungeon in wrong mindset. There are so many uninformed/uneducated players who do not really know their professions can both dps and provide boons/buffs.
I was fortunate enough to start as a guardian to really understand the roles, but whenever I tried to play as different profession and a guardian comes in, I just cannot trust that guardian enough and usually my instincts are correct.

Tour

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Don’t quote me on it because my memory is a bit shabby in this regard. But I think that was part of the justification.

April 15th:
Grenade Kit:
Fixed a bug that caused grenades to explode twice before being destroyed when used under water.

This was the change that destroyed grenade use underwater. Before the April 15th patch the grenades would actually blow up next to the target but this change made them pretty useless.

But bomb kit is still pretty kitten op underwater because it’s auto attack has like 0,5s cast time.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Most favorite: CoE

Ambush!

Least Favorite: HotW

Dem HP sponges.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

RedStar.4218

I tried the bomb kit, but the p2 boss hits super hard >.>
We should train more so those paths aren’t as bothersome, but there’s no point. None of us find any of the paths fun, the bosses have too much health and every other dungeon give at least the same rewards.

He invited me to CM the past week and I actually went. I was the only person that wasn’t on teamspeak and it was like my fourth time ever doing P2.

Felt like I was this, to say the least.

4th time ?! Oh you really hate it. Recently we discovered that one of our guildies had been hoarding dungeon tokens. She had more than 20k for CM.

CM is so nice. There are no game breaking bugs, with the right tactics (not necessarily FGS stack) you can turn painful long encounters into short and easy (if no one misses their skills xD).
And you can take pretty much any classes and still be useful.
But don’t do it with 5 mesmers. Oh we got some great laughs out of the ordeal (<3 illusion of life) but it really didn’t go as smoothly as planned (me being a terrible mesmer didn’t help).

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

HotW just feels like the devs had cool plans for it and then just went complete lazy-mode instead in the end.

Has a lot of your typical pathetic 2-3skill bosses with close to no mechanics/telegraphs and lots of HP, only exception being Svarnirgandr. Also, underwater… with the shifting away from it, the bosses should’ve just been moved to ground long time ago (if only there was anyone caring about dungeons).

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Fav: HoTW/TA

Least fav: Arah

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Favorite: CoE . It’s got golems!

Least favorite: HotW . Too cold

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Favorite: Arah / CM Mesploit all the way!

Least Fav: HotW

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Favourite: AC
It perfectly alternates events and bosses and, excepting path 3 (which has too much burrow smashing and time gating IMHO), most of them are interesting mechanic wise.
Skips are short and still fine thanks to the massive amount of CC. On top of that, many of them include a low health champion, so killing the trash doesn’t look totally unrewarding for those that dislike skipping.
It has the obvious downside of being a lvl35 dungeon (which makes it terribly easy for lvl80 charaters, specially after the ferocity change). This should be more than enough to miss the first place, but I still find the design itself so superior that I’ve ignored that fact on purpose.
If the numbers were adjusted to lvl80 characters (which, looking at the state of the game, probably should be done with every explorable path) and enemies will get time to use their mechanics, the dungeon would require just a few small changes, most of them over P3, to be awesome.

Most Hated One:
I was trying to decide between SE and CM, but you reminded that HoTW exists.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Favorite dungeon: HotW
Simply because I love the iceberg-towns of the Koda.

Least favorite dungeon: AC, because I had an overdose of that at some point.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

The amount of people who dislike HoTW is saddening. It’s one of the only dungeons where the bosses are not a faceroll and requires coordination to complete quickly.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Favourite: TA Aetherpath
Least favourite: HoTW

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Purple Miku.7032

The amount of people who dislike HoTW is saddening. It’s one of the only dungeons where the bosses are not a faceroll and requires coordination to complete quickly.

’scuse me!?

Aside from Svanigandir and Ginva the butcher, everything else is just monotonous with way too much HP…

As somebody that’s solod just about all of these paths minus the underwater fights and story mode last boss, I have to say the majority of these bosses don’t have any interesting mechanics and take seconds to learn how to fight properly. Even in pugs, pretty much nothing worthy of mentioning aside from the butcher.

I’ll agree that path 2 takes some good coordination to complete quickly, particularly because the 2 quaggans + that one other annoying guy are obnoxious and because of the underwater fights, but what makes this dungeon more interesting than others? As far as I’ve seen from record videos, there isn’t much more coordination required here than many other paths to execute properly… o_O

It’s just that most people don’t care about HotW as much, at least in the dungeon speedclearing community.

Svanigandir was probably one of the most interesting fights I’ve experienced in the game and is truly an outlier in HotW and dungeons in general. I’d never expect to get that kind of fun out of HotW. I wish they would have followed this trend and released more bosses of this nature.

dutchiez.7502

Miku biggest screb world cant even solo hotw story boss

Nova [rT]

Purple Miku.7032

Come to america and sign up for time warner cable signature home service and see what happens when you try doing things like that. I’d like to see how patient you’d be in a dungeon with no waypoints and 400-500 ping at best.

Noob nova irl. http://i.imgur.com/0Nvib2j.gif

!!!!

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Come to america and sign up for time warner cable signature home service and see what happens when you try doing things like that. I’d like to see how patient you’d be in a dungeon with no waypoints and 400-500 ping at best.

Noob nova irl. http://i.imgur.com/0Nvib2j.gif

!!!!

Signature home service = signature lag?
Oh also don’t forget that you’re living in NA and playing on an EU server.