Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

e z fix: just stop having bad internet

Nova [rT]

Favorite/Least Favorite Dungeons?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

The amount of people who dislike HoTW is saddening. It’s one of the only dungeons where the bosses are not a faceroll and requires coordination to complete quickly.

’scuse me!?

Aside from Svanigandir and Ginva the butcher, everything else is just monotonous with way too much HP…

As somebody that’s solod just about all of these paths minus the underwater fights and story mode last boss, I have to say the majority of these bosses don’t have any interesting mechanics and take seconds to learn how to fight properly. Even in pugs, pretty much nothing worthy of mentioning aside from the butcher.

I’ll agree that path 2 takes some good coordination to complete quickly, particularly because the 2 quaggans + that one other annoying guy are obnoxious and because of the underwater fights, but what makes this dungeon more interesting than others? As far as I’ve seen from record videos, there isn’t much more coordination required here than many other paths to execute properly… o_O

It’s just that most people don’t care about HotW as much, at least in the dungeon speedclearing community.

Svanigandir was probably one of the most interesting fights I’ve experienced in the game and is truly an outlier in HotW and dungeons in general. I’d never expect to get that kind of fun out of HotW. I wish they would have followed this trend and released more bosses of this nature.

Notice how I said ‘quickly’. Pugs never used FGS in the right way in HoTW, most dungeons you can just drop it because a wall is nearby or a boss is not painful but in HoTW it often requires stability/reflects present as well. Pretty much all the bosses have spots to LoS but trying to pull off half of them in pug groups is just not going to happen. I think the high health pool is something good about HoTW because it means teams have to be able to survive well over a period of time

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Favorite is hard to choose. CoE is alot of fun. Least favorite is probably HotW. Also, TWC seems to give great interwebz here. Better than AT&T

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

TWC basically ddoses everybody here.

Also every evening, they halve our connection speed between around 4-6 pm and 10-11 pm. We don’t know why.

Posted by: Derogan.6340

Derogan.6340

Favorite: Twilight Arbor (TA)

Least Favorite: Sorrow’s Embrace (SE) or Arah. I don’t like the environment of SE, and the group availability for it is terrible. Arah always ends up being more difficult than it needs to be with any group I get. I’ve got my dungeon master and am great at the dungeon personally, but every group I get (If not a pay for a spot group) ends up taking like 2 hours to run it, and wiping like 10 times.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Oh also don’t forget that you’re living in NA and playing on an EU server.

Does this really matter ? I’m on EU playing NA and aside from my kittenty computer, I don’t seem to have connection problems.

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I don’t really have a favorite, but I greatly dislike HOTW and CM.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Oh also don’t forget that you’re living in NA and playing on an EU server.

Does this really matter ? I’m on EU playing NA and aside from my kittenty computer, I don’t seem to have connection problems.

I assume it does, but then again I don’t know if EU and NA-servers are in different locations or not.

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

i agree with this Jerus when it comes to my Fav being COE, but i do think its easy to pug(i get lucky with my pugs most of the time)

least fav HOTW for one reason
kitten THE CHILL CONDITION

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Favorite: Arah, because it was the only dungeon I didn’t do regularly until a few months ago.

Least Favorite: TA Aether, because it’s barely puggable for me, contains to many gimmicks and doesn’t reward me enough to actually want to sit out during long cutscenes.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Fav: Arah

The only slightly bigger dungeon maps, good variety of boss mechanics, Lupicus still is one of my favourite bosses and it’s the only dungeon that requires you to know your class well.

least fav: Tie between AC and HOTW

HOTW for the obvious tedious boss fights and underwater combat. AC I generally just dislike the atmosphere. p2 is the only one with slightly interesting mechanics but bugs out half the time. Also too many boring timegates.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Favorite: Arah
Least favorite: HotW. I won’t run it ever again after the fgs nerf, i’m pretty sure someone failed and added a zero to all bosses health in that hell.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Purple Miku.7032

Seems like HotW is most certainly the least-liked dungeon among the majority of us!

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

As Painbow said, hotw especally p2+p3 is hard for LFG – groups. FGS-Corners are hard to spot and you can’t FGS bosses that easy. So either you pick up a guard who’ll give you aegis at the right time or you have to play precicesly. The huge healthpool isn’t that bad in my opinon, because bosses will be still alive even after FGS-rushes. Some bosses, for example Andal, needs to get stunned or deepfreezed to prevent his huge AoE,which can wipes the whole group in a few second. I don’t have to mention that fighting the underwaterbosses melee can hurt as well

……. 1 gold isn’t really worth to run this.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Favorite: Crucible of Eternity, if only because I like the Inquest gear most among the dungeon armor sets.

Least favorite/Most hated:

- Caudecus Manor: None of the gear interests me, and some of the elite/boss gimmicks are irritating.

- Aetherpath: Worst path out there since…

- Arah as a whole. Especially Path 4.

Purple Miku.7032

- Aetherpath: Worst path out there since…

- Arah as a whole. Especially Path 4.

:<

I luv Arah!

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Favourite dungeon- COE, the scenery is far better than any other dungeon and I like the fights In the experimental lab parts

Least favourite- Arah, by far. I can’t do it and I end up taking hours to do 1 path, and don’t even get me started on lupi, I can never get past it lol.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Favourite CM, because i like the mansion idea and human enemies.
Least SE because i hate dredges and the boring graphic.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

Favourite: Arah + TA
Least: HoTW

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

Favourite: CM or CoF (Except p2, kitten p2.)
Least favourite: CoE

I really don’t understand how someone can have CoE as their favourite; Trash, Spire, Alpha, Golem, Alpha, Alpha, Alpha, again Alpha.

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Favorites: TA Story (that dude that turns you into a cat is simply worth it!) and SE p3 (Clown cart is a lovely encounter when melee’ing that actually requires some planning and coordination).

Least Favorites: CoF p2 (more timegates please ArenaNet?); Arah p1 (Never been a more anti-climatic final boss ever!) and AC p3 (Lover’s C… Zzzzzzzzzzz…).

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Favorite dungeons: Arah exp, AC
Least favorite: Arah story :/

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Favorite: Ascalonian Catacombs
Pugging Kohler (no stacking) at level 35 taught me how to dodge roll. It will always hold a spot in my heart.
Least Favorite: Caudecus’s Manor
Compared to zombies, ghosts, killer plants and mole people, bandits just seem boring. I’m not a fan of the small hallways either.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

FAV:

• AC (maybe because it was the first one, it seems they dedicated so much time to this dungeon than others… the traps, the design, the corridors, the random troll, it even have unfinished hidden passages who knows for what purpose). It needs more depth and mob variety but its my favorite. Also, Kholer is for newbies the best learning fight in game, no stack, fight in the ring as intended. It’s shame many people still skip it.-
  • SE: This dungeon would’ve been great, close to amazing… if instead of another inquest/dredge dungeon they made it against Destroyers and include lots of Sumit Dwarfs lore. This game needs a lot more dwarf lore. They played a huge role in GW1 Prophecies.
  • HoTW: I’m Norn. Nuff said. I want more Nornish content! (remove the underwater pl0x)

Least FAV:

• CM: Small corridors, boring enemies. Agree with what was said before.
  • TA: Evil plants from hell… I’ve seen this since the 80’s. Kinda lame IMO. I don’t like evil plants and the scenario looks like a bad trip on acids. Going with that theme, The Nightmare Tower was a thousand times better.
  • COE: I can’t like it. I don’t like those “lab” scenarios. It’s a forced way to just place random things inside a room because you know… they are experimenting… If only it was the only lab with random mobs inside, unfortunately; they exploited this idea way too much.
Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

My absolute favourite dungeon is TA. Love the aesthetics, story and encounters. I learned the ropes there and have run it quite literally hundreds of times, since I started (since before the ‘TAFU’ days, even).

Least favourite is a tie between Arah and HotW. Arah simply because I’ve never had the opportunity to learn it, and quite possibly lack the skills to ‘master’ it in the way that I have other dungeons.

HotW has the potential to be amazing, but is full of encounters that just go on far too long. Especially the underwater boss fights.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

TA is great, especiallykitten— i have a lot of nostalgia for that dungeon since it was the first one i ever learnt to speedrun

i hate CM/hotw, they have abominable map design and for hotw the horrible hp sponge bosses

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I actually enjoy CM, stealth tactics makes it feel like I’m playing Metal Gear Solid. Role playing for the win.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Feels so good when you squeeze yourself into that little hole ;-)

o.O

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Favorite – Arah. Some of the most funs bosses and trash. Most is soloable with enough practice.

Least favorite – CoF – Just kind of boring with uninteresting mechanics. Also I think I did the CoF grind too much back when it was a thing.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Fav – Arah. It’s a city I dreamed of exploring since GW1, always been wondering how does it look like… + Seeing Lupicus for the first time was a thrilling experience – again, I saw their bones in GW1 and wondered how would they look like.
Apart from that, I love skipping. I love when I watch people die on skips. I love lupicus fight. etc.
I must note, my second fav is aether, I really like it

Most hated – CoF. Simply because EVERYTHING, even chairs, is lava. It’s so dull and ugly, brrr…

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Favorite: CoF
1. lots of mobs, and awesome battles.
2. Has an almost “hellish” feel, which is kinda cool.

Least Favorite: Aetherblade.
1. WAY too long, even longer then Arah.
2. The find the chests event at the end? Yeah no not so much.
3. Finding anyone willing to do the blasted thing.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Question for the people that pick Arah as their fave: Is Lupi your favorite boss fight and why?

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Question for the people that pick Arah as their fave: Is Lupi your favorite boss fight and why?

He is, because he’s simply what I expect from a bossfight. Clear tells which are punishing if you get hit, different phases and a decent array of skills while posing a threat to both ranged and melee characters in different phases.

I’m not saying every little champ we fight should be like this, but if we got a midboss that’s in every path or even endbosses of a path, I expect them to be good fights. I mean look at the endbosses of Arah p1 and p4 for example, that’s pathetic…

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

You’ve fought all the avatars of the gods, you’ve taken down Giganticus Lupicus… Now… Fight this rock!

Ahh p4 almost as anticlimactic as the Zhaitan fight… almost.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

You’ve fought all the avatars of the gods, you’ve taken down Giganticus Lupicus… Now… Fight this rock!

Ahh p4 almost as anticlimactic as the Zhaitan fight… almost.

Yeah, basically Idk why bloodstone can be hostile lorewise it’s just a magic infused stone. gg to designers xD

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Hopefully fractals counts! Cause thats my fav. I enjoy the different stages and it was the one I got good at

Um less favourite.. maybe that mansion one? And only cause I have the less exp with it

Purple Miku.7032

I’d like FotM a lot more if they didn’t force you to play as a charr/inquest and get worse rewards than AC p1.

Nowadays I just can’t justify doing them anymore. Sure they were fun back the first few times doing them but after having done everything so many times there’s just no motivation to do them for anything but rewards or off-map exploration.

I could perhaps try mountain goating in snowblind fractal after the elemental is destroyed. That could be fun!

Posted by: etb.2703

etb.2703

Favourite: If fractals count, then its definitely Grawl. The end fight with Imbued shaman is one of the best in the game in my opinion. Second to that, the path that was removed, TA fw/up.

Least Favourite: Aetherpath! Do I need to elaborate on why I don’t like it? :P

I went through TA story last week too, my god does that look beautiful in ultra graphic settings. Don’t really do much arah unless its with a solid group since i’ve grown bored of dungeons but I like the Balthazar fight in Arah p4 as a melee without a typical fgs nuke.

Honorable mention has to be CoE, looks epic. I love the sci fi feel to it.

(edited by etb.2703)

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

Favorite is arah due to it being where I learnt to be a better player and I have the most fun

Least favorite would be SE because I just absolutely hate dredge

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Favorite is arah due to it being where I learnt to be a better player and I have the most fun

Least favorite would be SE because I just absolutely hate dredge

I thougt arah was hard until i tried it with a warrior on a speedrun.
Did 9 paths in 3 days without any effort.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Fave has to be fractals. The pug lottery is amazing.

Least is TA prob Arab as well. Just never interested in them

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Fav: CM/ Aether
Least fav. CM

Fav cuz I love watching mesmers/guardians/ele’s fail hard and not use proper abilities.
Least Fav because to be watching them I have to be in said group.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Favorite: Twilight Assault (Aetherpath)

Least Favorite: Probably Arah. Love some of the boss fights, but learning the fastest way to run past mobs isn’t fun for me.