Fed-up with waiting for CoF

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Howladon.2096

Howladon.2096

I have someone form each server in my group and none of us have access to CoF. Then, someone left so I picked up another person from a different server, and still, none of us could enter then instance! 20 minuets later, we still were waiting outside the instance. From start to finish it took us over 30 minuets to enter the instance, for just 1 person to finish the pre-events. Arena net this is ridiculous. Please please PLEASE get rid of these dumb events needed to get into instances and dungeons.

Donovan – lvl 80 Ranger -
Legendary – The Dreamer, Kudzu, The Bifrost -

Posted by: Highvoltage.7946

Highvoltage.7946

i 2nd this! its stupid as kitten

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

If the gates aren’t open when my group is formed we just do another dungeon. You can only do that pre-event so many times before your over it.

Some skills can bypass the gate though.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i don’t mind the events.. what would be even nicer is to not have them bug out, or be consistent. OR that they can be accessed any given time someone wants to do a dungeon and not be relying heavily on “chance” OR for the NPCs and events to spawn / act accordingly.

it’s interesting to have these events i feel. : )) though, yes, at times it can be aggravating.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I think the pre-events are kitten . Late at night it’s hard to find a group, but it’s even harder to do the pre-event when everyone is scattered around on servers and you have to defend the bridge alone or with 2 people. That champion hits hard, and if you die you can pretty much do the whole pre-event chain all over again.

I just want to do the dungeon, not do events. Why not just have all dungeons open all the time like AC?

I also run into the same problem everyday.
“Oh I have time for 1 more CoF run before dinner.”
or
“Oh, I have to go in 20 minutes, enough for 1 CoF run.”

Then I get a group together, and we’re about to go in and it gets contested right at that second. We have to defend the bridge for what feels like hours, more often than not I have to leave the group without being able to play the dungeon at all.

I really hate those pre-events.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

(edited by Charming Rogue.8071)

Posted by: Turin.1024

Turin.1024

You actually waited for it to open? Usually when that happens we just disband and get into another group.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

i don’t mind the events.. what would be even nicer is to not have them bug out, or be consistent. OR that they can be accessed any given time someone wants to do a dungeon and not be relying heavily on “chance” OR for the NPCs and events to spawn / act accordingly.

it’s interesting to have these events i feel. : )) though, yes, at times it can be aggravating.

I have never seen a bug in the CoF chain event. It’s not something random or timed : you need to talk to a NPC and it will trigger the chain that takes around 30 minutes.

I haven’t done CoE enough to have a clear idea of the chain but the last events of that chain are really annoying.

As for Arah, king of bugs and fails, I’m glad I can leave one of my character behind the gates. That way I can do that dungeon even if the event has failed.

Posted by: omerk.2709

omerk.2709

I agree.

The events are nice, but should be like any other, optional and not mandatory for another type of content.

If I want to do a dungeon, then I don’t want to need to “open it up”.

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

I don’t mind the event.

I mind having to wait for an NPC to decide it wants to start the chain.

Nothing says fun like standing around waiting for Raisin, but then what would an MMO be without copious amounts of standing around doing nothing?

Waiting for a fake video game character to decide it’s ready to go is just annoying. The NPC’s should be on our time and do things when we say not the other way around.

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

I always used gw2lfg so I get people from other servers to increase the odds of getting an open gate.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Maybe, at the very least, the dungeon could remain open for the rest of the day for someone who has entered at least once for the current day. At least, when guesting gets implemented, players on different servers can team up and plow through the event.

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

I wouldn’t mind the events so much if they didn’t respawn so rapidly. It’s super repetitive and super boring.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

i would survive 1 event / day, but now the feeling is basically if you don’t do a flawless run of cof path 1, you will have to do the event again… this is just too much. its like 3-4 events in an hour… what is the point of this? it doesn’t add to persistency of the world either.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The pre events can be five manned (or even 4-manned). I just consider them part of the dungeon.

Do agree that there needs to be a reliable way to start the event chain.

Posted by: Howladon.2096

Howladon.2096

I would be okay with the events if they just made the chain start every 4 – 6 hours. Every 30 minuets just makes the events way to repetitive and just not fun.

Donovan – lvl 80 Ranger -
Legendary – The Dreamer, Kudzu, The Bifrost -

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

Anet needs to make it a weekly event. Maybe even increase the rewards since it can only be done once a week.

Posted by: Greekman.7215

Greekman.7215

Nothing is quite as fun as waiting for Razen the Nap Master to wake up and finally decide to start walking over to the Gates of Flame. It’s always a shock to me that the Gates of Flame haven’t burned themselves out by the time he actually decides to get himself moving. He claims to be part of the Blood Legion. He claims to not like sitting around and waiting. Yet that is exactly what he does while the other prevents take place and then afterwards too until he decides he at least has to stumble his way to the Gates of Flame so he can proclaim just how awesome he is.

Seriously who is Razen? Why is he important? Why does this random NPC have any influence whatsoever in getting the gates open?

He doesn’t help you on your way to the gates. He does next to no damage and is fond of falling face first onto the floor and eating dirt if there is ever any enemy AOE. To top it off once you get there and he challenges the flame legion while he sits in the middle of the bridge and does absolutely nothing to help you. He might as well call the flame legion out like this: FLAME LEGION WHERE IS YOUR LAWN CHAIR SO I MAY SIT IN IT WHILE MY ALLIES DEFEAT YOU!!! I suppose you could let the line collapse so the enemy reaches him but even then he’s worse than useless in a fight.

So I have to ask what is the purpose of all of this?

If the purpose is to have players feel involved in having to fight their way to the gates and then make a final push to get in that’s fine. Let us trigger our own event without Razen the Useless or any other random NPC that might get thrown at us. What is wrong with the people that are actually going to fight in the Citadel of Flame being the ones that work their way in? Why does an NPC that does absolutely nothing and then doesn’t even go inside get put in charge of opening the enemy’s main base?

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

I wouldn’t mind the events so much if they didn’t respawn so rapidly. It’s super repetitive and super boring.

I’ve seen the gate open and then become contested 4 minutes later…..

Posted by: Chimerael.2361

Chimerael.2361

Switch over to or recruit some one from Darkhaven. We have a pretty strong PvE playerbase and CoF is almost always open.

Tempest Behemoth | Chimerael | Batryxamat | Maelstrycerion
Seventh Abyss [Abys] of Darkhaven

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

nothing is worse than doing the pre-event, a 7min path 1 and then needing to redo the pre-event to do path2 all on the same server.

it should be a 1hr minimum open dungeon once you open it…

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

a-net’s way of trolling the players HAHAHA

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

nothing is worse than doing the pre-event, a 7min path 1 and then needing to redo the pre-event to do path2 all on the same server.

it should be a 1hr minimum open dungeon once you open it…

Yeah this. I dont mind the event, especially if 6+ players are doing them since we get massive spawn and drops BUT the time it takes to be contested again is BS. It doesnt even allow you to do 2 paths before its contested again. This is also coming from a fast and easy paths, can you imagine a dungeon like CoE where it becomes contested when you’re not even halfway on a path, and you gotta do it all over again.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

The CoF event chain needs to be fixed to the time it should take to complete all 3 paths under Ideal conditions. I should not be able to finish one path and have to go do any events to open it back up.

Imho I think any dungeon being contested is ridiculous. Some times people only have so long to play and having to do extra stuff to open it up is not good form.

I think the best bet with the current system would be when the daily resets happen contest all the dungeons and have each one of their events start and once they are unlocked they are unlocked for the day.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

Anet needs to make it a weekly event. Maybe even increase the rewards since it can only be done once a week.

this sounds good. in case of fail, dungeon is closed for a week, in case of success it is open for a week.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

i 2nd this! its stupid as kitten

oh no you typed that word that got censored with the animal word, you dont have the freedom to type this word that you typed that we all know here that you cant type

I also 2nd this. and I also think it is what highvoltage said it was.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Trollhammer.7439

Trollhammer.7439

Ugh really people? CoF or easiest and fastest of all dungeons and you want to make it even easier and faster?
Get your group and do the event instead of waiting. It really doesn’t take long. Bridge cap is like 5 minutes and nets some decent loot too.