[Feedback] 100 Challenge Mote

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nafets.1238

Nafets.1238

This is currently the best 5 man content put in the game. High Level Fractals are finally starting to feel as they should. We did this with one heal druid, one engi, one dragonhunter, one necro and one condi mesmer. I tend (or I’d like) to believe that skill and experience with a class matter more in this fractal than a specific group combination. At the end you receive some decent rewards, one Caustic nightmare skin, the title and 5 APs.

Give it a try, it’s a great fractal

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

I agree it is a great encounter. Since the chest reward is a daily thing, I believe they could ramp up the rewards a bit though. I acknowledge this could lead to burnout and players feeling like they NEED to do it everyday, just like would happens with raids, so not that many rewards, maybe just guaranteed integrated matrices? The title is a nice touch as well and the skins I didn’t see yet but they are nice prestige.

Also, please let more fractals get this challenge mote treatment. This is a whole new layer of replayability and adds so much to the life of fractals, if each one actually has two versions which you can choose to either do it normally or challenge yourself in interesting and new mechanics. It is also much better than the usual reduced healing or timers and even more interesting than the enrage mechanic. So we definitely should be seeing more from the Harbinger (it might even be a good way for the next fractal-related legendary collection if it ever arrives).

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Agreed with everything mentioned here. Love the new fractal, love the challenge mode. I especially like that challenge mode has new mechanics and the fights work differently rather than simply scaling up the numbers by an arbitrary amount. I’d recommend bringing one heal druid to make it easier on yourselves, but otherwise – as stated above – personal skill matters much more than party comp.

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

I agree – I love the added challenge as well!

However, can you guys offer any tips to get around the 2nd ‘orb cap phase’ of the final boss? Last night we went at it numerous times but never could get past that part

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

However, can you guys offer any tips to get around the 2nd ‘orb cap phase’ of the final boss? Last night we went at it numerous times but never could get past that part

tbh the second phase feels easier than the first most likely because the aoes on the ground are more easily avoidable but yeah thats a parts where only practice makes better keep trying lad !!!

Posted by: BeLZedaR.4790

BeLZedaR.4790

Pretty sure you can jump above the red orbs (seemed to have worked for me), jump above the wave, you can see it coming because it comes in, you count 1 second and jump. dodge the orange circles and catch the blue orbs. Invulnerability works very well you will still cap the point. (If you’re an ele you can run mist form, it’s quite useful as a safe button).

“Also, please let more fractals get this challenge mote treatment.” YES!!!!! PLEASE DO!

Make condi rev great again.
Top 25 solo condi rev S7

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

Anet please please PLEASE add an enrage timer its not much of a “challenge” if 2 out of the 3 bosses can be cheesed with multiple support builds.

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

Anet please please PLEASE add an enrage timer its not much of a “challenge” if 2 out of the 3 bosses can be cheesed with multiple support builds.

Please no! Enrage timers are the one last thing separating raids from fractals, and they are meant to not be the same. If a cheese is there let people have it. If it involves multiple support builds these encounters take their time and if people want to spend this time just to cheese the boss so be it.
If you don’t want to have your group “exploit” a cheese you can ask them not to do it, or go with a guild group.
If you want timers: Go raiding!

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

As much as I am a raider, I disagree with adding enrage timers for the sole fact that then half the classes would never get invited to a group and we’d end up with the Druid, Mesmer, Warrior plus 2 DPS bullkitten we have in raids right now.

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

No need, some of the encounters have timed DPS checks for adds before party wiping nukes.

That’s your DPS check.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Grogba.6204

Grogba.6204

There are already instabilities and agony serving a similar purpose. Enrage timers would destroy fractals as group content.

(All Mobs on Fractal lvl 100 – normal and challenge – have a 20 second enrage once their Hp drops below 10% already)

Try healing through the agony debuff, Stacking prohibited. (Fractals are not raids folks)