Feedback on Raid

Feedback on Raid

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

I just want to say I love the difficulty of raids, please please don’t ever lower the difficulty.

24 hours in and still no success. This is the type of challenge I’ve been looking for since the beginning of launch.

Even though I’m failing, I’m having so much fun, because I know I have to be on the ball throughout.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: CadeRG.4508

CadeRG.4508

This topic would probably get more attention on the “Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids” section of the forums.

Vaulting daredevil leap frog teef of AoE destruction

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Prime Greek.1092

Prime Greek.1092

I hate the raid !

TOO HARD FOR CASUAL PLAYERS !!!!

I don’t really care about all you Hardcore “Give me more pain. Beat me Beat me, Yes Sir may I have another” players.

My guildies and I stop playing HoT after story because it was too hard.

We now tried several times with raids and the same. TOO HARD !!!

Everyone is back in Tyria farming for precursor crafting.

ANET ! Stop listening to Hardcore players !

You have more Casual players in the game than Hardcore players !

Turn down the difficulty !

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

I hate the raid !

I don’t really care about all you Hardcore “Give me more pain. Beat me Beat me, Yes Sir may I have another” players.

I’m a casual player and I think it’s good for raids to be challenging, as long as it doesn’t create the same sort of gear progression that has occurred in some games that effectively creates a barrier to entry as more raids are created/progress.

Now, I do think that open world content that is part of character progression or map completion should be soloable and approachable for casual players or players with less ability. And, of course, it would be nice if more casual or easier content, such as dungeons or fractals, were still viable and had decent rewards so that there were options that aren’t raids or high level fractals.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

They missed a trick with raids- firstly, adding another timer to DPS check isn’t good design if you’re trying to move away from a zerk meta.

The real trick they missed was making 3 or 4 difficulty settings for each raid, with rewards scaling appropriately, so that everyone has a chance of learning the gimmicks and then moving up the difficulty scale and earning better/more rewards.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Anything that excludes maybe up to 90% of casual players or creates elitism is bad for GW2.

And as Notsoperky.2348 stated, 3 or 4 difficulty settings (With reduced rewards) would allow casual players to also experience the raids.

Without that some people will always be excluded from content they paid ArenaNet for when they bought HoT.

And the DPS timer is just a cheap trick.

(Tin hat on, incoming flames).

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

It’s a good way for me to prove I’m better than most the population because I have the great sword skin from the first boss. Bow before your new overlord noobs

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Pimsley.3045

Pimsley.3045

Casual is a term to define the amount of time someone spends online. It has no meaning in regards to player skill. Casuals aren’t asking for a nerf. Bad players and those with entitlement issues are. Stop saying casuals are being left out. You can play ten hours a week and clear the content with some effort.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

The real trick they missed was making 3 or 4 difficulty settings for each raid, with rewards scaling appropriately, so that everyone has a chance of learning the gimmicks and then moving up the difficulty scale and earning better/more rewards.

This right here. +1

Scalable difficulty, with corresponding scaling rewards for the win.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Casual is a term to define the amount of time someone spends online. It has no meaning in regards to player skill. Casuals aren’t asking for a nerf. Bad players and those with entitlement issues are. Stop saying casuals are being left out. You can play ten hours a week and clear the content with some effort.

Of course there will be quite a large percentage of not Top Notch players, not everybody can be as brilliant as you obviously.

By casual I mean people who play for a couple of hours a day maybe, they don’t live for GW2 like some Top Notch players.

However I don’t think it matters on your player ability, everybody should get a chance to experience they thing’s the paid for, maybe at a lower difficulty setting with reduced rewards.

Elitism is a major problem in games, with lower level players enjoying the game, but feeling excluded.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I hate the raid !

Wait, you and your friends stopped because the HoT story was too hard? Like it was too hard for a group of you to do? I could maybe see solo being harder than normal, but if you and your friends couldn’t get through HoT story…

Since when did gamers decide that if you can’t beat something your first or second try that it is too hard?

Oh no, you tried several times to beat the raid and failed? That’s normal.

Yes the raids are difficult, for a reason, but not impossible. Raids have always been designed for static teams. That’s how they’ve always been. As time goes on and more and more people successfully defeat bosses, that knowledge will trickle down to the PUG playerbase.

But if you honestly thought, that in the first day, week, or even month of the raid’s release, that PUG groups would be completing it successfully, then you were living in a fantasy world.

I mean these fights require specific group make-ups and mechanics. What if you get 5 druids on your team, or people that don’t know how to boonstrip, or don’t properly communicate to split into 3 groups properly at specific phases.

These aren’t difficult dungeons, these are raids. Each boss will likely require completely different class make-up, build set-ups, weapons, etc. You will need X number of mesmers for boon strip, or Y number of guardians for condi removal, or Z number of DPS that are built to actually deal solid DPS. Not a PVT Guardian with a GS, but actual DPS, that are specced and geared for DPS.

It may even require you change your entire gear stat setup (which is where the legendary armor convenience comes into play).

You need to be on voice chat. You need to coordinate. You need to discuss everyone’s builds ahead of time, maybe swap specialization lines. Maybe a few people will have to swap to a secondary class because you need more necros or something. You can’t do that with PUGs.

I don’t think people are getting this about raids. Maybe you’ve never done raids, and that would be understandable, but if you’ve ever played a game with real raiding, it’s not casual. Not at all.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

“Casual” means different things to different people just like “grind” does. For some, casual means not a lot of time to play. For others, casual means they prefer a more relaxed gaming style. For others, it’s a combination of these two. Still for others, it means something else.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I hate the raid !

Everything in this game is casual and now when we have something nice you want it casual….i have a full time job…i can play few hours…i am a casual if we count the hours i play,but i am in no way casual like you…your idea of casual = bad player.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Better yet Remove raids from the gameP
only gonna hurt it in the long run with the hardcore mentality
that will only log in to do raids once more of them come out and do nothing else

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Scolix.4879

Scolix.4879

I hate the raid !

If you think the game is hard i wonder what you would think about old C64 or Atari games back then it took 30+ minutes to load a game with a cassette drive and almost everytime difficulty was just hard and if you died in game it was 30 minutes of load screen but back then we learned from mistakes and tried to better our self unlike nowadays when people just cry to developers to hold their hands.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

I hate the raid !

If you think the game is hard i wonder what you would think about old C64 or Atari games back then it took 30+ minutes to load a game with a cassette drive and almost everytime difficulty was just hard and if you died in game it was 30 minutes of load screen but back then we learned from mistakes and tried to better our self unlike nowadays when people just cry to developers to hold their hands.

Yawn… Games were hard back then since they had to are where you ok baying for a game you can beat in 2min or less + the size limits – see old Mario for example

Feedback on Raid

Samnang.1879

I am by no means a hardcore player, or an elite. But I still love doing challenging things.

I don’t like easy things like AC dungeons or most world bosses (fire ele, jungle wurm etc), how can you have fun if you just stand there pressing 1?

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: illuminati.8453

illuminati.8453

They missed a trick with raids- firstly, adding another timer to DPS check isn’t good design if you’re trying to move away from a zerk meta.

I completely agree with this. Anet is new to raid design though. It’s quality work as is but it is unnecessarily exclusive. If you go back and look at some of the history of raid designs by other companies it’s easy to see the evolution of thinking that Anet must eventually reach. To be honest, I think they probably had all the work they could handle just nailing this first pass and apart from the missed opportunity, which they’ll grab when they feel comfortable, they have done a good job with it.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

‘Oh yes spank me harder’
Artificial dps checks=/=difficult content

Feedback on Raid

Samnang.1879

‘Oh yes spank me harder’

It isn’t about the dps, yes the timer means everyone literally has to go zerk besides the 3 condis.

But the teleport aoes, the burning floors, the boon stripping; you need more than just dps in these raids. You need tactics, you need to move, you need to time your dodges. And I love it.

It’s hard to do, yet not impossible.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Bad players and those with entitlement issues are.

Nonsense. You can also be a good player who actually cares about the experiences of others in your community. I’m part of the lore community, so I enjoy talking about the lore with others. I would like all my chums to experience the story, regardless of skill level. A difficulty level would be great.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: tenryuta.2014

tenryuta.2014

the little experience i had with gorsy… is a sad one, its too lacking in dynamic battle mechanics, and straight up pattern, a sad 1-2-3 pattern.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Raids are awesome now, the first challenging content in this entire games history. Give me dps meters and gear inspect so I can sort out the casuals who are holding us back (this would also help with chalk garrent if you let us kick people off the server hehehehe).. Us tryhards need tools to find other tryhards, this content does not allow for the carrying of others but we have no way to truely know whos holding us back

No I’m serious, give us elitism tools and just make a noob modes for the casuals that the bosses throw flowers that heal you and on enrage they give you a hug. but seriously just chop their health and disable achievements and significantly lower rewards and noob mode achieved.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

‘Oh yes spank me harder’

Did you even try playing the raids? Or did you give up as soon as you saw the timer? Raids are absolutely fantastic now, and that timer adds so much to it. Yes, you have to wear glass armor, that’s gw2. That’s been gw2 for years. It’s nothing new.

But the absolute urgency. The fact that every second your not engaging the boss your losing precious time….its fantastic!

Raids are awesome right now. Please Pleaes Please don’t cave to the demands to make them easy. Players who want easy content have like 25+ dungeons and a lot of fractals (just fix rewards….).

The only critique I have, is that there should be an lfg for them. Everyone claims anet wants to discourage pugging….lol. Isn’t that how they felt about dungeons 3 years ago? Players just go to map chat, or make a seperate lfg anyways. Players are going to pug whether you make it convenient or not.

I can honestly say, the maybe 5 people I’ve added to gw2 that I don’t know from real life, I met all of them in pugs.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Scolix.4879

Scolix.4879

I hate the raid !

Yawn… Games were hard back then since they had to are where you ok baying for a game you can beat in 2min or less + the size limits – see old Mario for example

Yes i would pay if the game is engaging and fun and gives me a some sort of challenge i just don’t understand the mentality of people nowadays people have no patience at all immediately if something is too hard the complaining starts back in the days you just sucked it up.

For summary yes i would take harder fun game that makes me challenge my self than game that is as hard as dead fish i just don’t understand why would anybody want to play a game that basically is just a interactive movie.

Feedback on Raid

Posted by: Miragee.3604

Miragee.3604

Actually no. Casual/Hardcore has nothing to do with how much you play per day at all. It means how much a person is invested into the game. For example, if you are a die hard lore crack and play 5 hours a week then you are still hardcore about the game. If you only play 10 hours a week and spend it all on getting the perfect raid run then you are hardcore as well. If you are on and off, maybe playing 30 hours a week for 2 weeks after HoT release and then leave, maybe returning a month later or so, you are a casual. Just random examples.

On the raids: I agree on the point with the timer. It’s bad design. Difficulty shouldn’t stem from a DPS check but from the actual danger of wiping.
Another point would be the break bar. Quoting myself from another board:

“What I honestly don’t like is the new breakbar mechanic. They should introduce something else for events with a set amount of players, such as dungeons, fractals and raids. Spamming random CCs upon appearance of the break bar is such a sloppy mechanic. In fact, everything involving spamming is. I wish they would introduce a system that allows for the requirement of different CCs for different encounters. For example that you need movement disabling/slowing abilities in order to prevent the boss/adds from reaching a point or a boss skill that has a cast time of 1 s or less that needs an instant interrupt to be dealt with.”