Finding it hard to find a dungeon group

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: kaotiktheory.8942

kaotiktheory.8942

At the moment I’m finding it difficult to get an explorable dungeon group. Not many people seem to be running them. It could be the time I’m on, but I also think it has to do with the fact that the rewards for doing dungeons aren’t that great. At present you seem to get penalized more than rewarded (i.e repair bill), for dungeons that are usually difficult and frustrating for the average player- so it makes the whole idea of needing to repeat the same dungeon 30 times to get a full set of gear completely not fun! I don’t want to have to do that! No one should.

This whole game was toted as being the type of game you wanted it to be. From PvE, to sPvP and WvWvW, you could do it all and get rewarded. You could mix it up if one element of the game got a bit boring and repetitive, and that’s because anything you did got you xp, money, gear and karma.

Dungeons just give tokens (and some gear that you don’t really use). That seems very out of place for a game that’s so rewarding in every other way. So perhaps dungeons so incorporate a general currency system like karma, so its not specific to just one dungeon. That way I can mix it up and play different dungeons to keep it interesting. You could implement diminishing returns to those who keep repeating the same easier dungeons.

At the moment I just can’t justify playing a 2 hour dungeon that’s difficult and frustrating for just a handful of tokens. It just doesn’t seem worth it.

What do you guys think?

Posted by: Deathfrost.9145

Deathfrost.9145

I disagree with the rewards bit, doing a successful exp path nets you quite a lot of xp, silver, and you get a ton of loot on the way.

But otherwise, yeah, sometimes I find it very hard to find a dungeon group. A lot of times they only accept you if you are 80.

Ive been doing a lot of dungeons, have over 800 tokens on my level 58. The dungeons are just too frustrating sometimes, doable, but just too hard in my opinion. With a good group its no trouble, but even when I successfully have a run with zero deaths, its still frustrating dealing with the infuriating huge incoming damage, chain stuns, bleeds, blowouts some bosses have.

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

Our (guild) experience with dungeons was probably the same but ONLY and ONLY at the begining. So we trained on “story” modes first 4-5 dungeons AC, CM, TA, the dredge one – forgot name, and CoF.

First explorable dungeon Ascalon Catacombs was like “How the hell should we beat those guys ?” The boss pulls us with something and 1 shot us 15 times on a row. Also two or three we needed to give up on explorable paths with “burrows-event” with annoying skelts becouse we didn’t have an idea how to handle it, and tried for over an hour.

But after a while played explorable modes of AC or CM we found out how to play our professions effeciently. The “I go tanky You go heal” idea FAILED from the very begining – one player can’t keep the whole party “alive” while they just stand like training dummies and hit skills – everyone has to benefit his party in some way with boons/conditions or cc – the choice is Your’s. But if You go there only to do damage and nothing more You will fail.

After a while we learned how to manage crucial conidtions in harder group packs (like blind from necro fields or thief’s skills) and how to benefit from combo fields, also we learned how and when You need to dodge/block/evade a crucial boss skill to stay alive. Now most of them are “easy” to us but don’t let it fool You, a second of slack and You end up running from waypoint.

If You want to be succesfull You have to be coordinated with Your party and know how to play your profession or You fail.

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

What do you guys think?

I think everyone’s inadvertently doing you a favor. Why waste your money on enormous repair bills when you can simply buy crafted exotics on BLTC. You get your endgame gear there and you can go do some content that’s actually fun.