Finished fractals 10 and dissappointed

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Pigwig.9813

Pigwig.9813

Before I start I would just like to say that I love the fractals. They are so much fun, the designs are innovative and I really enjoy the progression through to higher levels.

However, I just spent the afternoon grinding fractals to level 10 because I was looking forward to obtaining the ascended ring that I was told I’d get for beating it. When we finally cleared the last boss, lo and behold, I get my achievement chest and no ring. At least 2 other people in the group got an ascended ring (didn’t have a chance to ask 1 other) while me and another group member were left baffled as to why we didn’t get one in our achievement chest.

I can understand putting RNG on chest and boss drops but achievement chests should NOT have an RNG on them. For the same achievement and amount of work they got an awesome ring that will set them through to the higher fractals while we get a rare ring that I just salvaged and will now run around hoping that the bosses don’t notice me with their agony stacks.

Progression for progression’s sake can be fun for a while and I’ve enjoyed it up to now, but there comes a point where you expect some sort of reward and its quite a slap in the face for it to be then handed to the other people and not you. Its like winning a tournament and only random people from the team gets the medal.

Posted by: Grizor.6543

Grizor.6543

It seems to be random on completion of jade maw on difficulty 10+. Devs won’t/haven’t responded on whether it is intended that only some members get one of the rings.

Grizor – Charr Engineer – Gandara

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

IIRC they responded already and said that this is a bug and you are supposed to get the ring the first time you beat Jade Maw on level 10.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: Pigwig.9813

Pigwig.9813

Can I get a source for that? And will they be compensating the rest of us who completed lvl 10 and didn’t get one?

Posted by: Tres.5427

Tres.5427

IIRC they responded already and said that this is a bug and you are supposed to get the ring the first time you beat Jade Maw on level 10.

They have not as far as i’ve seen. It took me till 15 before i got my ring. Fractals are do-able without ascended gear up to that point. This over exaggeration about not being able to continue cause people don’t have the ring right away is getting kind of tiresome. You can continue just play better. Understand what’s happening. Only certain boss attacks apply agony and learn to avoid them. Better yourself and then worry about gear you’ll have a much better time with things.

Edit* The chest is a daily occurance resets with reset period.

(edited by Tres.5427)

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Of course it’s doable, but since the moment when you need Infusions to survive agony will inevitably come it makes sense that you will get an ascended item rather soon. If it really just depends on look it would be a horrible grind.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)