First Dungeon Experience

First Dungeon Experience

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: MajorGlory.6081

MajorGlory.6081

Tonight I decided to run CM for the first time. I had never ran a dungeon before this but had heard that AC was too hard and a waste of time. Got a pug and started up story mode.

The first part of CM wasn’t bad at all. First boss down without too much trouble. Unfortunately, the rest would not go so smoothly.

The next encounters were completely and utterly broken. Mobs being magically pulled from the next room over, while being 2 shot by a trash mob that takes 10+ seconds of focusing to burst down. The rest of the dungeon continued this way until it became a game of “kill one mob in the group, wipe, start over”.

Absolutely 100% not fun at all.

I don’t care about the rewards, I just want the dungeons to be fun and completable. Dieing over 10 times to complete a dungeon is not fun. It is not possible to dodge/interrupt all the attacks of 8+ mobs attacking who can 2 shot someone and its certainly not possible to kill them before that either.

I am very confused and disappointed. At this point, I cant even imagine explorer mode. I understand the dungeons are supposed to be a challenge but in their current state, they are just broken. I have no desire to do another dungeon at this time.

Another glaring issue is how this patch went live. I find this unacceptable for a “AAA” mmo.

First Dungeon Experience

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

CM still isn’t too bad actually.

And the rewards is the main problem, with such low rewards more veteran players dont see the point of passing down valuable in game knowledge to new dungeoneers such as yourself.

CM is still doable, very doable, just not worth the risk of pugging, pugging is one of the means to help the community but somehow, ArenaNet decided against that for dungeons.

First Dungeon Experience

Posted by: MajorGlory.6081

MajorGlory.6081

As I understood the design, story mode was supposed to be for pugs and explorable mode for organized groups looking for a challenge. In it’s current state, this is obviously not the case.

They must have royally messed up the difficulty scaling as I assume you are level 80 and doable for you. Not so much as a level 47 mesmer and a group of other 40s.

At this point, I don’t care at all about the rewards. It’s just not fun at all.

First Dungeon Experience

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

As I understood the design, story mode was supposed to be for pugs and explorable mode for organized groups looking for a challenge. In it’s current state, this is obviously not the case.

They must have royally messed up the difficulty scaling as I assume you are level 80 and doable for you. Not so much as a level 47 mesmer and a group of other 40s.

At this point, I don’t care at all about the rewards. It’s just not fun at all.

Levels really don’t matter.
I when I was 60 I did Sorrows Embrace with a bunch of other 60s, it was tough but we faught our way through and beat the Dungeon.

If you thought AC was hard, Sorrows Embrace is a lot harder.

I did the Dungeon again this time being the only non 80 in a group of 80s who said, HAH this is gonna be easy we’re 80s we got traits.

They never even made it as far as the second golem boss before wiping and rage quit.

If you want, I can give you a run down of the new CM redesign on how its best to take out the mobs. Level and traits and whatever isnt an issue.

First Dungeon Experience

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

I was lookin forward to doing CM story after hearing how easy it was because AC just put me off completely, now after reading your post and seeing the changes they made I don’t see the point at all.

First Dungeon Experience

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

In an otherwise generally successful/balanced launch, the Dungeons seem to be a real let-down. It is a shame yes. The various modes are a great idea, and have been successfully implemented in other MMOs.

However, at the moment here in GW2 they don’t pertain to allowing the community on the whole enjoyment regarding them. Yes they are doable, but personally the story-mode should be significantly reduced in difficulty. Reduce or completely remove any material/loot rewards if the developers want (It’s really only the vocal/egocentric minority whom are obsessed about the rewards over the enjoyment anyways), just make it so players can be challenged but succeed and enjoy the ongoing story these dungeons provide.

First Dungeon Experience

Posted by: Reynfall.1547

Reynfall.1547

The main problem is the rewards.

They killed my cash flow when they killed CoF.

First Dungeon Experience

Posted by: Begur.3205

Begur.3205

CM is super easy dungeon in story mode.
Try to do it again in story mode with ppls who already has dungeon experience. I am sure, you will feel the difference.

First Dungeon Experience

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

I got frustrated in AC on my clothies and descided to go with the flow. ArenaNet has completely, utterly kittened up class balance, so I rerolled a warrior. And in order to be as blatant with it as possible, of course it’s a five-signet-warrior. Stupid, no skill involved. My wife also rerolled warrior.

When she was 32 and I was 33, we accidentally ran into some 38 mobs and killed them before realizing what we’d just done. Mind you, I played necro and ele before, I’m not used to effotlessly killing mobs that are at my current level.

So, I thought “Alrighty, I’m playing the unbalanced flavour of the month class, I’m skipping AC (Ascalonian Catastrophy), I’ll be 40 soon, time to head into a dungeon again!” Seems that the next dungeon has been “fixed” into unplayability just in time for me to never go into any dungeon again, ever. sigh