First official full swampland solo

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Heya,

Sanderinoa here with the first solo out of a couple of planned projects.

I know its not that impressive at all, but I just had to do a video soloing all wisps, enjoy the music, look at the first minute or so and click away, or stick around for another silly bloomhunger kill which you can see by the hits Im taking would likely not be any harder at higher levels.

http://youtu.be/WtneIZw45tk

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Sanderinoa setting the standards for thieves in fractals

Epic as hell, good job!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Quite amazing, great job!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Dem thieves be OP.

Seriously tho, impressive job.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Amazing. I wouldn’t have believed it was possible unless I had seen it!

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Amazing. Wouldn’t have thought this possible.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Amazing. Sandy stops making me want to be like you! I’m already leveling my mesmer in the process.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Oh kitten , I wouldn’t have thought it possible until I saw this… XD

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

That was really cool. Nice work.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Amazing thief skills. Props. Makes me want to evaluate my thief build for dungeons and fracs.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I knew you’d be using watchwork portals. God I love those. I’m surprised you didn’t get touched by any of the random traps anywhere tho.

Posted by: MagicSlurpees.4851

MagicSlurpees.4851

A while back, I actually tried for a long while to get a triple wisp solo on mes, but couldn’t pull it off. Was thinking of other ways, including Shadow Trap/Portal, but figured it’d be close but not possible. Forgot that Shadow Trap’s cooldown is when you lay it not when you use it -.-.
Double Shadow Trap ftw, yet another good one Sandy.

Oh forgot to note, mes solo may be possible as well then. Maybe I’ll make an attempt.
Watchwork portal the one you went for first, drop normal portal, take port back.
Get to the third one and pick it up to bring to the second one. lay the portal, slot it in, take portal back, pick up the wisp, take portal again, slot that one in.
Have you tried it?

(edited by MagicSlurpees.4851)

Sanderinoa.8065

A while back, I actually tried for a long while to get a triple wisp solo on mes, but couldn’t pull it off. Was thinking of other ways, including Shadow Trap/Portal, but figured it’d be close but not possible. Forgot that Shadow Trap’s cooldown is when you lay it not when you use it -.-.
Double Shadow Trap ftw, yet another good one Sandy.

Oh forgot to note, mes solo may be possible as well then. Maybe I’ll make an attempt.
Watchwork portal the one you went for first, drop normal portal, take port back.
Get to the third one and pick it up to bring to the second one. lay the portal, slot it in, take portal back, pick up the wisp, take portal again, slot that one in.
Have you tried it?

I haven’t tried it yet, though I’ve got some watchworks left. I think though, that it’s not likely possible. Portals don’t reach all the way to the end of the fractal. So you have to walk away from them first to drop it. That combined with the lesser mobility on mes and the fact that portals have a small cooldown time between uses, makes me think it will be either 1 or 0 seconds left.

Also as for the shadowtrap, you’re aware that I’m using the improv trait to recharge it , right?

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

MagicSlurpees.4851

I haven’t tried it yet, though I’ve got some watchworks left. I think though, that it’s not likely possible. Portals don’t reach all the way to the end of the fractal. So you have to walk away from them first to drop it. That combined with the lesser mobility on mes and the fact that portals have a small cooldown time between uses, makes me think it will be either 1 or 0 seconds left.

Also as for the shadowtrap, you’re aware that I’m using the improv trait to recharge it , right?

I actually only realized the shadow trap thing after trying it myself, then actually bothered to check what improv did after that (I noticed it the first watch thinking, WTF?). It relies on RNG though then right? 20% chance?

I’ll try out mesmer stuff myself in a bit when I get a little time.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It sucks, but the watchwork portals cost like what ~5g to make? Goofing up with attempts on these… gah.

Sanderinoa.8065

They cost about 1g each, and @magicslurpees, you can see me switching traits after doing the first steal, this is to change it to a 1500 range steal instead, which I didnt need anymore. However, in a normal situation this would get you 2 steal usages, making the RNG a bit better

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

(edited by Sanderinoa.8065)

MagicSlurpees.4851

:( RNG is not my friend.
On the note, tried some theory runs without Watchwork portals, should be possible if the tree is not blocking the passage to the second one at the time that you can blink through. I think trees only block the passage if you run up to them, but you can blink before you are close enough. If they can randomly start blocking a passage with time passed then there is RNG, otherwise no RNG would be involved.

If there’s no RNG involved I’ll probably blow a few of my watchwork portals. I just happened to make 20 a little while ago for arah p1 solos. (porting to shoggroth ftw)

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

GJ!

15Charrs

MagicSlurpees.4851

Anddd… 4 days later, I find time to actually bother. I finally feel ready to do it for reals, pop my watchwork portal… and it shares cooldown with mesmer portals. If it wasn’t for this, I’m positive you could do it pretty easy solo on mes. (Top left, and bottom right two wisps, you get about 5 extra seconds for mistakes.)

Lesson learned, don’t ever use a watchwork portal on a mes unless you’re in combat and really need a portal while it’s not slotted in.
Also, thief solo is probably the only one possible.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Anddd… 4 days later, I find time to actually bother. I finally feel ready to do it for reals, pop my watchwork portal… and it shares cooldown with mesmer portals. If it wasn’t for this, I’m positive you could do it pretty easy solo on mes. (Top left, and bottom right two wisps, you get about 5 extra seconds for mistakes.)

Lesson learned, don’t ever use a watchwork portal on a mes unless you’re in combat and really need a portal while it’s not slotted in.
Also, thief solo is probably the only one possible.

I lol’ed