First time rewards.

First time rewards.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

So something I saw in another game I tried not too long ago was a mechanic where if you had a player in your group who had never cleared something before then the entire group (including the new player) would get a bonus to rewards upon clearing.

Why not put that in guild wars? It’s such a good mechanic for both parties involved and it helps make that game’s community quite solid.
As it is now, in order to get into something like raids you have to have been raiding. If not you have to claw and struggle and bite and scratch and beg and plead and even play a class you simply do not want to play in quite a few cases.

But I’m not suggesting just raids have this. I am suggesting all pve content have this (outside of maybe open world content)
I think that if we give extra tokens, extra magnetite, extra fractal relics or keys, or whatever it be for including the new players and helping them clear..
That could be something amazing.

I’d love to hear ya’ll’s thoughts on this.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

First time rewards.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Not needed.

These “new players” can join training runs and learn and get the same rewards for clearing as everyone who came before them. In fact they have it easier as there’s guides for literally every encounter and position for them.

First time rewards.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

There are pros and cons to that idea. Yes it would incentivize experienced groups to carry one newbie through, but it could also go poorly.

What if everyone in your group has cleared the content, then what? Kick the weakest link, and replace with someone who has never cleared the content.

First time rewards.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I think it could also lead to people just creating throw-away accounts, invite them to the fractal/raid, let them die and do their stuff. It’s basically what would happen with an unexperienced player anyway, just that you don’t have to wait for one.

Depends on the value of the reward of course.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

First time rewards.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I think it could also lead to people just creating throw-away accounts, invite them to the fractal/raid, let them die and do their stuff. It’s basically what would happen with an unexperienced player anyway, just that you don’t have to wait for one.

If i am not mistaken, you need HoT to do raids. Would you be willing to pay 50+ euro for few items off boss?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

First time rewards.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

If i am not mistaken, you need HoT to do raids. Would you be willing to pay 50+ euro for few items off boss?

Is that a trick question? Obviously, I wasn’t aware that players of the free version cannot participate in raids. With that knowledge, my suggestion to create throw-away accounts for raids doesn’t make sense anymore. No need to ask that question unless you tried to be condescending.

I’m surprised what free accounts cannot do. Yesterday I learned that they don’t get log in rewards. I thought the only difference is that you are capped at level 80.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

First time rewards.

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

It’s like 25 eur, and sure why not if the rewards are worth it. Not much different reasoning than having an alt account for extra rewards.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

First time rewards.

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

you all seem to think that this is something to be abused and broken in some way.
what I’m suggesting wouldn’t be something like a 100% ascended drop or even extra ascended/rare materials.
It would be maybe 25,30,or 50% more of the tokens, currencies, or other rewards that do not directly spill into the game’s market.

So say you clear AC with a first timer. Instead of 100 tokens for that clear, you would get 150. Or say you kill VG with someone who has never cleared a raid before.
Instead of 10 mag shards, you get 15.

It’s not something that would give groups massive bonus profits for carrying a scrub, newbie, or lazy player. It’s something that would make them consider it.

Also perhaps I should mention; in this other game it was simply notified to the group that they would be getting the bonus on the clear. It was never told who the new player was (even though it’s always fairly obvious.)

It would honestly solve quite a few problems.
The group of casual pvers who want to just watch the cutscenes and experience the raids could get happily accepted by a group of more experienced raiders who would LOVE to get the extra mag shards for the extra effort it would take to drag this guy through.
Raids would be just a touch more accessible, not because they were made easier. But because they are made more inviting.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

(edited by Murdock.6547)

First time rewards.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I don’t mind an incentive to bring newer players along. I mean, Im not that much of a raider, but once you done a few bosses that week you might want to help out a few other players that still haven’t done so. The problem is, you dont get anything in rewards.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

First time rewards.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Raids would be just a touch more accessible, not because they were made easier. But because they are made more inviting.

Not really. This is a pretty bad misconception that raids are uninviting. Most people who raid do not give a flying cow if you’re new so long as you join the right type of group for you.

When you see conflicts in Raids it’s 99% caused by people lying about their accomplishments and understanding of the fights.

In a very recent example i can give you… We had a “Experienced” PS warrior if you will join us for a wing 4 clear. When asked if he’d done it he said “No, but i know the fights”.
Now then, we gave him a shot because we just wanted to go and it’s wing 4 so outside of Deimos there’s nothing too complex that he shouldn’t be able to pick up. 3 minutes into Carin he was dead. Continuing forward he was the only one to die on MO. The next fight he missed every shockwave from Samarog and downed 6 times. Then there was Deimos….Yeah at that point im sorry he had to go. It’s clear he didn’t know and didn’t mesh, wasn’t there to improve or do mechanics but to get carried.

There comes a point when people who ask for experience don’t want to deal with teaching others again and that’s fine, forcing some silly reward there in the hopes that they will won’t solve the problem.

What will however solve the problem is a proper group finding system so people who haven’t / won’t learn fights can group together and get that fresh raiding experience and learn together at their own pace just as others already have.

First time rewards.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Well hold on, because they answer might be yes. Lets say you run with a static, that’s 10 players. Each week, one of them buys a new account and uses it for that week’s clears, so the whole group gets the bonus. Use the level 80 boost to get a base power engi leveled up (no need for elite spec), buy some exotic gear or karma farm it or w/e, and you have a passable dps class.

Better yet, if all 10 of these players buy them when hot accounts are on sale for $25, they each only need to buy one new account for 10 weeks of bonus rewards. That’s $2.5 a week for each player, and in addition you get log in rewards. Additionally, players like the type I am describing easily shard cap. Another account allows them to get twice as much magnetite per week. You can sell those infusions and mail the money to your main account.

That actually is cheap enough to be abused, if 10 players work together for 10 weeks.

First time rewards.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Not really. This is a pretty bad misconception that raids are uninviting. Most people who raid do not give a flying cow if you’re new so long as you join the right type of group for you.

When you see conflicts in Raids it’s 99% caused by people lying about their accomplishments and understanding of the fights.

In a very recent example i can give you… We had a “Experienced” PS warrior if you will join us for a wing 4 clear. When asked if he’d done it he said “No, but i know the fights”.
Now then, we gave him a shot because we just wanted to go and it’s wing 4 so outside of Deimos there’s nothing too complex that he shouldn’t be able to pick up. 3 minutes into Carin he was dead. Continuing forward he was the only one to die on MO. The next fight he missed every shockwave from Samarog and downed 6 times. Then there was Deimos….Yeah at that point im sorry he had to go. It’s clear he didn’t know and didn’t mesh, wasn’t there to improve or do mechanics but to get carried.

There comes a point when people who ask for experience don’t want to deal with teaching others again and that’s fine, forcing some silly reward there in the hopes that they will won’t solve the problem.

What will however solve the problem is a proper group finding system so people who haven’t / won’t learn fights can group together and get that fresh raiding experience and learn together at their own pace just as others already have.

You’re right. Raids are not uninviting at all. Just most raidgroups are with their LI requirements, KP, DPS and gearchecks. Not to mention that most raidgroups are static groups t begin with.

That’s not to say that there aren’t groups who accept anyone and are happy to go with new players, but most of them? Definitely not. Though even in your own example… I must say that expecting a fresh player that just read up on the mechanics can also actually do them is also bad judgement on your part. I would never have expected that to be honest. xD

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik