Fix Old Content Before Adding New

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Reevac.1748

Reevac.1748

I’ve played this game everyday since pre-release. I am 2 dungeons away from completing my Dungeon Master title. Unfortunately as it’s looking that won’t ever happen.

Last night I experienced the 3 major issues plaguing dungeons currently. Especially the higher level ones. I get about 4 hours a night to play so I need to be efficient with my time. So I decided to try an work on Arah.

1) I get a full party to go to Arah for path 4. Oh gates aren’t open spend about 30 minutes doing events to open them.

2) After entering the dugeon and it’s going great we get almost to Lupicus and the person that zoned us in had to leave. Kicks entire party and reset zone.

FIX THIS. This is absolutely ridiculous and should have been fixed a week after release. Congratulations on wasting an hour of my time.

So now its been an hour and half. We start over with a new person.

3) We get all the way to Lupicus this time to have him bug. It took us almost another hour to get to him.

FIX YOU DUNGEONS. These are bugging issues that have been posted on for months. MONTHS, and yet they remain broken.

Congratulations you now have wasted close to 3 hours of my time, as it took a tad longer to get to him this time.

Most of the party was fed up and left. I was fed up and left.

Here is the icing on the cake. I had to wait almost a week and half to even enter Arah because the event chain was BUGGED.

I don’t usually complain or whine but im fed up. How can you release new content when you can’t even get your old content to work properly. Should we go ahead and expect the new stuff to be buggy as well?

As people have asked and stated many times with very little to no input from the devs.

Make it so events aren’t required to enter a dungeon. This is ruining it for the casual players. Either the gates and dungeons are closed do to buggy events or there aren’t enough people to do the events.

FIX THE BUGS. A lot of these bugs you have stated are fixed aren’t. What are doing when you say you fixed them and they clearly aren’t?

On a side not AC Hodgins path is at a 75% bug rate for me.

With your new content coming out it will be weeks maybe months before people will do anything else.

/rant off. (didn’t realize I had that much to vent)

(edited by Reevac.1748)

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Cross your fingers that these issues are fixed on the big patch today or else all hope will be lost on this issues that have been brought up numerous times since release with no response from the devs.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Reevac.1748

I’m not one to complain. I enjoy the game but things that have been broken for a long time now and never really get fixed is starting to bug me. Sure achievements don’t mean much except a number but I would love to have the title and as a casual something to work for.

Current state off affairs says that’s not going to happen.

Posted by: Hel.6340

Hel.6340

It’s common knowledge that new content and bug fixing old content is done by separate teams.

Colin Johanson Outlines Guild Wars 2 Live Game Development

Live Security—You’ve heard from this team’s coordinator, Mike Lewis, already on our forums, so you’ve seen some of their early work and long-term plans already. Our security team is focused on fighting bots, spammers, and account thieves. They work closely with customer service in those areas.

Live Response—The Live Response team is focused on fixing bugs, addressing game feedback, and balancing the game. You’ve seen a lot of their work already in the update notes.

Living World—The Living World team is focused on adding new content to the game world. This team will be adding and refining the types of content you already know in PvE and WvW, as well as developing new features and rewards.

PvP/E-Sports—This team is dedicated to supporting and building the competitive PvP community. They will be building new features that help support the growth of Guild Wars 2 as a competitive game. Jonathan Sharp will be sharing more on this in the near future.

Holidays & Events—Our Holidays & Events team will be creating a variety of special holidays in Guild Wars 2, building on the long tradition of amazing holidays in Guild Wars. You can likely guess which holiday you will see from this team first, and I recommend that everyone check our website next week for more information about this exciting first event.

On top of holidays, this team will also be creating in-game one-time events that occur and can change the world or drive narratives that come to a finite conclusion across the world.

Mac & Performance—This team is focused on development for Guild Wars 2 for the Mac. You’ve seen them recently release the Mac Beta Client as their first major project. They’ll also be focusing on client performance, helping ensure the game runs well on the widest range of hardware going forward.

Bonus teams—We will sometimes be creating additional teams not listed above. These teams will build specific cool features or events we decide we want to do outside of the scope of the other live teams. (Spoiler: We have some of these teams hard at work right now, and you’ll be seeing the first results of their efforts in November.)

Lastly, we have our Commerce team. You’ve heard from John Smith, our economist from this team, recently, and you’ll be seeing many additions from our friends in the Black Lion Trading Company in the future.

Heley – Guardian
[dl*] Digital Legion – Gandara – www.digital-legion.com

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well the first two points are not even bugs, so not really anything to fix.

And seeing as they have said several times that there will be a huge amount of bug-fixes and such in todays update I would say wait and see.

Also keep in mind that there are different teams working on bugs and working on new content.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Reevac.1748

How is the person zoning in and the if they leave kicks entire party out and resets dungeon not a bug?

How do they not have a pass leadership implemented. I have never played an MMO where it there isn’t a pass leader.

If it isn’t a bug it’s very poor game design at it’s finest.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The group dissolves when the leader leaves the group. This is a feature, not a bug.

The fact that you can’t change leadership is more about wanting a thing implemented than an actual bug.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

The group dissolves when the leader leaves the group. This is a feature, not a bug.

It’s a pretty terrible feature. Even games from 2004 had leadership passing implemented before release.

Reevac.1748

I’m hopeful after patch that the bugs will be fixed and not just create new bugs which has been the current trend.

The fact that they stated they do their own testing isn’t helpful. They need a test server for people to test the stuff on. 1000’s of people do the dungeons a day. How are you going to determine it all works right with just a few devs going through them?

Do they have the time to go through them at a player level 100’s of time a day to make sure they work right and don’t cause other issues?

My guess is they don’t.

Posted by: Ferris Bewler.9706

Ferris Bewler.9706

I read this and had to laugh a little. Arena is by far the worst PVE developer I have seen in any MMO. Only played a few to their credit, but they don’t ever get it right and when they do, all they accomplish is breaking something else. Don’t expect it fixed, just play wvwvw like the rest of us and accept the PVE side of this game for what it is…. a total roll of the dice that feels more like a kick in the nuts.

Pheras Bewler Lvl 80 Ranger (JINX-BG)
Frozen Man Lvl 80 Guardian (JINX-BG)
Frozen Moo Juice Lvl 80 Warrior (JINX-BG)

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

The fact that you can’t change leadership is more about wanting a thing implemented than an actual bug.

This is a bug, I think ANET has talked about fixing it in the past but obviously gave no ETA.

Reevac.1748

They only way I can hit those is running around in a circle. I have 0 issues with any other objects.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

We’ve been actively fixing old content while building new content. We have a team dedicated to fixing bugs found throughout the entire game, and they have been fixing bugs related to dungeons.
Dungeons have had less blocking issues than say open world bugs that stop event chains or break personal stories and keep them from being completed. I’m not saying Dungeons don’t have their problems, but open world issues have more of an impact than the ones in dungeons.

That being said, I am now moving off of the new dungeon team and moving onto the bug fixing team. My focus will entirely be on dungeons, so dungeon problems should be getting more concentrated attention on them.

Reevac.1748

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it. You may or may not realize how aggravating broken dungeons are to players. Thank you.

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

That being said, I am now moving off of the new dungeon team and moving onto the bug fixing team. My focus will entirely be on dungeons, so dungeon problems should be getting more concentrated attention on them.

Good to hear! Hopefully some of those more annoying dungeon bugs will get fixed now (Please fix hitting nightmare blossoms!).

Who’s the new scapegoat dungeon team person? You know, just in case we want to send threats cakes or cookies.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

I fully realize how frustrating dungeons can be when they break – I run them with my characters and understand very well how annoying it can be.

The fractals dungeon team was comprised of some very fine folks, and I was just one of many. I’m not going to say any names (mainly because I want all those cookies and cakes), but know that there was a group of designers who worked on the Fractals dungeon

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

Well, I personally can’t wait to start playing the Fractals. Tonight will hopefully be my last run of Arah for a while because I’ll be too busy fracking (feel free to use that one).

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Okay that’s terrific news and thank you for getting back to us, but it still does not look like the main Communication is getting through here.

Yes we understand these are complex bugs that may require weeks to find the point in the network code between the databases, server, pipeline, provider, and client where they’re breaking (burrows especially). But that’s not what keeps being asked here. They’re asking, why are these Gates still here?

If you found out about this issue yesterday, and you had the map file in front of you, you could select that door, and Hide or CRTL+X it right out of the way, and have it HOTFIX’d by today …and then eventually put it back in weeks/months down the road after you fix the more complex issue. <— This is what people are so frustrated about with your company.

Let me show you what I mean by that:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Golden_Gates
…was bugged for years, and reported too. IIRC, it wasn’t fixed until one random poster sent it directly to “Joe” the programmer. All the Support staff never did anything with it. All the designers never did the right thing with the reports/complaints about it either. It gave the appearance that there was no Cooperation, no work-flow in the studio. It’s been going on for a very long time and that’s not a good look.

And I honestly can’t think of a single reason why this much more vital and popular content should be temporarily gated completely off to large amounts of people for weeks at a time, just for the sake of keeping these somewhat tedious side-Events involved in it??

Everything has a work around. (including burrows, IE: cut their HP’s by 2/3’s or triple their Spawn Timers) And when you don’t provide one to your players in a reasonable time span, they go looking for their own which usually involves finding new ways to break the game or even use 3rd party scripts which is the last thing we need in PuGs right now b/c then it just proliferates almost as fast as that HotW exploit which also could have been hotfixed a lot faster.

Not telling anyone how to do their jobs either, just trying to finally communicate what seems to keep being missed, year after year, after year. Which is: What the player is reporting or pleading to get, seems to often be completely different from your Responses. Yes you clearly HEAR them. And you respond. But the solutions often take months to reach anyone, or don’t even resemble what everyone was asking for.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Wobels.1679

Wobels.1679

well thats all fine and dandy the new ones will be bugged the old ones will be working but pointless since the loot will be under par to the new ones haha great..

ilr.9675

^ Improvements Random Loot tables for older dungeons are part of this Update ^
…that’s been stated atleast 4 times by 2 or 3 different designers, Wobels.

Also the only 1-2 pieces of Semi-superior gear you can get from FOTM, are rings(s) and a maybe a backpiece that may or may not even involve components from this Dungeon (b/c that backpiece is crafted in the Mystic Toilet instead).

Also bear in mind these rings might be Stat downgrades to some classes as they don’t have a standard Upgrade slot that allows for Cross-Spec’ing. IOW: The stats for the upgrade slot are built into the item and can’t be changed. Only the “Infusion” component can be changed and infusion only applies to a very specific Niche hazard you’re not supposed to be encountering anywhere else in the game.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

According to the patch notes it seems there were no fixes for any of the current dungeons at all

Reevac.1748

I know….just got another bugged arah 4…….

ilr.9675

According to the patch notes it seems there were no fixes for any of the current dungeons at all

Very concerned about this as well… not one mention of “Arah” or “Gates” in today’s patch notes. The Only “fix” applying to Cursed Shore apparently is:

The Priory Explorer Plinx event chain in Cursed Shore will now occur less frequently.

A nerf to an event farm was more important than this??? …This immediately goes back to what I was pointing out earlier, that there doesn’t seem to be “Iteration” in the offices of Anet, but rather a maze of bubbles with varying degrees of Osmosis, yet which many HUGE key issues to the players still have no chance of passing through (or being Listed/Prioritized properly?)

Probably spoke too soon on this as well: “Fixed a bug preventing melee attacks from hitting static objects in the world if the character was not moving. As an example, this should help players using melee in Ascalonian Catacombs to hit graveling burrows, amongst other offending objects.”

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Good to hear that Robert will be working exclusivly on fixing dungeons since the other two are occupied with completely broken world stuff. Good news thanks.

Reevac.1748

Still irked today both path twice and both times it’s buggy. The door won’t open on 4 or lupicus doesn’t start. When fighting the tar elemental if you die you get bugged and can’t use skills or weapons at all afterwards unless you relog.

I just want my title and want to actually complete these zones.

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

ANET does seem to be on a mad drive to release new content instead of give the existing content much in the way of quality improvements, dungeons especially. Hopefully after the xmas shopping season they can sit back and fix bugs for a while instead of constantly clamoring for press attention with these highly marked content releases.

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

Don’t mind me, just trying out my necro in dungeons

Professional noob guardian

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

lol, I’ll give that one a +1

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

LOL!

get it

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

ilr.9675

Wells siphon Health. cant bet it

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Got it.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Fix what? My bad I thought we are still in Beta since 2012.