Fix Rewards, Time, Fun; Fractals of the Mist

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

If he can’t see anything I think his monitor/graphic settings might be making the room to dim.

I play on a piece of trash ancient laptop that needs a fan on it 24/7 or my graphic card melts, I run at ~8FPS on average on absolute lowest setting. If I can see there fine, anyone can.

o.O Bright none of that has to do with his brightness and contrast settings, his post says he swims into walls because he can’t see them.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

If he can’t see anything I think his monitor/graphic settings might be making the room to dim.

I play on a piece of trash ancient laptop that needs a fan on it 24/7 or my graphic card melts, I run at ~8FPS on average on absolute lowest setting. If I can see there fine, anyone can.

o.O Bright none of that has to do with his brightness and contrast settings, his post says he swims into walls because he can’t see them.

Welp, my bad, misinterpreted the post…

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

What needs to be changed it is that stupid part on underwater fractal, that dark path with kraits it’s insanely hard and frustrating, you can’t see kitten, you get stucked on walls, and the underwater controls don’t help at all.

What? Use shortcuts! Just as you enter, grab a light thingy, go down, grab another, turn left even before the first light pillar and go to the forelast pillar. Then run to the last pillar then exit. Easy.

Dolphins are gratuitous deaths. I don’t like gratuitous deaths.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

“hurr durr is so easy to me, i can pass that part with my eyes closed”

NO, you can’t, the controls underwater don’t respond quickly enough and you CAN’T see without those things, it is not easy.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

as every single dungeon you have to act before things happens
If you know when to use your invul skill you can t fail.

And btw reward Wyse 1st thing to do is removing account bound from rewards (except skins) and add runes/sigils

That should be easy enough….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

NO, you can’t, the controls underwater don’t respond quickly enough and you CAN’T see without those things, it is not easy.

1st thing turn on enemy labels.. Then you can see them real easy.. BIG RED TAG saying Krait.

2nd thing learn route, the Krait don’t change location. So once you know the route to avoid them (generally hug ceiling), you never have any difficulties at all.

Player Character.9467

The controls underwater are just as responsive as above water. There are some people who get extra lag from rendering underwater tho even with computers considerably above requirements. I also know some who drops from like 105fps to 10-15fps if anybody activates a fire trap in tkittenGJP…

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Fractals we’re ment to be Content for hardcore Players that can advance as mutch as they want … so Complaining about the difficulty of any fractal is just ridiculus!
They are all in my opignon to easy… I hit scale 80 without issues. Fractals to Long.. ( maybe Dredge one but the Long part is just a brain afk farm that gives nice Money) for the others when we rushed on 80 we did scale 75-81 witch are 21 fractals in about 8 hours.. we had all fractals in this one Dredge Volcanic ect.. so we had average about half an hour even a bit less per fractal.

If they want fractals to be fun again.. for what they promissed fractals would be ( not that ppl have about 1 1/2 months after release to hit the max fractal lvl) they should:

- stop the GEARCHECK at maw.. it doesn’t proove Playersskill it’s just saying you can’t go further because your gear is to week)

- make harder lvl’s than scale 80 so ppl can get to they’re Limits

I know sooo many ppl stopped this game / sold they’re account cause anet implemented gearcheck and lvl 40-50 is a joke to Play if you once have been on scale 80.

For Drops on high lvl you get a ring / weapon every run ( 70 +) on top of that idc about ppl brainless doing stuff for Money only.. I was expecting some unique reward on lvl 100 / 200 fractal when I was playing… e Special Skin or somthing for your achievment.. even a fun Tonic idc Tonic that makes you into fractal weapons … who cares about Money everyone can have it not a sign of skill…

first scale 81 fractals

LordByron.8369

afaik 26-38,
and
40-68

don t change much as difficulty.

You get oneshot anyway you can t be more than oneshot.

I don t really care if i get shot with 18.000 dmg or 54.000…..and from what i ve seen the more you go on the most you need TACTICS that once you know them, negates damage and stuff like that.

DO you know what is skill?

Playing on lvl 26 in a pug party XD
You have a fast paced game with little time to adapt and NO damage negation.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Bright.9160

I wouldn’t call that as much as skill as I’d call it masochism and patience.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

LordByron.8369

If i (<==was YOU but you can read under why i changed) instead play lvl 80 fractals I only have to flawlessly replicate a series of I ve seen on youtube before trying.

I have to place in that exact spot and use that exact skill at that exact time…

When I have to adapt the unexpected its more interesting….I can fail, but I can also do spectacular saves.

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Bright.9160

Wait, are you seriously arguing with a guy that has lvl80 fractals that you’re better than him because you only play low levels? Wut?

LordByron.8369

No i didn t say who is the better player i m not even interested in debating on such things.

I said in MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE what i find more difficult.

And no i almost never play anything lower than 48 (if i find a party) recently due to the horrible drops.

Just sometimes it happens someone asks for help on lower level fractals…..

GW2 balance:

Bright.9160

So, you have level 80 personal level and you know how to play that, or not? Because you seem to think that 48 is harder than 80…

LordByron.8369

So, you have level 80 personal level and you know how to play that, or not? Because you seem to think that 48 is harder than 80…

maybe you can read a few times more my post…..

P.S. reward level doesn t matter in fractal difficulty.
You can t get daily anyway past 48…

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

If you instead play lvl 80 fractals you only have to flawlessly replicate a series of tasks you saw on youtube before trying.

You have to place in that exact spot and use that exact skill at that exact time…

When you have to adapt the unexpected its more interesting….you can fail, but you can also do spectacular saves.

Just everytime I say somthing about fractals you argue with me it’s so funny.. ok where are those YouTube Videos from… I pretty mutch sure that I was the firstone ever uploading a YouTube Video scale 80. ( It was under Whatever you want because it wasn’t ment to found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYrtfwlZdeE ) From that callculating back ( uploaded on the 4th of january ) I assume we hit scale 80 somewhere end 2012 … So basicaly we did the tacitics and everything by our own. I know by now many strategies that makes things way easier … btw this was my original post (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fractals-cap-80/first) where actually ppl blamed me to have fotoshoped the Screen.

We didn’t ever have Troubles before we hit lvl 64 or so there we had to adapt some tactics ect.. after we had em together it was easy going till lvl 80 still we figured out the tacitics ourselves and didn’t just watch YouTube vids. On top of that I would really like you see preforming in scale 80 shaman … just upload a Video were you beet him… or the cliffside or Dredge one.. So I know that you aren’t just talking about things you never did and just heard stuff about…

I personally would like fractals to go to scale 1000 .. and just getting harder so ppl can get to their Limits.. would motivate loads of Players to do em again.. and than ppl like you can’t go on and saying stuff about it’s easy.. it’s just the personal reward lvl that will Count than:)

first scale 81 fractals

LordByron.8369

i fixed my post changing a 2nd person (figurative) to a 1st person….

Seems some sad people needs to prove something on a forum trying to argue with people……writing a page of accusations based on nothing.

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

I would like to see some minor changes to fractals in general. They have been around long enough and could use some TLC. I would also like to see the option of getting amulets and trinkets from the fractal vendor. I do not understand why they are not available to us. Forcing players to do daily and monthly content for laurels just to get these items seems silly since they are needed in order to complete fractals 40-48. I would like options to spend my 3000 relics and 120 pristine relics plz.

Ratty.5176

What LordByron is saying, is running the same fractal with the same people the difficulty doesn’t massively scale. Once everyone knows there roles it’s just a case of doing them correctly.

If your playing with a group of people you don’t know, and who don’t know how you will react, things go wrong, and recovering from things going wrong takes far more skill than just repeating the same thing you have done with a set group everytime you have run a dungeon.

And I would have to agree. I’ve had Guild Runs of 48 which I’ve almost been afk watching a movie while I’ve played. I’ve also had Pug runs of 18 where I’ve had to keep my eye on the screen every moment just to stop everything going to hell.

Running with a perfect team does not take skill. It just takes knowing when to do X. Running with a imperfect team of strangers takes far more.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Running with a perfect team does not take skill. It just takes knowing when to do X. Running with a imperfect team of strangers takes far more.

But what makes a “perfect team” is everyone being skilled :psyduck:

Retired. Too many casuals.

Ratty.5176

Everyone knowing what is required and when to do it. It’s not really about ability to adapt which I consider part of what denotes actual skill.

You could take 5 of the worse players in the game, give them the optimal team setup, set up their equipment traits perfectly, tell them when to do each ability, and they could run perfect dungeon run in a lot of cases. But what they wouldn’t be able to do is team with 4 random people and succeed.

Posted by: Hamartia.3421

Hamartia.3421

Incorrect.

One necro, a thief, an elementalist, a ranger, and an engineer run Fractal of the Mist level 48.

They are running their highest DPS/best utility builds. Each player plays perfectly.

Another group runs 1 Guard, 3 war, 1 mesmer. The warriors are all half-assing it and not bothering to weaponswap to axe/mace to stack vulnerability. The mesmer is in PVT gear because they are bad. The Guardian doesn’t bother to hit Aegis when it would help most.

Which group does better? You have to be high out of your mind to think its the first group.

Player Character.9467

I would like to see some minor changes to fractals in general. They have been around long enough and could use some TLC. I would also like to see the option of getting amulets and trinkets from the fractal vendor. I do not understand why they are not available to us. Forcing players to do daily and monthly content for laurels just to get these items seems silly since they are needed in order to complete fractals 40-48. I would like options to spend my 3000 relics and 120 pristine relics plz.

Dailies and monthlies pretty much do themselves…

-vet kills
-champ kills
-kill variety
-total kills
-fractals completed
-ambients killed
-allies revived

-events completed
-items salvaged
-daily category
-veterans
-fractals

Shouldn’t exactly be something you find yourself having to work on.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Dailies and monthlies pretty much do themselves…

-vet kills
-champ kills
-kill variety
-total kills
-fractals completed
-ambients killed
-allies revived

-events completed
-items salvaged
-daily category
-veterans
-fractals

Shouldn’t exactly be something you find yourself having to work on.

Yet you still miss the point. All of the things you listed aside from one doesn’t require ascended items. However, the one part that does won’t allow you to get the full set by itself.

RIP in peace Robert

Player Character.9467

No, you missed the point, ALL of those can be done in fractals therefore fractals does give you them.

Fror.2163

Incorrect.

One necro, a thief, an elementalist, a ranger, and an engineer run Fractal of the Mist level 48.

They are running their highest DPS/best utility builds. Each player plays perfectly.

Another group runs 1 Guard, 3 war, 1 mesmer. The warriors are all half-assing it and not bothering to weaponswap to axe/mace to stack vulnerability. The mesmer is in PVT gear because they are bad. The Guardian doesn’t bother to hit Aegis when it would help most.

Which group does better? You have to be high out of your mind to think its the first group.

Define better. When you’ll have defined it, maybe I’ll answer, but your vision of better isn’t mine.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Honestly, fractals need more attention, I noticed this as a problem, after getting the rings that I want, I now have no use for my pristine relics, maybe get some rings for other chars but that’s it, we need something to be able to buy accessories or shards/globs/vials with p relics

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Please. Yes. All of This. I want it. This will make fractals worthwhile. The only suggestion I can make is that instead of cores or lodes, it’s just lodes. Cores are worth nothing unless you get a charged core. Make it a lode. Sometimes you get one worth 1g+, sometimes you get one worth 40s. That’d be fair

noice

Hamartia.3421

Incorrect.

Define better. When you’ll have defined it, maybe I’ll answer, but your vision of better isn’t mine.

Perks of warrior focused groups: 3 war/1 guard/mesmer, or 2 guard/2 war/mesmer:

Speed. It is faster, and more gold per hour. Without a single downside.

Easiness. It takes significantly LESS skill to run a 2 war/2 guard/mesmer group than to run a mishmosh PUG group.

Access to all damage boons: 25 might, 25 fury, 100% fury uptime.

(edited by Hamartia.3421)

Fror.2163

Well, to that I answer that my definition of better is “fun”. Doing 20 times the same thing? No way. I prefer to have a necro, a ranger and a thief in my party than any combination of warriors, guardians and mesmers, because it’s more fun. Simply going from the start of the dungeon to the end without having a different experience everytime is just plain boring.

I’m playing fractals for the fun and the challenge. If you want to remove the challenge by decreasing the skills needed, fine for you, but that’s not what I want. It’s not “better” in my view. So yes, the group you describe is indeed probably more time-efficient. But “better”?

To completely sort it out, in gaming “better” is a completely subjective word. So keep subjectivity out of the way and use accurate words. “Time-efficient” is the one you’re looking for here.

25 fury

By the way, fury doesn’t stack intensity, so writing “25 fury” doesn’t mean anything.

Posted by: Oega Boogabooga.6207

Oega Boogabooga.6207

all of the fractals are good as they are,
volcanic? its just hard, but doable, learn how to do it.
clifside? just dont rush it, theres tactics in where to stand and what to kill. follow those.

dredge? it may be a bit to long

overall,
difficulty is fine try going higher lvls

random characters here

Ratty.5176

Fror, I think the real question was which would take more skill from individual players a run with the 2 War/2 Guard/1 Mes composition. Or other mixes. I run an Ele and will go with anyone because it is SO much more fun, and a lot of that fun comes from the fact that the content isn’t made trivial by group comp. You actually have to react to what’s going on rather than doing the same thing every time.

And btw, I think the difficulty is fine. I just feel that the Dredge might be too long. I wouldn’t change it, just randomly remove one of the 3 encounters. So at random, the cage might be open and you can just run through at the start, or the door may be blown (but you would still need to do the Cage and Rabovich), or the clown car is just not there and you go straight to the boss after blowing the door. I actually like all the parts of it (so don’t want them gone), but having all 3 everytime just makes it much longer than any other fractal.

(edited by Ratty.5176)

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Fror, I think the real question was which would take more skill from individual players a run with the 2 War/2 Guard/1 Mes composition. Or other mixes. I run an Ele and will go with anyone because it is SO much more fun, and a lot of that fun comes from the fact that the content isn’t made trivial by group comp. You actually have to react to what’s going on rather than doing the same thing every time.

If your running the 2 war 2 guard 1 mes group ( or any similar group composition) and you are in full zerker it takes a lot of skill to not actualy die. You still need to dodge most of the attacks since alot of bosses/trash in this game will either 1 shot you or basically 3 shot you. Sure some content is made trivial by this compoition (like slave driver at CoF p1) but in other places like CoE you still need to dodge all of alphas AOE you still need to either dodge or time aegis at the destoryer troll in p3. It still requires skill, it just gets done faster

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Ratty.5176

If your running the 2 war 2 guard 1 mes group ( or any similar group composition) and you are in full zerker it takes a lot of skill to not actualy die. You still need to dodge most of the attacks since alot of bosses/trash in this game will either 1 shot you or basically 3 shot you. Sure some content is made trivial by this compoition (like slave driver at CoF p1) but in other places like CoE you still need to dodge all of alphas AOE you still need to either dodge or time aegis at the destoryer troll in p3. It still requires skill, it just gets done faster

With most builds you have to dodge all of Alphas AoE, they 1 shot almost anyone, however with a full Zerk team you need to do it far less times (also things like the crystals go down far faster).

There are lots of other places where if you kill a mob fast enough, mechanics just don’t come into play. As you say CoF p1 is one example, you an kill the Slave Driver before the Effigy gets a shot, but I’ve also heard of teams skipping whole stages in both Lupicus and the Ascalonian Captain.

There are also quite a few bosses where the bosses AI can’t deal with players sitting inside it’kitten Box so does very little at all.

I do agree it still needs skill, but the amount of time you need to go without mistakes is far less. There is far to much 1 shot kill in this game and not enough white damage. So the amount of difference that running zerkers makes to your survivability is not really enough.

(edited by Ratty.5176)

Hamartia.3421

Well, to that I answer that my definition of better is “fun”. Doing 20 times the same thing? No way. I prefer to have a necro, a ranger and a thief in my party than any combination of warriors, guardians and mesmers, because it’s more fun. Simply going from the start of the dungeon to the end without having a different experience everytime is just plain boring.

I’m playing fractals for the fun and the challenge. If you want to remove the challenge by decreasing the skills needed, fine for you, but that’s not what I want. It’s not “better” in my view. So yes, the group you describe is indeed probably more time-efficient. But “better”?

To completely sort it out, in gaming “better” is a completely subjective word. So keep subjectivity out of the way and use accurate words. “Time-efficient” is the one you’re looking for here.

25 fury

By the way, fury doesn’t stack intensity, so writing “25 fury” doesn’t mean anything.

Okay, yeah. Obviously that was the BS answer you were going to give. Guess what? Most people measure fun by speed, ease, and level of success. That makes warrior-based groups more fun for most people— but most people don’t have access to the 3/8 classes that can get into min/maxed groups.

Since fun is completely, 100% subjective though, I didn’t think it was worth bringing up.

Can you admit that by the measures I provided, a warrior based team is superior?

25 fury was a mistake. I meant 100% fury uptime.

This is derailing the thread, however. This is meant to be about Fractals of the Mist. 100s of posts on PVE balance.

(edited by Hamartia.3421)

Posted by: Artilex.4925

Artilex.4925

All of these ideas are okay, except the weapon exchange. Getting one weapon is not that difficult, especially if you play the odds and progress to level 48. At that point, one out of five runs will get you a weapon. A recipe that involves 3 weapons and a token purchased with X relics to select the final weapon would be best. This forces people to progress to 48 and master the content.

I’m not saying this because I have all my weapons. I’ve completed around 700 fractals and about 30 48 dailies to get 5 weapons. I just came off a streak of no weapons for 17 (48) runs. Most of the changes to the weapon drop rate people have requested are meant to make it easy to get the one weapon you want so you never have to run 48 dailies. If they made it easier I think 90% of the daily 48 runners I know would quit tomorrow as we would have no reason left to utilize the content.

Yes, you could get lucky and get the ones you want easily, but the average player has to get to master the contet and reach level 48 to get te reward. This is exactly what ArenaNet intended.

Fror.2163

25 fury

Okay, yeah. Obviously that was the BS answer you were going to give. Guess what? Most people measure fun by speed, ease, and level of success. That makes warrior-based groups more fun for most people— but most people don’t have access to the 3/8 classes that can get into min/maxed groups.

Since fun is completely, 100% subjective though, I didn’t think it was worth bringing up.

Can you admit that by the measures I provided, a warrior based team is superior?

25 fury was a mistake. I meant 100% fury uptime.

This is derailing the thread, however. This is meant to be about Fractals of the Mist. 100s of posts on PVE balance.

I’d like you to start learning respect. Because you don’t respect me by quoting what I wrote and not reading it. If you did you’d have noticed that I admitted what you want me to admit, in other terms. Also, you don’t respect me by calling my argument BS for the sole base that you don’t agree with it without any substantial argument. I’d like you to respect as well the guys that don’t measure fun based on speed. Because guess what? The minority of players who take the time to write here, on the forum, are not representative of the majority of players who play with friends and have fun with them without consideration of the speed or the ease of a fractal. But hey… you know everybody in the world, don’t you?

Alas, I know that respect is something that one cannot learn in a day.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Incorrect.

I would take the first group any day of the week, and bet you that if skilled players were running those professions, they would “do better.”

As far as this thread goes, I want them to open up 50+ and let us progress through this unlimited dungeon, as they initially described it.

Posted by: Shriketalon.1937

Shriketalon.1937

A better way to handle the weapons would be to use the fused gauntlet system.

In other words, award a token that acts as both a vendor summon and a currency. You obtain the Scintillating Mist Essence. Double click the SME and a pool of shimmering magic appears. Interact with the pool, and it displays a list of weapons (and perhaps other items, such as amulets, dyes, etc), which each cost a Scintillating Mist Essence to obtain. Reach into the pool of raw mist and pull out your chosen fractal weapon. Simple, clean, and deliciously thematic.

The exact way to obtain this Scintillating Mist would be up to Anet: random chance as it is now, purchased via some amount of pristine relics, a mystic forge recipe of normal relics + pristine relics + globs/shards/whatever. An achievement reward system might work very nicely (when you reach fractal level 30 and 50, you automatically gain one of these essences) to supplement random chance.

Posted by: TrojanBallz.2359

TrojanBallz.2359

+1 to the OP for the well thought out improvements to our current fractal rewards. Although, I am all for these changes I just do not see them implemented. For one, going off of their previous actions, instead of making fractals up to par with CoF p1 rewards they are more apt to nerf CoF p1 as a way to create a healthy balance, making the other dungeons more appealing. The devs, when referring to skill/build balancing, have been known to say that instead of bringing the weaker skills up to par with the powerful skills it would be best to bring down the powerful skills to a more balanced level with the weaker skills. This philosophy can easily be adopted across the entire game. In other words, they don’t want to make changes to one part of the game that will in turn create more work for them in the end.

My gripe is with the ascended rings. I have basically gotten the same ring 4 days in a row. Duplicate rings is what their RNG has in store for me. If there was an achievement in game that rewarded getting the same ring multiple times in a row, I’d be wearing a new title. However, this to me, places a microscope on the current issues with their RNG system. I am hoping that over time they will fine tune their current RNG algorithm. It is obvious, at least to me, that the current one is a bit generic in regards to the vast differences between each instance, dungeon, mob, map, chest etc. I also think that they should bring choice based rewards to the end game content as they currently have in the beginning part of the game. I.E Give you the ability to chose between 2 or 3 different rings. It would also be nice if they would make ascended rings salvageable. Giving you 1-3 vials of condensed mist essence. There are forging recipes that will allow you to make globs and shards from them, so it will keep them fractal orientated.

Also, I think that fractals need to be more challenging than they currently are. There are some players who are leveling up alts by running fractals. This is not end game content imo. They do need to fix the invulnerability bug, I.E harpies. Despite what some others have said. With a greatsword, I have ran up at the start of the fractal, targeted and beat on a harpy. Got knocked off, ran back up while the harpy was performing rapid fire on me yet I could not attack it due to invulnerability. Rangers are also having issues with harpies as well. They are range classes yet they are penalized by playing their class the way it was designed due to changes being made in the game to thwart LOS glitching mobs/bosses. Quick fixes to areas of the game where people are exploiting content that in return creates different problems in other areas does nothing but send bad messages to some players.

/end rant + my two cents

LordByron.8369

^^^
more challenging? and you still need rings?

try higher levels please….

Also as said (that s why its not OT) some fractals are too hard.

But some overpowered classes can just negate the challenging mechanics :/ while with “normal” builds/professions its Beyond frustrating.

GW2 balance:

Posted by: TrojanBallz.2359

TrojanBallz.2359

^^^
more challenging? and you still need rings?

try higher levels please….

Also as said (that s why its not OT) some fractals are too hard.

But some overpowered classes can just negate the challenging mechanics :/ while with “normal” builds/professions its Beyond frustrating.

I run nothing but lvl 48 and up. Sounds like you need help with making viable high end dungeon builds. As far as rings? Infused rings with the right stats for my build on each of my level capped toons. Not the same bunker/trash stats 4 days in a row. I take it shards tend to drop like candy for you. Not for me man. Like I said in my post, RNG loves to give me trash.

LordByron.8369

its not about using what s OP

Its about “build diversity” how anet loves to call it..
2 guardians just puts enough reflect to ignore things as lava shaman and stuff.

thus is not for ex that lava shaman is easy…
Its more that guardians, thieves and warriors makes it easy just negating the mechanic.

And that is why every 48 Group wants 2 guad and som war/thieves.

For crystals ._. i get that rng is rng but one of the most common complaints is that people don t know what to do with prostines and crystals.

I had 170+ last time i checked…how can you struggle to get enough for some rings?

GW2 balance:

Bright.9160

A decent guardian only uses Wall of Reflection and Shield on the grubs at shaman, learn to dodge the arrow.

Warriors are only useful on Shaman because they can cleave through the grubs easily, outside of that, they don’t have any worthwhile mechanic for the fight.

In fact, that’s pretty much all there is to a warrior: DPS. Outside of that, they’re pretty useless.

And about that build diversity… Don’t like running efficient builds? Don’t run them. In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy my 45min-1h20 Fractals 48 runs.

I really don’t get why people are so opposed to running the most efficient setup out there, and call us unskilled for doing so.

LordByron.8369

warriors “cleaving through stuff” is exactly what makes content trivial….

Take a random Group without guardian and warriors and thieves.

They are skilled and thus nobody of them waste any skill before shield phase (as it should be).

Elementals arrives they use any of the many tactics available to slow shaman and proceed Killing elementals…

They kill few then are forced to deal with bubble….

Now they have shaman and elementals doing abysmal damage and they run out of skill.

They have to face this situation for 1 minute at least.

With guardianS:
after 1 minute they still have plenty reflect

With warriors:
they kill most grubs before the shields vanishes….
Also if someone dies they isnta ress people.
They are unlucky and get downed? no problem lets kill some more….so the Group will easily ress afterward.

With thief:
lol daggerstorm….
Wait i risk being killed what about using my stealth that equals invulnerability here?
Also if i am needed i can ress ppl without issue
“Oh btw leave the shield to me i have unload <.<”
—————————————-

NOTE: i m not saying using a combination of those means you are or are not skilled.
I am saying those tactics prevent your skill to be tested….

because you use setups that simply negate the Whole mechanic.

its like putting the most challenging boss in a game and then having a class with a skill “i win”.

The boss will be hard for most and useless for those benefitting that class.

Its about freedom of play and the whoel reason why this game has more than 1 profession.

That is why its UNBALANCED as hell and getting worst every patch due to our beloved PvP devs……that constantly laugh at pve players…

GW2 balance:

Hamartia.3421

Hopefully we’ll see some of these changes in the upcoming fractals update!

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Hopefully we’ll see some of these changes in the upcoming fractals update!

Eh? is there an ETA on that? I wasn’t under the impression there was an upcoming fotm update ( at least not any time soon) I was thinking more next year kind of thing?

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Hamartia.3421

Datamining shows that in the next patch, we will get to vote for Elen Kiel or Evon Gnashblade for coincil.

Kiel will give us Aetherblade, Evon will give us Molten Facility added to fractals.

Anet has previously said they wont update fractals without also looking at the rewards. =)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Datamining shows that in the next patch, we will get to vote for Elen Kiel or Evon Gnashblade for coincil.

Kiel will give us Aetherblade, Evon will give us Molten Facility added to fractals.

Anet has previously said they wont update fractals without also looking at the rewards. =)

Really now O_O
That’ll be interesting :o

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Hamartia.3421

Yeah, 3 new fractals. Hopefully they update some of the current bad ones as well.