Fix the exploits in Fractals

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

It’s not allowed to post explanations to exploits into the forums!

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

What is this rev and molten boss exploit? I would love to know to do it myself. Thanks <3

google is your best friend….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Something about a Rev and Molten Boss. I’m sure you know it.

Not only Rev but also Ele. I’m sure you know it.

Guard and war can do it aswell. :<

What are the chances that my necromancer can do it too? :c

fixing the exploits is not going to fix the farm the easiest fractal(s) issue though, there needs to be an incentive to do the other fractals more than once. For 1-50 you have to do fractal x for fractal pages but once you have them there is no reason to do those level again and for higher levels there is no incentive at all.
One idea would be to reward to reward a golden fractal weapon of choice every time you complete levels 50-100 or 75-100 instead of only for the first time.
Or complete high level (75+) x for 1 golden fractal relic or a fix gold amount (preferably depending on the island+level) daily. Or simply change the complete 3 fractals of choice dailies to complete 3 randomly chosen fractals. etc.

(edited by Erzian.5218)

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Something about a Rev and Molten Boss. I’m sure you know it.

Not only Rev but also Ele. I’m sure you know it.

Guard and war can do it aswell. :<

What are the chances that my necromancer can do it too? :c

Your necromancer can do it.

Posted by: Mystic Angelique.4021

Mystic Angelique.4021

To be frank what i am doing in fractal now is something like this. if you done fractal for a year everyone knows the content is old.It is just for workout on the old punching bag and rewards that comes with it. Maybe few extra gold and maybe after alot of round a ascended item (Hopefully not another ring..) (If you reach fractal at this stage exotic and rare are just ecto salvage items for crafting) It does not upgrade your current Armour . If you say the reward great i can only say lol .It is like drop in the bucket for what these players are after.

https://youtu.be/-YuOvQ6DzGs

Quite frankly, very tired of running around like Meta event after Meta event.
https://youtu.be/gF0rrpMH-Jo

The question here is why player prefer to do what they do. Its a simple choice that is hardwired. Its either the running around or another boxing round. So what do you enjoy about the game.

(edited by Mystic Angelique.4021)

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

“nerf other people playstyle’s because I’m offended by how they play”
I don’t know, how exactly does other people playing particular fractals affect you? Was your boss going to give you a raise, but then said “oh, you don’t run the fast fractals? Go be poor”. Did your wife leave you? Kids flunked out of high school? I really don’t get this stupid kitten argument. I recently did my 1-100 fractals for ze first time, and I had no issues at all filling parties for the “non swamp” fractals. It took me at most 5 minutes to fill for the most annoying ones. So again, how does other people’s choice of fractals affect you?

I don’t know, how exactly does other people playing particular fractals affect you? Was your boss going to give you a raise, but then said “oh, you don’t run the fast fractals? Go be poor”. Did your wife leave you? Kids flunked out of high school? I really don’t get this stupid kitten argument. I recently did my 1-100 fractals for ze first time, and I had no issues at all filling parties for the “non swamp” fractals. It took me at most 5 minutes to fill for the most annoying ones. So again, how does other people’s choice of fractals affect you?

Flawless.

This is just sad.
It only shows how you are not enjoying the game and just want to finish it ASAP with the less effort possible.

This post if full of B* because it’s not “personal playstyle” but an abuse of the game mechanics. You are free to play the way you want as long as it does not affect the game mechanics.

The lone fact that you use the world “nerf” instead of “fix” tells everything.

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

Nah, arenanet will probably just follow there old logic, “Throw it out and make something new, Fractals are abandoned here’s this new thingy!” ok in all seriousness though come on you guys, you have to be aware of how much of a joke fractals are, if your goal was to make them a customizable difficulty 5-man dungeon where the highest levels are equivalent of raids, like you kept claiming before launch, you failed miserably, I get that fixing this isn’t simple by any means but could we get some sort okittennowledgement or something?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

This is just sad.
It only shows how you are not enjoying the game and just want to finish it ASAP with the less effort possible.

This post if full of B* because it’s not “personal playstyle” but an abuse of the game mechanics. You are free to play the way you want as long as it does not affect the game mechanics.

After the novelty is gone most of the enjoyment lies in beating encounters as quickly and smoothly as possible, the social aspect and the rewards. There’s only so much fun to be had repeating a scripted encounter with the same enemies in the same environment. It’s why dungeons are essentially dead now. Very, very few people are going to repeat content for its own sake.

Honestly, I’m sure the devs feel differently about this but these tactics offer the best possible experience for the largest number of players. Truly difficult and time consuming encounters are usually avoided, or just kitten people off. I’ve seen this time and time again. Generally it’s much more fun to breeze through a fight, maybe have some idle banter with your fellow party members, collect the loot and part as friends.

And I don’t consider anything a player does using only their own intelligence and the game client, that is not to the detriment of other players, as an ‘abuse’. It’s simply smart play.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Flawless.

This is just sad.

While I do agree that bugs need fixing – who exactly in the whole fractal community enjoys doing mossman?

Are there any fractal veterans that still “enjoy” the content and don’t want it done as quickly as possible?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: PimmoZ.5497

PimmoZ.5497

There’s no point.

I explained this to the devs in the CDI – this structure can’t work because there will always be that one fractal that has an optimal reward vs difficulty ratio and people will just do that one.
The random nature of fractals prevented their “farm” – until now.

This is the only truth of this thread. Fractals are dead and only farmed for rewards instead of being fun with the randomness and beating a hard one. And yes, you can do a hard one, but why? You still get the same reward. The randomness made it fun. All I see in LFG is 56, 67, 77. Rarely you see something else. It’s just sad now.

The only solution is to change it back which I don’t see happeningen looking at Anet’s history.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Iduno,94 was pretty traumatic for me, but it reminded me of good ol days when we didn’ have ar and prayed for any ring drop, and running around naked on lvl 20 till 3am cursing everything since we had to get up for work in 6.

Fractals aren’t dead for me tho, i still enjoy them like i did on relese.

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Flawless.

This is just sad.

While I do agree that bugs need fixing – who exactly in the whole fractal community enjoys doing mossman?

Are there any fractal veterans that still “enjoy” the content and don’t want it done as quickly as possible?

I like mossman :<

Also a good legit mossman is faster than an exploited one from my experience.

Bullet Punch

Harper.4173

How many mossmans have you done? It’s old – it should have been covered by the fact that fractals should have been random and we should have had 4 times as many islands now.

That would alleviate the old content’s age by mixing it with a lot of new content – which never happened.

Instead we get mobs that explode when you kill them so the old content is more “fun”.

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Flawless.

This is just sad.

Repeating content daily is an MMO mechanic. Not a healthy one in many many cases but one that will never change because developers can’t release “end game” content every week.

But that’s not my point. Exploits should NOT be defended by players with the excuse of “the content is boring anyways”. Especially when you have a respectable chance of getting end-game gear by being AFK and pressing #1.

If it was up to me I would put a system where you had to do 3 continuous fracts to get the daily. Like 60-61-62 / 98-99-100 for example etc…

Harper.4173

I’m not defending the exploit i’m just pointing out why it’s being used – and why the next one will happen and so on.

I was just explaining that by now 90% of the content in game is content you want to get done as fast as possible because it’s not enjoyable.
For veterans such as myself there’s only so many times you can keep doing the same content over and over and over again – of course I just want to get it out of the way.

Once this exploit is fixed people will find another spot or some other means to do it. The exploiting is a symptom of a much larger issue – and that is that while current content is old and getting older there’s no word of newer content.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

I’m not defending the exploit i’m just pointing out why it’s being used

Except you aren’t since a proper mossman should be faster.

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Yeah but you know, proper mossman or 11111…. proper mossman… or 11111….

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Yeah but you know, proper mossman or 11111…. proper mossman… or 11111….

Shhh, apparently you take damage while doing the exploit, so it means it’s hard and not mindless!

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

It’s definitely faster for most pug groups because they’ll be taking out their kitten ranged weapons rather than stacking on him in melee. If you’re a good group you can stack and kill him much faster, but I doubt good groups would be using the exploit in the first place. Half of my pug groups have one or two people that lack the AR….Even seen a few turret engis, it’s quite funny.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Hope they do a nice round of bannings to go with exploit fixes. If you can’t do it legit, then you shouldn’t do it at all.

Besides, these instabilities aren’t that bad, I remember some truly awful ones back before HoT, 43 seems to ring a chilling bell.

Harper.4173

Except you’re wrong – people are sick of the fight. Between taking 5 minutes of actually doing the fight itself (which you’re sick of) and taking 7-8 and watching netflix while occasionally hitting 1 on your keyboard- can you tell me which one of these exposes you more to the content you’re incredibly tired and bored of?

Yes the fight takes longer – but your involvement and exposure to the old and boring content is at its lowest possible level.

Sure – if legit mossman took 1-2 minutes and the bug took 8-9 then yeah – we might see more legit. But adding 2-3 minutes is a good trade if it means you don’t really have to do anything but press 1 and chill.

Harper.4173

Hope they do a nice round of bannings to go with exploit fixes. If you can’t do it legit, then you shouldn’t do it at all.

Besides, these instabilities aren’t that bad, I remember some truly awful ones back before HoT, 43 seems to ring a chilling bell.

So they should ban almost the entire player base that does FOTM now? That’s absurd.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Yes, which everyone did exactly 1nce if at all (because it was way easier to just rerun 49 and 50 until you caped). That system was essentially even worse then the current one. Here you at least have to do each fractal once for rewards. Great comparison.

I remember when fractals went up to fractal level 80 and people had to exploit mechanics left and right to get past the instant kill agony to get there.

How about we go ALL the way back and get every player who ever set foot in fractals banned.

Fixing the exploits is one step, the major one has to be fixing the game mode first though.

apharma.3741

Exploit is an exploit and it is against the terms of service, you all agreed to it.

The old 80 fractals they made the decision not to ban people, that is a decision made in the past and left there. We’re talking people exploiting at the moment something that is not and never was intended.

It isn’t even difficult to do it properly so I don’t see why any leniency should be given.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Before this, mossman was exploited by luring him into the water. No one was banned for it. Sorry Apharma, but virtually every pub group who 67+ fracs does it, it’s far too many people to ban, and Anet cares far too little about the exploit in the first place. If they cared, it would have been fixed long ago.

And it is difficult with a random pug group. because the random conditions applied by 67/77 is hell for pug groups who have a random bag of classes, and often times players who don’t even have the appropriate agony resistance. For an organized group, sure it’s simple, but what isn’t a cakewalk for an organized group?

Having said that, Anet doesn’t ban for anything that doesn’t affect their economy or is downright botting/hacking. Seeing as fractals give average rewards and the only boon is the possibility of an ascended weapon/armor…And that doesn’t affect their economy, so they don’t care about it.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

apharma.3741

Sad but true Kagamiku, can still hope though.

Imo if you are talking groups as bad as you’re making out (not enough AR, playing very inefficient and mismatched builds) then they do not deserve to beat mossman at that level or the rewards for doing so.

Here’s hoping they fix the exploits soon at the very least.

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

I agree. ANet, can we get some temp bans to those cheaters? Also, when is the bug fix? I just got kicked from 2 parties today because of this.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Oh my god, people jump on a house to kill Mossman – HORRIBLE!!!! EXPLOIT, FIX IT!!! BAN THE PLAYERS DOING IT!!!

This forum is so ridiculous and arbitrary compared to the in game experience you won’t believe it.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Harper.4173

Exploit is an exploit and it is against the terms of service, you all agreed to it.

The old 80 fractals they made the decision not to ban people, that is a decision made in the past and left there. We’re talking people exploiting at the moment something that is not and never was intended.

It isn’t even difficult to do it properly so I don’t see why any leniency should be given.

If you were a developer – and had a piece of content that you wanted to promote which already not a lot of players even do – would you ban a high number ( possibly) the majority of the players that do said content for this kind of a situation?

Is that viable? Is that the right call?

Harper.4173

Sad but true Kagamiku, can still hope though.

Imo if you are talking groups as bad as you’re making out (not enough AR, playing very inefficient and mismatched builds) then they do not deserve to beat mossman at that level or the rewards for doing so.

Here’s hoping they fix the exploits soon at the very least.

I honestly have no hope of things getting fixed soon – dungeons were in this state as well – previous FOTM “bugs” took months on end to “fix”.

What I don’t really understand is why is it that these things aren’t avoided? Can the content not be tested?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If you were a developer – and had a piece of content that you wanted to promote which already not a lot of players even do – would you ban a high number ( possibly) the majority of the players that do said content for this kind of a situation?

Is that viable? Is that the right call?

You seem to assume that Anet wants to promote Fractals. I’m not so sure – if they really did intend to, they’d be more invested in fixing the bugs and making new fractal shards.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Harper.4173

It was their stated goal that they want people to move from dungeons to fractals and raids. Their changes to fractals “supposedly” happened to make fractals a more appealing and casual-friendly experience.

I honestly believe that their 5 man instanced content from now on will be fractals – that doesn’t mean they won’t do a terrible job supporting it just like dungeons (and fractals) before.

I mean – I assume what they want to do – I have no confidence they’ll do it properly.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It was their stated goal that they want people to move from dungeons to fractals and raids.

Yes. They also said that Dungeon rewards were being moved to fractals at the same time they actually nerfed fractal drops compared to what was before. They may be saying one thing, but their actions suggest something different.

Also, what i got from that statement wasnt’t that they wanted people to move to fractals, but that they wanted them to move from dungeons. That’s not the same.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: peeterske.9134

peeterske.9134

What is this fractals you guys keep mentioning? I’ve only seen Swamplands of The Mists..

But seriously.. bring back random fractals that they force you to do for your daily. Then you play everything. Ive been playing frac since it came out and its always been fun .. until now. Dungeons were fun too since anet forced me to do every path not more then once. I want them to MAKE me do the other fractals.

More different encounters = less exploiting. Most dungeons were ran without exploits. (Or insignificant ones) and i bet you dont know many exploits for the other fractals. These that youve done a billion times before HoT.

Also i dont think fractals should reward me with gold this much. And ascended drops should still be rare.

One more thing: I hope you all get nothing from your fractals dailies. Because none of you deserve any of it (same goes for me) im glad the rewards are crap atm. Serves us right.

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Except you’re wrong – people are sick of the fight. Between taking 5 minutes of actually doing the fight itself (which you’re sick of) and taking 7-8 and watching netflix while occasionally hitting 1 on your keyboard- can you tell me which one of these exposes you more to the content you’re incredibly tired and bored of?

Yes the fight takes longer – but your involvement and exposure to the old and boring content is at its lowest possible level.

Sure – if legit mossman took 1-2 minutes and the bug took 8-9 then yeah – we might see more legit. But adding 2-3 minutes is a good trade if it means you don’t really have to do anything but press 1 and chill.

None is forcing you to play the game. It is clear that by what you say you’re sick and tired of it and you don’t see it as a game.

End game content that has a chance to reward you with a BiS item should not be afk#1 spam no matter how boring you think it is.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

None is forcing you to play the game. It is clear that by what you say you’re sick and tired of it and you don’t see it as a game.

End game content that has a chance to reward you with a BiS item should not be afk#1 spam no matter how boring you think it is.

Any content 3 years old which faces no changes becomes “afk #1 spam”. Especially after such a powercreep expansion.

No one is arguing against difficult, challenging and working endgame instanced content.

The problem is, the current design leads players to maximise their success while minimizing their time investment. On top of the content being ages old.

I doubt you’ll find many people who have run fractals since the very beginning (most are at 3 thousand fractals run and more by now) who find ANY of the fractals fun or “a game”. It’s a minor inconveniance between ones self and the next random ascended item at best.

PimmoZ.5497

A letter to Anet (you may fill in the kittins yourself)

Dear Anet,

Fractals are in a bad state right now and you made, once again, a calculated business decision to push people to fractals. The absence of randomness for completing a total fractal experience (3 or more random fractals) and the obvious exploits has sucked all the fun out of it and made the community, who is now running fractals, mindless zombies of pressing 1 at the mossman. Hopefully those players will not get past level 83 since there is no mossman after that.

The community running mossman is so bad that explaining that killing the mossman unexploited is even faster than with the exploit, that their argument rests on the fact that a dead player does no damage…

The mossman fight is one of the easiest fights to stay alive…

So dear Anet, pretty please, please, please, please get off your kitten and at least fix these kitten exploits for the content you advertise as challenging end-game. This content is now filled with people who are not ready for it because they exploited their way up the levels.

Sincerely,

Pim

(edited by PimmoZ.5497)

Posted by: AmFah.4389

AmFah.4389

It’s funny how people are being FORCED to join LFGs for Swamp or Molten Boss. Oh wait, they’re not. These problems existed WAAAYYY before the Fractal overhaul. I remember personally exploiting Molten Boss as Engie back in the day. We’re in a better state to farm fractals for relics, which will help people transition from +5 infusions to +7, or obsidian shards and fractal potions for higher levels.

It’s cool if you guys want to spend two hours doing random fractals like we used to back when fractals were randomized, but do that on your own time and leave the farmers out of this.

And I want to repeat this: Absolutely no one’s forcing you to join LFGs for Swamp or Molten Boss.

inb4
“But no one wants to join my obscure fractal because Swamp and Molten Boss are faster
“But no one wants to carry me through Cliffside or Fire Shaman so I can get my vet/master chest for skins

Reminder that people only did dungeons because it was the most profitable, now look where it stands now. Changing the only reason people do fractals in the first place, months after it was updated, would return it to being a desolate just as it was pre-dungoen nerf.

(edited by AmFah.4389)

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Fractals aren’t in a bad state at all. I don’t know what you are talking about. They are fun, and the rewards are nice. Also the gearing up for higher levels is quite motivating. The few exploits most people point out here are a shear non-issue: I almost never faced any of those and 90% of the groups do it just the intended way…

The only thing that I want is new fractals; if they tell us this is their idea of 5man endgame content then why not adding new fractals? This is just beyond my imagination.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

PimmoZ.5497

It’s funny how people are being FORCED to join LFGs for Swamp or Molten Boss. Oh wait, they’re not. These problems existed WAAAYYY before the Fractal overhaul. I remember personally exploiting Molten Boss as Engie back in the day. We’re in a better state to farm fractals for relics, which will help people transition from +5 infusions to +7, or obsidian shards and fractal potions for higher levels.

It’s cool if you guys want to spend two hours doing random fractals like we used to back when fractals were randomized, but do that on your own time and leave the farmers out of this.

Not true. Also farming a boss should only be possible at lower levels or with a premade experienced group. Not by exploiting the same fractal over and over again at high levels. High levels are meant for a challenge…not farm…

And I want to repeat this: Absolutely no one’s forcing you to join LFGs for Swamp or Molten Boss.

At high levels searching for a challenging fractal is almost impossible and takes a very long time. Also players who can’t clear them shouldn’t be at that level but they are able to reach high leveles because of exploits.

inb4
“But no one wants to join my obscure fractal because Swamp and Molten Boss are faster
“But no one wants to carry me through Cliffside or Fire Shaman so I can get my vet/master chest for skins

To complete 3 or 4 random fractals for a level increase adressed the carry problem. You would reach a fractal where noone could be carried so you would fail. This barrier was clearly visible in the old system where the mid lvles would get harder and harder untill the barrier was passed and it would get easier again because everyone pulled his weight.

Reminder that people only did dungeons because it was the most profitable, now look where it stands now. Changing the only reason people do fractals in the first place, months after it was updated, would return it to being a desolate just as it was pre-dungoen nerf.

It was not desolate at all… but this is the part I really dont understand from Anet. Dungeons are meant to be farmed. Hard at first but because of practise gets easier and easier. Fractal were meant to be the challenging offset to this with the increased difficulty. I hope they dont go for raids as the most challing content available because just like with dungeons it will be on farm shortly…

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They balanced the exp you gain for longer fractals but not the rewards…hope they fix this too…

… but exp is literally useless now.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Players have been doing this in dungeons for a long time. Why would you not expect these exploits to be found and used in fractals now? I saw this coming as soon as Anet announced their change in dungeon rewards and pushing the players towards fractals. Since the main reason for doing these activities for many of these players who exploit is simply to make money, the quicker the better. If you want to experience these instances as the developers intended them to be, I am sure these exploiters would be happy not to have you in their party. Is is sad, yes. But this game is becoming more about making money and less about the content. Is it the developers fault or the nature of our community … I dunno.

Honestly, if say it’s more the developers than the players. ANET knows about these problems already or they have been around so long they should. Shatterer I think is a great example of a fight that should be hard but instead is so laughably easy a baby could do it as long as they are positioned on that rock, and it took forever to finally fix the chest exploit on the Golem World Boss.

The problem with leaving content and exploits on popular content/money making content is that eventually it becomes the meta and correct way to do things.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Shatterer I think is a great example of a fight that should be hard but instead is so laughably easy a baby could do it as long as they are positioned on that rock

Since you only have two weeks left to find this out.. the rock is completely unnecessary for the Shatterer fight. You can stand right under his nose and still never get hit by anything, because the real issue is that Shatterer is vulnerable to Blind, making all of his attacks miss.

The only attack that can hurt you standing under his nose is when he descends from flying, because he flies long enough for Blind effects to wear off. Even that attack can be negated by Blind if a canny thief is dropping Black Powder on his permanent hitbox (the one that you can still damage him using when he flies/heals, that most people don’t know about because they’re standing on a rock).

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

It was not desolate at all… but this is the part I really dont understand from Anet. Dungeons are meant to be farmed. Hard at first but because of practise gets easier and easier. Fractal were meant to be the challenging offset to this with the increased difficulty. I hope they dont go for raids as the most challing content available because just like with dungeons it will be on farm shortly…

Yeah, unfortunately for some of you…fractals are the new dungeons. Hard at first but clearly meant to be farmed infinitely, which is why we have dailies for them. If you want a real challenge you will have to raid.

The problem with developing this kind of content is that you simply can’t have it all. It’s like a triad of Challenge, Fun and Re-playability where you can only pick two elements.