Flame Temple Tombs

Flame Temple Tombs

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

This open world mini-dungeon that has been here since launch, as I recall, was a ton of fun the 1st time I did it just a few days into the game. Today I went back to relive that time with a friend who had never been there. As we were doing the pre-events, two other players showed up and had also decided to tackle this meta-event chain and the mini-dungeon. All was going fine. we relearned all the mechanics of the dungeon with the pressure plate traps, the icy torches and bubbles, all the unique things in this dungeon. Then we go to the part with the statues with the missing sword, I noticed a chest was there, I figured this is new and was put here to convince some people that they had beat the dungeon. But I knew you could go further and take the sword down there and open the gate and fight a boss and then get loot for beating it. But it would seem somewhere along the line a patch broke the game so you can not take bundles in the water. It was when I realized this, I knew the chest was there to compensate for not being able to complete the dungeon. THIS IS NOT ADEQUATE COMPENSATION. All four of us were incredibly disapointed we could not complete what had taken us about half an hour preparing for. I would greatly appreciate it if this was fixed. With 1600 hours of play time, I would proudly say with all the mechanics in this mini-dungeon so well hidden in the game I would rate this as probably one of the best memories I had in my gw2 experience.

Attachments:

Flame Temple Tombs

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

That chest has always been there since betas and unless they changed it since last week you can still do this mini-dungeon because I did it with some newbie guildies. That chest is not a “we’re sorry” thing.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Flame Temple Tombs

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

then explain to me how to take the sword in the water without it dissapearing

Flame Temple Tombs

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

Did you try to take the sword into the water? This is the only bundle that works both on land and underwater. It’s freaking amazing! It has 5 skills on land and 5 skills underwater. I ran around with it for a long time while completing stuff in the area since it does great damage. It even has a long range Leap skill, which, together with my Blink, makes me the fastest person in the game.

Wondrous Achiever \o/

(edited by Preyar.6783)

Flame Temple Tombs

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

did the mini-dungeon yesterday and it worked perfectly. even took the sword myself, no problems underwater. must’ve been a glitch in your run, not a general problem.

Flame Temple Tombs

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

possible bug for engineer maybe? ill have to try it later on another character

Flame Temple Tombs

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Did the dungeon a few weeks ago with my engi, can confirm that engi cannot take the sword bundle into water. I had to call in a warrior friend to help with it.

Flame Temple Tombs

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

apologize, and delete this topic.

Flame Temple Tombs

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I just did it twice today, once on my necro and once on my engi. Idk what you guys are doing differently, but it’s working ok for me.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…