FoTM: Molten Boss Exploit?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Drive.3809

Drive.3809

In the molten boss fractal, a player may jump from the ledge and skip the first boss, bringing their entire team to the end boss instantly. It takes under 5 minutes to complete the entire fractal, and it’s farmed repeatedly. Is this considered an exploit? I would like clarification, please.

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

It might be an exploit, but at the moment everyone does it, and I don’t see Anet banning so many players for that.

Also there has been no response from Anet so far. If they would really consider it as a severe exploit, they would have deactivated molten boss fractal or something.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Talking about it is the exact opposite than what they’ve done in the past. Ask the people exploiting food at launch how much warning they got. Don’t do it. It takes <3 mins to kill the trash and your account will be safe.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Too late, they jumped already. Noooooooo

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

Talking about it is the exact opposite than what they’ve done in the past. Ask the people exploiting food at launch how much warning they got. Don’t do it. It takes <3 mins to kill the trash and your account will be safe.

I probably wouldn’t mind killing the trash that much if it wasn’t immune to 80% of my damage for no reason.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I probably wouldn’t mind killing the trash that much if it wasn’t immune to 80% of my damage for no reason.

I was playing a burn guardian before the expansion came out. I feel your pain.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

1. Nerf Effigy HP and toughness to old values.
2. Horray, it worth killing!

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Not much you can do, when someone jumps ship and you get teleported without anything you can do about it. I don’t mind killing the Effigy, but there’s always someone that jumps across and you get beamed over by Scotty.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

It’d be an ok farm if killing effigy yeilded a chest every time, but this is a once-per-day chest and multiple runs killing more effigy’s don’t give rewards.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

The whole teams gets teleported so you can’t really stop one person to make everyone skip the trash. It’s not just high lvls, every single run on lvl 10 has jumpers now.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

If people don’t want to kill it for the reward maybe anet should do something about that, If people don’t want to kill it because the fight is boring or just not engaging for them maybe they should do something about that in the meantime the only reasonable thing to do is play fallout 4.

Mallis.4295

If people don’t want to kill it for the reward maybe anet should do something about that, If people don’t want to kill it because the fight is boring or just not engaging for them maybe they should do something about that in the meantime the only reasonable thing to do is play fallout 4.

Or because both of my mains are condi with burn as their main damage source.

Imaging how kittened people would be if anet added a mandatory trash champion that was immune to physical damage.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Or because both of my mains are condi with burn as their main damage source.

Imaging how kittened people would be if anet added a mandatory trash champion that was immune to physical damage.

I understand if you are surprised when you first face something that is immune to burning but if you go there a second time with a build built around burning it was your own fault. You knew it would be immune, you went in with a burning build anyway.

Sounds like you took a knife to a gunfight repeatedly and were still upset that you got shot.

Mallis.4295

Sounds like you took a knife to a gunfight repeatedly and were still upset that you got shot.

More like I just jumped over the side because all my ascended gear is condi.

Posted by: Aizza.4950

Aizza.4950

So does anyone know if this is an exploit. I got into multiple instances where someone just jumped and I had no choice but to get yanked with them. I don’t want to be banned but I did enjoy how fast I could pick up relics

Guild Officer|Head Recruiter|Strait Outta Kryta [KRTA]
SBI NA Fight Guild|4 WvW Raids/week Mail me for info
Champion Illusionist|Champion Shadow|Champion Magus|Champion Paragon|Champion Genius