FoTM questions

FoTM questions

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Q:

I have some questions.

1. If I want the best gear should I just be doing FoTM since the other dungeons don’t give you ascended gear.

2. Do you have to go through all 4 levels in FoTM to get a higher personal level or can I do just 1 then quit then do another 1 and quit, etc.

3. Do I have to have ascended gear to get AR

4. What is the cheapest or fastest way to get AR.

5.Do you really get ascended gear in chest at 10 and higher even numbers? If so does your personal rank have to be 10 or does the level have to be 10.

Thank you

FoTM questions

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

A:

I started running level 10 fractals when I was personal level 2~10 so that I could get used to agony mechanics, so it’s good practice.

However if you want the fastest way to level up your personal level, you should do odd numbers because even numbers have a final Jade Maw round. So the fastest is to just do 1-3-3-5-5-7-7-9-9-11 to get to personal level 10, and reroll each so that you start with swamp or underwater fractal first. That way you’re guaranteed at least one fast/easy fractal.

If you do odd numbers there’s no need to ‘quit on 3rd one’ since you’ll be booted back to the starting lobby once the 3-fractal cycle is over.

EDIT: I wouldn’t recommend buying the rings. I got 4 for free and I’m only personal level 23.

EDIT #2: To answer question #1, the only thing you can get from fractals that you can’t get anywhere else is the back. You need 1350 relics to get the exotic version, and then you need 250 globs of ecto, 24 skill points, 500 more relics for the gift of ascension and I think one of those mist essence things that randomly drop from monsters for the ascended.

The rings you can get from those daily laurels, but you should be able to get at least 2 rings for free from daily fractal chest if you’re planning on farming 1850 relics unless you’re really, really unlucky.

(edited by lcpdragonslayer.7895)

FoTM questions

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

1. whatever.

2. you need to complete the 3rd fractal in odd level runs or the 4th fractal in even level runs.

3. yes.

4. run level 10 fractals 10 times. get a ring with pristines if you werent lucky. buy a versatile simple infusion at the golem vendor in the lobby.
OR
get 30 laurels, buy an amulet. get 35, buy a ring.

5. yes. from the daily chest at the end of jade maw, not the fractal end chests that appear when the boss dies. personal rank.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

FoTM questions

uberkingkong.8041

So if I’m not rank 10 in fractals should I run level 10 fractals right away or should I be doing level 9 fractals and quitting on 3rd one.

I asked question #1 because as far as I know, they don’t offer anything as good as fractals if I’m not mistaken.

Thank you for answering my questions.

FoTM questions

uberkingkong.8041

hey thanks, I just got the healing signet ring today my 2nd run on level 10 being personal rank higher than 10 (at 11 now). I never knew odd numbers didn’t have jade maw until now, for some reason I always thought people just decided to call quits or something. Thanks for useful information.