For those of us who don't only do CoF P1.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

We’re in for a rough ride.

Attachments:

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Come on, I love zerker warriors. In fact, I love anyone in berserker gear.

lcpdragonslayer.7895

CoF P1 zerker warriors =/= zerker warriors.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

cof p1 barely requires dodging which is key to zerkering most content

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I have a zerker warri for CoF, as well as CoE.. and everything else actually. why would I switch my gear? my zerker guard, mesmer, ranger, engi and thief are fine with it as well (only necro is rabid). only my zerker thor-ele struggles a bit, he feels too squishy and wants some of his knights pieces back (unfortunately transmuted my caudacus stuff and lost the stats of the old gear).

My guild even forbids zerker players in their so called organized raids, because no pro would ever wear zerker (which is why I have to ress those perfect PVT players constantly).

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I know what will happen here. They will switch to their shout healing/condi dmg/pvt tank builds and then kitten with us. Calling it right now.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I have a zerker warri for CoF, as well as CoE.. and everything else actually. why would I switch my gear? my zerker guard, mesmer, ranger, engi and thief are fine with it as well (only necro is rabid). only my zerker thor-ele struggles a bit, he feels too squishy and wants some of his knights pieces back (unfortunately transmuted my caudacus stuff and lost the stats of the old gear).

My guild even forbids zerker players in their so called organized raids, because no pro would ever wear zerker (which is why I have to ress those perfect PVT players constantly).

No problem with zerkers :P, most people here prefer zerker players. The problem lies in the people who only know how to run zerker in one dungeon- easy mode CoF. They will be in for a rude shock in the other dungeons and either die constantly or switch to kitten sets like pvt and get carried. >:( If your guild forbids zerker gear, that’s a good reason to leave.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

GEARCHECK!
Well, zerkers are better than mf users anyways, at least some contribution to party

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

GEARCHECK!
Well, zerkers are better than mf users anyways, at least some contribution to party

They just have to use this simple food.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

hammer tank warriors inc

Oceanic [LOD]

Oranisagu.3706

No problem with zerkers :P, most people here prefer zerker players. The problem lies in the people who only know how to run zerker in one dungeon- easy mode CoF. They will be in for a rude shock in the other dungeons and either die constantly or switch to kitten sets like pvt and get carried. >:( If your guild forbids zerker gear, that’s a good reason to leave.

I know, bad zerker players are annoying, but to be fair, I’ve seen just as bad players in every other dungeon. AC might be the worst case (stand your ground from a guardian? why?), but even self proclaimed experienced players in CoE can be a pain to group with. Caudacus players? I’ve met a few experienced players in there, but mostly new players who thought this is the next easiest thing after AC and are completely overwhelmed (especially when AC was still easy).
most of the time it’s not the inexperienced players who destroy the group, but those who just have no concept of playing as a team and can’t follow simple orders from the group leader.

my alts are young and need the guild commendations – that’s all I can say as to why I’m still in this guild ^^

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

hammer tank warriors inc

More likely… hush… wait for it…

THE RETURN OF THE BANNER REGEN and/or SHOUT HEAL WARR!

(cringes in the stomach)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I am dreading the coe pugs.

lcpdragonslayer.7895

CoE P1 will be fine. No dodging required.

CoE P2 and P3 however… I foresee a lot of solo vids coming.

spoj.9672

CoE P1 will be fine. No dodging required.

CoE P2 and P3 however… I foresee a lot of solo vids coming.

Im dreading the idiots on the golems for p1 though.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

because counting to 3 and evading is some serious skill

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

spoj.9672

because counting to 3 and evading is some serious skill

They still seem to struggle with things like that though. The worst is when you get some guy whos never done the path before and tries to stealth his way through the run. Gets to the golems and just keeps slaying despite being yelled at in chat to do the console. Happened the other day and I even targeted him so he had a big red cross in his face. Still didnt read or notice. So we kicked him.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’ll be nice to have more people doing other dungeons but we’ll also have more people who don’t know how to play properly since they only know CoF.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I know, bad zerker players are annoying, but to be fair, I’ve seen just as bad players in every other dungeon. AC might be the worst case (stand your ground from a guardian? why?),

You may want to roll guardian or at the very least look and see what Stand Your Ground does. Then think about why it would be useful in AC; especially after the revamp.

lcpdragonslayer.7895

@LordByron: I can tell you’ve never PuGed CoE P2/P3.

@Oranisagu: I wonder what a few seconds of stability could possibly be useful for in a dungeon where gravellings chain knock back.

Oh wait.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

This post made me lol

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

@OP: You are trying too hard to make CoE p2/p3 pugs look hard. Those pugs are generally not that bad. Sometimes there is 1 or 2 that fails in dodging. Even the best gets downed by Subject Alpha from time to time.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

@Oranisagu: I wonder what a few seconds of stability could possibly be useful for in a dungeon where gravellings chain knock back.

Oh wait.

He’s a zerker warrior. That’s why.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I’d be happy to have more zerkers in pugs. Taking 3 minutes to kill Alpha or 4 turns to kill Evolved Destroyer is ridiculous.

Odds are I’ll just do less pugging and more guild runs anyway since fast runs will be a decent way of making gold now.

And a guild that forbids zerker?! I joined my guild specifically because they all wear zerker. Makes guild missions nice too, everything melts.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I’m oh so glad when I PUG it’s usually only 1 person. Phew, dodged a bullet here.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I get the gist of where you’re trying to go with that, but you should probably just call them CoF Farmers for clarity’s sake. The looming sense of dread doesn’t come from their gear and class choices afterall, it comes from their self-imposed steady diet of waaayyy too easy content.

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

I log on to gw2lfg.com and look at the cof p1 posts just for entertainment reading peoples posts!
I find it hilarious the amount of hoops people expect random pugs to do, as if the group leader can single handedly kick somebody who doesn’t perform to their perfect expectations.

for example (and this is no exaggeration):

1. warrior or mesmer only
  2. full ascended gear (I think they mean accessories)
  3. full exotic armor/waepons
  4. full zerker gear
  5. zerker spec
  6. if warrior, dual axes or greatsword only
  7. must have flame legion sigil
  8. omnomberry food (why is this a requirement?)
  9. must have flame legion potion (you notice they don’t even use the powerful 10% ones..)
  10. die even once on any trash and kicked from party (finding another player is longer than ressing..)
  11. must have 2x available guesting servers to find an open map to start for us cos we are too uber leet to do storymode
  12. experienced only
  13. must farm for 2h+ without breaks (they don’t understand what DR does?)

hmm.. did i miss anything off?

so ye.. these players I won’t enjoy doing other dungeons with.. but we don’t have a choice :/

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

Posted by: Marrond.1385

Marrond.1385

No problem with zerkers :P, most people here prefer zerker players. The problem lies in the people who only know how to run zerker in one dungeon- easy mode CoF.

The problem of any zerker player lies when you’ve got kittenes who know better how game was meant to be played and preffer playing dungeon “the way it was intended” for 4h instead of 30min. Zerker players have absolutely no problems inside party of other zerker players – because enemies are melting. Problem starts when zerker player join to group focused on defense and healing. Healing is still poor and dmg is not sufficient to kill enemies fast enough. That’s the only diffrence between zerker and non-zerker players. In PvP your build matters. In PvE it matters to melt enemies – old principle says “it can’t kill you if it’s dead”.

I log on to gw2lfg.com and look at the cof p1 posts just for entertainment reading peoples posts!
I find it hilarious the amount of hoops people expect random pugs to do, as if the group leader can single handedly kick somebody who doesn’t perform to their perfect expectations.

for example (and this is no exaggeration):

1. warrior or mesmer only
  2. full ascended gear (I think they mean accessories)
  3. full exotic armor/waepons
  4. full zerker gear
  5. zerker spec
  6. if warrior, dual axes or greatsword only
  7. must have flame legion sigil
  8. omnomberry food (why is this a requirement?)
  9. must have flame legion potion (you notice they don’t even use the powerful 10% ones..)
  10. die even once on any trash and kicked from party (finding another player is longer than ressing..)
  11. must have 2x available guesting servers to find an open map to start for us cos we are too uber leet to do storymode
  12. experienced only
  13. must farm for 2h+ without breaks (they don’t understand what DR does?)

so ye.. these players I won’t enjoy doing other dungeons with.. but we don’t have a choice :/

I’m not hardcore CoF farmer but I can answer few of your points.
#it’s not true – warriors are seeked because they’ve highest sustained DPS but people often invite Thiefs and Rangers with berserker stuff to melt gate (gate is melted by thief in approx 2-3seconds, similar goes for ranger)
#accessories and back actualy – but it’s bullkitten if you ask me – exotics with ruby are enough, except for back – there’s no fast and easy way to get exotic or ascended berserker back.
#understandable since exotic is child easy to get and has considerably higher stats than rares – not only exotic but also with ruby orb attached inside.
#if you’re zerker you want to do dmg – you’re not something that will last long if got hit few times
#10% extra dmg in that particular dungeon for like what, 2s? not to mention it drops during CoF
#i don’t know why too but maybe they’re interested in people who’re willing to stay longer than one run – if someone uses buff it usualy means he will stay for atleast 3 runs.
#CoF is un-kitten-ab-le – literaly. If you die in CoF p1 it’s entirely your fault. Sure people are exaggerating since all should’ve been done is to throw Warbanner by one of the warriors.
#Story mode has no reward – why would anyone want to do it more than once?
#CoF is un-kitten-ab-le but it’s still too much for some people. Experienced although usualy means that you know what to do in p1 not to actualy possess any particular arcane knowledge. Although most riddiculous thing I’ve seen was requirement 8k< achievement points only
#And do you understand that with efficient running CoF DR doesn’t matter since you still get 60 gold a day in semi-casual mode? And you will earn less in the same amout of time if you do it slower so DR doesn’t apply that much. And trust me there is huge diffrence if you can make run after run after run instead of making run, looking for another guy, doing run, again waiting for another one. It’s not time efficient to change groups often.

As for flame legion potion – each run gives you 2 or 3 of these. And they’re not using 10% because one you’ve got gives 9%. 1% is bearable diffrence – 9% however is huge in comparisment to 0%. If 10% potions were cheaper players would surely use them.

(edited by Marrond.1385)

Posted by: DelOnasi.6051

DelOnasi.6051

A gem currently on gw2lfg: “PING GEAR WITH EXPERIENCE”

I guess “experienced” players weren’t enough, better bring your experienced gear. Or does that mean you have to be experienced at pinging gear?

Dungeon Master ~ Litter of Lions [Arch] Admin ~ Devona’s Rest

Vox Hollow.2736

@Vashroom
Hahaha.
Oh my god. You’re spot on, it sounds so over the top you’d think that would be parody, but I’ve seen stuff like that. I almost have half a mind to whisper them and ask if they’re kidding.

If it makes you feel any better, the community’s going to get bowled over both ways. As much as normal folks would hate to have to rub elbows with that special sort of crazy, that special sort of crazy is going to hate rubbing elbows with normal folk too. It’s going to be an uncomfortable eye-opening experience for the both of us.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

A gem currently on gw2lfg: “PING GEAR WITH EXPERIENCE”

I guess “experienced” players weren’t enough, better bring your experienced gear. Or does that mean you have to be experienced at pinging gear?

The best are the ones that say gear check no noobs experienced only in all caps, and post under the storymode section LOL

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Marrond.1385

If it makes you feel any better, the community’s going to get bowled over both ways. As much as normal folks would hate to have to rub elbows with that special sort of crazy, that special sort of crazy is going to hate rubbing elbows with normal folk too. It’s going to be an uncomfortable eye-opening experience for the both of us.

Actualy it will only end in one way. Regular players will still struggle to find party for other dungeons, while CoF farmers will have to farm all dungeons instead of one repeatedly, and for lower reward and do this everyday. Also Guardians will meet some love if you’re willing to switch to zerker but good old 3xwarrior+1xmesmer will still be good and healthy. Fact is if you already have character for farming CoF any other dungeon will be ok for you since game follows same pattern – high health pool and devastating attacks. Faster way is allways to destroy healthpool instead of taking devastating attacks in your face

(edited by Marrond.1385)

Vox Hollow.2736

I have no idea what you’re trying to say.
How did build choices get mixed in a comment about normal and crazy people? Crazy is a state of mind, Zerk is a state of pixels and numbers.

Marrond.1385

I have no idea what you’re trying to say.
How did class and build choices get mixed in a conversation of normal and completely bonkers people?

Because these completely bonkers people are the one who are actualy playing dungeons for profit. Not for “fun”. PvE in GW2 never was fun (well Aetherblade dungeon was nice, required something more than punching the sandbag, no wonder people did cry a river about it). It’s poorly designed. People who were contained in CoF until now will flood other Dungeons with their “bonkers” restrictions. So for “normal” players nothing in looking for groups will change. That’s what i’m trying to say.

Vox Hollow.2736

Oh, I see what you mean.
Don’t worry about that. If the speedrun meta was capable of controlling the pugger meta, the whole playerbase would have been converted to warriors and mesmers months ago.

Oranisagu.3706

lckittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndragonslayer.7895:

Oh wait.

sorry, I thought the sarcasm was clear.
of course I want guardians to use stand your ground. the problem is, I’ve had 3 guards in a group and NEVER gotten any stability in the whole run.
some guardians just don’t see any merit in equipping any skills that can be useful for the group.

Oranisagu.3706

sorry for double/triple post. forum seems completely bugged, quoting doesn’t work correctly and I can’t delete the doublepost. strange =)

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

1.warrior or mesmer only

and?

2.full ascended gear (I think they mean accessories)

probably pushing it a little but ascended gear minus backpiece are dead easy to get, and backpiece isn’t hard it’s just boring and involves grinding relics for the exo capacitor and then a tedious ascended grind. Personally I’m fine with weaker backpieces as long as they had a ruby jewel in them.

3.full exotic armor/waepons

this is perfectly fine.

4.full zerker gear

this is also fine, and to be honest should be common sense, but of course, most people want to “play how they want to play” which equals mf and other scrub gear.

5.zerker spec

uh… ok?

6.if warrior, dual axes or greatsword only

You mean all of them right? Not just one or the other? I don’t see what’s wrong with this either, without greatsword you can’t hundred blades, and without axe you can’t eviscerate and use the nice fast auto attack.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Something is wrong with posting..

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Yeah.. I kittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkitt

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

colesy.8490

7.must have flame legion sigil

ideally, it would be a night sigil on the greatsword and mainhand axe and smothering on the off-hand. I don’t really see the big deal about spending 6s on sigils anyway.

8.omnomberry food (why is this a requirement?)

Pretty strange requirement, but that’s just the lfg being helpful. If you’re going to sit and farm, you might as well have a nice 40%+ gold find to make the farming more worth it for you.

9.must have flame legion potion (you notice they don’t even use the powerful 10% ones..)

A powerful potion is a 10% damage increase and 10% decrease to damage taken. Considering the potent potions come free with the dungeon, there is no excuse not to use these.

10.die even once on any trash and kicked from party (finding another player is longer than ressing..)

well, good thing there’s barely any trash then.

11.must have 2x available guesting servers to find an open map to start for us cos we are too uber leet to do storymode

well yes, if you’re farming you want to get in the dungeon asap.

12.experienced only

well yes, you don’t want bad players with you. and while experienced players trivialise the dungeon, if you get a bad group which is fully optimised, you actually stand a chance of getting wiped because the mobs will just melt the scrubs who don’t know what they’re doing.

13.must farm for 2h+ without breaks (they don’t understand what DR does?)

DR doesn’t afect the chests or silver dropped from the bosses.

so before you act outraged at all of these requirements, just realise that they’re mostly things you should be doing anyway, are cheap or easy to get (sigils, zerker gear) and don’t actually take that much effort to do. but sure, you sit there mad because we won’t take players running unoptimised builds.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

But then those groups that act like they’re hot kitten don’t even get under 8 minute runs

I have nothing against CoF Farming in general, but the pug community for it is like 90% godawful players and 10% good

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

what I call a good player, one who is serious about efficiency, is not one who expects this from other players, but “leads by example”.
ie, using the best available gear, pots, and small things like using the waypoints form the minimap for faster traversing the dungeon.
NOTE: waypoints used from the minimap (at full zoom in) are instant, no loading time.

I try my best to maximize my personal performance, but don’t start whining at other players who don’t do the same. This way if my personal performance is higher than some players in the group, overall performance is not less than par. (if that makes any sense, picking up the slack as it were)

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

colesy.8490

That’s why you add the good farmers to your contact list so you can all team up when you want to do some farming.

Ignoring that point though, asking for experienced players, zerk gear, pings, etc. is the only way we really have of mitigating the chance of our party sucking, and at least if the pugs in your group do suck, their gear can carry them to an extent (unless they’re the mesmer, in which case lord have mercy if you were expecting them to reflect the turrets and effigy knockdowns properly without you having to use a dodge, bad mesmers can get the party wiped)

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

GEARCHECK!

They just have to use this simple food.

GOD D*kittkittkittkittkitt*IT! Someone beat me to it!!

Vox Hollow.2736

so before you act outraged at all of these requirements, just realise that they’re mostly things you should be doing anyway, are cheap or easy to get (sigils, zerker gear) and don’t actually take that much effort to do. but sure, you sit there mad because we won’t take players running unoptimised builds.

I think you’re misreading the tone a bit.

Absolutely nobody’s sitting there stewing in angry jealously over the fact they don’t get the vaunted privilege of spending the next 2 solid hours in a monotonous grind with Fuhrer Fastidious. It’s more like the sort of thing you greet by raising both eyebrows and a ‘yeah, you go have fun with that’ before moving right along.

If that sort of thing is the subject of ridicule, it’s not because of some ulterior motive to abate hurt feelings of rejection, it’s because it’s genuinely ridiculous.

colesy.8490

But it’s not ridiculous. If these people on gw2lfg just write “optimised build and gear, experienced only, farm 2h+” they’re basically saying all 12 of those points, it’s just people seem to need to be reminded what they need for their cof p1 builds hence requests for smothering, zerker, etc. etc.

Vox Hollow.2736

Not the give you the impression I’m just super duper A-Ok with the rest of it.

But, let’s not etcetera etcetera some of the more disturbing parts of that. That list includes; the daily guesting limit, an upfront threat, and teacher having to write you a hall pass to go take a bathroom break.

If that’s not registering a 4.GTFO on your crazyometer, I just don’t what to say.

Posted by: Rammie.2843

Rammie.2843

But it IS ridiculous.

Then again, it is your own choice to limit yourself as players. And I sincerely hope the change in how rewards will work, will hit the mindless zerker hard. To see them forced to enter a new world where they may need different abilities, clueless on how they work. The advantages other professions can bring… The revelation that hopefully follows after getting stomped again and again..

Yes, I am petty for the sole reason of zerker nabs spouting their visual garbage on gw2lfg.

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

But it IS ridiculous.

Then again, it is your own choice to limit yourself as players. And I sincerely hope the change in how rewards will work, will hit the mindless zerker hard. To see them forced to enter a new world where they may need different abilities, clueless on how they work. The advantages other professions can bring… The revelation that hopefully follows after getting stomped again and again..

Yes, I am petty for the sole reason of zerker nabs spouting their visual garbage on gw2lfg.

That’s the thing in this game, you don’t need anything additional as a zerker to do CoE, Arah, HotW, fractals, etc. Dodge, attacks with evade, aegis, reflecting/absorbing projectiles, LOSing, pulling, all those skills/tactics will still apply in any dungeon.

Universal trend of zerkers forced to start wearing PVT/Clerics/Knights, traiting to have more toughness/healing power/vit in order to complete dungeon content? Hardly, only the bad ones will. Don’t be surprised to still see a plethora of “zerker required” descriptions in lfg posts in all the dungeons.

Back on topic, it is going to suck a bit in places like CoE and what not. I’m already seeing it with CoE pugs, hearing comments like “can you make more money here than CoF” and what not. There will be a brutal period of worse pugs than usual, but like all PVE content, it’s all about muscle memory and knowing the script of a dungeon. It’ll smooth out eventually.

(edited by ForGreatJustice.3452)