For those of us who don't only do CoF P1.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

@OP: You are trying too hard to make CoE p2/p3 pugs look hard. Those pugs are generally not that bad. Sometimes there is 1 or 2 that fails in dodging. Even the best gets downed by Subject Alpha from time to time.

Maybe you’ve had better luck than me, but I’ve had to solo 71 P2/P3 Subject Alphas when the rest of the party wiped within the first 2 or 3 delayed AoEs.

I’ve no doubt I’ll reach the 100 mark by Christmas.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

…more toughness/healing power/vit in order to complete dungeon content? Hardly, only the bad ones will.

> implying there’s only a few “bad ones”….

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

@LordByron: I can tell you’ve never PuGed CoE P2/P3.

daily pug

70% runs are very smooth….
You can see the result at first door…if people don t stack …expect the worse.
Its not thakittens so vital stacking there, but more that is a convention to see if players did the path before or not.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

People seems to miss the fact, that soon COF p1 zerker runners will have other dungeons “sorted out”. Instead of repeating COF p1 10 times, they will start with it, jump to say AC p3 (my personal favourite when it comes to leveling chars), followed by COF p2, then jump to a different one and so on…

Soon they will give us a list of dungeon paths sorted by the time/skill required to finish it. Right now we know COF p1 is at the top (least time / skill needed).

I await the patch day, while already doing my COF p1 + p2 once a day on my two chars (for tokens)

Posted by: Marrond.1385

Marrond.1385

People seems to miss the fact, that soon COF p1 zerker runners will have other dungeons “sorted out”.

Uh other dungeons are already sorted out in terms of speedruning. Now there will just be quick research about min/max route and if certain paths can be do even faster.

Posted by: ccspokai.6941

ccspokai.6941

nerf will never stop us farmer to mess up the TP
never had and never will

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Best post i saw was :

LFM Cof path 1 NO ZERK WARRIORS OR MESMERS !

Posted by: ccspokai.6941

ccspokai.6941

Best post i saw was :

LFM Cof path 1 NO ZERK WARRIORS OR MESMERS !

engineers ONLY ! we doing extended run for 1 hour !
no gear requirement ! green are most welcomed !

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

they will probably spend 1 hour extended or not

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I can’t wait to get some people with decent gear for my AC runs. even the so-called mindless CoF farmers are a lot better than most people you meet in AC. I love the dungeon, but at least half of my pugs have no idea how to play the game or the dungeon (including 10k AP players etc).
CoE is not that hard, CoF farmers will very quickly adapt. at least those players already know how to follow builds/videos and optimize their damage. that’s a lot more than most other players ever will do when running dungeons.

tl;dr: I prefer someone with decent gear who can follow videos/tutorials and some instructions over some know-it-all PVT ranger who wipes the group because he doesn’t understand the core mechanics of the game.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

nerf will never stop us farmer to mess up the TP
never had and never will

mostly because that are market flippers that can get just 10X than any farmer without even playing the game :|

Farmers just are there to get money for their stuff that will be soulbound in the end thus will disappear.

WHo mess up the TP is who try to control the market. not who is forced to buy from them that actually are both farmers than non farmers.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Marrond.1385

Marrond.1385

mostly because that are market flippers that can get just 10X than any farmer without even playing the game :|

Poor market flippers invested half year ago in molten cores and it didn’t pay off

(including 10k AP players etc).

AP only means how many times someone did checklist everyday. If you do all daily achievements every day and monthly you’re getting 590ap/month. And you don’t even have to play game much. Just enter WvW run a bit, join PvP for few matches and do other daily meaningless stuff that doesn’t increase your game experience in any possible way.

(edited by Marrond.1385)

Posted by: Dajas.4715

Dajas.4715

I log on to gw2lfg.com and look at the cof p1 posts just for entertainment reading peoples posts!
I find it hilarious the amount of hoops people expect random pugs to do, as if the group leader can single handedly kick somebody who doesn’t perform to their perfect expectations.

for example (and this is no exaggeration):

1. warrior or mesmer only
  2. full ascended gear (I think they mean accessories)
  3. full exotic armor/waepons
  4. full zerker gear
  5. zerker spec
  6. if warrior, dual axes or greatsword only
  7. must have flame legion sigil
  8. omnomberry food (why is this a requirement?)
  9. must have flame legion potion (you notice they don’t even use the powerful 10% ones..)
  10. die even once on any trash and kicked from party (finding another player is longer than ressing..)
  11. must have 2x available guesting servers to find an open map to start for us cos we are too uber leet to do storymode
  12. experienced only
  13. must farm for 2h+ without breaks (they don’t understand what DR does?)

hmm.. did i miss anything off?

so ye.. these players I won’t enjoy doing other dungeons with.. but we don’t have a choice :/

Best comment i read in gw2lfg the other day was all the usual zerk, worrier, ping ect rubbish with an added bounes off must have a minimum of 5k ap?
I would love to know the logic behind that!

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I run CoE all paths with a berserker warrior, does any of this this apply to mee? :/

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

That’s right we are coming. OP are you afraid of being replaced in your other less effective farms? And if I want to run any other dungeons any path then gosh golly I can use of my other 8 toons. I am one of those people who post "Must have axe/mace, smother and night/Full gear " because it kitten es me off when i have to carry you through due to your pansy damage. You slow down runs. So why waste peoples time? Sure, there will be a drop in number or farmers, but who knows maybe 6 mins for 2 champs + tokens will still be worth the farm

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

T because it kitten es me off when i have to carry you through due to your pansy damage. You slow down runs. So why waste peoples time?

CoF Path 1 Farm: it’s some hardcore kitten srs bzness.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

That’s right we are coming. OP are you afraid of being replaced in your other less effective farms? And if I want to run any other dungeons any path then gosh golly I can use of my other 8 toons. I am one of those people who post "Must have axe/mace, smother and night/Full gear " because it kitten es me off when i have to carry you through due to your pansy damage. You slow down runs. So why waste peoples time? Sure, there will be a drop in number or farmers, but who knows maybe 6 mins for 2 champs + tokens will still be worth the farm

Hilarious

Posted by: MamoN.2745

MamoN.2745

August 6 will be everywhere – lfg / LFM zerker warr . The only thing that will change it will be in a group of guardian but not everywhere.

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

August 6 will be everywhere – lfg / LFM zerker warr . The only thing that will change it will be in a group of guardian but not everywhere.

Add spotter/frost spirit sw/wh ranger to LFG requests. I started running mine in my organized CoE groups. I had to convince my friends a bit, til they finally decided to humor me . We consist of 1mes, 2warr, 1LH ele, and X (X is me swapping in warr, guard, ranger, or thief). We are all full zerker, without cheating in a nonzerker piece.

Fastest clears we achieve are without a doubt with me being on ranger, and I feel I play her the worst out of all my characters.

Back on topic, like I said a while ago, lfg posts requesting zerker setups will migrate to other dungeons. People are already clearing them in full zerk, so the farmers will also continue to request them when they do their optimal dungeon daily clears.

(edited by ForGreatJustice.3452)

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I like how half of the people posting in this thread complain about elitists, yet nitpick other people’s LFG posts while missing the point of their farm.

Well excuse me, but I don’t like carrying PVT carebears, who hate on zerker gear because of their own inability to dodge boss attacks.

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Actually most people missed the joke and assumed that I was referring to all zerker warriors in general as opposed to the ones who only ever do CoF P1 who will be going down every 5 seconds in other dungeons where you have to do a bit more than stand there and 100b.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Fastest clears we achieve are without a doubt with me being on ranger, and I feel I play her the worst out of all my characters.

I have yet to try CoE on my ranger. How do you keep your pet alive and doing some DPS then? During the Alpha fights I mean.

(edited by stof.9341)

ForGreatJustice.3452

I have yet to try CoE on my ranger. How do you keep your pet alive and doing some DPS then? During the Alpha fights I mean.

If we’re talking about path 2 and 3 Alphas, the pet health buffs over subsequent patches can make your pet take 2 ice spikes (I think, can’t recall exactly). With proper group stacking the earth spikes will not hit your pet. I use jungle stalker and jaguar. I swap pets after that 2nd spike (pet is almost dead around then) and rinse and repeat. However the pets may die on the 2nd and 3rd Alpha fight, but by then Alpha is nearly dead.

Ranger personal DPS isn’t the sole nor main contributor to group damage, that’s the job of spotter + frost spirit with the improved activation trait.

stof.9341

Well I know the role of ranger but no matter what, a live pet is still more DPS than a dead pet :p

So I guess it means Alpha dies fast enough that it’s not much of a problem then. It does require a real melee DPS group though as I feared.

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Well I know the role of ranger but no matter what, a live pet is still more DPS than a dead pet :p

So I guess it means Alpha dies fast enough that it’s not much of a problem then. It does require a real melee DPS group though as I feared.

I think I’ve had one group that didn’t stack melee for alpha. We wiped. I convinced them to stack melee on the next try. A few constantly downed and were eventually defeated, but made it through to the end without fully wiping. This has happened once. It was yesterday.

If this is what pug groups are going to be like for a while, may god help us all.

Also, has anyone tried an all 5 ranger group for CoE1 and tried to activate the panel with all 5 at once with just pets defending?

stof.9341

Well all my CoE fights were done with melee stacking recently. Pugs learn. Still by real melee DPS team I meant a group that actually has good DPS and not just 5 players that go melee with their suboptimal gear and stats traited for long range weapons

Something like the TA Story mode pug group I got the other day that packed so much DPS the nightmare summoner boss just died before the nightmares could drop half th HP of any of us and we actually managed to kill Faolain and not just drive her away Sadly, she doesn’t loot anything special.

Pugs are random. Sometimes (very rarely though), you get the group that cannot even finish an average dungeon run. Other times you somehow get 5 players that know their job and pack some high DPS builds and you then understand how much it changes and that most dungeons are NOT hard after all.

ForGreatJustice.3452

Even suboptimal groups can still kill Alpha cleanly if they stack on him and of course dodge/evade when appropriate. It’ll just take longer.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I actually think those cof warrior will be pretty good players because many of them play this game like a 2nd job.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

Yeah, i agree with laokoko. The cof warriors’ approach, is optimized builds and efficient runs. With that mentality and approach they will get the hang of it soon.
Ofc pretty much everyone sucks their first time on a new path.

Posted by: Mammad.1542

Mammad.1542

It doesn’t matter what the warrior does in PvE, but in CoF p1, you need to have 2 things, the skill and the build. trust me, some warriors don’t even know when and how to use FGJ.

You Little Rebel, I Like You ;)