For you Raiders out there.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Discordian.5384

Discordian.5384

Disclaimer: I am not, nor do i Claim to be a PVE’r I Honestly Don’t know what you guys are looking for as Far as PVE content.

However I was Thinking since you guys want big Guild PVE what about Dungeons that Consisted of Multiple Bosses/Events occurring simultaneously with Different pass/fail results leading up to the end bosses.

How it would work would be a Guild would Purchase access using to the Dungeon Via Influence from Politics 5 upgrades (currently non existent) as Long as your Guild had the Upgrade active X+5 number of Guild members could enter depending on the dungeon.

Upon entrance your groups would be split up by environmental factors, cut scene related choices, And such so that each group would only have 5 people.

The Encounters within the dungeon would effect other groups or the way the dungeon was tackled. For example 4 Groups A,B,C,D Group B Fails Boss/event 3 Resulting in a Collapsed Pillar which Group D can cross to Continue the Fight and save them But only If Group D already Completed their Previous event Successfully.

the Events would Not Start over if you failed and your guild would just have to deal with the consequences such as Mobs from Group A’s Events Becoming Spawns in Group C’s events upon A’s failure. The end Bosses would all Play out differently depending on how each Groups made it through their events.

What do you guys think?

Posted by: Kevin.2176

Kevin.2176

That sounds wonderful but it is slightly unrealistic from a $60 non-sub game.

Posted by: They.9516

They.9516

@Discordian, That’s a wonderful idea and I’m almost positive it’ll be something they tackle in the future, be sure to post this in the suggestions forum or ask to have it moved.

@Kevin, subscription games are greedy money thieves. they make millions upon millions in profit that DO NOT GO to developers, developing new content, general work force. The majority of cash that subscription games make go to CEO’s high executives, and into the bank that way stockholders stay happy. You obviously don’t know how money works in the real world so you should just avoid speaking on the matter.

Posted by: Kevin.2176

Kevin.2176

@Kevin, subscription games are greedy money thieves. they make millions upon millions in profit that DO NOT GO to developers, developing new content, general work force. The majority of cash that subscription games make go to CEO’s high executives, and into the bank that way stockholders stay happy. You obviously don’t know how money works in the real world so you should just avoid speaking on the matter.

So you are suggesting there are more incentives to regularly release large (in this case massive) content updates for a game that receives no revenue after its initial sale?

I guess you are right I misunderstood how money works in real life after all.

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

@They

That… is not how the more successful companies work, and even if they did work that way, publishers of free-to-play games would not work any differently.

It sounds as if you are incredibly biased, but all developers make games to make money (and to follow their dreams, sometimes). Free-to-play developers are no different.

Discordian.5384

I would rather the thread Discuss the Goods/Bad points of my idea and any improvments you guys can suggest and keep that discussion flowing

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Rip out raid replace those ideas inside open world dungeon and you got yourself a deal.

Discordian.5384

Well Dead its Not a Raid. The reason i suggest Guild Only is because it Gives PVE guilds that sense of End game content to be completed that uses Large groups, Trust of your guilds capabilities, Strategic Play including accepting Failures In order to switch Group positioning to better conquer the upcoming challenges.

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

this is an amazing idea.

Discordian.5384

I’m Liking the positive Feedback on this .. any Criticisms are welcome.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

+1

The idead is awesome

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)