FotM Colossus Bug

FotM Colossus Bug

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

While doing FotM, we got colossus as our third fractal, right before maw. We got to the arm seals, and destroyed the left one, but it said it still had a tiny tiny fraction of health left. We broke the right one, then after, and got the message “Destroy the final seal” or whatever. Well, the gate was still closed and the left seal still had health..

At this point, we went over with the hammer, saw there was one chanter remaining on the left side and broke the already destroyed left seal. Still, the gate was closed. We decided to try to jump off to wipe, hoping to reset the arm seals, which they did in fact reset to full health. However, since we had already completed it, no enemies spawned, and we were forced to leave right before the end of our fractal run because of a stupid bug.

Really? I’m so glad Anet is busy putting in things like the living story, SAB, and a bunch of PvP nerfs (which have a greater effect on PvE…skills really need to be split to prevent this…but that’s for a different post…) instead of focusing on fixing bugs in current parts of the game that make people waste an hour or two on a fractal run for nothing.

FotM Colossus Bug

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Anet has different teams that specialize in different areas of the game. You don’t want someone who specializes in living story lore to balance fractals… Other things like SAB and pvp balance DON’T affect fractals. Those other teams never touched fractals to begin with and their contributions wouldn’t make a difference.

The more you know: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-outlines-guild-wars-2-live-game-development/

(edited by Lightrayne.7829)

FotM Colossus Bug

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

I’m not saying I want other people to focus on those things. I’m saying if they’re going to have these different teams, they need more people/teams focusing on currently bugged material.

FotM Colossus Bug

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

I’m not saying I want other people to focus on those things. I’m saying if they’re going to have these different teams, they need more people/teams focusing on currently bugged material.

The first fallacy of laymen discussing software development is the idea that more people results in faster progress. This is actually untrue of almost anything that involves skilled labor. The reason is simple. Any competent manager prioritizes assigning the best candidates first. If you have extra people left over, they are by definition the less qualified people, and each additional person you add is less qualified than the one before him. The average performance is rapidly diluted and when taken to an extreme, at some point the team as a whole starts to introduce more bugs than they are fixing. Much has been written on the subject but you can take this article for example.

http://www.qsm.com/process_improvement_01.html

TLDR having more people on a team results in more bugs, not just more fixes.

FotM Colossus Bug

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

As a corollary to that, consider the Mythical Man-Month.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

Many people think, “Just get more people working on the project, that should speed it up.” However, more often than not, this actually slows the overall project down because the newly introduced people to the team must familiarize themselves with the project and to get on board with all of their new teammates.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle