FotM, I want to buy fractal weapons!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Forkada.8376

Forkada.8376

I`m already done about 700 fractals and once recieved Fractal Speargun. Only 1 weapon…..
Dear,Anet! Do u have any plans to add vendor with fractal weapons? or new design of reward in fractals?

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

700 Fractals, assuming an even spread of uneven and even fractals means: 100 times uneven, and 100 times even, means that you’ve done 100 dailies.

The fact that you’ve only gotten a single weapon while doing 100 dailies probably means that you’ve only done low level Fractals (<30 and probably a lot of <20 as well, where weapons don’t even drop), not even taking into account the <10’s you’ve done.

If you want a Fractal weapon, I’d suggest you start running lvl 20+ and work your way towards lvl 48, where the weapon drop rate is around 15-20%. By the time your level is high enough, you’ll probably have gotten 2 or 3 weapons already.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Harrahou.4518

Harrahou.4518

700 Fractals, assuming an even spread of uneven and even fractals means: 100 times uneven, and 100 times even, means that you’ve done 100 dailies.

The fact that you’ve only gotten a single weapon while doing 100 dailies probably means that you’ve only done low level Fractals (<30 and probably a lot of <20 as well, where weapons don’t even drop), not even taking into account the <10’s you’ve done.

If you want a Fractal weapon, I’d suggest you start running lvl 20+ and work your way towards lvl 48, where the weapon drop rate is around 15-20%. By the time your level is high enough, you’ll probably have gotten 2 or 3 weapons already.

I have completed over 60 20+ dailies and the last 2o or so have only been 48’s and the odd 38. I have never gotten a skin. But I have a friend who has gotten 9 skins now and good ones from 40~ dailies, and he got 4 skins in 2 days a few weeks back. (2 daggers, an axe and hammer). Some people are just lucky and others aren’t.

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:
Oh Did That Just Happen [Mhmm]

Bright.9160

I have completed over 60 20+ dailies and the last 2o or so have only been 48’s and the odd 38. I have never gotten a skin. But I have a friend who has gotten 9 skins now and good ones from 40~ dailies, and he got 4 skins in 2 days a few weeks back. (2 daggers, an axe and hammer). Some people are just lucky and others aren’t.

20 48’s and 38’s without a skin is really bad luck though.

I think the chances (from field testing) are around 5% for lvl 28, 10% for 38’s and 15% for 48’s, but that’s just hearsay.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Harrahou.4518

20 48’s and 38’s without a skin is really bad luck though.

I think the chances (from field testing) are around 5% for lvl 28, 10% for 38’s and 15% for 48’s, but that’s just hearsay.

I dont even know why I bother with fractals… Sometimes though it seems to be the only somewhat challenging content, especially when the kitteng npcs in Ascalon fractal wont follow and behave like the slaves they are.

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

A few days ago, I got three fractal weapons in one day after doing three high level fotms (38, 48, and another 48 after reset). Granted, they were all underwater weapons. Even so, it’s still something. I do think that part of it was due to having smooth and speedy runs from first fractal to the end at Maw. The smoother the run, the better chance I seem to have gotten weapons. Also, the way Maw targets you and how many tentacles you destroy seem to be a sign if you’re going to get a weapon or not.

But let’s not forget that I’ve consistently done 1 to 2 fractals a day so of course my chance at getting weapons increases. My only advice for people who want a weapon is to keep doing those dailies 28, 30+, and 40+. Try 32 instead of 38, or 44 instead of 48. I vary my run just because I’ve been luckier that way.

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I once went 2 months without a skin doing 48’s almost every day. Then I got 3 skins in 2 days after that. The way of acquiring Fractal skins is plain stupid to be honest.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Harrahou.4518

I have no problem with how the skins are acquired, just they can’t be seen as anything prestigious. Much like anything in this game now its all about grinding and eventually maybe you will get what you’re looking for. Luckily the way I grind is an enjoyable way for me, doing dungeons, fractals and arah selling.

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

I once went 2 months without a skin doing 48’s almost every day. Then I got 3 skins in 2 days after that. The way of acquiring Fractal skins is plain stupid to be honest.

Well, it can be frustrating especially if you have a rough run like getting dredge and grawl after one another or some one messed up at Cliff Side….etc. That said, It’s still a wonderful and fun way to get rare armors and crafting mats. Definitely, I notice more rares from chests if i haven’t done world boss hunting or champs farming. So, always do FotM after resets and before hunting any bosses or champs!

Harrahou.4518

Well, it can be frustrating especially if you have a rough run like getting dredge and grawl after one another or some one messed up at Cliff Side….etc. That said, It’s still a wonderful and fun way to get rare armors and crafting mats. Definitely, I notice more rares from chests if i haven’t done world boss hunting or champs farming. So, always do FotM after resets and before hunting any bosses or champs!

Fractals is just one of those things, either you like it and want to do it, or you hate it and want to complain b/c you didn’t get the skin you want whilst farming for your rings.

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I think I’m 5/8 so far for fractal skins from 48’s

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Harrahou.4518

You mean outta 8 fotm dailies at 48 you got 5 skins? Or…

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

You mean outta 8 fotm dailies at 48 you got 5 skins? Or…

si si

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Bright.9160

Even so, it’s still something. I do think that part of it was due to having smooth and speedy runs from first fractal to the end at Maw. The smoother the run, the better chance I seem to have gotten weapons. Also, the way Maw targets you and how many tentacles you destroy seem to be a sign if you’re going to get a weapon or not.

This makes no sense at all. Drops are determined the moment you come into an instance (not sure about open world), as has been the case since GW1, and have nothing to do with smoothness/speed or anything like that. It also wouldn’t make any sense if Anet implemented it that way.

Not sure though if the potential for a weapon is determined when you start your fractals or when you zone into Maw, but I’m pretty sure it’s when zoning into Maw.

Posted by: shadowdust.2018

shadowdust.2018

I disagree.

It’s all about RNG.

I used to do 38s and 48s and I’m getting nothing.

Got busy with my job and since 38’s and 48’s are taking longer, I decided I’ll just be doing 28’s for my thief and my guardian.

Got 3 SBs, 1 dagger, 1 sword, 2 torches, 1 scepter, 1 shield, 1 mace, all from FOTM 20+.

The mace I got last week, and I am only doing FOTM once a week nowadays.

Bright.9160

I disagree.

It’s all about RNG.

Got busy with my job and since 38’s and 48’s are taking longer, I decided I’ll just be doing 28’s for my thief and my guardian.

Got 3 SBs, 1 dagger, 1 sword, 2 torches, 1 scepter, 1 shield, 1 mace, all from FOTM 20+.

It is indeed about RNG, but taking into account the chances that have been observed by many trials, it is safe to say that he will probably get a weapon if he levels up and does enough high level fractals.

As for the weapons, all of my weapons came from Fractals 30+, I’ve never gotten a weapon in 20-28. Guess that’s RNG too, or you’re the odd one out.

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

I don’t think FOTM is any different from the rest of the game – loot is generated at the time of the kill / completion of achievement. The potential for a weapon occurs when you kill Maw, just like the rewards for zone completion are calculated when you complete the zone, not when you open the chest.

Forkada.8376

I disagree.

It’s all about RNG.

It is indeed about RNG, but taking into account the chances that have been observed by many trials, it is safe to say that he will probably get a weapon if he levels up and does enough high level fractals.

As for the weapons, all of my weapons came from Fractals 30+, I’ve never gotten a weapon in 20-28. Guess that’s RNG too, or you’re the odd one out.

1 February 2013 – today! I do 38 and 48 fractal every day….. I know its only random loot! And its really uncomfortable for me and many other ppl. but it would be cool if anet add venodr or recipe in MF for fractal weapons, mb Like fractal capacitor.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I wouldn’t mind if there was a way to trade in pristine fractal relics for the weapons or to craft them, i like the idea of earning what I want instead of waiting on the random numbers to fall in my favor.

I’m not complaining about the drop rate, though i would be pretty annoyed if i got a spear gun for my guardian.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I believe I have done around 400 fractals and have roughly 7/8 fractals skins.

There really should be a better system.

RIP in peace Robert

Bright.9160

1 February 2013 – today! I do 38 and 48 fractal every day….. I know its only random loot! And its really uncomfortable for me and many other ppl. but it would be cool if anet add venodr or recipe in MF for fractal weapons, mb Like fractal capacitor.

I have a very hard time believing you’ve been doing 38 and 48 dailies since February and you have yet to get your first weapon.

Bright.9160

I don’t think FOTM is any different from the rest of the game – loot is generated at the time of the kill / completion of achievement. The potential for a weapon occurs when you kill Maw, just like the rewards for zone completion are calculated when you complete the zone, not when you open the chest.

Loot from chests (like in dungeons) is generated the moment you zone into an instance, as is the loot from enemies. This has been tested and proven back in GW1, and although I’ve not bothered to do the tests, I have seen pretty decent indications that it’s still the same in GW2, because it has the same tell-signs (very similar loot for people that join an instance almost simultaneously for example).

Now, I don’t know about the chests that pop up after you complete dailies/dungeons/maw etc, because they’re not necessarily tied to an instance (like the dailies), so those could be generated the moment you pop them (hence why the daily chest in Maw would be delayed).

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

tl;dr: RNG Wars

Forkada.8376

I have a very hard time believing you’ve been doing 38 and 48 dailies since February and you have yet to get your first weapon.

im unlucky and it is most annoying

Bright.9160

So, you’ve been doing daily fractals since February 1 2013. You say you do 38 and 48 every day too. Let’s take a look at this, shall we…

That would mean you have done 258 38’s and 258 48’s. Let’s say the chance to get a weapon is 8% in 38 and 12% in 48 (taking unlucky numbers, data has shown it’s about 10 in 38 and 15 in 48). The chance to not get a weapon 258 times in a row on a 38 is (92/100)^258 = 4.54 E-10, or about 1 in 2201610789, the chance for this to happen 258 times in a row on a 48 is (88/100)^258 = 4.74 E-15 or about 1 in 200000000000000.

Do you understand why I’m having such a hard time believing you?

Ethics.4519

So, you’ve been doing daily fractals since February 1 2013. You say you do 38 and 48 every day too. Let’s take a look at this, shall we…

That would mean you have done 258 38’s and 258 48’s. Let’s say the chance to get a weapon is 8% in 38 and 12% in 48 (taking unlucky numbers, data has shown it’s about 10 in 38 and 15 in 48). The chance to not get a weapon 258 times in a row on a 38 is (92/100)^258 = 4.54 E-10, or about 1 in 2201610789, the chance for this to happen 258 times in a row on a 48 is (88/100)^258 = 4.74 E-15 or about 1 in 200000000000000.

math is hard. anecdotal evidence is obviously easy

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I’ve been playing regularly fractals 20+ since March, stopping at 28 until end of April, where I levelled until 38. Today, 28 and 38 are still the levels I play the most even if I’m now level 49. I don’t play everyday and I don’t do systematically both 28 and 38.

I’ve half a bank tab full of fractal weapons plus the ones my characters actually have on them. Okay, my teammates consider me lucky because I have twice as many skins as them (and mostly skins that they’d use, but I don’t) for the same runs as me.

So yeah, I have a real hard time believing you, Forkada.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Crysys.1297

Crysys.1297

He’s just lying. You can argue agaisnt a lot of things, but math ain’t one of them. For those interested – these are the observed probabilities for fractal weapon drops at different lvls. I did not generate this dataset.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1cqabz/fractal_daily_reward_probabilities_calculated/

(edited by Crysys.1297)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

My anecdotal evidence is that I get about 1 weapon every 5 runs or so. I have lucky streaks where I get 3 weapons back-to-back, but I also have unlucky streaks where I go ~10 L48 dailies without getting a single weapon (not that statistically unlikely, really). It’s the nature of RNG, and it sucks, but it is what it is. If you want a fractal weapon skin, it’s what you deal with to get them.

I’m still trying to get a focus, scepter, and speargun after nearly a year.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

My record is I see 1~2 weapon in 3 runs, that is 15 chests.

Actually I’m fine with the RNG. It’s not that low. Although I must admit getting a underwater weapon is disappointing. But I’ve seen much worse in GW1, only the difference is the req, and the attributes.

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

I have gotten plenty of weapons from FOTM 48, I have run 48 quit alot but recently just stopped. Why? I have 21 weapons, guess what the one weapon, the singular one I actually want I have not gotten. I have multiples of most of them, but I have never ever gotten that one 1h sword skin I really want.

The amount of weapon drops is not too bad on 48, actually getting that skin I want seems to be impossible.

Bright.9160

I have gotten plenty of weapons from FOTM 48, I have run 48 quit alot but recently just stopped. Why? I have 21 weapons, guess what the one weapon, the singular one I actually want I have not gotten. I have multiples of most of them, but I have never ever gotten that one 1h sword skin I really want.

The amount of weapon drops is not too bad on 48, actually getting that skin I want seems to be impossible.

I’ve been trying to get the daggers for my ele for so long that they nerfed D/D and I don’t even want them anymore.

On the other hand, I’ve got 3 swords that I am incredibly happy with.

Forkada.8376

He’s just lying. You can argue agaisnt a lot of things, but math ain’t one of them. For those interested – these are the observed probabilities for fractal weapon drops at different lvls. I did not generate this dataset.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1cqabz/fractal_daily_reward_probabilities_calculated/

just read some comments in reddit and i think u can understand what i mean. Drop of fractal weapons like drop of precursor. some1 got about 5 precursors, some1 got nothing. I created that topic not for whine

Dear,Anet! Do u have any plans to add vendor with fractal weapons? or new design of reward in fractals?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Meh don’t even care about fotm skins anymore.. sooo last year. Bring in the new legendaries already.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I dont get skins. And I dont care anymore. Sure I would like the sword for my mesmer but if I do fractals these days its just for relics for backpieces.

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

Well, I done over 200 fractal runs, most of them 20-50 and only got 2 skins – spear gun and short bow, so that’s pretty bad drop rate, imo, got bank full of useless rings though.

Posted by: Crysys.1297

Crysys.1297

Well, I done over 200 fractal runs, most of them 20-50 and only got 2 skins – spear gun and short bow, so that’s pretty bad drop rate, imo, got bank full of useless rings though.

so you have 200 pristine relics sitting in your bank and only 2 weapons? id be curious to see that… also, “most” of them 20-50 is quite vague. if you really want weapon skins, then run a 48+ every day, and maybe a 38 if you have time. lower than that i don’t see much point due to the drop rate.

(edited by Crysys.1297)

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I doubt Anet will make Fractal weapons buyable because it would be admission of making a mistake. They wouldn’t do it unless they had a clever cover up story.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Bright.9160

I doubt Anet will make Fractal weapons buyable because it would be admission of making a mistake. They wouldn’t do it unless they had a clever cover up story.

Scarlet invades the Mistlock Observatory, sodomizes Dessa, poors hot wax over her nipples, forces her to marry Trahearne, then throws her broken spirit and body off of the observatory, invades the Fractals of the Mists, timegates it so you can only kill one enemy every 10 seconds, replaces every single mob by a level 79 clowncar, and makes it so that every time you do Fractals, you have to do dredge (keep in mind, every dredge spawned by the clowncar is now a lvl79 clowncar), steals all the Fractal skins and puts them on the gem store (that is secretly run by her and Kormir), but you cannot pick what weapon you get, you can only buy a “random Fractal weapon” (to stay in the spirit of Fractals). Also, before you can get a melee weapon, you get 3 underwater and/or ranged weapons first.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

All of that aside, I could actually see some terrible integration of Scarlet and a Fractal invasion.

Brazil

Ethics.4519

Scarlet invades the Mistlock Observatory, sodomizes Dessa, poors hot wax over her nipples, forces her to marry Trahearne, then throws her broken spirit and body off of the observatory, invades the Fractals of the Mists, timegates it so you can only kill one enemy every 10 seconds, replaces every single mob by a level 79 clowncar, and makes it so that every time you do Fractals, you have to do dredge (keep in mind, every dredge spawned by the clowncar is now a lvl79 clowncar), steals all the Fractal skins and puts them on the gem store (that is secretly run by her and Kormir), but you cannot pick what weapon you get, you can only buy a “random Fractal weapon” (to stay in the spirit of Fractals). Also, before you can get a melee weapon, you get 3 underwater and/or ranged weapons first.

Stop giving them ideas!

RIP in peace Robert

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

It would become the Mistclock Observatory amirite?

Brazil