FotM Rewards fix

FotM Rewards fix

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Since data shows now that the loot from fractal encryptions is abysmal and actually a gold-sink (or at least a huge waste of time, compared to SW farming), it is time to fix dungeon rewards:

Additional to all current fractal loot-systems (encryption-boxes, a.s.o.), each fractal-level rewards you with 30s+((fractal.lvl*1s)/2)
that means:
fractal.lvl 1: 30.5s
fractal.lvl 100: 80s
Also, each fractal-level rewards you with a XP chest, worth 100kXP+(fractal.lvl*1kXP)

That means, you get your daily chest by completing 3 fractals from a tier (f.e. t1), like you do currently, but if you run all levels from 1 to 20 inside that tier, you can get up to 7g05s00c extra from doing so, per day. And you’d also farm 2,21 million XP on that way…

Oh look mom, I fixed fractals.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Faoiltiarna.4271

Faoiltiarna.4271

50 s more for 100 lvl compared to lvl 1 ? What exactly does it fix? Noone want gold rewards in fractals, we want ascended drops. As a fractal player myself i rather prefer the ‘i won’t have to spend kittenload of gold for asc eq so i can run frac on alts’ type of profit.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Ascended armor really was and should have been the reward, especially if they want / expect people to have ascended in raids.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

Anet doesnt want liquid gold rewards in dungeons and fractals, so they nerfed those. What they should do, is increase the rate that we get items, to a level that we get silverwaste tier gold from selling said items

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: DrEckers.2039

DrEckers.2039

I am a big fan of making the once per account achievements for completing all fractals of a tier like 76-100 infinitely repeatable. That would always give motivation to complete every fractal level as well as a guaranteed way of obtaining fractal skins. In addition if someone does not need the skins, they can still sell the boxes at the trading post for a small profit.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I am a big fan of making the once per account achievements for completing all fractals of a tier like 76-100 infinitely repeatable. That would always give motivation to complete every fractal level as well as a guaranteed way of obtaining fractal skins. In addition if someone does not need the skins, they can still sell the boxes at the trading post for a small profit.

This is actually a decent idea.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: DrEckers.2039

DrEckers.2039

On further thought, there should probably be a limit of getting the Completion Chests at once per week. This would be to maintain relative rarity of the chests for tp reasons for those who choose to vendor the chests.

Colin if you are reading this you will not be able to come up with a simpler and more elegant solution to fix the problem of replayability of hard Fractals levels while also helping improving the poor rewards at the same time.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Howl.2498

Howl.2498

It used to be if you did 50/40/30/20 each day, you had about a 31.6% chance of getting either an ascended armor box or a weapon box, and ascended rings were so common that you’d likely get 2~4 per day. Not getting at least one ring was unheard of (less than 0.5% chance).

Now if you do all the dailies, your chance of getting either an ascended armor or weapon box is under 4% and you have a 34.5% chance of not even getting a single ring. Not even a single ring.

THAT is what’s broken, not gold rewards, not irrelevant stuff like completion chests or skins. Ascended drops have been nerfed so hard into the ground that rings only drop twice as often now as ascended chests used to.

Fix that.

(edited by Howl.2498)

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Kantalope.5037

Kantalope.5037

The lack of ascended armor/weapon drops are ridiculous if you’re working on the collection for the legendary (fractal) back piece. Unless you hoarded ascended gear pre-HoT, you’re going to be crafting gear to throw away.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Yes, the diminished drop-rates for ascended gear is definitively something that needs to be looked into.

But lets not forget that A-net spoke about a perspective shift from dungeons towards fractals as their endgame 5-man instanced content, and they directly stated that they want to reduce the rewards from dungeons, only to increase those of fractals to make this paradigm shift clear as water for the playerbase.

They completely failed to live up to this design plan since the current fractal encryption box system either yields very low rewards (5s per chest if sold directly to a NPC), or actually lets you loose money for the chance of less-than-valuable RNG drops.

Running fractals currently is not only unrewarding in terms of ascended drops, it also doesn’t give you anything worth noting to make up for the time you’ve invested there.

If it weren’t for the journal entries & the prospect of receiving a legendary backpiece at some day, there would be zero incentive to enter them currently, and even with this long-term goal in front of you, the amount of gold (and other currencies) you need to invest in ascended gear for running high-level fractals will get never compensated by said fractals under the current reward system.

I want to complete a path, receive my XP-boost at the end, open my loot chest, and collect direct cash in silver or even gold, so I get a smile on my face & humbly que up for the next fractal level.
This is a game. I paid for being entertained. Smashing into a brick-wall of (generally unrewarding) grind whenever I want to enjoy one part of this games’ endgame is not what I call entertainment.

I mean, I’m not asking to receive 100g & a red carpet under my feet wherever I walk, but I’m very certain that receiving visible progress on my currencies for playing the game is not too much to be asked for.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

Why does xp matter when there are only 3 mastery lines am I missing something, I haven’t even bothered levelling up pact commander because it’s useless, but xp seems useless as well once you have levelled up your masteries.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

Why does xp matter when there are only 3 mastery lines am I missing something, I haven’t even bothered levelling up pact commander because it’s useless, but xp seems useless as well once you have levelled up your masteries.

The pact mastery is complete garbage. The only ones you should focus on is obviously fractals and legendary one.

Back to topic I am getting annoyed at how fractals has become I was happy to seem new scales but was immediately kittened to see the mobs hit like cotton candy. WTH?! why are the boss in a fractal 80s hp sponges that tickle you?! I seem to be getting ok loot usual rings but haven’t gotten a box yet. I already invested a lot of gold re gearing my three alts for raids and 100 fractals but it seems just doing the lower tiers are better time investments.

Good job anet with the RNG loot that we have to spend on. /Sarcasm
The worst offender is the fact people can now just buy fractal skins on the TP….. WTH
I didn’t care when they were 20 pristine relics at least they had to work a bit.

(edited by Jay.1085)

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

The lack of ascended armor/weapon drops are ridiculous if you’re working on the collection for the legendary (fractal) back piece. Unless you hoarded ascended gear pre-HoT, you’re going to be crafting gear to throw away.

gj anet, punishing new players – or really anyone who has never played/hoarded hardcore in the past – is the highway to player retention.

wait…

Ele / Guardian

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Xanadu.9085

Xanadu.9085

Since the changes I’ve actually got MORE ascended drops. Getting 4 ascended armor chests, 3 of them Raiders, from doing ‘Daily Fractal Master’.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah im kind of regretting not doing more fracs before HoT now. I was hoping the rewards would be better so i could gear my alts for raids with fractals after HoT released. With the assumption i would be more appropriately rewarded for my time.

Big mistake that was lol.

And if not that i was hoping dragonite would be abundant in the jungle so i could craft if i needed to. I assume it is if you do the world bosses (havent done these yet).

Dragonite needs to awarded in fracs. And did they nerf emp fragment reward in fracs as well by the way?

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Yeah im kind of regretting not doing more fracs before HoT now. I was hoping the rewards would be better so i could gear my alts for raids with fractals after HoT released. With the assumption i would be more appropriately rewarded for my time.

And if not that i was hoping dragonite would be abundant in the jungle so i could craft if i needed to. I assume it is if you do the world bosses (havent done these yet).

Dragonite needs to awarded in fracs. And did they nerf emp fragment reward in fracs as well by the way?

It certainly feels like you get much less emp frags from fractals. I think they just cut the droprates for everything with a huge axe and added tons of nothing to it in order to bloat the drop tables.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Xp doesn’t matter since you can cof farm it much faster.
Pact commander is the best mastery at the moment. You get autoloot from it.
The legendary one is garbage because you waste a lot of time doing all those tiers and everything just for a silly precursor. You save what? 100g but grind a bunch of kittened kitten.
Fractal one gives you some things you need like +7 infusions and “supposedly” more rewards(what??) but since fractals are much worse now it doesn’t matter!

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: MonoSodiumGlutamate.4217

MonoSodiumGlutamate.4217

I spent 1hr in a 100 mai trin frac and only got 6 fractal encryption box’s….how is this a justifiable reward?

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Pact commander is anything but useless. Once last line is complete you never have to pick up loot again. That’s a huge quality of life improvement.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Kantalope.5037

Kantalope.5037

It certainly feels like you get much less emp frags from fractals. I think they just cut the droprates for everything with a huge axe and added tons of nothing to it in order to bloat the drop tables.

I’ve been trying to finish my first ascended set (made my character 23 days ago), and I’m just missing chest, legs, and 1 accessory. Empyreal fragments are what is slowing me down since nobody runs dungeons anymore. And now, I’ll have to farm at least 900 more instead of 700 more because i need to craft kitten gear to salvage in order to complete the backpack collection, because kitten ascended gear no longer drops.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I held out some hope that the journal assembled from 28 recommended daily chest pages might turn out to be worthwhile.

It comes in at a whopping 20 silver, adding an amazing 71.42 copper to the value of those chests.

I don’t know whether I should laugh or cry.

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

It used to be if you did 50/40/30/20 each day, you had about a 31.6% chance of getting either an ascended armor box or a weapon box, and ascended rings were so common that you’d likely get 2~4 per day. Not getting at least one ring was unheard of (less than 0.5% chance).

Now if you do all the dailies, your chance of getting either an ascended armor or weapon box is under 4% and you have a 34.5% chance of not even getting a single ring. Not even a single ring.

THAT is what’s broken, not gold rewards, not irrelevant stuff like completion chests or skins. Ascended drops have been nerfed so hard into the ground that rings only drop twice as often now as ascended chests used to.

Fix that.

Quoted for truth. This is why my wife and I, who’ve been running for years, have now 100% stopped. Fix it and we will run again, but not one day before.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

FotM Rewards fix

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Thanks for not running the shards, it opens up a market for us filthy Fractal Sellers as the population that runs fractals dwindles.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!