FotM: Weapon Tester Achievement

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I got hit by one shock wave but none of the other two weapons. During the final phase we manage to kill it quick enough that we (or me at least) did not take any damage. I got credit for it.

What I’m wondering is that perhaps the final phase is all that matters and you can get hit as often as you want during the other phase. It could also go by a percentage of times you can be hit, and once you pass that threshold, you don’t get credit.

So what do you think is the criteria for this? Anyone else who has gotten it want to share their experience?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Or maybe it only applies to the two “flame” weapons? It does say “Avoid being struck by molten weapon attacks”. As someone who’s still trying to get this achievement, I’d love some more information.

By the way, when exactly did the achievement pop up? When the core was destroyed? Or when the Champion was killed?

Ayrilana.1396

When the core was destroyed.

Zaxares.5419

kitten . So much for my backup plan to cheese the achievement by relogging and joining the Fractal with a fresh character after the Core was destroyed. XD

Well, nothing to do but keep your experiences in mind next time I get the Molten fractal. I’ll update this thread if I learn anything.

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

kitten . So much for my backup plan to cheese the achievement by relogging and joining the Fractal with a fresh character after the Core was destroyed. XD

Well, nothing to do but keep your experiences in mind next time I get the Molten fractal. I’ll update this thread if I learn anything.

You can jump off the cliff into the lava before the test begins and let the other 4 kill the core and you’ll get the achievement.

Zaxares.5419

Backup plan resurrected! XD

I’d still like to get it legally myself if I can, but it’s nice to know that’s an option if I get absolutely frustrated (this brings back memories of avoiding Horrik’s cannon blasts >.>).

Ayrilana.1396

That’s kind of similar to what people were doing in the aetherblade dungeon to get that one achievement for avoiding Horrik’s cannon fire. Be aware that players were being kicked for doing that. Make sure to ask for your group’s permission first.

Zaxares.5419

Oh, definitely. As I said, I want to get it legitimately if at all possible. But if months go by and I still can’t get it, I might just get together a guild group and take the plunge (literally). XD