FotM daily chest ring... where's mine?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Harum.2896

Harum.2896

I don’t get it. I see people getting ascended rings from the fractal daily chest from left and right. My mate just got his 5th ring and he has done the daily 12 times now.

Personaly I’ve done over 20 daily fractals at lvl 10+ now and I haven’t got a single ascended ring drop from the daily chest. Zero! I’m starting to have really hard time beliving this is just bad rng on my part. Is there something I’m not doing right or what? Is anyone else having this hard time obtaining these rings from the daily chests?

Thank god for the fractal relics at least so I’m going to get my 2nd ring with them tomorrow so this isnt such a big deal anymore. I’m just astonished with my bad luck and hoping for that some to would tell me that this is all normal before I go chase my infused versions.

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

it happens sometimes, you will probably get a run of good luck soon, and get a few. Trust me when you do daily every day you will get sick of them, filling up your bank slots :p

keep tring, get to 20 and you can have 2 goes a day :P

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: Bastionhawk.7120

Bastionhawk.7120

I didn’t get any for a while, then I got a good run on them. I know this is in my head but it seemed I got more rings when completing the daily on lvl 16 or 18. Now that I’m doing both 10 and 20 dailies I’m having great luck, whereas before I was not. Chin up and keep at it.

Aauryn | Sylvari Ranger
EJS I | Human Guardian
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

tbh you should be glad you dont get random crap rings you dont need and only take up bank space. Better to do 10-20 dailys and buy the 2 rings you want.

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

That’s just the nature of RNG-spawned drops.

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

I don’t get it, where are your rings? 20 dailies means 20 pristine relics, which translates to 2 rings, which is all 1 char needs.

Now I’m not saying you’re full of kitten or anything, but anet added those to help battle the rng gods.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

tbh you should be glad you dont get random crap rings you dont need and only take up bank space. Better to do 10-20 dailys and buy the 2 rings you want.

Many times this.

I don’t get it, where are your rings? 20 dailies means 20 pristine relics, which translates to 2 rings, which is all 1 char needs.

Now I’m not saying you’re full of kitten or anything, but anet added those to help battle the rng gods.

Reading comprehension. It’s a wonderful ability.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

DR & RNG combo is a pain. My advise would be to stay out of FotM for 24 to 48 hours. Then run lvl2 & 10. Equip any magic find gear you have. They have stated that magic find does not affect chest loot…..but I have gotten about 10 rings ever since I got my gear 3 weeks ago. Before that time I only droped 1 ring.

Posted by: Coast.5162

Coast.5162

so its 10 days for 1 ring, right?

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

10 daily chests = 10 pristine relics = 1 ring yes.

even fractals 10 and above

get to level 20 and you have 2 daily chest 10/20 only 5 days :P

Only problem for me now is that I have a bank full of rings, pristine relics, and fractal relics now

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

(edited by Nibiru.1423)

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

Your not doing enough fractals if you don’t have a ring yet.

I can’t get rid of the kitten things!!
These are all the unique ones I kept, I had like 5 spares and sold them!

Attachments:

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I wish my bank looked like yours. I have like eight tabs and they are all full of personal story skins and spare armor sets. I also have multiple level 80s to store for.

Posted by: Harum.2896

Harum.2896

As I said before I will get my 2nd ring tonight with the relics. I would’ve stopped fractals long time ago already if they hadn’t added the relics.

With some agony resist now, I do plan to pug fractals with my friend (with freaking 5 rings from half the chests I’ve done!) to lvl 20 and beyond where the infused rings start to drop. Just have to hope my luck makes a full turn before that or I’ll never see an infused ring.

Btw anyone know if you still get Vial of Condensed Mists after lvl 10? Or do I need to start farming those on lvl 1 at some point just to upgrade my rings in mystic forge?

Posted by: Razzy.2741

Razzy.2741

Use a glob and transmute it into 3 vials, if you need them. The recipe for mystic forge is below:

1 Glob of Mist Essence + 1 Mystic Coin + 1 Fractal Relic + 1 Master Salvage Kit = 3 Vials.

BEER Guild - Dungeon Riders

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Don’t worry, OP. When you get yours it’ll have the least useful stats for you.

Posted by: Hamrammur.7528

Hamrammur.7528

I don’t get it. I see people getting ascended rings from the fractal daily chest from left and right. My mate just got his 5th ring and he has done the daily 12 times now.

Personaly I’ve done over 20 daily fractals at lvl 10+ now and I haven’t got a single ascended ring drop from the daily chest. Zero! I’m starting to have really hard time beliving this is just bad rng on my part. Is there something I’m not doing right or what? Is anyone else having this hard time obtaining these rings from the daily chests?

Thank god for the fractal relics at least so I’m going to get my 2nd ring with them tomorrow so this isnt such a big deal anymore. I’m just astonished with my bad luck and hoping for that some to would tell me that this is all normal before I go chase my infused versions.

What class do you play? support, damage or bunker?

I have a theory, I have been doing fractls for a month with the same group using same characters, we have done over 150 fractals. The classes we have are 1 x Elementalist, 1 x Thief and 1x Warrior for DPS, 1 x Warrior as support and 1 x Guardian as bunker.

I have noticed that the 3 DPS characters have got much more luck with both drops from trash mobs, bosses and daily chests while support and bunker are not so lucky.

It has made me wonder if damage is only contributed towards rewards, while damage absorption and healing does not.

For example the guardian has got 2 rings while the thief has got 6 rings (1 infused).
The dps classes in the group seem to have much more luck when killing trash mobs as well.

The end boss chests are also bit strange, last night the dpsers all got 6-7 yellow items from the chest that spawns after Jade Maw while bunker and support got 2 – 3 yellow items.

It’s crystal clear to me that the RNG machanics in GW2 are broken, but I am starting to think there are some other factors at play here as well.

As I said this is just a feeling (theory), but feel free to comment.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

You think YOU have problems?

I would quite gladly throw these on to the streets of LA like confetti…random players who pick them up might actually get some help from it. Stupid RNG, and stupid Account Bound status. And no, I don’t consider myself lucky because they’re all worthless to me, and I would much rather give them away to someone who needs them, but I’m forced to hold on to them or vendor them for FOUR SILVER?

Attachments:

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

I’d like something to do with mine as well.

Attachments:

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

It’s uncommon but normal. You’re not doing anything wrong.

Course as you said, you’ve got the handy pristine relics which were added specifically for people that just have a string bad luck with RNG. So doesn’t really matter much.

In fact right after you get your rings with the stats you want, suddenly you’ll get rings in every other chest. =P

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

I ran until level 18 or something with 5AR and only 1 ring because I didn’t get any. I was stuck on it for 2 weeks without getting a ring (instead getting a fractal trident lol) It’s the RNG. Be thankful there are pristine fractal relics now.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

What class do you play? support, damage or bunker?

I have a theory, I have been doing fractls for a month with the same group using same characters, we have done over 150 fractals. The classes we have are 1 x Elementalist, 1 x Thief and 1x Warrior for DPS, 1 x Warrior as support and 1 x Guardian as bunker.

I have noticed that the 3 DPS characters have got much more luck with both drops from trash mobs, bosses and daily chests while support and bunker are not so lucky.

It has made me wonder if damage is only contributed towards rewards, while damage absorption and healing does not.

For example the guardian has got 2 rings while the thief has got 6 rings (1 infused).
The dps classes in the group seem to have much more luck when killing trash mobs as well.

The end boss chests are also bit strange, last night the dpsers all got 6-7 yellow items from the chest that spawns after Jade Maw while bunker and support got 2 – 3 yellow items.

It’s crystal clear to me that the RNG machanics in GW2 are broken, but I am starting to think there are some other factors at play here as well.

As I said this is just a feeling (theory), but feel free to comment.

IMO, this is an entirely different topic. The Fractal daily chest is just a simple RNG. The OP’s personal luck is just bad and is just so happens one of the exceptions to statistics.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

they need to make the rings salvagable with a chance of vials/globs/shards.. but apart from that.. I’ve gotten a few, two were condition damage focused, when my necro finally achieved lvl 80, he was very glad for the ascended rings (and the condidmg armor from all the space-wasting AC tokens).. my ele is still waiting for suitable rings.. but my engi already has a good outlook as there’s one ring waiting for when he hits 80.. don’t really see the problem, just outfit your alts =)
my warrior which does the fractals had to buy his second ring, because no useful stuff dropped for him, but thats what the pristine relics are for..

I only dislike having terrible luck with the mist essences with no way past it to get my rings infused

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

‘I have done well over 20 lvl 10 dailies’

20 dailies = 20 pristine fractal relics = 2 ascended rings?

Whats your gripe? :S

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

This happened to me and for a long time (pre relics that is) I never got rings. But then they started dropping but TBH I passed the majority of the rings that dropped to my alts that don’t even do fractals and just bought the ring I wanted for the main that does do fractals. Indeed, recently I even got a Fractals Focus skin drop for me! I was thinking of getting a Focus too but couldn’t find a skin I liked! So you know, your luck will turn!

they need to make the rings salvagable with a chance of vials/globs/shards..

I would like this. I have a ring on an alt that I am thinking of getting replacing with a new better ring that dropped but right now there is nothing I can do with the spare ring. Meanwhile, I need 1 more vial and 1 more glob to turn one of my rings into the (infused) version. I wouldn’t even mind if the ring salvage was done through the mystic forge as is the case of salvaging shards into globs and globs into vials.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

(edited by Tinni.4351)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

‘I have done well over 20 lvl 10 dailies’

20 dailies = 20 pristine fractal relics = 2 ascended rings?

Whats your gripe? :S

Why are you assuming all of his daily runs gave him a pristine relic? There were no pristine relics during the first 4 weeks of the dungeon’s existence.

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

Okay, sorry for the assumption – maybe 10 is more reasonable?

Considering i do 3 – 4 runs a week and i have 18 relics.

Either way, the thing that annoyed me more is people still whining about the lack a ring even after Pristine’s have been introduced.

About time some people got a grip and jumped of the ‘Fairness’ bandwagon.

I don’t yet have a pre-cursor after over 400 tries in the forge? I don’t see myself as badly done to, its just RNG.

Suck it up and get on with it – or post your ‘this is so unfair’ threads elsewhere.

Posted by: Hamrammur.7528

Hamrammur.7528

Okay, sorry for the assumption – maybe 10 is more reasonable?

Considering i do 3 – 4 runs a week and i have 18 relics.

Either way, the thing that annoyed me more is people still whining about the lack a ring even after Pristine’s have been introduced.

About time some people got a grip and jumped of the ‘Fairness’ bandwagon.

I don’t yet have a pre-cursor after over 400 tries in the forge? I don’t see myself as badly done to, its just RNG.

Suck it up and get on with it – or post your ‘this is so unfair’ threads elsewhere.

Only 400 tries in MF ? Well my friend lets see how you sound after 1700 tries and 2.500 USD poorer with no precursor.

Imo the RNG system is broken in GW2, I have no doubt about it.

It’s not only the rings from daily quest that are bothering me, it’s also the how hard it is to obtain a vials, globs and essences to infuse the rigs for some while other seem to have no problem with it. For example, I have 1 essence, 3 globs and 1 vial after approx 100, 10+ runs while some in my fractal group have up to 6 of each. We have all spent equal time in fractals, put in same effort and but somehow the rewards are not equal.

No matter what you call this, whining, grief or crying. It’s not fair.

I am sure if Anet would enable players with in fractal instances to trade items, it would eliminate the unfairness people are experiencing right now.

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

Only 400 tries in MF ? Well my friend lets see how you sound after 1700 tries and 2.500 USD poorer with no precursor.

Imo the RNG system is broken in GW2, I have no doubt about it.

It’s not only the rings from daily quest that are bothering me, it’s also the how hard it is to obtain a vials, globs and essences to infuse the rigs for some while other seem to have no problem with it. For example, I have 1 essence, 3 globs and 1 vial after approx 100, 10+ runs while some in my fractal group have up to 6 of each. We have all spent equal time in fractals, put in same effort and but somehow the rewards are not equal.

No matter what you call this, whining, grief or crying. It’s not fair.

I am sure if Anet would enable players with in fractal instances to trade items, it would eliminate the unfairness people are experiencing right now.

I don’t have the precursor I want either, but I don’t go about putting real money like crazy into the game (I much prefer a week of vacation over the chance at a precursor).. it’s your decision how much time, effort and money you put into the precursor hunt. for one, they will make it easier to obtain them after a while (I’d be convinced of that even if they didn’t confirm some form of scavenger hunt is under discussion), also, getting a legendary now is only to show how good/fast you can grind… there’s a reason legendary wielders are often so bad in dungeons – except grinding they didn’t play much.. ;-)
if you’re that desperate to get a precursor/legendary, maybe you should reconsider playing at all? doesn’t sound too healthy, such an obsession, especially since a legendary, as opposed to the ascended/infused stuff, is optional.

fractal stuff isn’t that bad, I find the 1850 relics a bit steep for the infused back (the alternative way is also quite expensive), but at least infusions themselves are very cheap and rings are easy to come by.
the path for upgrading them should be more linear (like selling essences for relics/pristine stuff) or as I said salvageable rings. I’m slightly optimistic they’ll make it more obtainable in the future.