FotM is Awesome

FotM is Awesome

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: iTrinitron.9301

iTrinitron.9301

Thank you for Fractal of the Mists. I’ve finished 3 fractals, and so far it is the greatest dungeon I’ve ever played. It completely takes into account many of the problems that Anet fans were crying about. The mechanics are amazing, and none of the bosses are complete grinds once you figure out how to fight them.

Thanks

Riyah | Henge of Denravi

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Just 4 manned Colossus → Dredges → Swamp with my friends, was a blast.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: Arkulin.3421

Arkulin.3421

They are AMAZING !

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

Best dungeon EVER!

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I haven’t played many dungeons, in fact, I’ve only played through ascalon and furnace for story mode. They were decent, beatable, and that was basically my impression. I love party-driven gameplay, but I’m more of a normal pve guy than a dungeon guy.

However, Fractals is absolutely AMAZING. Seriously. Playing Fractals is a whole level ahead of general pve play in this game, fun-wise, and from dungeon play too, from my very limited experience. The levels are diverse, they are creative, they are fun, and at level 1, they are acessible for anyone to enjoy. There’s just a sharp contrast between the lonely or zergy pve experience or the boss fights with too much HP in the dungeons I’ve played, and my experience with Fractals so far.

This dungeon and the new pvp map are, from my semi-casual playing experience, GW2’s mechanics executed at their best and at their funniest. They’re so good, that they’re giving me hope that the sea of sorrows map tomorrow is also going to improve upon the general pve’s experience, like the former two improved upon the dungeon experience and the conquest pvp mode experience.

Regardless, extremely well done, Anet! Best patch so far, best content so far.

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: Jpac.9623

Jpac.9623

This dungeon is amazing. 1 of my favs in any MMO.

Good Job Anet.

Cheers!!

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I loved all the encounters we’ve done. Very engaging and fun! All of my party thoroughly enjoyed the content and the various mechanics. Best dungeon in game so far for me any way but who knows the newness might make me biased :P

We’ll see in a couple of weeks time if I still feel the same but realy well done Anet! This new dungeon is something to be really proud of!

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: Reiven.2543

Reiven.2543

Very engaging mechanics and very fun dungeon to run. Novelty may wear off over time like anything does but i had excellent fun working out how to beat all the bosses. Locales were awesome and dungeon was challenging and hard but it was done the right way. Otherwise best dungeon/raid/w.e equivalent in other mmos ive played in any mmo for a while now.

Im willing to forgive anet on their subpar effort in balancing PvP out as this dungeon would have taken a lot of time to make and it was worth it.

Fort Aspenwood GW1 Bittervet….
Reiven Kloak-Warrior / Pizza Pirate-Engineer
Charr Grilled Fish-Ranger

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: Cyga.1246

Cyga.1246

Absolutely fantastic dungeon! I love you Anet.

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: enzoh.5302

enzoh.5302

I couldn’t agree more. Thanks ArenaNet!

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

4 manned through the first miniboss(fractal 7) so far…amazing fun. Golem bosses are by far the funniest.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I like that there isn’t a pile of trash that’s just there to slow you down — they feel balanced in that regard.

Some requirements of teamwork to win.

I’ve only done 6 legs. So far, have to say it’s really good work.

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: Meszarlock.4783

Meszarlock.4783

i think its the Best dungeon ever i experienced in mmo ^^

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: zzled.9125

zzled.9125

Just wanted to say props to the dungeon team for FotM. Some of the detailed touches in there were awesome. Top stand out moments for me (so far) were the golem names in the Uncategorized Fractal, and hunting down chickens for the “Out of Cluck” achievement for Urban Battlefield Fractal.

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Very impressed with this dungeon – the art, the concepts, the challenge and the fun.
Kudos to the creative masterminds that put this together – Bravo!

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I like it too.It’s fast,it’s interesting.Not a zergfest and getting harder and harder.Well still a little buggy but that will be fixed.
And some of the views are breath taking lol.
You did great gob Anet

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: Moligard Calteran.3490

Moligard Calteran.3490

Phew… those are some of hardest dungeons I’ve done but they are so rewarding and fun! You really have to take a moment to think through the mechanics of the encounters.

The Kitty Golem’s were hilarious, and the new battle music for the fight was also quite amusing. Legendary Mining Suit boss was pretty sweet with its mechanics. Last round was the Swamp – Rather difficult, but after working it out was rewarding to complete it followed by a nice, easy and simple boss encounter after to cool down a bit.

Did a little of the underwater one to, very interesting mechanic with the light emitting corals and darkness, although it glitched and we got kicked. Will be interesting to work out that part of the dungeon at some future point.

Now to find time to do 2x runs, because I am really curious about the special boss encounters.

FotM is Awesome

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

They would be even better if I didn’t always dc during them and be unable to continue with my group. Seriously, ANet…wtf?