Fotm 20 and AR scale need adjustments.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tken.1986

Tken.1986

Ok, maybe a lot more than that. I think ANet should have the brain to figure it out.

Starts with level 10 we can get a ring from daily chest as a RNG reward. Eventually, we obtain 2 rings to have basic +10 agony resist. Then I found out that I will 110% die on Jade Maw’s agony attack. (with 19K Life) I know there’s upgrade infusion to the ring and backpiece. Both of them require even more farming/grinding and RNG the fractal mats. I haven’t got enough mats at all. People say you need 15 agony resist for this level. This extra 5 AR to me is hard as hell to get it. (Oh boy, more grinding/farming)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

you don t need to get to 20….for stats…you get ascended items 2-10.

At 20 you should have at least 15 AR that is 5X3.
And the 5 you miss has nothing to do with RNG unless you didn t find any vial but i doubt it.

once you are at 20 with 2-3 shard you can easily upgrade your rings….i dropped even 4 in a single run sometimes…..aside i agree rng is Always a bad thing :|

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Tken.1986

Tken.1986

you don t need to get to 20….for stats…you get ascended items 2-10.

At 20 you should have at least 15 AR that is 5X3.
And the 5 you miss has nothing to do with RNG unless you didn t find any vial but i doubt it.

once you are at 20 with 2-3 shard you can easily upgrade your rings….i dropped even 4 in a single run sometimes…..aside i agree rng is Always a bad thing :|

The thing is I want infused rings from 20+, and in fact I only have one vial. Non-infused rings have little to no use for me now unless I can salvage for fractal mats.

Posted by: Nuke Morg.1952

Nuke Morg.1952

You can do it easily with 10 AR. Only issues will be with mining suit mossman and of course Jade Maw. I’ve done 6-7 daily 20’s with AR10. Almost never died during trash mob fights and help others there, while fighting on of the bosses above, my party ressed me from downed state in 5sek. They had no issues with this as I was not a glass cannon and contributed a lot for all the rest. It would be the best of course to go with your guild mates. They will be always more willingly to help and shards which you drop at lvl 20 will make it much easier to get 15 or even 20 AR shortly (if you have luck and drop shards).

“Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.”

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

one vial is enough to build your Backpack…..

At 20 with Ar 15 its easy….and maw won t kill you.

i can t understand what s the problem?
And you can farm 20 until you get 3 shards or 2 infused rings.
Unless u plan to go 30+ fast(in that case complaining of agony means you lacks the experience required for that level) lvl 20 is the best.

Not too hard even with random parties….and not affected by DR bug it seems to affect lvl 26+…

They said they fixed it but in my experience is still as b4 (and i did really many 26+ runs).

P.S. i suggest you to look for shards rather for infused rings because RNG is more forgiving on shards….you’ll get a couple in no time.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

2 x ring = 10 AR (you can purchase the +5 basic agony)
1 x back piece = 5 AR

There is 15. Doesn’t seem that expensive to me. If you buy the 75 relic infusion, it doesn’t hurt when you do upgrade the rings later on. All the upgrades I posted use just the fractal relics. You may need 1 vial for the back piece if you go with the purchase one. Otherwise you can go with the crafted ones.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

@OP,

Agony doesn’t work the way you think it does.

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

As above posts have said…15 AR is not hard to get. Even 20 Ar is not hard to get.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.