Fotm (Infused) farming

Fotm (Infused) farming

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

So I’ve been doing A LOT of fotm recently and I haven’t found a single Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence or anything of that nature.

I remember back in September 2013 people would clear all the mobs before getting to maw and I’d normally get something or another. Now I never get Maw and I haven’t seen a single drop since.

How do I obtain these, what’s a good way of getting these or the like?

Thank you

Fotm (Infused) farming

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

What Fractal Level are you running? There are three types, Vial, Shard and Crystal, depending on the Fractal level you are running. 1-9, 10-19, and 20+.

You can downgrade or upgrade the mist essences if you follow the mystic forge recipe in the Wiki.

Fotm (Infused) farming

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

I’ve read the topic as “Forum (Infraction) farming”. Eh.

There’s no good way of getting those items other than killing many lootable mobs. Back when fractals were released and I progressed too fast to get enough AR to not die at Maw at 20s (or something like that) I rolled urban battlegrounds and soloed it till I got the material to infuse my ring.

So if you’re in dire need of one you could do the same. If not, then better to just forget about it.

Defeated by packet loss.

Fotm (Infused) farming

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They only drop from mobs within Fractals itself, yeah. If you’re patient, you will get them over time. Generally groups do kill mobs within Fractals, although I do sometiems wonder at what awesome loot I might be missing out on when we skip mobs in the Jade Fractal etc.

Fotm (Infused) farming

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Get a dedicated group to kill the trash mobs in Aquatic and Ascalon, make sure you’re remembering to loot everything (and er, you’re doing enough damage to tag everything). It’s possible to solo them too.

edit: but you shouldn’t need to farm them, you should get enough drop from doing fractals normally as long as you are tagging/looting everything and not just semi afking

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

(edited by Eulolia.2467)

Fotm (Infused) farming

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

If I was to do it again, I’ll probably just aim for 25 agony resistance and run 29 (or 20+) daily. You’ll accumulate rings/shards/learn your class as you go and then you can infuse your rings to increase your agony resistance further.

As for getting to 25:
(Easy)
10 agony resistance from 2 ascended accessories (Guild Missions)
5 resistance from amulet (Laurels or Laurels+WvW)
5 from ascended ring with versatile infusion (Buy with Pristines earned from 10-19)

for the remaining 5:
1) Get lucky and get a ring from the chest
2) Ascended Weapon/Armor (if you have more mats/gold)
3) Ascended Back (if you have more mats/relics/gold)

Fotm (Infused) farming

uberkingkong.8041

I just want any kind of them of them to drop, better than nothing.

I think I’ll try just killing trash in the zones as you guys said.

I really do miss Maw and wondering if its still there too. Those new fotm zones, well the one with the duo just makes me think of World of Warcraft by the way those guys look. Never played WoW and not a fan of WoW either, so I really hate that zone.

Oh and right now I’m personal level 19, but I have ascended amulet, both rings, both accessories, and a ascended legpiece and chestpiece all with +5 simple infusion. I’ve done fotm 38 recently and wasn’t really that hard either. But I’ve done a bunch fotm so far and no ascended materials whether it be lower quality one or not, nothing at all, no one in my party gets them either.

Thanks for help guys, just want to make sure I’m not doing anything wrong, really appreciate the help.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

Fotm (Infused) farming

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I just want any kind of them of them to drop, better than nothing.

I think I’ll try just killing trash in the zones as you guys said.

I really do miss Maw and wondering if its still there too. Those new fotm zones, well the one with the duo just makes me think of World of Warcraft by the way those guys look. Never played WoW and not a fan of WoW either, so I really hate that zone.

Oh and right now I’m personal level 19, but I have ascended amulet, both rings, both accessories, and a ascended legpiece and chestpiece all with +5 simple infusion. I’ve done fotm 38 recently and wasn’t really that hard either. But I’ve done a bunch fotm so far and no ascended materials whether it be lower quality one or not, nothing at all, no one in my party gets them either.

Thanks for help guys, just want to make sure I’m not doing anything wrong, really appreciate the help.

seriously, 38 is actually one of the easier mistlock. I would do fract 39 for dailies but I just dont want to play cliff at fract 39. There isnt much strategy and those vets adds are too hard to kill.

Fotm (Infused) farming

uberkingkong.8041

Would be pretty cool if someone had a youtube video of them farming for this kind of stuff. Not 1 youtube video of farming this!

Fotm (Infused) farming

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Would be pretty cool if someone had a youtube video of them farming for this kind of stuff. Not 1 youtube video of farming this!

That’s probably because there usually is no need to farm that at all and you can’t farm them in a reliable way either. Maybe Krait in aquatic ruins, but meh.