Fotm: Same reward all day

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Today I have been hearing people getting the same ascended items consecutively.

I also got two barbed signet rings today from a level 18 and 25 run. Are the rewards messed up? Did the patch break it?

Anet needs to address this issue and the broken promises they made about getting guaranteed fractal gear when completing higher levels.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

RNG

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

the rewards for fractals are always the same disappointment…yet I do fractals 49 nearly everyday cause I use my time wisely.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

apophenia

fif

teen

characters

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

I also got two barbed signet rings today from a level 18 and 25 run. Are the rewards messed up? Did the patch break it?

Anet needs to address this issue and the broken promises they made about getting guaranteed fractal gear when completing higher levels.

Where did you see this promise?

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Back when I played FOTM before they butchered it, reset my level, didn’t build the leaderboards they used to justify said reset, destroyed the rewards, and made a terrible scarlet storyline, I was going on three bank tabs worth of rings.

I put each ring in the following bank slot as I got them, so I could see the order in which my tabs were filling. Many, many times I’d get 2 of the same ring in a row. Out of dozens of rings I’d say something like 30% of the time I’d get doubles. Don’t know the odds of that happening, but just thought I’d give my input.

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Oh I don’t know, maybe a half a year ago or so when they were talking about reworking fractals……….

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Oh I don’t know, maybe a half a year ago or so when they were talking about reworking fractals……….

They never said anything about guaranteed rewards. If they did, I’m sure you can find the red post stating such; otherwise your statement and anger are meaningless.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Wait you can get rewards inside fractals?

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Wait you can get rewards inside fractals?

Legends say you can!

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

In the past i got 4 exactly indentical chests.
20 exactly identical fractal runs in a row :|

GW2 RNG is obviously broken somehow.
Statistical rare occurencies are the norm everywhere….

And its not something you notice because its something strange….its just the norm.

I would say that it explains even the fact devs can t fix fractal rewards…
If it was just matter of RNG would be so easy they already would have fixed it.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

2 years ago i started to run fractals with my ele with a goal to get skins to be fancy. Today, i have 4 alts fully equipped with fractal skins even underwater weps, and my ele has only staff (that i rarely use). And i do lvl 38 and 49, sometimes 50 daily. With my ele. And i have no skins to apply on ele. Not even a trident.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Statistical rare occurrences are normal because they’re what people cling to and remember.

LordByron.8369

Not if you find something strange and starts keeping track of it.
At that point its not what you remember.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Esplen.3940

So you’ve experienced an anomaly and you’re one of how many players? Statistical anomalies and outliers are bound to occur. You don’t see people rushing to the forums to state that they got different things every run.

LordByron.8369

You might thank players keeping tracks for:

-BLSK refund twice
-Ecto fixes
-Fractal rewards bug reports

for posting against people stating its all in our mind

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Streaks, droughts, and long leads are features of a random sequence. That’s a mathematical fact. MMO players see streaks and droughts in a random results and decide that the RNG is broken. That’s human nature.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Well when they introduced Fractured they made mention of a fractal weapon container! it was supposed to be this magical box that would allow you to pick the fractal weapon skin of your choice!. They said that it would drop in high level fractals.

What a good thing I thought, surely if I work may way up to the highest fractal available i might get lucky and get one of these one day.

They later informed the player base that the fractal weapon containers would indeed drop in higher level fractals but the fractal levels in which they would drop were not accessible from the Fractured update and the Fractured page was promptly edited to not mention the weapon container afterwards.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/No-fractal-skin-box-ever-dropped-Proof-API/3327283

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Well when they introduced Fractured they made mention of a fractal weapon container! it was supposed to be this magical box that would allow you to pick the fractal weapon skin of your choice!. They said that it would drop in high level fractals.

What a good thing I thought, surely if I work may way up to the highest fractal available i might get lucky and get one of these one day.

They later informed the player base that the fractal weapon containers would indeed drop in higher level fractals but the fractal levels in which they would drop were not accessible from the Fractured update.

O.o

ANet, you’re the worst.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

And now you know what you’re dealing with

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Get jealous.
I keep dropping skins every now and then!
But well, i would trade my 8 spears and 4 tridents for a sword.

toxic since 2012

LordByron.8369

Streaks, droughts, and long leads are features of a random sequence. That’s a mathematical fact. MMO players see streaks and droughts in a random results and decide that the RNG is broken. That’s human nature.

Quite not true.
According to what you said (and what I said before) newton would still expect an apple to fall in the sky into the outer space….

GW2 balance:

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Ah, forum logic. I love it.

Byron, you trollin’ m8? Repeated plausible outcomes in a stream of random events will happen. It’s a matter of throwing a pair of dice 4 times and getting snake eyes each roll. Not the same as rolling dice and getting potato.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

This is true, but there is a logical reason for this skepticism.

Shortly after release, dungeon tokens were awarded on boss kill. Then you got a small amount daily for completing the path. Rather than complete the paths people would farm the fastest bosses for tokens. Dungeons were changed to have the tokens awarded on path completion. When that change went live the dungeon end chests were subject to diminishing returns that supposedly did not affect those chests. Not only that, but they affected people who hadn’t even run that path before let alone that day.

Then a patch came out to fix it, except it didn’t and more people still didn’t get completion rewards. Hell, I still have a screenshot proving it from an HotW path completion.

Then there’s the Final Rest fiasco.

And now we have people, like myself, who run a Fractals 50 nearly daily. The end chest regularly drops uninfused rings and vials of mists essence drop regularly as well.

Vials are supposed to drop from fractals levels 1-9. The uninfused rings could be intended but we have no idea if that’s the case.

Finally, there’s the Fractal Weapon box fiasco. Added, in the API but confirmed not to drop until level 51+.

With this history of end chest rewards actually being affected by diminishing returns, receiving lower-tier loot on top tier Fractal difficulty and quietly making sought-after rewards completely unavailable, you can perhaps see why much of the Fractals community is skeptical of RNG being the only thing keeping rewards out of our hands.

LordByron.8369

Exactly..
And you forgot more and more incidents.

I don t want to say its the main cause but nowaday fotm 40-50 lfg are deserts as they have never been (except during the cliffside bug).

GW2 balance:

Esplen.3940

Quite not true.
According to what you said (and what I said before) newton would still expect an apple to fall in the sky into the outer space….

And this is why essentialists will always be skeptical of prometheanists.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

>.< am I the only " veteran " ( as you call it ) fractal’er than doesnt mind the rewards? I love fractals, And I dont mind the rewards..

Although I love them, they do need work. I also want to see some changes in them, just never got around to putting in down. Besides.. the rewards seem to be the biggest topic / thing people want changed.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I don’t ever claim RNG is broken. When the streaks/droughts/etc happen it just reminds me how much I hate the RNG and how much I feel it’s a failure of a system. I’m not a gambler and I hate when that’s used because “it makes it exciting” when to me after finally getting a drop it just makes me relieved more than excited, “thank god I don’t have to do that anymore…”

I’ve quit games because of RNG, it’s just not fun to me. It’s a pretty big reason I’ve not gotten into fractals, I’m not going to play that game. The only reason I’d ever get into fractals is when I run out of other things to do in the game and since I haven’t hit that point… nope, not doing it.