Fotm highest lvl transfer to all characters

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I have 3 lvl 80’s(Ele, Warrior, Mesmer) all with full exotics gears/accs. Only on my ele so far i have done fractal up to lvl 21. Today I wanted to play with my warrior with a group that were going to do lvl 12 and to my surprise i couldn’t. It turns out I have to do all the lvls again. What are your thoughts regards to this? are you willing to go up in lvls all over again with your other characters within your account specially in this hard to find a group game?.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Posted by: Amonde Daneren.2380

Amonde Daneren.2380

It is better for progress to be character bound because then you are forced to experience the content again and again. It is more enjoyable when you can do level 21, but are forced to do everything from 1 again.

I really don’t see a reason why progress should EVER apply to all characters, because they are not you, it’s not your skill that matters’ it’s the characters stats and skills and gear that are important.

It’s like totally not a grind.

Posted by: Wiseman.4356

Wiseman.4356

sarcasm is a beautiful thing….

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Someone rang?

Also, seconded the OP’s post.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: BraveSirRobin.3497

BraveSirRobin.3497

Yes I totally agree with the OP post but I think there can be multiple solutions to the same problem.

The first solution would be, as the OP stated, to make level unlock account wide. The easy leveling and gearing mechanics seem to support people playing a multitude of alts. If my team needs my guardian instead of thief I would just like to switch instead of having to unlock levels seperately.

The second solution would be that you can join but not open yourself the highest level which have been unlocked by individual members in a team (if one person is at level 21 the rest can just join in). I think this could be a good solution since in the current state people can either not join or the fellow teammembers have to be so kind to help the lowest level player unlock. In the case of a few runs this would not be a problem but having to run someone through 15 runs to get on the same level is something I do not consider fun or good game design. Once the run has been finished the member with the lowest unlock still can’t open up lvl 21 but would gain an unlock (for example from 5->6 or 11->12) depending on which level they originally were.

(edited by BraveSirRobin.3497)

Posted by: Shade.4702

Shade.4702

I’m surprised the progress is character-based instead of account-wide. Nearly everything else in the game is account-wide. I’d love to be able to play other professions in Fractals without starting over from level 1.

Posted by: BananaStand.3764

BananaStand.3764

Having the progress apply account-wide would make it increasingly difficult for new people who are just starting out to find groups for early level fractals. As is, requiring people to progress through fractals on each character increases the number of people running fractals of all levels.

This may not be the most convenient for everyone but it is certainly the best option as far as the game is concerned.

There’s always money in the…

Posted by: Amonde Daneren.2380

Amonde Daneren.2380

See, you might think that, but what I, and I am sure many others did, when faced with the prospect of getting to a high fractal level and then having to do that again and again on each alt is this:stop playing because we don't want to grind.