Fractal 45 + Dredge

Fractal 45 + Dredge

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

It was a long time since I played a fractal and today a guildie asked to do a level 45 fractal so I decided to help. Since the fractal update I only played 6 times, so my personal reward level is only 36, and I’ve only seen a few of the mistlock instabilities.

The level 45 instability is about a frost area that deals a small amount of damage and applies chill.

We got the dredge fractal, and we couldn’t make it through the locked cage, because this instability was interrupting the one on the door mechanism all the time. We had to quit.

Also, in the past I used to stay in one of the pressure plates trying to stay alive, since I usually play Guardian and the Wall of Reflection helped a lot, but it looks like they do not shoot projectiles anymore, so we had a really hard time with this.

So what’s the general strategy with this? Since dredge cannot be blinded, reflections don’t work anymore, and stability has a limited duration? We couldn’t figure out how to avoid the instability and how to stay alive long enough.

Fractal 45 + Dredge

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Mistlock Instabilities as a whole should have been thought out and tested a hell of a lot more before release for bugs like this. I’m reminded of the Regen instability that made Mai Trin unkillable, since you could never get her below the 75% cannon barrage.

In any case, I would report this as a bug in-game.

Fractal 45 + Dredge

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

You avoid the instability interrupting you by running 49s

Fractal 45 + Dredge

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

Well, after reading this, I think that some fractals should not be rolled with some instabilities (or the instability shouldn’t work in some areas). There shouldn’t be something like: it’s impossible to finish because X interrupts Y.

I’m doing 49’s too, but some players wants challenges. I’m also going to try all instabilities one day.

Fractal 45 + Dredge

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Well, after reading this, I think that some fractals should not be rolled with some instabilities (or the instability shouldn’t work in some areas). There shouldn’t be something like: it’s impossible to finish because X interrupts Y.

I’m doing 49’s too, but some players wants challenges. I’m also going to try all instabilities one day.

Heck, if I could roll a 45 and know I would never see Dredge again, I would deal with the frost.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Fractal 45 + Dredge

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Reflections still work unless they messed up something in the past two months. I tested wall of reflection off dredge mobs in LA a few weeks ago and all projectile attacks (e.g. Bullets), including shockwave, were reflected.