Fractal Bugs

Fractal Bugs

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Hello,

Since fractals get patched when HoT comes out, i thought to make a list of fractal bugs so that Anet maybe fixes them before the launch. This is not only a reminder for well known bugs that they are already aware of, but there are also some rather unknown bugs.

- Mossman can be pulled underwater
- Molten Furnace Fractal: The first group of mobs can be damaged even before they spawn. If they get killed before they spawn, the fractal bugs out and you cannot progress.
- Again Molten Furnace: Usually, the door to the last room where the weapon-testing is, is closed until the npcs finish their dialogue and start walking down. If you wipe once, the door is already open before the dialogue and you can already enter the endroom. If you do enter the endroom then before the npcs arrive, the fractal bugs out and you cannot progress.
- Cilffside: Maybe not a bug but a cheesy tactic: Someone can stay outside of the final bossroom. If then the others die, they can just respawn and the boss won’t reset.
- Again Cliffside: The party can stack on a rock at the endroom where the hits of archdiviner dont hit. Only the big aoe-attack in phase 3 and 4 will hit.
- Dredge: After finishing the cage, there are some checkpoints that trigger the new events in both the left and right part. If you blink across those checkpoints, the fractal will bug out and you cannot progress.
- Dredge: At the clowncar, you can damage the boss before he spawns. If you kill him before he spawns, the next door won’t open and you cannot progress.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

(edited by Lendruil.9061)

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Don’t forget the bug that prevents the tonic from dropping.

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Thanks for posting this. I actually sent a targeted report including all of these to ANet just before BWE3, so they’re aware. No telling when they’ll get addressed, but hopefully with HoT.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Forgot some Mai trin ones, like Ellen rez and the same kind of trick as Cliffside (staying outside) to allow rez rush tactics.

Fractal Bugs

Rising Dusk.2408

Forgot some Mai trin ones, like Ellen rez and the same kind of trick as Cliffside (staying outside) to allow rez rush tactics.

For reference, I also got those in my report.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

The laser puzzle when you turn the panels off before it triggers?

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Fractal Bugs

Rising Dusk.2408

The laser puzzle when you turn the panels off before it triggers?

You mean if you go too fast in aetherblade at doing that puzzle it blocks progress? I didn’t know that was bug! I’ll get it in the next round.

Fractal Bugs

Iris Ng.9845

It doesn’t really block progress (since you can work around by chain-rezing Ellen) but it still makes the puzzle no longer deactivated.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: BlitzX.4039

BlitzX.4039

Hello,
- Again Cliffside: The party can stack on a rock at the endroom where the hits of archdiviner dont hit. Only the big aoe-attack in phase 3 and 4 will hit.
- Dredge: At the clowncar, you can damage the boss before he spawns. If you kill him before he spawns, the next door won’t open and you cannot progress.

According to guildies these 2 are fixed already.

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

• In Aetherblade if you don’t kill last few enemies before the final room then the final room won’t reset even if you wipe.
  • Subject 6 can be permaimmobilized so he won’t do anything.
  • Many new fractals have weird enemy scaling algorithms. In Thaumanova and Aetherblade, enemies don’t scale at all. In Mai Trin, thrash enemies don’t scale.
  • In Uncategorized, Raving Asura can be pulled away and easily kited.
  • In Underground Facility, spamming bomb delivery may deliver most, if not all, bombs.
  • In Urban Battleground, you can capture the courtyard by pulling enemies away. Also if you leave ballistas alive they will knock back the fire shaman so you can complete the defense event without doing anything.
  • In Volcanic, you can use bundles to replicate stones to break his bubble really fast. Also you can use melee attacks to push him to middle which lets you throw stones faster.
  • Also against many bosses (Archdiviner, Bloomhunger, etc.) you can briefly exit combat without them resetting which allows everyone to resurrect.

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

I wish in mossman he would pull out his spear(?) and instead of wolves he would summon killeable skelk, that at least underwater would be a fun(?) alternative.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Not sure if this are bugs or features.

Snowblind Fractal:

• Elemental Source’s top has death animation and a HP bar but cannot be damaged for almost a year now because his hitbox was moved somewhere. Same bug was introduced to the final dragon battle of season 2 but later it got fixed. It was never commented on as far as I am aware.
  • When ice wall is half way down warmth no longer reapplies when you stand near the fire. Only way to get the buff past that point is to run far away from it and come back.

Volcanic Fractal:

• During the fight with Champion Grawl Shaman rocks that you are supposed to throw at him during his shield phase have extremely low spawn chance. In 9/10 fights we have to wait for shield to time out or pick one rock before he phases because rock never spawn past that point.
  • There is a chance that Legendary Imbued Shaman will heal from the prisoners while he is chilled in the middle of the arena.

Captain Mai Trin Boss Fractal:

• There is a small chance that after cannon phase Mai will stay near her cannon and do nothing. Only way to continue is to kill Horrik. After he dies she will teleport back to the arena to rez him but she will never move till you kill phase her again. No idea how to reproduce it. It happened 2 times in 6-7 months.

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

• In Volcanic, you can use bundles to replicate stones to break his bubble really fast.

I bet anet will fix this one but none of the other bugs

Fractal Bugs

Taku.6352

Not sure if this are bugs or features.
Captain Mai Trin Boss Fractal:

• There is a small chance that after cannon phase Mai will stay near her cannon and do nothing. Only way to continue is to kill Horrik. After he dies she will teleport back to the arena to rez him but she will never move till you kill phase her again. No idea how to reproduce it. It happened 2 times in 6-7 months.

Hylek pots cause this if they are dropped near her spawn point.

Fractal Bugs

Iris Ng.9845

In Cliffside, there is a chance that Archie goes invulnerable without dropping the hammer. You need to wait for him to heal up and damage him again to spawn the hammer. Not sure what causes it.

Fractal Bugs

Lendruil.9061

In Cliffside, there is a chance that Archie goes invulnerable without dropping the hammer. You need to wait for him to heal up and damage him again to spawn the hammer. Not sure what causes it.

I think it’s caused if you try to pick up the hammer too early. If you don’t spam the f-key when he turns invulnerable, it should not bug.

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Pretty sure standing on the rock in cliffside has been fixed.

Anet make Rev great again.

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Can’t stand on rock.

Invisible fire fields in molten (no red circle)
Cliff side: harpies are no longer invulnerable from the ground if you have other party memebers near/attacking them. So an ele can kill them from the ground rather easily.
Cliff side: if you wipe once the chanters will reset but they will have a much longer “leash” and chase you through the hall. This is an issue as you end up killing the “targeted” on you don’t want to kill because it makes a lot spawn.

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Tierce.5370

Tierce.5370

Snowblind (Lv39)
Svanir Shaman boss ported both an elementalist and a thief in my party inside the same wall. They were unable to escape and we were unable to get them out, so no reward chest for them for this island. If the unreachable ledge where Shaman goes is south, our party members were ported into the east wall, near the corner closest to the ledge.

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

When you fight archdiviner for the first time in cliffside and he drops the hammer it sometimes just disapears when two people try to pick it up at the same time and your party has to wipe to let the hammer respawn.

Bullet Punch

Fractal Bugs

Iris Ng.9845

• It’s rare but sometimes Bloomhunger’s Poison Rain projectiles shoot the ground under Feedback and hit anything in the blast radius.
  • Not sure if it’s a bug but sometimes Grawl Shaman (last boss) resets to the middle and heals himself to full when kited to the edge of the area.
  • Have they fixed the glitch when you can zip through the dorm room in Thaumanova and get the cooling rod without the need to rescue the Inquests?
  • Seen from Sandy’s post, assuming that it was a temporarily bugfix, but can you still glitch the wolves of Mossman at a fixed spawn location?

Fractal Bugs

Lendruil.9061

• Have they fixed the glitch when you can zip through the dorm room in Thaumanova and get the cooling rod without the need to rescue the Inquests?

This is not a bug but some lazy workaround. In higher levels you have to complete all 4 rooms of thaumanova for beeing able to fight the endboss. If you fail the prisoner-room however, it would no longer be possible to finish the fractal.
In lower levels, the door to the cooling rod is not yet open, and if you fail the event then you cannot longer complete it. This won’t stop progress, because you dont have to clear all 4 rooms in lower levels anyway.

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

This is not a bug but some lazy workaround. In higher levels you have to complete all 4 rooms of thaumanova for beeing able to fight the endboss. If you fail the prisoner-room however, it would no longer be possible to finish the fractal.
In lower levels, the door to the cooling rod is not yet open, and if you fail the event then you cannot longer complete it. This won’t stop progress, because you dont have to clear all 4 rooms in lower levels anyway.

I hope they remove this workaround with fractal rework. It will become first pve instance with legit failure state.

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I hope they remove this workaround with fractal rework. It will become first pve instance with legit failure state.

You do not get boss debuff if you skip all the rooms. You need to save two of the guys for the debuff

Fractal Bugs

Iris Ng.9845

No no, I know what you mean, but that is not what I mean. For once, I think if you fail the dorm part, you can’t get the cooling rod. But what I witnessed is a friend of mine ran into the room, triggered the event, took the cooling rod and got out right away. The event timer was still running but we already got the credit for that part (1/4 on the screen). However, our group just didn’t stop to do the event at all, and all the inquests died eventually and we got no debuff.

What surprises me is how he got that cooling rod and even the credit when the 4 Inquests were still alive. I have never been told about it.

Fractal Bugs

Taku.6352

At lvl 40/50 you need you need to complete 4 rooms to progress to the boss and the prisoner room is the only one that can’t be retried after it’s activated so if it fails there would be no way to complete the fractal and progress forward so in order to prevent this from happening Anet just left the door to the panel open so you can get the completion of it even if you don’t rescue the prisoners. At lower levels you only need 3/4 thus failing the room wouldn’t block progress.

Fractal Bugs

Jerus.4350

No no, I know what you mean, but that is not what I mean. For once, I think if you fail the dorm part, you can’t get the cooling rod. But what I witnessed is a friend of mine ran into the room, triggered the event, took the cooling rod and got out right away. The event timer was still running but we already got the credit for that part (1/4 on the screen). However, our group just didn’t stop to do the event at all, and all the inquests died eventually and we got no debuff.

What surprises me is how he got that cooling rod and even the credit when the 4 Inquests were still alive. I have never been told about it.

No trick to it even, you just run in and hit the cog in the open door. I honest don’t even consider this a trick or exploit, it’s just simply a poor job of maintaining content. It’s like if a patch just suddenly took Melandru out of Arah unless you did use the bucket. Why would anyone stop and do the buckets if the door was already open? It’s like “ohh looks like a boss fight will be here… hmm, well we can just keep running… so umm, that was weird”.

Fractal Bugs

Jerus.4350

At lvl 40/50 you need you need to complete 4 rooms to progress to the boss and the prisoner room is the only one that can’t be retried after it’s activated so if it fails there would be no way to complete the fractal and progress forward so in order to prevent this from happening Anet just left the door to the panel open so you can get the completion of it even if you don’t rescue the prisoners. At lower levels you only need 3/4 thus failing the room wouldn’t block progress.

That… kinda makes sense? Except not really but either way, so basically they said "ok have a free room, but you get a buff if you actually complete it! "

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

It’s like if a patch just suddenly took Melandru out of Arah unless you did use the bucket. Why would anyone stop and do the buckets if the door was already open? It’s like “ohh looks like a boss fight will be here… hmm, well we can just keep running… so umm, that was weird”.

That sounds….wonderful!

daydreams

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

That… kinda makes sense? Except not really but either way, so basically they said "ok have a free room, but you get a buff if you actually complete it! "

Pretty much. Lets be honest though, there would be those guys who’d try to fail the event on purpose just to kitten their party off.

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

Hello,

According to guildies these 2 are fixed already.

No they are not ._.
At least not the clown car one, dont know about the cage spot since i leave when peapl start doing that^^

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I wonder how people mentioned bugs that making Mai Trin kill easier but nobody even mentioned famous barrage bugs when you can be killed outside of red circles by barrage projectiles, or even got hit by aoe when there is no circle nearby at all.
Also, sometimes Molten Berserker in molten boss fractal refuses to die and starts performing his sound wave attack even after his death.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I wonder how people mentioned bugs that making Mai Trin kill easier but nobody even mentioned famous barrage bugs when you can be killed outside of red circles by barrage projectiles.

That’s not exactly a bug, the old AoE-indicators are just unprecise; one of the reasons they started using the new orange ones in the first place. Would be nice if they retroactively applied the new indicators for some encounters, though.

Fractal Bugs

Rising Dusk.2408

I went ahead and passed this particular thread and its contents along to the developers directly so that they’ll see the issues here. I know they’ve been aware of a number of them for awhile, so I am expecting many to be addressed with HoT, but there may be a few here that won’t get captured in the initial release. Either way, bug reports are awesome, so thanks!

Fractal Bugs

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

don’t forget you can pull the bosses across the gap and bug the instance completely

Attachments: