[Fractal Changes] Suggestion

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

ADVANCED RELIC TAB

The BUY-4373 has a new advanced relic tab containing skins and tonics in exchange for pristine fractal relics.

• Fractal Skins for 50 Pristine relics.
  • Endless Fractal Tonic for 250 Pristine relics.

http://imgur.com/ipoUJNS

DAILY REWARD CHANGES

The daily reward chests have been reworked to give higher rewards equal to that of the fractal’s difficulty and duration. No longer need to run lower level fractals to get additional daily chests.

• Rewarded on unique boss kill of the day.
  • Removed Rings from the daily fractal reward.
  • Rewarded 10s per fractal level from daily reward.
  • Fractal skins are now chosen from a fractal weapon box that drops instead of each skin separately.
  • Ascended Weapon and armour boxes remain unchanged.
  • New Mistlocked Chest containing Fractal armour skins.
  • Each boss has its own daily reward instead of every multiple of 10 having its own daily reward.

FRACTAL ROTATION CHANGES

The random rolling of fractals often hugely swayed the length and difficulty of any given run. Now you are given the option to choose your next fractal and how challenging it is.

• Fractal Event: Complete fractals to open the boss portals.
  • Select your first fractal from the fractal lobby. (Vote process like dungeons with 11 choices.)
  • If the vote is tied randomly select from the tied fractals.
  • On fractal completion there is another vote for the next fractal.
  • Each Fractal raises the fractal event bar. (By how much depends on difficulty fractal and how may fractals you have done before it.)
  • When the Fractal event reaches the top you can vote for random boss fractal.
  • The Fractal Event has 3 tiers, as each tier fills you can go to multiple bosses. (Each fractal or boss fractal can only be done once per instance.)
  • Completing all 11 fractals fills the fractal event bar to tier 3 and you can do all 3 daily bosses in one go, or do them as you tier up each time.

FRACTAL LEVELLING CHANGES

• Fractal level cap raised to 80.
  • Agony continues to scale higher.
  • Fixed level mistlock instabilities removed.
  • Killing a boss will raise your fractal personal level by 1 and up the instances fractal level by 1 (unless they are capped at 80.)
  • Each instability added gives an extra 10s in the daily reward chests and higher likelihood of an endless fractal tonic, fractal weapon, ascended armour or weapon boxes.
  • Also new Mistlocked Chest unique drop when instability gambits are active. (More gambits raises the chances.)

Attachments:

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

This would be ohh so nice, I might actually enjoy fractals if I was able to choose the fractals I could do and they were actually rewarding.

Posted by: Simon.7823

Simon.7823

Fractal tonic is gonna be so common now…

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Wow, looks like they might have got someone who is actually able to make a difference to fractals, please be true

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Sound of hundreds of jimmies being rustled.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

What is this? Is this real?

Simon.7823

looks like a dev leak to me

(edited by Simon.7823)

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

It’s someones wishlist… and no, it’s not real

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

But those images… ugh epic Photoshop?

Simon.7823

Start gathering Pristine Fractal Relics.. just in case

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

:( Duuude…. Saw this and almost logged again. Almost.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Not that epic when you can clearly see the copypaste.

About the idea, people would just choose/farm easiest gambits.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Or the Comic Sans font…

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Dont get peoples hope up for nothing.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I thought, “Wow, they really did start listening!”, but then looked closer.

10/10. Would read again.

skips lightheartedly back to DA:O, whistling a cheerful tune

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

This is a wishlist for fractals that adds a new RNG reward.

Posted by: Valentine.9732

Valentine.9732

This is what i daydream of every time i get to add more pristine relics to my nearly completed second stack…
Thanks for the visuals Thorian <3

Burger – [Sx]

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Guess I’m not too observant… lame. Thought I’d finally have a reason to play again ;(

Posted by: Punkcat.4031

Punkcat.4031

Would be so awesome,if a dev would actually read it and take the ideas to make it least something out of this happen >.<

Immortal Kingdom [KING],EU Desolation

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Mostly good suggestions, except for the ridiculous money dump. Fractals aren’t about getting rich.

Posted by: Janek.2649

Janek.2649

10/10. Would read again.

Indeed I really hope that this will happen. It looks pretty flawless, in a way.. if anything, something to really look forward to, as a thing. It would really open up the game again and bring back the joy of gw2 altogether ! I beg for consideration !

Posted by: raethe.1903

raethe.1903

Or the Comic Sans font…

Comic Sans made it obviously a photoshop. Bad font!

Posted by: Aretak.3826

Aretak.3826

Too many rewards, you’ll take your daily uninfused rings and like it if you’re lucky. Don’t forget they recently said they wouldn’t be adding any more dungeons and honestly to seem to give a kitten about instanced quality content at all.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

+1 for this one. Would make fractals enjoyable for me!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Twitch.4635

Twitch.4635

FOTM to me is one of the only pieces of content that’s actually challenging and takes coordination from the group not just stack n’ wack like most of the dungeons.

I would love to see most of the changes happen except the voting system of which fractals to complete, people would always go for the easiest ones which defeats the purpose of the whole concept.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

FOTM to me is one of the only pieces of content that’s actually challenging and takes coordination from the group not just stack n’ wack like most of the dungeons.

I would love to see most of the changes happen except the voting system of which fractals to complete, people would always go for the easiest ones which defeats the purpose of the whole concept.

Not if the scaled the rewards to make each challenge worth it from a reward perspective. Personally I simply hate some of the fractals, that’s why I don’t do them. I find them completely unenjoyable. That’s not just the “difficult ones” I like Mai Trin and the Grawl/Fire shaman guy fractals, those are enjoyable to me. But ones like Snowblind, mossman, and to a point cliffside I just don’t enjoy, I feel they’re poorly designed.

If they could set up a scaling reward system giving each option a flat reward, but then bonuses to lesser done options. So if everyone opts to do Jade maw as final boss, then that’d only be getting the flat reward, but since not many choose Mai Trin it’d have a large bonus.

As it stands currently I don’t really do fractals and i have no real desire to start, every time I do them I get stuck into one of the ones I hate and by the end I lose all desire to play the game. If these changes were to happen I would be much more likely to do them.

Posted by: who want blood.8765

who want blood.8765

urgh i believed this to be a leak because it was on reddit, need to look at the fine print.
as for a suggestion i +1 these ideas.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

I can honestly say the rewards for fractals and the rng of the levels isnt as bad as everyone is making them out too be. They are fine rewards for the most part with " minior " things that could be improved..

As much as I would love to talk about changes and see them happen, its not gona happen when all thats prefered is " better" rewards.

Sarah

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

I can honestly say the rewards for fractals and the rng of the levels isnt as bad as everyone is making them out too be. They are fine rewards for the most part with " minior " things that could be improved..

As much as I would love to talk about changes and see them happen, its not gona happen when all thats prefered is " better" rewards.

Sarah

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml

I don’t see how you can perceive these drop rates to be anything near reasonable.
1494 chests opened at 41+ and no tonic?
3,55% chance of getting a fractal skin, with a total chance of 0,19% of getting the weapon skin you actually want?

On top of this the gold reward is a joke and uninfused rings still drop.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml

I don’t see how you can perceive these drop rates to be anything near reasonable.
3,55% chance of getting a fractal skin, with a total chance of 0,19% of getting the weapon skin you actually want?

Many people do exaggerate how unrewarding fractals are. 1 in 10 shot of getting ascended armor piece worth ~100g. 1 in 20 shot of getting ascended weapon worth ~50g. That’s expected value of 12.5g a run. Obviously you can’t choose what stat set you get but if you do wvw at all it’s pretty easy to incorporate any stat set into a build, especially celestial which is conveniently available in every armor box.

All we need is a way to buy fractal skins with pristines and fractals will be in a great place in terms of rewards.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Actually based on wiki, weapons have a worth of 1g and armors have a worth of 2.4 silvers.

That’s expected value of 5.24 silvers per run.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Would be awesome to get an option to transform relics back to pristine relics then.
I always doubleclick them so they go to the wallet.

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

Would be awesome to get an option to transform relics back to pristine relics then.
I always doubleclick them so they go to the wallet.

Same, i always convert pristine to normal fractal relics…

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

We need more dredges!

Make a dredge snowy land, flying dredge, underwater dredges and you may as well make tentacle dredge elicit themed area with jade maw.

Oh and since you at it make a map where dredges kill trahearne in a extradimension where trahearne is actualy the replacement for scarlet and you got to help them kill him or this wont end well.

Problem comrade?

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

I get sad for my fractal brothers. All this effort for nothing, to be ignored as the new patches improve what does not need to be improved and dungeons/fractal remain stale.
All is vain.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Save for the dredge they always get upgraded more

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: Phil.7903

Phil.7903

Bumping this with my approval. Anet add this pls.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Sarah

Thanks for the reply, I may not have the numbers although im sure lots of people have done 1494+ world bosses and not gotten a precuser.

Coming back to fractals, compairing the gold / rewards to stuff that can be done in like a 10th of the time.. well.. I dont believe thats a fair jugdement.

I will agree with you about the uninfused rings dropping passed 29, and I can kinda see your point about the " getting the weapon skin you actully want" although things need to be alittle rng, do you want to be able to choose the rare/extoics you want every time it rolls for you to get one?

I know, I know, anet said they would have a merchant were you could spent the tokens you get on rewards you really wanted, although thats what makes fractals special, makes the skins and the tonic soo rare. Being able to buy the tonic, Im still being used to the idea.. I dont want to lose its rare-ness. I understand being about to trade you skins you have for others you dont; although I hate the idea of spending relics ( of any kind ) on just buying them.

Sarah

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

10/10. Would read again.

I finished my dalish elf a little while ago and now I want to play my dwarf noble. I got too confident and died in the deep roads after being exiled (hurrrdurrr 4 mobs with overwhelm gg) though so I guess in-lore I never become a grey warden if I don’t continue the save :p

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

I know, I know, anet said they would have a merchant were you could spent the tokens you get on rewards you really wanted, although thats what makes fractals special, makes the skins and the tonic soo rare. Being able to buy the tonic, Im still being used to the idea.. I dont want to lose its rare-ness. I understand being about to trade you skins you have for others you dont; although I hate the idea of spending relics ( of any kind ) on just buying them.

Sarah

This.

Weapons are past the point of exclusivity so I wouldn’t really care if they ended up at the vendor for pristine relics, but please not the tonic. It’s the only thing left in the game that I really want and don’t have, and I like the fact that it’s as rare as it it.

If we get higher tiers, and the drop rate increases with those tiers, I think that’ll be fine.

But there are far too many people who just spam low level fractals every day and have never even done 40s/50s (let alone higher levels pre-Fractured) but have tons of pristine relics saved and could just flat out buy the tonic 2 seconds after patch day if Anet ever made it available at the vendor. I don’t think I could stomach that.

It was introduced as a reward for people who do high level fractals and I think it should stay that way. If there was another way to get it that maintained that philosophy I’d be cool with that, but buying it with pristine relics? Nope.

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

a lot of these are very interesting suggestions, however. most of them will not EVER see the light of day. it would be nice if they could and your creativity is pretty nice! however anet wont take the time to make a lot of these suggestions come true. the only ones they can do are VERY simple suggestions that would take very little time and resources to make and yet have a big impact on dungeons,and are asked by a large portion of the community for. such as a weapon vendor or a drop % change.
IN ORDER TO KEEP THINGS RARE! V
additionally what alot of people fail to understand is the fractal rewards SHOULD NOT become easy to get for EVERYONE. they need to stay rare. and by fractal rewards i mean fractal weapons. however this would translate to fractal armor if such a thing would come to pass.

getting a random fractal weapon rarely threw RNG is all that there needs/should be for those that don’t run fractals as frequently as other players. but for harccore fractal runners only having the chance for said rewards threw RNG is a insult

what fractals rewards lack is the simple functionality to prevent hard core fractal runners from not getting their just rewards. particularly those with (fractal frequenter and all the other achievements ,fractal capacitor infused,and reward level 50)

so if there is going to be a fractal weapon/tonic vendor.
that vendor should only be available to those with all of the fractal achievements including the fractal frequented achievement maxed, reward level 50, and the fractal capacitor maxed.
and the price of said fractal weapons should only be 200-400 normal relics each.

that way hardcore fractal runners that have run tons of fractals,grinded out their fractal capacitor,and got to reward level 50 naturally can get the skins they don’t have/want easily without having to grind fractals all the time for the rng chance to get them. in addition this keeps fractals extreamly rare and only in the hands of people that earned them and those that are insanely lucky enough to get one threw rng

love your daily reward change btw. hate getting rings in 30+. just does not make sense. also gives innitative to just do a single level 50 a day. get your max rewards and then call it

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

I don’t really mind the RnG behind the skins, they need to stay rare imo. What I hate is how botched the RnG is when more skins drop in lvl 30-39 instead of at lvl 50. Daily fractal rewards can be increased in other ways, like a decent droprate of t6 mats or just a well deserved gold reward at higher levels. Also ofc ascended chests, their droprate should be increased. Forcing factal players to go to the crafting table to make their daily timegated mats in order to progress to higher level fractals is not very logical.

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

I don’t really mind the RnG behind the skins, they need to stay rare imo. What I hate is how botched the RnG is when more skins drop in lvl 30-39 instead of at lvl 50. Daily fractal rewards can be increased in other ways, like a decent droprate of t6 mats or just a well deserved gold reward at higher levels. Also ofc ascended chests, their droprate should be increased. Forcing factal players to go to the crafting table to make their daily timegated mats in order to progress to higher level fractals is not very logical.

most players are not playing fractals for the loot(there are much better ways) they are really their for a chance at the skins they want.

in which case rng is fine for those that are not hardcore fractal runners. it keeps said weapons out of EVERYONES hands

however there nEEDS to be a way for hardcore fractals runners to get their weapons outside of RNG. and by hardcore fractal runners i mean those with all fractal achievements including fractal frequented maxed, reward level 50, and a fractal capacitor maxed. those that have this^ by all rights should have the skins they want. and hay it keeps fractal weapons rare in terms of how many people have them, as those that have all this are bound to have a few skins, and if not …they should!

because let me tell you this is bs V

Attachments:

(edited by Chaos.3579)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d like for the Fractal Frequenter achievement to give you a Fractal Weapon Box for completing it. If you’ve done 500 Fractals, I think you deserve to get at least one weapon for your dedication.

cranos.5913

most players are not playing fractals for the loot(there are much better ways) they are really their for a chance at the skins they want.

in which case rng is fine for those that are not hardcore fractal runners. it keeps said weapons out of EVERYONES hands

however there nEEDS to be a way for hardcore fractals runners to get their weapons outside of RNG. and by hardcore fractal runners i mean those with all fractal achievements including fractal frequented maxed, reward level 50, and a fractal capacitor maxed. those that have this^ by all rights should have the skins they want. and hay it keeps fractal weapons rare in terms of how many people have them, as those that have all this are bound to have a few skins, and if not …they should!

because let me tell you this is bs V

There are better ways to gain loot atm, question is should there be? Fractals is by far the most difficult instanced PvE content and should give decent reward.

On the skins part… the OP was suggesting to sell them for like 50 pristine relics, you can get that by just doing a lvl 1 every day. Even the requirements you posted I maxed in less than a month, so I should have all skins by now?

TBH I’d be fine with a certain amount of special tokens that only drops from lvl 50 onwards. At least that way the skins keep some of their prestige.

Zaxares.5419

Wouldn’t really help their prestige considering there’s players who already have Fractal skins who got them as lucky drops from low-level Fractals. You never know if the person running around with one is a dedicated Fractal player, or whether they were just insanely lucky.

I myself have a Fractal Shortbow that dropped from a level 12(!) Fractal. The worst part? I don’t even want it! The only Fractal skin I want is the Sword, and I could theoretically run Fractals every day for the rest of GW2’s lifetime and never get it if luck wasn’t on my side.

cranos.5913

Wouldn’t really help their prestige considering there’s players who already have Fractal skins who got them as lucky drops from low-level Fractals. You never know if the person running around with one is a dedicated Fractal player, or whether they were just insanely lucky.

I myself have a Fractal Shortbow that dropped from a level 12(!) Fractal. The worst part? I don’t even want it! The only Fractal skin I want is the Sword, and I could theoretically run Fractals every day for the rest of GW2’s lifetime and never get it if luck wasn’t on my side.

I never said the weapon boxes were a bad idea and I also expressed concern about the current RnG applied in fractals. Rewards definitely need a change, but 50 pristines, that’s a skin every 10 days come on…

Zaxares.5419

That’s only if you do all 5 Fractal tiers every day though. The average player is only going to do Fractals once a day (if that), so that’s almost 2 months for a skin of their choice.

Posted by: Impale.2503

Impale.2503

I want these changes, SO badly…..

SO….

Badly….

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom – Guild Leader
The Rise – The Murder – The Gravity – The Ghostly

Posted by: Trollhammer.7439