Fractal: Cliffside arm seals after update

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

The posts above are correct, the entire group of chanters is respawning after a wipe at any point. I’m going to change it so that only the 2 initial chanters will respawn on a wipe, and the larger group will spawn once the first 2 are killed. (As it used to work, except that the 2 chanters will reset after a wipe.)

just the MOST asked change since fractal release XD
thank you

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Thanks for working on fix. It might get some players back to play fotm. I believe dredge map rework would get even more players back. And ticket drops instead of getting certain fractal weapon too (It should be same system as Jade weapon tickets/Fused weapons/Sclerite – you get token and trade it for weapon). Many players with like 7 torches and 5 warhorns and 0 weapons that they actually want agree IMO. But this was mentioned thousand times in other threads, so lets focus on fixing that Cliffside fractal.

I think it would be better to have a ticket formula, if we do actually get a fractal weapon ticket instead of weapons, everyone will be running around with fractal gs, also, so, we should have a way to make a fractal weapon ticket, but it shouldn’t be easy, and must include fractal related items only, maybe some skillpoints, but a certain way to get the weapon you want

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

In meantime our 38 run earlier had great success by holding ground towards the northern end of the tunnel.

When the north seal came up, everyone covered the hammer runner, when the south seal was up, our two mesmers took turns running the hammer under invisibility, then porting back to the group to keep things ticking over fast and clean. Did the run about as fast and smooth as we would have done using the “traditional” method of not killing the first two chanters.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

The only change I made was making the cultists respawn after a wipe. I didn’t adjust the number of cultists at all.

Why would you be touching fractals at all lol?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Sanlucifer.1742

Sanlucifer.1742

Oh boy was i trying to throw in some insults and etc, i just needed to breath for a few seconds… it was fun today doing a 36 fractal we lost the hammer falling on the part of the seals so everything was working as planned u know leaving 1 cultist alive here then running other side targeting another leaving the other alive and oops someone felt so i was like wait!, they added it that if we all die the hammer appears! ( cause we couldnt get the hammer)

We did that and everyone blamed it on me because i thought that they documented that on patches notes but they didnt say anything about making all cultists respawn again, not only all respawning again… the everything that could spawn spawned so it was impossible to do.

Third map, the lucky charm… another frustrated fractal, which usually we never have them unless something is changed and we are not aware of it.

Posted by: Falq.8052

Falq.8052

Thanks for working on fix. It might get some players back to play fotm. I believe dredge map rework would get even more players back. And ticket drops instead of getting certain fractal weapon too (It should be same system as Jade weapon tickets/Fused weapons/Sclerite – you get token and trade it for weapon). Many players with like 7 torches and 5 warhorns and 0 weapons that they actually want agree IMO. But this was mentioned thousand times in other threads, so lets focus on fixing that Cliffside fractal.

I think it would be better to have a ticket formula, if we do actually get a fractal weapon ticket instead of weapons, everyone will be running around with fractal gs, also, so, we should have a way to make a fractal weapon ticket, but it shouldn’t be easy, and must include fractal related items only, maybe some skillpoints, but a certain way to get the weapon you want

Agreed.
There are several options for this, like 20 pristine relics + 1 ticket + etc. = certain weapon.

Posted by: Surferboy.1649

Surferboy.1649

not everyone wants a gs^^
i got a gs and now it is in my bank, because I don’t have any use of it. But yeah, I’m still waiting for my second dagger and with a ticket I would have exchanged the gs for it.

Well, maybe in some months they will implement what they wrote in the patch notes. I haven’t seen a patch note, which wasn’t bugged. Also the new dungeon was directly bugged.

Nevertheless it is possible to do it, even when both sides got killed. But it is really hard.

@Bismuth how often do you get a fractal weapon dropped? I did already at least 100 runs and got 3 fractal weapons. So everyone who wants a fractal weapon would have to level up to 20 and then get lucky to get one of the tickets. That is a lot of time.

In my view the fractal weapons aren’t really pretty, but due to the fact that there are no nice dagger skins (for thief) in this game yet, i want fractal daggers because of the gloom.

(edited by Surferboy.1649)

LordByron.8369

or go to 48 and fill a bank slot :|
WHile not dropping the second dagger you are after since 350+ dailies

but that is the point of having RARE weapons that for once doesn t have GOLD involved.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Surferboy.1649

Surferboy.1649

oh, the percentage increases with the level? nice, i will have 30ar soon, then I can level up to lvl 40

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

So, when can we see this change?

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

You must be new here.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Sithaco.4673

You must be new here.

Nope, I’m not. It just didn’t sound like a ‘will eventually happen’ kind of fix, more of a will fix it pretty soon. Maybe next patch.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

I really can’t give specific timeframes for bug fixes/etc. because if something comes up that delays it, it makes us look deceptive. : (

A fix is currently in testing, once it’s confirmed and cleared it will go into the next available update.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

You must be new here.

Nope, I’m not. It just didn’t sound like a ‘will eventually happen’ kind of fix, more of a will fix it pretty soon. Maybe next patch.

Yep, new here.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I really can’t give specific timeframes for bug fixes/etc. because if something comes up that delays it, it makes us look deceptive. : (

A fix is currently in testing, once it’s confirmed and cleared it will go into the next available update.

I disagree completely. If something specific delays it, you could just say “well this was scheduled to go into the next patch but it got bumped due to such and such.” and I’m certain there’d be no torches and pitchforks. It’s the not telling us anything that’s way way worse. Transparency goes a long way towards building goodwill.

The last sentence in your post is good enough for me, FYI, and I really do appreciate you guys actually fixing something that needed to be fixed in fractals.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

^
Agree.

Like the ecto salvage case. Even though there wasn’t any fix yet, John Smith commented on the forum just to let everyone know it’s in the progress. And I can tell you, people really appreciate that.

And yeah, as far as knowing you guys working on it, it’s good enough.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The posts above are correct, the entire group of chanters is respawning after a wipe at any point. I’m going to change it so that only the 2 initial chanters will respawn on a wipe, and the larger group will spawn once the first 2 are killed. (As it used to work, except that the 2 chanters will reset after a wipe.)

There’s also something changed with the seal regen speed. I have been running this fractal at level 10 for a long time, and it was an easy deal even without leaving one chanter alive strategy. The regen speed at this level allowed for relatively careful approach, without the need to rush too much. Now, no matter how fast we move, the seals always regen to full.
It’s way harder than it was before.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

The only change I made was making the cultists respawn after a wipe. I didn’t adjust the number of cultists at all.

Why would you be touching fractals at all lol?

IIRC there was an issue where people were wiping, seals were resetting, and they were stuck with nothing spawned because the flags for the spawns didn’t reset.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

So the old tactic doesn’t work, how do you deal with arm seals part now?

It seemed almost impossible to do for my group today. (Guard, Warr 2x, Ele 2x)

And important note: This was only fractal lvl 20, I think after this update its really impossible to do this part on lvl 40+.

Not to sound like a kitten but this is the way it use to be done when it first came out and up until level 39 you can just rush from side to side and don’t kill them all which caused them to follow you into tunnel buying you time. We even use to leave one person on one side who would grab aggro and pull them into the tunnel then let them leash.

With your team setup on level 20 its defiantly a L2p situation. You should have no problem at 20. This does make 40+ not worth the time even more than ever. I guess this is anets way of trying to get rid of the all zerker groups. Once again the casual players win.

So let me get this straight…. If you aren’t running full zerker gear, you are a casual….. That is the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Player Character.9467

There’s also something changed with the seal regen speed. I have been running this fractal at level 10 for a long time, and it was an easy deal even without leaving one chanter alive strategy. The regen speed at this level allowed for relatively careful approach, without the need to rush too much. Now, no matter how fast we move, the seals always regen to full.

Seals don’t have a regen speed, the chanters all cast heals on it. It’s only faster because you’re leaving more stronger enemies lying around with nothing to do but heal the seal.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Maybe a way to fix this would be to give chanters a channel heal.

2 second channel , at the end of channel heal seal a bit. This way players can interrupt.

Player Character.9467

Maybe a way to fix this would be to give chanters a channel heal.

2 second channel , at the end of channel heal seal a bit. This way players can interrupt.

… if ur in range to interrupt then they would be fighting you instead of healing it…

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

Ok, I’m not seeing anyone else posting this so I’m gonna ask. Am I the only one who has had this bug without a party wipe? We did level 39, the only thing that went wrong was a person (me, oops) falling with the hammer, but it was recoverable without party wipe. We got to the seals, and boom. Killed one chanter whilst leaving the other alive (and targeted to prevent accidents) and more spawned. Killed those, and EVEN MORE spawned. It was like the sorcerer’s apprentice. We had to leave in the end on our third fractal. Not a single person was happy about that :|

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Seals don’t have a regen speed, the chanters all cast heals on it. It’s only faster because you’re leaving more stronger enemies lying around with nothing to do but heal the seal.

Yes, i know that chanters regen the seals. What i was saying is that while i was doing fractals the same way i always used to do (and in the same group of people, in case someone wondered), the end result was completely different. So, obviously something did change there.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Trevax.5870

Trevax.5870

Does anyone know if Cliffside fractal has been fixed yet or not? I’m hesitant to run any fractals now due to the this nasty bug. I ran a 38 Tuesday night and we got Cliffside on third fract…one of our member’s mouse ran out of battery juice and it cause us to wipe on the seals just before final boss. Needless to say, all of the chanters spawned on both sides of tunnel, and it literally took us 2 hours to come up w/a strategy to get past it. If anyone has any insight as to whether or not Anet has fixed this issue, please let me know. Thanks

Posted by: Fleshplug.7083

Fleshplug.7083

LordByron.8369

^^^

At 48 its really hard to survive enough to get to the seal in a filled room……if stuff respawned you won t be able….

And every time a player is downed the seal is healed completely due to the few seconds you waste.

Its really a pain.

GW2 balance:

Sithaco.4673

You must be new here.

Yep, new here.

Yea well I got an answer, and that is the point of asking a question thank you very much.

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

Does anyone know if Cliffside fractal has been fixed yet or not? I’m hesitant to run any fractals now due to the this nasty bug. I ran a 38 Tuesday night and we got Cliffside on third fract…one of our member’s mouse ran out of battery juice and it cause us to wipe on the seals just before final boss. Needless to say, all of the chanters spawned on both sides of tunnel, and it literally took us 2 hours to come up w/a strategy to get past it. If anyone has any insight as to whether or not Anet has fixed this issue, please let me know. Thanks

It´s still bugged, it was bugged in a lv 51 run ¬¬

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

how do you people do a lvl 50+ fotm when a lvl 40 maw ’s agony would instant kill many people …. sigh…

Or did i miss out on infused accessories and necklace? is there a recipe?

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Still broken, but you did manage to put a kite in the zone.