Fractal Difficulty Character Locked

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Riduy.1682

Riduy.1682

I’ve done only a few Fractals runs on my main, a Warrior, but like most dungeons I switch it up depending on whether the group needs more support, etc. Yet if I ever do want to use my Ele or Mesmer I have to grind to unlock those difficulties again.

Can the difficulty be account-based? I worked for them, after all. I made different classes to have more options to help my team, but it seems I’m just being punished for not only playing 1 class 100% of the time.

Posted by: Amra.6320

Amra.6320

Couldn’t have said it better. I feel forced to stick to my warrior and leave my thief behind, which is a shame

Posted by: Bluee.1425

Bluee.1425

This idea couldn’t hurt. Consider the fact you worked to get to x level means you’re already experienced and know what you’re doing and repeating it is just a simple grind which ruins the gameplay experience. Arenanet might have not considered this yet, but maybe in the future they will as long develop.

Commander Champion Magus Bluee of Rata Sum Security [RSS]

Posted by: Leashe.6472

Leashe.6472

I hope the anet devs see and implement the suggestions in this post.

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

As someone with 4 characters… I disagree with this.
Not everyone was able to get their fractal runs in this weekend. If its account bound its going to greatly reduce future accounts abilities to get their beginning runs in.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Riduy.1682

Riduy.1682

You’re assuming that I will run 5 characters through Fractals and thus becoming viable to join new groups. Instead this simply limits me to one clas. And as you say, new groups will suffer, because it’s clearly a gating mechanism. It’s already vastly more annoying to try to piecemeal 5 people together for your exact difficulty, praying your setup works for whatever random Fractal you get.

The entire design of this is counter-intuitive. You’re given 8 classes, but pretty much coerced into one unless you feel like GRINDING for all your characters just to give your party more options, and those options aren’t even reliable because of the whole random nature of the Fractals. I have no problem with a challenge, but there should be at least some alternatives. It’s pretty lopsided how these levels are designed, there should be alternative routes to the main objective, letting you decide what your party’s strengths are and choosing the approach, like the 3 routes of each of the real dungeons, where your class-skills and team synergy can actually be of use, rather than a roll-the-dice let’s see if our group gets the ones that suit us.

(edited by Riduy.1682)