Fractal Feedback

Fractal Feedback

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Texas.9547

Texas.9547

Arena Net, please watch this video. This is how everyone feels about your fractals. Whats sad is every iteration you have done except one (the one that increased the drop rates after the fractured patch), for rewards, has been a step backwards. Why is this so hard to get right?

Fractal Feedback

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

No, just no. This does NOT show how EVERYONE feels, just most people (( like everyone on this forum )) feels about fractals. I myseld like the changes to fractals and will stick with it.

Fractal Feedback

Posted by: DrEckers.2039

DrEckers.2039

So, the fact the current fractals is causing a mass amount of players to quit the format especially players who have already invested a ton of time in the format should not cause anet to seriously consider changes to the format. Sorry about being harsh, but Brazil did a good job of explaining many of the problems currently facing fractals, so the burden of proof is on you, Sarahfull, in why fractals should not be changed.

Fractal Feedback

Texas.9547

Sarahfull missed the part where I and Brazil said rewards and instead focused on all the changes that fractals received.

Yes changes like making fractals into islands were positive. Its the rewards that suck.

(edited by Texas.9547)

Fractal Feedback

Texas.9547

@Sarahfull, why do you enjoy buggy collections, and bosses with minimal mechanics? Did you watch the video? I think the parts you like about fractals are not discussed in the video.

Fractal Feedback

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

Sarahfull is saying that not everyone feels that way. And until you can prove that 100% of players agree with you (which is already impossible based on his protest), than his statement is correct. I think the rewards could use a little bit of a buff, and for the bosses to do more damage and be less tanky, but overall I like most of the changes to the fractals. They are a lot less tedious to run, and there is so much incentive with the casual/core/elite/master fractal collections. I’ve been having a pretty good time running fractals since the update.

Fractal Feedback

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Rewards are about the only thing I’m wanting a revisit on from the dev team. Boss damage/resilience could use some tweaking as well. Otherwise, everything else is fine.

Buggy collections? Anet just did a huge expansion release. So yeah, I expect bugs all over the place. From a priority perspective I wouldn’t think something like this would be on the top of their list either.

Fractal Feedback

Posted by: Filosophi.7251

Filosophi.7251

This is not how “everyone” feels, just the majority of the regular fractal runners, myself included, I’m disgusted by the current format for rewards. The rewards are total garbage, it usually COSTS you more money to open the fractal encryption than you get from it. And all you get are recipes, I have over 100 already. And I’ve gotten, I think….2 rings? This is absurd. The rewards are garbage and I’m only doing the daily one for the stupid research pages I need for the back piece. Beyond that, they’re dead to me…until they improve the rewards. seriously, 15-20s to open an encryption that returns u a 1s recipe and a 10s piece of garbage? That’s a loss. A pure and total loss.

Fractal Feedback

Filosophi.7251

And there’s NO incentive to complete ANY of the sets of levels. A fractal crate? basically 40 pristine relics, that’s not a reward, that’s garbage. 5 pristine and 1 golden? Pure garbage, and not even as good as the lower tier. Elite is 10 pristine and 2 golden relics, still garbage. Master, yea yay you get a golden weapon. What’s the incentive? I’ve not received a golden relic yet, and as far as I know, they only come from those boxes, which is 3 total, not enough for a weapon, or salvaging a golden weapon, which you can’t do until you hit 100. You need 4 for a random weapon….you have to complete all 100 so far, to even get a weapon and 3 golden relics…Unless they drop somewhere else that no one knows of yet…or is not listed on wiki…

Fractal Feedback

Texas.9547

Yeh, Im thinking that pretty soon the people who are somehow ok with the rewards, are going to have trouble finding groups, as the rest of us will have shipped off to other content or other games.

Fractal Feedback

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

This is not how “everyone” feels, just the majority of the regular fractal runners, myself included, I’m disgusted by the current format for rewards. The rewards are total garbage, it usually COSTS you more money to open the fractal encryption than you get from it. And all you get are recipes, I have over 100 already. And I’ve gotten, I think….2 rings? This is absurd. The rewards are garbage and I’m only doing the daily one for the stupid research pages I need for the back piece. Beyond that, they’re dead to me…until they improve the rewards. seriously, 15-20s to open an encryption that returns u a 1s recipe and a 10s piece of garbage? That’s a loss. A pure and total loss.

Don’t you get fractal keys for free? I have like 10 sitting in my inventory from just running a few dailies.

I’m not sure why you are so concerned about the research pages when the real issue is the 12 or whatever ascended armor/weapons that you need to salvage, when they drop about once a month if you do all dailies every day.

Fractal Feedback

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Yeh, Im thinking that pretty soon the people who are somehow ok with the rewards, are going to have trouble finding groups, as the rest of us will have shipped off to other content or other games.

How could anyone be ok with the rewards? The only things worth doing fractals for are ascended gear and fractal weapons. Both of which have dramatically worse drop rates (1/10 as much) as they did before.

Fractal Feedback

Texas.9547

I dont know Yaki, Im not happy with them thats for sure. I started this thread cause I wanted Anet to see that even there long time players and respected community members are unhappy with them.

Sometimes I think they wait to see if its just entitled whining or if its a real legitimate problem. And with Brazil making a video out of it, I feel less like an entitled whiner. Anyway, when can we get our —-E and storm the castle?

Fractal Feedback

Filosophi.7251

One key for free? Wow. That’s AMAZING. Especially when I get 4-6 encryptions from the levels I do (currently personal lvl 80). I do my daily low ones, but still, I end up with WAY more encryptions than keys/matrices. So, I have to buy them. At 20s a pop, specially with matrices near 40s already and for what? only to get 10s garbage back. It might be nice to the new people to fractals, but to the experienced veterans of fractals, this is pure garbage, garbage loot, and a nearly garbage format…And no 50+ or 75+ daily? Come on.

And the research pages are for the legendary fractal back piece. Something I want. Bad.

Fractal Feedback

Filosophi.7251

Beyond that, salvaging ascended isn’t a huge deal to some of us. We have extra rings, accessories, amulets, armor and weapons from when fractals dropped good stuff. I still have 4 ascended chests in my bank waiting to either be used or salvaged and have already gotten 14 balls of dark energy….So you must obviously be new to fractals…

Fractal Feedback

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Agree with every word Brazil spoke. 100% agree.

Fractal Feedback

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

I am really saddened at the state of fractals. Prior to HoT I was big on fractals. Ran 2-3 every day and they were fun. Not crazy challenging but they at least required me to think about what I was doing. However, now I can simply run the lowest level fractals possible and get my dailies. It’s rather mind numbing and while I guess I could run fracs closer to 50, what’s the point? Part of the fun of fractals was doing your best to clear runs as painlessly as possible for a chance to get ascended gear or even a fractal weapon but with how easy it is to get dailies now, it’s become a snore fest. Sadly.

Fractal Feedback

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I recommend you all go read the newest post on the Fractal forum by the devs. Changes ahoy!

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Fractal Feedback

Texas.9547

Yeh, I caught that unbentMars. Heres the highlights (should probably start a new thread for this)

- Toughness scaling: Good stuff, all builds being viable is good, less time to kill bosses, good

- Money increase: Sounds good, the money was low. Not awful low so it shouldnt take to much of an increase to put it in a good spot.

- Ascended drop increase: This sounds good on paper. Problem is we dont know how much of an increase. From community response, and the fact that were getting raids leads me to believe we wont be seeing the 10% chance we had before which leaves me with a bad feeling and since this was the most important part to me, sours the whole thing for me. I have a bad feeling of forboding. Anyway, Im sure others feel different. Also where they say the emphasis on ascended armor at higher levels should not be read as your chance to get a drop increases at higher levels; but instead should be read as, your chance to get ascended remains at 5% but your chance for the drop you got to be an armor drop is higher.

Things not addressed are: Same old crappy boss mechanics. No work is being done to update old fractals. Repetitive instabilities and bad instabilities; nothing is being done as yet about these. Broken collections, I assume these will be fixed but since no mention of them in the blog post I could get my self in trouble with those assumptions. And worst of all, no addition of a daily 75 to 100 fractal; holy crap how did they miss that.

Sorry this kinda devolved into a pessimistic out look for the update, but they make it so hard to be an optimist.

Fractal Feedback

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Yeh, I caught that unbentMars. Heres the highlights (should probably start a new thread for this)

- Toughness scaling: Good stuff, all builds being viable is good, less time to kill bosses, good

- Money increase: Sounds good, the money was low. Not awful low so it shouldnt take to much of an increase to put it in a good spot.

- Ascended drop increase: This sounds good on paper. Problem is we dont know how much of an increase. From community response, and the fact that were getting raids leads me to believe we wont be seeing the 10% chance we had before which leaves me with a bad feeling and since this was the most important part to me, sours the whole thing for me. I have a bad feeling of forboding. Anyway, Im sure others feel different. Also where they say the emphasis on ascended armor at higher levels should not be read as your chance to get a drop increases at higher levels; but instead should be read as, your chance to get ascended remains at 5% but your chance for the drop you got to be an armor drop is higher.

Things not addressed are: Same old crappy boss mechanics. No work is being done to update old fractals. Repetitive instabilities and bad instabilities; nothing is being done as yet about these. Broken collections, I assume these will be fixed but since no mention of them in the blog post I could get my self in trouble with those assumptions. And worst of all, no addition of a daily 75 to 100 fractal; holy crap how did they miss that.

Sorry this kinda devolved into a pessimistic out look for the update, but they make it so hard to be an optimist.

At least they are working on it and not ceasing all activity like they did with dungeons :P hopefully they will continue to fine tine it and maybe work on some new content for it in between raids

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”