Fractal Improvement Suggestions

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Oogabooga.3812

Oogabooga.3812

My edit suggestions:

Aetherblade: Yes the opening bombs are good for a laugh when somebody dies, but other than that, are they necessary?

Aquatic Ruins, the dolphin path, just needs a little tweak: we should only need to dodge once when a krait shoots their spear. As it is, you have to double dodge for one krait which leaves you with nothing for the krait next to it.

Solid Ocean: Is the number of reflecting crystals spawning intentionally reduced? Sometimes the tentacles don’t drop one when killed, which almost guarantees that 1 or more party members will die at the end if the group goes fast, relatively speaking.

Urban Battleground, 2 changes: the fighters’ charge skill hits WAY TOO HARD for even tier 1 difficulty (btw, why do I get “hit” by the monks’ Heal Party for 5k damage?); for tier 4, the beginning Ascalonian mob that comes for the party is too big/tough. I’ve surrendered to the fact that the party will wipe 3-5 times just to clear the Dulfy-aggroed group (more if playing the Toxic Trail instability). Most people rage quit after try #2.

Cliffside: Although this was shortened, it’s still too long. The crotch level especially requires a few too many hits for tier 4.

Molten Furnace: Why are there steam walls after the big mob even there after we plug the vents? Feels like Obiwon Kenobi chasing Qui Gon and Darth Maul.

Nightmare: Enjoy it, but it’s too long. Perhaps consider quickening the pace of the capture points or at least take out the tutorial part.

Uncategorized: the shaman champ boss at the first room takes too long to kill.

Underground Facility: still takes way too long. Too many trash mobs at the very start and through the 1st gate. A few players try to skip them because dredge take a long time to kill, but the mobs then usually end up killing a member or 2 of the party, making the 3rd gate impossible.

Molten Boss: please give the option to skip the cutscene. (I’ve decided to pose in the cutscene with some potion or costume now to amuse myself)

Volcanic: it seems like we have to kill more trash mobs at the beginning at lower tiers than upper tiers. Is this true?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Well other then the charge on low level urban battle ground, I cant really agree to any of these improvments.

You want easier/shorter fractals mate, well there is alway fractal 40. ( and even that short one you complain about a 6 second cut scene)

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Same, want faster experience get a static or drop a tier. I only play fractal and with pugs im done in 40~ t4 and 100cm usually. Thats 40 mins and im looking for more excuses to do fractals daily.

Fractals kinda hit the sweet spot because a group that knows what is doing will blaze through them while a group that doesnt wont. We should my already small time of doing my fave content in game be further shortened?

With changes that dont impact total time it takes to clear i agree i suppose.

(edited by zealex.9410)

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Urban Battleground, 2 changes: the fighters’ charge skill hits WAY TOO HARD for even tier 1 difficulty (btw, why do I get “hit” by the monks’ Heal Party for 5k damage?); for tier 4, the beginning Ascalonian mob that comes for the party is too big/tough. I’ve surrendered to the fact that the party will wipe 3-5 times just to clear the Dulfy-aggroed group (more if playing the Toxic Trail instability). Most people rage quit after try #2.

Just a remark – usually a single Sandstorm is enough to clear the whole mob without a single player dying.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I do agree with removing the underwater mines on Aetherblade and addressing the cutscene on Molten Boss (they probably need to fix the farmability of this on L40 first, though), but not so much on the others. Enemies already melt if you take properly buffed groups with good DPS rotations, but most pugs just don’t and so they deal with slower kill times all around. Most of the rest (ie. dolphin dodges) are just L2P issues I’m afraid.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Well other then the charge on low level urban battle ground, I cant really agree to any of these improvments.

You want easier/shorter fractals mate, well there is alway fractal 40. ( and even that short one you complain about a 6 second cut scene)

I agree; these wouldn’t improve any of the fractals for me, just make them shorter.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”