Fractal Improvements!

Fractal Improvements!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

I was personally very happy to see these changes. I only wish we didn’t have to wait till end of January to see them put into game.

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

Still waiting for them to make good on the promise that Ascended gear etc would be available to the other avenues of the game so we can run other things than FotM

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Serasvictia.4769

Serasvictia.4769

Haha, this choosing level thing is pretty silly. How can a person on level 2 fractal help in anyway with level 21? They’d go splat the first time agony gets triggered! I guess they can be the distraction…

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

It was just an example..

Lets replace level 21 with level 10, hows that? No agony! Imagine that the person at fractal level 2 has full exotics. Hey, perhaps have even played higher on his/her main!

Also, ascended gear is accountbound right? So.. imagine his/her main getting ascended gear, for the alt. The alt goes on to fractal level 21 WITH agony resistance. Awesome.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

(edited by Blackwolfe.5649)

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Nilm.2984

Nilm.2984

Haha, this choosing level thing is pretty silly. How can a person on level 2 fractal help in anyway with level 21? They’d go splat the first time agony gets triggered! I guess they can be the distraction…

I am sure on paper they think it’s great, and heck if you are playing with friends it really is. But if you are playing with randoms you’re just going to get what we have now already, high level players only playing with fellow high levels, and the low levels complaining that the over 10 groups they get are too hard.

This will only partly fix the issue.

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I personally would have rather they said nothing at all than tell us of something occurring at the end of January.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: IV Endu.8920

IV Endu.8920

To anyone who’s reading this and is thinking about complaining. STFU.

They’re making progress towards a better game and I’m pretty stoked about this announcement.

Also, you’re not forced to run FOTM. The stats are barely higher than Exotics.

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: LemurTron.9261

LemurTron.9261

this is excellent! Now if you are running 25-29 (or something within a similar range), it will be a lot easier to find a group, and AR range will be reasonable

Will fotm (and thus gw2lg.com xD) be split between Odd v Evens? ie im guessing the odds may not want to run Maw?

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Slacker.2679

Slacker.2679

The main reason I don’t like this idea is that it’s going to bring about forced gear checks for PUGs, and there are going to be a lot of low level players trying to do 20 or even 30 just because of the promise of loot and weapon skins. Leveling is part of the learning process with fractals, you can’t just expect to jump in at a higher level and have it be the same difficulty as 1-10.

Personally I have never had trouble finding a group, the only times I’ve had issues were the occasional odd level after 10, and that only involved a bit more waiting. GW2LFG is a very handy tool and I would rather see something like this implemented in the game.

I am, however, very excited that they are able to implement changes to accommodate disconnects or other unexpected circumstances.

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

To anyone who’s reading this and is thinking about complaining. STFU.

They’re making progress towards a better game and I’m pretty stoked about this announcement.

Also, you’re not forced to run FOTM. The stats are barely higher than Exotics.

So we shouldn’t complain about things that should have been in there since day one? Like the disconnect issue that was there since the start? You think it’s fine to release half broken content and get around to fixing it more than 2 months after it was released? These aren’t improvements.. they are things that should have been implemented day one of the patch. You know.. play test it before releasing it like very company should be doing? Not this “We’ll release it bugged and patch it later” like console developers do.

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Hard.9347

Hard.9347

I think all the changes mentioned are great but what I want to know most is will there be another way to get Vial of Condensed Mists Essence or any kind of mist essence for that matter?

I have a mesmer on fractal scale 12 and a ranger on fractal scale 12 and I have never gotten a single essence. There is something seriously wrong with that fact imho.

I have guild member who boast that they got it one on their first run and some who have multiple essence and they are not even past fractal 5.

Put them on the vendor to be purchased with fractal fragments or something. I can’t even make the first stage back piece yet and that is just completely ridiculous considering how much time i’ve invested in fractal dungeons, not to even mention the amount of essence required to upgrade ascended pieces.

Would love to hear from a developer on this issue.

The enjoyment is experiencing the journey, not getting to the destination.

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

I was personally very happy to see these changes. I only wish we didn’t have to wait till end of January to see them put into game.

All I can say is, they better not put a Fractals component into the January monthly. Two monthlies already of funneling players into broken content is absurd. Even fixing the disconnect issue probably won’t help with players randomly leaving mid-run without saying anything and never coming back – which happens a lot more in Fractals than in any other dungeon, in my experience.

Put them on the vendor to be purchased with fractal fragments or something. I can’t even make the first stage back piece yet and that is just completely ridiculous considering how much time i’ve invested in fractal dungeons, not to even mention the amount of essence required to upgrade ascended pieces.

Would love to hear from a developer on this issue.

While I am obviously not an ANet representative, I believe that their stance on the subject is that there’s already a way to obtain ascended back gear without relying on RNG – the Prototype Fractal Capacitors attainable for Fractal Relics.

I agree that essences should be available for Fractal Relics (even if it means making them available for an obscene amount of them…), but I suspect that it’s not in the pipeline.

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

The fact that Anet are working hard on improvements is great but i can see problems with the new levelling system.

Con – A level 1 pug with no Agony Resist or clue joining a level 20 group isn’t going to work

Con – A level 1 pug says that he/she is level 18 to join a level 20 pug.

Pro – Great if this level 1 player is an alt that does have good AR and knowledge.

Pro – Great if this is a guild run and you’re all prepared to suffer the consequences of the level gaps

Idea – Party window should show each players level and AR.

Also – Not sure if they are working on this but a party finder of some sort, preferably with filters.

Also – Cross world fractals without the need for overflows, after 1-2 am it’s not possible.

Anyways this is not a moan, I’m very happy with any improvements they make to this fractal system. Just my ideas on the subject.

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: NightyNight.1823

NightyNight.1823

Great improvements , I’m glad to see that ANET is listening to us.Haven’t been dissapointed yet so far , keep it going:P woot
All hail ANET !

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Slacker.2679

Slacker.2679

So today while trying to find a 5th member for Fractals 23, we had a few 3-4 level players join us thinking the changes had gone into effect and that they would have no problem doing 23. lol.

Really not looking forward to this.

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

This really just begs the question,

“Why does Agony exist?”

You can literally never have another hint of vertical progression, keeping ascended as powerful as it is and keeping the ability to customize infusions and such.

So why do we have agony?

Why is it there?

What purpose does it serve?

It doesn’t challenge.

It annoys.

Why is it there?

Am I being repetitive?

I am?

Well get rid of pointlessness and i’ll stop. lol

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

first off i would like to say that i am happy about these improvements. but really i am disappointed about a number of things.

1) these were simple changes, and i cannot understand why they were not in when fractals came out. or in the most recent update.
the fact that they “may” come out at the end of the month makes me disappointed. really if it is that hard to put in a option that allows lower level people to join higher level fractals. or make it so that if a party member is disconnected from the fractals he can rejoin the fractals. like how people already can in other dungeons. HELLO!(this really should have been in at the beginning because i and many other people have been in situations were people would disconnect due to connection issues. which of course would mess up the fractals for everyone else in the party. really its a big deal that should have never existed)

2) there is also a possibility were people could scam the bonus “even” fractals, and yet still level. for example i am level 1. i get people to have me on level 12 so i get the bonus. then when i get the bonus, and level my fractal number. i will then repeat the level 12 fractal. i could repeat this process until i am level 12.
not much of a exploit seeing as 1 person at least would not be leveling. but an exploit none the less

over all i think that these things are too simple to have not been in at release of fractals.
on top of the fact that these things were simple. they were both a “must have” feature to the fractals. really to not have the ability to rejoin your group in the fractals is game ending.
and the separation of players in lower level fractals makes it nearly impossible for them to make a group. which is infuriating.
really i see level 1-3 fractal people looking for a group. but because people 10 and up will not do a sacrifice of there " fractal daily" or “fractal token loot” to help them level there fractal. they are stuck in terms of finding a group. on top of that this problem should have been easy to fix. and if it could not have been in at release. then it should have been in one of the recent updates. the fact that people are gonna have to wait until the end of the month is sad. i am not 1 of those people being at fractal level 16. but hay i feel there pain when i see there “lfg fractal 1” sign in lions arch.

ok maybe they could not have been included in to the game due to “complications”. but 2 months? come on

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

2) there is also a possibility were people could scam the bonus “even” fractals

There’s no system in place that limits people’s ability to do even-level fractals over and over if they please. And if someone was looking to quickly catch up, why wouldn’t they chain the faster odd-leveled fractals? You’re seeing the act of doing odd leveled fractals as some sort of horrid punishment that must be inflicted on people who want to increase their fractal level and this new system doesn’t require that, but all the new system is really doing is making it a choice between faster runs or higher loot runs like it should’ve been in the first place.

Fractal Improvements!

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

If you’re on difficulty 30+, you’ll just be asking people to link their AR gear before the run.

Which isn’t really a big deal.

I don’t think people are going to want to do super high difficulty stuff on their low fractal level character. For one, it says the loot will be scaled to the person’s actual difficulty level, probably applies to the daily chest. No being lev 4 and trying to join 26+ runs for infused ascended rings.

Actual use will be more like “I’m LFG for lev 13 but no one’s there, this group running 17 will take me though” which should be fine.