Fractal Initiate Achievement

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Q:

A quick question for anyone in the know that I’m having difficulty finding an answer to:

I’m trying to complete the fractal initiate achievement, this requires completing a fractal at each of the first 25 scales. The trouble is, I have noticed that sometimes I don’t get credit for a particular scale, so I suspect I don’t understand how this scale system actually works.

Sometimes I am convinced it is down to my personal level, yet other times this does not appear to be the case. To add to my confusion, I completed a fractal at personal level 20, real level 26, and got credit for some random scale despite already having achieved the scale 20 requirement previously, and there being no scale 26 requirement at all… Help?

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

I am a little confused at the end. But personal levels have nothing to do with your initiate achievement. To complete this achievement, you must do all 25 of the initiate levels. Once you complete the level your achievement progress should have that level with a check mark next to it. Your personal level increases only if you are doing a fractal level that is equal or greater than your existing personal level.

The BG Super Munster!

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

If you do level 5 but your personal level is 1, the achievement progress still is towards 5 (not 1). Personal level is REWARD level (aka loot you get level, has nothing to do with actual completion of wich level you do. So far i haven’t found a bug while hunting the fractal initiate achievement and others.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

If you do fractal scale 26 at a personal level of 20, then your personal level will go up by one to 21.
This will NOT however mark scale 21 off the fractal initiate achievement.
Your personal level determines the highest fractal scale you can “open” yourself, so clearly you must’ve been in a party that had a player with a higher personal level (at least 26!)

To complete the fractal initiate achievement, you must play and complete each of the fractal scales 1 through 25 (regardless of your personal level), tho doing so will ensure that you reach at least personal level 26.

I would note that there’s no limitation on what fractal scales you can do, you’re not prevented from going to 26 because you haven’t done 1-25 yet. Completing a fractal scale for the first time WILL check if off the appropriate Initiate/Adept/Expert/Master achievement progression.

(edited by Mizuki Kusanagi.6584)

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Make sure you haven’t already gotten the scale you are going for done, also ( and I see this a lot ) on some fractals you have to wait until the level updates, you can see this in the top right corner of the screen, if you are doing say a 25, and after killing Trin and getting the chests the top right corner should now say 26, you can leave the fractal then.

Solid Ocean is bad for this, taking awhile to update, same with Dredge, I haven’t really noticed the others, but long story short is, if you leave before it updates you will not get the credit for the level.