Fractal Loot Still Terrible

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Immediately after the patch, I started doing more fractals and the 50+ ones too.

From the 3/3 daily lv50+ chest, I got an ascended salvage kit with one, yet ONE single charge on it! No rings, no exotics, just a couple rares from the runs, blues, greens and the useless kit!

The next day, I got a single Stabilizing Matrix (ascended crafting material that are SO common and easy to get).

After two days in a row of really bad loot, I stopped doing the 50+ fractals. Today, I got my chest, went to open it in my inventory, and it wasn’t there!! My bags were not cluttered (because you don’t get much loot in fractals anymore) so it’s not like I couldn’t see it! I salvaged the few items that were there, double checked, tripple checked, nope … no chest!!

Seriously…

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

First day I got three ascended chests. Granted, that was from all the boxes I had saved up.

Though since then, one infused ring with bad stats, and a 1-use salvage kit.

Whoooooooo~~~

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Didn’t know you could get a salvage kit as a loot drop from dailies.

Stabilizing Matrices are slowly going up in price, and are quite “worth” it. And minimum you should be getting from a ring salvage is 2, up to 20 I believe.
You can get these from the daily chests though, perhaps that’s what you meant with your post.

Not sure what happened to your chest disappearing, maybe you opened it already and just forgot. If you did, you’d have another Tome of Knowledge.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I’d have to disagree. In the Tier 1 and 2 dailies (including recommended) the free keys and encryption boxes drop a few gold, and the Champion chest from Tier 3 has consistently given at least 1 member in my party an ascended box. Even buying keys at discounted rates and using them on encryption boxes still yields a profit.

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

Fractals are quite good now with the keys yielding decent returns and around 12% chance to get an ascended item.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

The fractal dailies provide you with a guaranteed:

- 3 Stabilizing Matrixes (30-35s a piece)
- 10 Fractal Encryption Keys
- 5 Pristine Fractal Relics (essentially 1/2 a ring which could get salvaged for more Matrixes)
- 12% chance for ascended armor/weapon from master chest
- way better chance for a ring from all chests
- around 20-30 Fractal Encryption Boxes (which ar going for 18-20s on the TP a piece)

So even without all the loot, which usually ends up to being 4-10 rares, and 1-4 exotics, you are looking at an absolute minimum of 6-8 gold from the guaranteed loot alone. For essentially 1 hour of fractals, maybe 1.5 hours if you take your time.

Now if we actually factor in the ascended chance, the pristine relics, the extra ascended rings which come out to more Stabilising Matrixes, alle the bonus loot during the fractal run…. I usually end with around 15-20 gold per daily.

That is more than acceptable for fractals.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

“oh god I had bad luck two days in a row and I’m not getting showered in ascended gear while completely ignoring guaranteed rewards and gold in form from materials, update sucks, Anet kittened up”

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

I think the rewards are pretty good. Everyday I do the fractals 2, 10, 21, 40, 56, 60, 67, and the two random ones for the daily chests. This gives me about 15 gold just from selling the trash I get to the vendor. Also since the update I have already gotten an armor chest and a golden fractal skin, not bad for a week of fractaling.

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I think the rewards are pretty good. Everyday I do the fractals 2, 10, 21, 40, 56, 60, 67, and the two random ones for the daily chests. This gives me about 15 gold just from selling the trash I get to the vendor. Also since the update I have already gotten an armor chest and a golden fractal skin, not bad for a week of fractaling.

hi,

I havent done FOTM in a very long time, but what do those specific FOTM levels mean? Are those providing special rewards or higher % to get some crafting materials?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

hi,

I havent done FOTM in a very long time, but what do those specific FOTM levels mean? Are those providing special rewards or higher % to get some crafting materials?

How long is long?

Fractals are tiered differently now. 1- 20 (Adept), 21 – 50 (Veteran), 51 – 75 and 76 – 100 (Champion). There’s daily reward chests for completing various levels of fractals, and yes the loot varies accordingly.

As for the rewards, I find that completing all the fractal dailies gives a decent gold reward, which is about on par with what was earned in casual dungeon tours, but with way less actual loot.

The daily chest RNG has been pretty good to me, in the week or so since the update I got 4 ascended chests. Unfortunately, in typical Anet fashion they give with one hand and take with another. Changing stats on an ascended item is a brilliant change, but the downside is that the chest drops now contain a specific piece of armour. I got three chests of shoulders and one coat. Pretty happy with the changes overall, though.

rchu.8945

hi,

How long is long?

Fractals are tiered differently now. 1- 20 (Adept), 21 – 50 (Veteran), 51 – 75 and 76 – 100 (Champion). There’s daily reward chests for completing various levels of fractals, and yes the loot varies accordingly.

As for the rewards, I find that completing all the fractal dailies gives a decent gold reward, which is about on par with what was earned in casual dungeon tours, but with way less actual loot.

The daily chest RNG has been pretty good to me, in the week or so since the update I got 4 ascended chests. Unfortunately, in typical Anet fashion they give with one hand and take with another. Changing stats on an ascended item is a brilliant change, but the downside is that the chest drops now contain a specific piece of armour. I got three chests of shoulders and one coat. Pretty happy with the changes overall, though.

thanks for the info, it’s been over 2 summers ago that I played FOTM, it looks like I will be doing them more now

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I opened 77 chests and got ascended kitten. Zero. Nada. Bunk.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

hi,

Those specific levels refer to swamp, duo, swamp, duo, swamp, jade maw, swamp. It’s basically the fast fractals you can do to get your 3 tiers of fractal dailies done.

Ever since HoT specific levels are tied to specific fractals, no more RNG.

rchu.8945

hi,

Those specific levels refer to swamp, duo, swamp, duo, swamp, jade maw, swamp. It’s basically the fast fractals you can do to get your 3 tiers of fractal dailies done.

Ever since HoT specific levels are tied to specific fractals, no more RNG.

thanks!

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

Which type of chests?

- Daily Fractal Adept (1-20)- has nearly no chance for ascended armor or weapons. rings can appear here. Why should this be better? It’s litterally baby mode fractals.

- Daily Fractal Veteran (21-50)- still not good drop rates on weapons/armor. Infused rings have a decent chance as well as normal rings. Still beginner mode fractals on about the difficulty of fractal 30 back pre HoT.

- Daily Fractal Champion (51-100)- 12% on armor chests, 4% on weapon chests, very high chance on rings and infused rings, decent chance on skins. This is the only real daily chest of value and the drop rates are fine.

- Fractal Encryption Box (any)- has a 0% chance on any type of ascended (and my guess is you were either refering to these or low level daily chests). Literally only good for gold rewards. You could open 10,000 of these and not get a single ascended item because they do not have ascended in the drop table.

So unless you want to share which types of chests you are refering to, no one can help you.

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

Fracts still need 51-75 and 76-100 one level specific daily fractal.

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

5 daily chests a day and I don’t get anything special except for kitten fractal weapon skins I already unlocked. One after another. I don’t count the rings as special, obviously.

Cyninja.2954

5 daily chests a day and I don’t get anything special except for kitten fractal weapon skins I already unlocked. One after another. I don’t count the rings as special, obviously.

That is your problem. You are counting 5 chests a day. It’s essentially 1 chest per day, the rest of the chests are near useless as far as ascended armor/weapons go.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I wasn’t complaining about not getting ascended boxes, was I?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I wasn’t complaining about not getting ascended boxes, was I?

in all seriousness, what are you looking for them to put in boxes?
you already said that fractal only dropped skins dont impress you
gold doesnt impress you
ascended doesnt impress you

what would you hope they could put in boxes, And im seriously curious.

Posted by: Enewia.1356

Enewia.1356

Which type of chests?

- Daily Fractal Adept (1-20)- has nearly no chance for ascended armor or weapons. rings can appear here. Why should this be better? It’s litterally baby mode fractals.

- Daily Fractal Veteran (21-50)- still not good drop rates on weapons/armor. Infused rings have a decent chance as well as normal rings. Still beginner mode fractals on about the difficulty of fractal 30 back pre HoT.

- Daily Fractal Champion (51-100)- 12% on armor chests, 4% on weapon chests, very high chance on rings and infused rings, decent chance on skins. This is the only real daily chest of value and the drop rates are fine.

- Fractal Encryption Box (any)- has a 0% chance on any type of ascended (and my guess is you were either refering to these or low level daily chests). Literally only good for gold rewards. You could open 10,000 of these and not get a single ascended item because they do not have ascended in the drop table.

So unless you want to share which types of chests you are refering to, no one can help you.

Opened 10 champion chests since patch : not a single drop apart from the guaranteed kittenty ones. So for me drop rates are still kitten. Before Hot I had almost every lvl 50 run something of value like ascended chest or a fractal weapon skin. Now well i get 3g and some useless tome.
Also don’t look at just one research :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zMD0SKSgL_YUNMGdC9OCUA1rJsXA-Tdo9-W4cpKfpQ0/pubhtml
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Which type of chests?

Opened 10 champion chests since patch : not a single drop apart from the guaranteed kittenty ones. So for me drop rates are still kitten. Before Hot I had almost every lvl 50 run something of value like ascended chest or a fractal weapon skin. Now well i get 3g and some useless tome.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zMD0SKSgL_YUNMGdC9OCUA1rJsXA-Tdo9-W4cpKfpQ0/pubhtml
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml

you were lucky before, now you are unlucky.
This is the nature of rng.
the chances before for level 50 and the champion chest are roughly the same, at 15% you just are on the other side of the luck curve now.

the main difference is you could do a 15% chance, and also do like a 10% chance in the same day pre hot.

now, im not saying you should be happy with bad luck, but the culprit is the nature of rng distribution of items, not the actual rates perse.

get them to come up with a streak breaker, or guaranteed bottom style of rng.

(edited by phys.7689)

Cyninja.2954

Which type of chests?

Not sure what to tell you. You were obviously VERY lucky pre HoT (or ran 2-3 fractal 50s and got lucky). The drop rate for skins and ascended boxes pre HoT was certainly NOT daily. All drop research back then pointed to aproximately 12% on 41-50 daily and about 10% on the 31-40 daily for ascended boxes.

The links you provided show exactly what I stated. The only difference is in the following:

- you can’t run a 31-40 daily on top of a 41-50 daily any more. This means your total chance to get ascended per day is now lower. On the flip side, getting the daily chests has become way faster and easier with the current system.

- basic fractal skins have had their drop rate reduced. This is more than made up for the ability to buy select fractal skins and the increased pristine relics per day.

Obviously the big one is the loss of the second useful daily chest. Funny though beacuse no one is talking about the reduction of running ALL the dailies under the current system in 1-1.5 hours versus taking 2 hours for only 2 dailies pre HoT.

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

I’m still suprised by the ammount of USEFULL loot I seem to get in low tier fractals compared to higher ones.

Low fractal:

Bunch of T6 mats (mostly vials & claws)
Bunch of lodestones
Exotics

High fractal

Shard of mist essence
Tons of +1 infusions
Green/blue crap
Occasionaly a rare or exotic

Its probably RNG, but the loot just feels so much better on lower tiers for me