Fractal Masteries

Fractal Masteries

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Master Fractals: Uncover new depths in the Fractals of the Mists to gain powerful new abilities to overcome difficult fractal challenges, garner greater rewards, and unlock more powerful infusions.

Neat

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/reimagining-progression-the-mastery-system/

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

This has so much potential, just like everything about Fractals. I’m cautiously optimistic.

My heart can’t take another Fractured. I hope we get some more info about this, I don’t want the Fractals Mastery to work like another level reset. That’s what I really want to hear about.

I just want to know if once the expansion gets released if Fractals veterans will need to level up say, 50 masteries before they’re able to unlock a new tier of difficulty. That would not be received kindly no matter how it is used in practice.

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m cautiously optimistic as well.

I just want to know if once the expansion gets released if Fractals veterans will need to level up say, 50 masteries before they’re able to unlock a new tier of difficulty. That would not be received kindly no matter how it is used in practice.

While I agree, they said a lot of mastery points will be rewarded retroactively. It’s possible that by being at L50 already with a bunch of achievements done, we may get enough to go right up to L60 or something. One can hope, eh?

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: Fanolian.8415

Fanolian.8415

Guess I have to complete all the mistlock instabilities I skipped before HoT….

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

We’ll all be at personal reward level 1 (again (again)) after HoT, so fear not! we’ll all be on the same page. Equality FTW!

#NeverForget

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

While I agree, they said a lot of mastery points will be rewarded retroactively. It’s possible that by being at L50 already with a bunch of achievements done, we may get enough to go right up to L60 or something. One can hope, eh?

There’s so much room for ambiguity, I’m just hoping for some more info before anyone starts yelling that we’re in for another reset. If we have to start the mastery tracks from scratch regardless of personal level, achievements, number of pristine relics, bank tabs full of rings or unopened weapon and armor chests, I hope that they’re at least forthright with that information.

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

They said we will have mastery tracks awarded retroactively. But that still means we have to level up that track to get the abilities required for progress.

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

They said we will have mastery tracks awarded retroactively. But that still means we have to level up that track to get the abilities required for progress.

From the sound of it, you’ll have points to dump into the track of your choice. If you want to prioritize your old-world points into fractals, you’ll probably be able to push them quite a ways off of basic exploration/etc.

How much of a tradeoff it is is the interesting question.

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Cautiously optimistic, considering previous “improvements” to Fractals have ended in poor results.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m curious as to whether, when they say “new depths”, do they mean new Fractals are coming (because that would be BIG), or just that we can finally go higher than Fractal level 50.

Either way, it’s been long overdue for Fractals to get some loving. Here’s hoping we finally get a system to let us choose the exact Fractal skin we want too!

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The big question is whether fractals actually becomes rewarding or not. Or will easy old dungeons still be the go to for gold and fractals will still be a waste of time unless you like chasing a carrot on a stick.

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

My guess is that Fractal Mastery will give perks like shorter agony debuffs, reduced instability effects no armor breakage, increased ascended drop rates, increased relic rewards, lower vendor costs, access to new infusions through vendor, and even a ‘pick your own fractal skin if one drops for you’. Or even the ability to select your instances or bosses. With the map selection interface from PvP, they already have the tech in the game.

What I don’t want to see are boring things like +dmg, +hp, etc.

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

If only they made some real use out of fractal relics. :x

Attachments:

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

My guess is that Fractal Mastery will give perks like shorter agony debuffs, reduced instability effects no armor breakage, increased ascended drop rates, increased relic rewards, lower vendor costs, access to new infusions through vendor, and even a ‘pick your own fractal skin if one drops for you’. Or even the ability to select your instances or bosses. With the map selection interface from PvP, they already have the tech in the game.

What I don’t want to see are boring things like +dmg, +hp, etc.

All I care about is a collection of rings. Reward “Skin of Choice” for a complete set, or maybe something else whacky.

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

I bet for Anet to “correctly” implement fractal masteries they will need to reset everyone’s fractal level down to 30.

Fractal Masteries

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

If only they made some real use out of fractal relics. :x

dat’s a lot of pristines