Fractal PSA

Fractal PSA

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

It’s faster to melee these bosses. No need to range.

This is shown at 48 though it should apply for any level even 80 since stuff is all 1 shot anyway.

Rampaging Ice Elemental with 1 bucket 25s = http://youtu.be/oXLDvQOKzxU
Rampaging Ice Elemental with 2 buckets 1:19 = http://youtu.be/L7JNybJd2QU
- When it raises it’s arm dodge away or kite to max melee range behind it to avoid the agony circle around it
- When it stomps the ground kite behind it but not directly on it to avoid the icicle rows in front of it (can’t seem to reflect them like in coe)
- When it does the red circles dodge or kite them (have distinct sound compared to the vet ones)
- Bring a stun breaker in case a vet knocks you over
- It can be done in 1 pull…. TW!!! but you should have someone with a pull or launch ready when superheated ends to interrupt it’s heal (hunches down) since it goes through defiant. Kite it back to the circle and keep it there and have someone go up to pull it again. Superheated lasts 30s and the lever recharges in 45 seconds so you will have a 15s wait.
- Stick to the same one so you can put banners and such down

Powersuit = Same as ice elemental but less annoying. I don’t have a vid since we did half melee/range and I didn’t come up with the new method at the time and I don’t care for fractal anymore.
- Dodge melee attack (has huge cone can be DIRECTLY behind and not get hit)
- Dodge when it jumps (wall didn’t reflect this)
- Dodge or kite out of bomb circles (reflects don’t damage it and not sure if they even do anything for it anymore)
- Bring a block skill for the agony and use it as soon as it gets stability since you won’t have 2 dodges probably (agony is 3 attacks)
- Warriors running warhorn is a good for vigor
- Same tactics as above regarding interupting the heal and pulling levers

Jellyfish Beast 2:41 = http://youtu.be/8pom5gqiCZI
- Dodge the tail swipes (aegis is good to use when you see it)
- Use stability when it does the electric spin (stand your ground is great for this)
- Interupt the agony attack as it wastes time. Can you interupt it….YES!!!!!. Please do if you are awake for the fight. It does a slow twirl and you have to use a sink or float skill as soon as you see it as it goes through defiant.
- Cages aren’t worth the effort

Now for full melee ashym and final phase of archdiviner…….

I guess it wouldn’t be a fractal psa thread without some bloomhunger http://youtu.be/gRbZeYnu-6k

(edited by obal.3218)

Fractal PSA

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

How do you keep the the Ice ele from healing in the 15 second window? Was it luck, or something else?

Fractal PSA

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

NO UR SPOSED 2 RANGE

The response I get every time I say it’s faster to melee a boss.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Fractal PSA

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

You still range Bloomhunger though, right?

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Fractal PSA

obal.3218

How do you keep the the Ice ele from healing in the 15 second window? Was it luck, or something else?

I used binding blades to pull it. Pulls work through defiant and interrupt it. I’d imagine pushes do the same.

Fractal PSA

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

You still range Bloomhunger though, right?

only if the aoe circles aren’t being drawn

Retired. Too many casuals.

Fractal PSA

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Few more bosses and you’ll be fightning like a real man.

Fractal PSA

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Unless you get lucky with a random group of people, doing really high fractals where you have to know these stuff otherwise you wouldn’t reach that level or doing in a predetermined group (guildies, friends), it’s not as easy as it seems. People have hard enough time with range on them cos they can’t dodge. Better to be safe in these situations. I like getting Mossman cos around half the groups don’t melee Bloomhunger for example.

Nice vid though. Learnt a lot from it so when I get higher level (33) I’ll at least have a rough idea on new techniques.

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

Fractal PSA

Posted by: Yeni.3507

Yeni.3507

Well I got a PSA to you, “Some people just can’t dodge.”

Fractal PSA

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I have still yet to run Fractals in a proper organised group.

Sigh.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Fractal PSA

Lucky.9421

I used binding blades to pull it. Pulls work through defiant and interrupt it. I’d imagine pushes do the same.

Does that mean this can only be done with Guardian? I know warrior knockbacks do not work.

Fractal PSA

Lucky.9421

I have still yet to run Fractals in a proper organised group.

Sigh.

Find a nice guild

Fractal PSA

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Does that mean this can only be done with Guardian? I know warrior knockbacks do not work.

I never did this boss in melee, but if there is any logic and consistency in terms of what attack can interrupt a boss move despite defiant, then “Launch” type attacks should definitively work on that boss. They interrupt some boss attacks (like the mage crusher in arah p3) despite the presence of defiant stacks. Warrior stomp, Engineer Big Ol’ Bomb, Personal Battering Ram, Lightning Hammer 3, Dagger 5 on elementalists etc. (and also Banish.. on guardian hammer.)

edited to add more.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Fractal PSA

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Yup, AFAIK Launches do not Launch, but they do interrupt regardless of Defiant.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Fractal PSA

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

mesmer GS5 works iirc

Oceanic [LOD]

Fractal PSA

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Personally I dislike players kiting behind the Ice Elemental, since it often messes up aggro, and causes the boss to wander off in the wrong direction. But then again, I haven’t done level 40+ fractals yet.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Fractal PSA

obal.3218

Personally I dislike players kiting behind the Ice Elemental, since it often messes up aggro, and causes the boss to wander off in the wrong direction. But then again, I haven’t done level 40+ fractals yet.

I did it with 2 different group comps. It ran up to it every attempt to aggro it and pull it to the circle. It followed me the whole time every attempt. The level wouldn’t make any difference.

Fractal PSA

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Ashym would be really difficult I think, with all these fat charr npc around people can easily miss the AOE agony animation. The meteor shower has no red circles and is most likely one shot. If he takes out his FGS, a split second late WoR or if he decides to WW straight away before anyone has the chance to dodge then it’s a wipe

Oceanic [LOD]

Fractal PSA

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Agony is not a big issue because Aegis gives you more reaction time. But yeah, Meteor Shower is. People would have to quickly get back to direct it away or pull Ashym out of it.
At melee he will take FGS immediately at 25% (after shouting). So you can prepare but you need a Battle Standard or two to get through easily.

Fractal PSA

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

iirc fear used to stop the heal for ice elemental as well

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”