Fractal Relic Sink Needed

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

Hi,

since the infusion revamp, I’m sitting on thousands of fractal relics without being able to spend them somewhere meaningfully.

I cannot even spend them to upgrade my chars and gear with infusions, anymore.

I suggest you add the ability to purchase Integrated Fractal Matrix with fractal relics alone, at ratio you find appropriate (100/ea, for ex).

Another suggestion is to add the ability to purchase Stabilizing Matrix with fractal relics.

Ty

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

(edited by Meehael.8240)

Posted by: Kari.3849

Kari.3849

Yep, almost 1k Pristines and a lot of Relic’s without a way to spend them

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

Yeah I second that;
I was hoping more ring/backpack stats would become available, but seems that is never going to happen, so the only sink I have left is making ascended backpacks and salvaging them xd

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I’d be happy if they just made it so converting Pristines to relics wouldn’t take a million clicks. Can’t it just go directly into your wallet instead of creating more bags.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

please send them to me, I’m working on the Ad Infinitum and have an extreme shortage

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I am stacking them next to my 15k honor badges and 15000 stacks of tomes of knowledge.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Haha this is hilarious.

I literally only ever have under 50-100 relics, rarely ANY pristine ones since I can’t stand doing fractals.. too bad for infusions I like to min max my builds in WvW (I’d rather not waste precious laurels) and they now cost fractal relics… send some to me hehe.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hmm … my boring suggestion

Sell https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic-Warped_Packet for pristine relic and
one of those bag of masterwork gear for regular relics which is already on other vendor that takes its own unique currency

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Hmm … my boring suggestion

Sell https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic-Warped_Packet for pristine relic and
one of those bag of masterwork gear for regular relics which is already on other vendor that takes its own unique currency

I would be quite happy with this.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I wish we could convert the regular relics into Pristine relices

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That is never going to happen because if they allow that then they might as well just remove pristine relics entirely.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Please can you send me some too! Always in the need for more as you can never have enough 5/9 infusions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Haha this is hilarious.

I literally only ever have under 50-100 relics, rarely ANY pristine ones since I can’t stand doing fractals.. too bad for infusions I like to min max my builds in WvW (I’d rather not waste precious laurels) and they now cost fractal relics… send some to me hehe.

Why do you have to spend fractal relics to play WvW? Aren’t the huge laurel costs a bigger obstacle for a mere +5 stat boost?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

spirit shards and obsidian shards are available for purchase, in addition to zerk (and some other useless stats) backpieces. between the 3 of these, there is always something for you to spend all your relics on.

the only reason you have to complain is if you hate using the mystic forge to make gold, in which case i say if you arent willing to put in the effort to convert what is given to you, you dont deserve gold. it takes minimal effort to make eldritch scroll weapons.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Or they could… you know… make the ascended salvage drop rate not TOTALLY INSANE so that even normal people can afford the Fractal Reliquary.

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

I was thinking about spending fractal relics on something related to fractals, like infusions.

I wasn’t thinking about another currency converter.

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

videoboy.4162

That is never going to happen because if they allow that then they might as well just remove pristine relics entirely.

I guess that’s why they removed all the other lower versions of items you could upgrade to the better versions. Oh wait…

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I guess that’s why they removed all the other lower versions of items you could upgrade to the better versions. Oh wait…

It’s a currency, not an item. They will never let you upconvert normal relics to pristine relics.

Or they could… you know… make the ascended salvage drop rate not TOTALLY INSANE so that even normal people can afford the Fractal Reliquary.

This is an extremely good idea assuming they only adjust the value of the ascended amulet salvage item. The idea of spending 1700g on the item from the TP is awful, and yet I’d love to be able to dump Fractal Relics daily.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

The reliquary is a poor token sink, I have had it for almost a year and I still have more relics than ever despite never running fractals. The fact that you can buy the +5 agony for 25 relic then sell it back for 75 keeps it going for a long long time. Also there is not much worthwhile to buy from it.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

videoboy.4162

It’s a currency, not an item. They will never let you upconvert normal relics to pristine relics.

It’s also the only currency, besides silver and copper that has an upgraded version. But, unlike silver and copper, it doesn’t automatically upgrade to the next highest currency as you collect it.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It’s also the only currency, besides silver and copper that has an upgraded version. But, unlike silver and copper, it doesn’t automatically upgrade to the next highest currency as you collect it.

Silver and copper aren’t currencies, they’re units of a currency. The currency itself is ‘coin’ whether you’re talking in units of gold, silver, or copper. In case you don’t believe me, take a look at your in-game wallet.

The fact that you can buy the +5 agony for 25 relic then sell it back for 75 keeps it going for a long long time.

This sounds like an oversight of the AR update.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: OneUP.3024

OneUP.3024

Agree. I am sitting on several thousand pristine and normal relics. Nothing to spend them on

Quantify [qT]

Posted by: Dominik.5162

Dominik.5162

Same. sitting on 3.7k atm even after doing everything neccessary for the Ad Infinitum collections.

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Before the infusion change I was sitting at about 24k relics. Now I am sitting at 31k.

Attachments:

Posted by: Slyverine.7081

Slyverine.7081

Now you guys tell me you have like 20 +stat +9 AR infusions from EVERY stat and you don’t know what you can do with your excess fractal relics… As for pristine relics, buy rings, attune them and then salvage them for stabilizing matrices= profit.

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I’d say being able to buy ascended weapon/armor boxes (even at obscenely high pristine relic costs) would be a nice sink, and would also further increase the fractal-going population.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I want to buy Amulet and Accessories Ascended items, not just rings. Ascended items is much more necessary in Fractal than in every other content.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

Let me buy a fractal tonic for 1k pristines

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

We are definitely looking into more ways to spend fractal currency. Adding more rewards is an iterative process, so if you have a stockpile of pristines, relics, and pages I recommend holding on to them in case we add future rewards. We are of course always looking at feedback and suggestions for good rewards

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I would say mini pets of various things within fractals would be a cool reward. Imagine a Jade Maw mini :O

A non RNG way to get gold weapons would be nice as well. Perhaps it could be something to unlock at beating scale 100 like how normal weapons unlock at 50.

Could also add an ally summoning item like fire ele powder or ogre pet whistle.

The fractal tonics that exist could be made available from vendor and if that was something the devs were dead set against for some reason perhaps a consumable version instead.

A home instance node perhaps like the guild hall synthesizers except that it does random materials. The more you upgrade it the more types of materials you would possibly be able to get from the node

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

there is a non rng method to obtain gold weapons, but 10 gold relics is ridiculous with current drop rates.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

Could also add an ally summoning item like fire ele powder or ogre pet whistle.

Cat golems!

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

there is a non rng method to obtain gold weapons, but 10 gold relics is ridiculous with current drop rates.

A couple hundred relics for a gold relic would bring that in line with reasonable.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

I’m sitting on 45 golden relics and don’t know what to do with them after having all golden skins. I agree the drop rate of golden fractal weapons is way too high.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

My suggestion would be similar to the magic warped packets like in Bloodstone fen.

But for pristine relics, I’d love to see new minis and the Fractal Tonic become available for purchase once you reach personal fractal level 100.

Kitten.

Posted by: ZeCrazyG.6013

ZeCrazyG.6013

Yes please do some packets which contain t6 materials for like 12 pristine relics (that what we get with a daily)

Or some ascended stuff like in raid

(edited by ZeCrazyG.6013)

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Considering Ascended stuff is mandatory to do Fractals, add more ways to get them with pristine/frac relics would be nice.

And yeah t6 bags are always nice (I’d like to see t6bags in Raids too)

Amaimon.7823

We are definitely looking into more ways to spend fractal currency. Adding more rewards is an iterative process, so if you have a stockpile of pristines, relics, and pages I recommend holding on to them in case we add future rewards. We are of course always looking at feedback and suggestions for good rewards

How is the idea of selling fractal gathering tools, crafting material bags and some other tools. They’re already selling inventory bags which I approve of. Maybe for a lot of tokens a gambling box which contains a variety of items including an uncommon pristine relic, or very rarely mist essence or rings.

Amaimon.7823

Yes please do some packets which contain t6 materials for like 12 pristine relics (that what we get with a daily)

Or some ascended stuff like in raid

This is about the normal relics. The pristine relics already have a good conversion by buying and salvaging rings and selling the matrices.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I’m sitting on 45 golden relics and don’t know what to do with them after having all golden skins. I agree the drop rate of golden fractal weapons is way too high.

Sounds like you got lucky. I think I have 2 golden fractal skins, 7 or 8 relics and the choice chest from doing 75-100 fractals.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I feel that golden fractal relics is a terrible idea. Once we’re done with the golden fractal weapon collection we’re back where we are now. How do I know this? because that’s what happened with the original mist weapon set. If we want a true sink, it has to be something that continues to have value such as T6 materials, dungeon tokens, or rare quality gears.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Sounds like you got lucky. I think I have 2 golden fractal skins, 7 or 8 relics and the choice chest from doing 75-100 fractals.

Since you are a fan of rng in games like GW2 everything is perfectly fine for you in this case.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

Hi,

since the infusion revamp, I’m sitting on thousands of fractal relics without being able to spend them somewhere meaningfully.

I suggest you add the ability to purchase Integrated Fractal Matrix with fractal relics alone, at ratio you find appropriate (100/ea, for ex).

Another suggestion is to add the ability to purchase Stabilizing Matrix with fractal relics.

Ty

dont’ you need fractal relics and stabilizing matrix to make stat infusions? like mighty +5 power and +7 agony resist?

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Purchase asc armor & weapon boxes for x relics / y pristine relics?

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Hi,

Ty

dont’ you need fractal relics and stabilizing matrix to make stat infusions? like mighty +5 power and +7 agony resist?

Technically, yes, but by the time you will have 200 matrices for one infusion, you will have way, way more than 300 relics

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Since you are a fan of rng in games like GW2 everything is perfectly fine for you in this case.

I am not really complaining, I just stated you got overly lucky

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

We are of course always looking at feedback and suggestions for good rewards

I suggest adding useful consumable bundle items that grant some utility as we travel around in fotm or open world. Like the open world consumable bundles but on steroids!

Posted by: cassius.5809

cassius.5809

Wtb ‘travel to fractals’ – like the terrace/airship/home instance passes.

Fractal auras – would need to be super expensive to prevent everybody being a xmas tree

Buy titles – (not sure if theres a feasibility issue here since there isnt anything in the game that does this but you send items in mail after bugs which do this? Or are they activated via hidden achievements which is why we cant buy titles?)

Lore books – Loads of potential for lore in fractals, theyre mostly based on onown eventsnbut i really want to know about uncategorized / chaos and THAT asura!

Home nodes – For matrixes??. Not sure on this one, what the resourxe would be. Maybe +1 infusions. Whatever wouldnt knock the economy.

BL keys (long shot doubt anet want to introduce these more outside a paywall)

Fractal wvwpvp reward track unlock – again not sire what these would contain

Minis are ok but get hidden so often become useless

Instability remover/switcher – hate strip boons! Maybe gives you a random other one. Can imagine this is a technical implementation pain, 2048 effort!

Buy HoT tokens for fractal relics. Because we can do it with leystone convertor, why not!

Will see if I can muster some more which I perceive as ‘easy’ implementations. Obviously this is purely speculative, just guessing on the the technical framework. PS id pay money to sign an NDA just for a peak at the implementation. You know, fresh eyes n all XD

Posted by: cassius.5809

cassius.5809

Benjamin you big tease you knew full well what was in this patch no more boon strip, don’t have to worry about being flamed for risking inspiration signit in t4 anymore!!

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

well you got your relic sink .. 8k for infinite offensive potion,or you can buy with with 1200 priscine relics