Fractal Rings and a Lack of Stats

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gao Gao.4973

Gao Gao.4973

Why do the current Fractal Rings not include the very popular Knight’s Set Stats? They are Power, Precision, and Toughness. Other sets are missing as well! It’s important to note that people established builds based on the exotic stat set, and to not include them in the Fractal Rewards is just a strange idea.

Are there plans to release new rings that could include this stat set? I seriously have nothing to buy, unless I completely change my gear.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: bea.6193

bea.6193

Agree, seems anet want us full glass cannon since it’s the only stat that is consistent. The others ascendant items stats are not very convincing

Posted by: Malzeth.2168

Malzeth.2168

There’s no healing power set at all.

Crystal Desert / Guardian, Ranger, Ele, Engi “pewpew!” “NO YOU FOCUS!!”

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Why do the current Fractal Rings not include the very popular Knight’s Set Stats? They are Power, Precision, and Toughness. Other sets are missing as well! It’s important to note that people established builds based on the exotic stat set, and to not include them in the Fractal Rewards is just a strange idea.

Are there plans to release new rings that could include this stat set? I seriously have nothing to buy, unless I completely change my gear.

The only close* equivalent is pwr/tough/crit dmg and using only 3 pieces of it, you don’t have to become a drama queen about it and rework YOUR ENTIRE build for 3 pieces. As for healing power builds, Anet learned their lesson and removed garbage stats since healing power scales SO BAD you would need at least 1000 healing power to make it viable. [barely] (ie: There’s a reason why almost all armor/accessories have power on them, it is not viable to run a full “healing” or “tank” build being next to useless, YOU MUST DO DAMAGE!)

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

At least they have Rabid, that’s all i wanted

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Demerz.6194

Demerz.6194

The only close* equivalent is pwr/tough/crit dmg and using only 3 pieces of it, you don’t have to become a drama queen about it and rework YOUR ENTIRE build for 3 pieces. As for healing power builds, Anet learned their lesson and removed garbage stats since healing power scales SO BAD you would need at least 1000 healing power to make it viable. [barely] (ie: There’s a reason why almost all armor/accessories have power on them, it is not viable to run a full “healing” or “tank” build being next to useless, YOU MUST DO DAMAGE!)

The lack of game knowledge in this post can only be summarized into this:
/Facepalm

Looked to my left, but was actually to my right, why do I confuse myself too much?

Gao Gao.4973

Healing Power scales just fine, and Anet clearly doesn’t want it removed, for it is included in small numbers on certain Ascended Items. There are is also the normal Healing Jewelry that was just recently released…but it just didn’t make it to the Ascended tier.

But your Power, Toughness, Crit damage ring suggestion might actually work out for me, as a Necro (fury upon entering deathshroud).

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

XGhoul.7426

/Facepalm

Care to elaborate with actual evidence between 0-xx # of healing power?
Or make a case where I was wrong since it’s easy to say “you’re so wrong” when you don’t have the evidence to back it up.

Posted by: Negativity.5801

Negativity.5801

Having played a shout healing warrior for months, I disagree entirely.

XGhoul.7426

Having played a shout healing warrior for months, I disagree entirely.

I’m beginning to wonder if some of you have done 30-40 min fractal runs (with jade maw) at 30+ with a decent D/D grp.

Gao Gao.4973

The scaling of Healing Power has nothing to do with the speed in which you complete your 30+ Fractal Runs. It is sort of like how nothing you have posted, aside from a fraction of your first response, has any relevance to this thread. You just really wanted the internet to know about your elite dungeon and dragons group.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Demerz.6194

Demerz.6194

/Facepalm

Care to elaborate with actual evidence between 0-xx # of healing power?
Or make a case where I was wrong since it’s easy to say “you’re so wrong” when you don’t have the evidence to back it up.

Sorry, I don’t care to discuss things with people giving out evidence with, ‘’SO BAD’‘, and proves it with ’’MUST DO DAMAGE’’

But I will say this, if Anet wanted to remove garbage stats, why does then ‘’Seal of Khan-Ur’’ excist.

Looked to my left, but was actually to my right, why do I confuse myself too much?

Posted by: Malzeth.2168

Malzeth.2168

Odds are you play a thief or ranger, maybe a warrior. So of course you would know nothing about healing power and what it actually does.

Since there’s no way to parse damage/healing here’s comment based on EXPERIENCE.

With a “Tank” guardian and a 1400+ healing power Ele using a staff, on 99% of of fights both in Fractals and old dungeons, you can fall asleep and your party won’t die.

SO, take your “I’m right and you’re wrong” lack of experience elsewhere.

Crystal Desert / Guardian, Ranger, Ele, Engi “pewpew!” “NO YOU FOCUS!!”

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

I’d also like to have a ring with healing power.

XGhoul.7426

Odds are you play a thief or ranger, maybe a warrior. So of course you would know nothing about healing power and what it actually does.

Since there’s no way to parse damage/healing here’s comment based on EXPERIENCE.

With a “Tank” guardian and a 1400+ healing power Ele using a staff, on 99% of of fights both in Fractals and old dungeons, you can fall asleep and your party won’t die.

SO, take your “I’m right and you’re wrong” lack of experience elsewhere.

When I was talking about healing power scaling badly I meant it specifically for a AH guardian build.

Honestly I have encountered NO dungeon that requires a “tank” build, (as a guardian) this game was meant to be played with everyone knowing their profession by providing support (utilities) with high damage (ie: if everyone is providing support party hp and still providing as much damage as they can it keeps the entire party alive without relying on old MMO mechanics [WoW]). If you want to run a tank spec as a guardian and hinder your party with longer runs then be my guest. As a guardian you always* have to change your utilities based on map and party comp, but to say there is a cookie-cutter tank build that runs anything is just ignorant of game mechanics. (even devs talked down on eles that rely on healing type builds and let’s be honest, about it besides guardians or ele’s there isn’t alot of classes relying on healing power).

p.s nice assumptions you made about me, but nice try

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

I think XGhoul is right with the things he wrote in his last post, every time I get an “don’t worry, I’m a tank/healer guardian!” in a dungeon group the run takes about 20-25% longer WITHOUT making it simpler, because a boss that isn’t dead means more attacks to dodge/block/heal.
Totally different from the runs we make with a guildmate that run a DPS Guardian (not Glass Cannon but Power oriented stat-wise), with groups of mobs disappearing one after another.

It’s true that going full-defense-no-attack doesn’t support the group really well (unless you’re running CoF path 2), it’s better to always have at least some attack power.

Gao Gao.4973

This thread is not about Healing Power. And if you could think outside of your dungeon bubble, you would understand why some people want to have stats like Healing Power. Yes, believe it or not, some people run these dungeons simply for the gear, not enjoyment, as their focus is WvW. And concerning this new derailed topic: if you think Healing Power on a Support Character is worthless in WvW, then you are hilarious.

So maybe when you guys are running your elite D/D groups, you might want to take a step back and realize that you are in an extremely niche roll within the game, that other people may run these dungeons for their own reasons. I know it’s hard to think normally like this, but give it a shot!

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Gao Gao.4973)

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

I really want a cleric’s set of rings for my power and healing necromancer. I’ve got to use the “little bit of everything” ring set right now, and it’s bumming me out.